What Is Right

Still You, Just you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
. What is Right .

Donghae’s POV

I was really shocked when I received mom’s call all of a sudden. Right when Dara and I practically were just talking about introducing Dara to her… What are the odds, really? Out of all those times that she would, it’s today… Is the heaven playing tricks at us or is this what’s destined for us?

She was very excited and happy to see me, batting her eyes on the camera of her phone. “Ahhh there’s my baby boy” she exclaims.

Dara scoots away from me and sat on the other end of the day bed, hugging her arms together to herself making sure she’s out of the phone’s camera frame and won’t be seen.

“Oh… yeah omma… why…why did you call?” I asked warily looking straigtly to the rectangle device in front of me. “Is something the matter?”

“Why? Should I only call when there’s trouble? Can’t I call my baby boy whenever I want?” Mom asks in a sceptical tone. “Don’t you miss omma?”

“Of course I do, ma… It’s just that… You called so sudden”

“It’s not like I’m disturbing you in your work, right? You’re on a vacation and you’re free to talk” she says smiling brightly. “It’s been a while since you last came home you see. So I really miss you…”

The last time I’ve been home to Mokpo was Chuseok, and after that vacation Super Junior activities has already started, unabling me to go home again. Even on New Years and even when the time I was injured. When she heard about what happened in gayo she was very frantic and worried but she couldn’t come to Seoul but I bet she really want to tend to me that time.

“Well, I miss you too, omma” I sighed and feeling guilty about it. “Don’t worry… I’ll come home there soon… and be with you”

“Aigoo~ My baby boy! So sweet…” My mom is usually quiet but she loves to express her fondess to her sons and treats us like we’re still little kids. We don’t really mind if she does, however, sometimes she asks us things that are slightly embarrassing like… “Now give omma a flying kiss…”

Eh? My brows furrowed. “Ani…” I shook my head. Don’t get me wrong, I love her so much. But giving a flying kiss now while Dara is watching is… it’s…it’s…

“Come on, why are you suddenly embrassed? Omma wants a kiss!”

I sighed heavily in defeat. What else can I do? I don’t want to upset her so I had follow and give her what she wants. I pressed my three fingers together to my lips a number of times then blew it to her. “Mumumumumumumumuah~~~!!!”

“Ah I like it~” mom cries.

And while she smiles there widely, my eyes left the camera and pretended to gaze upon the view but really I am glancing to see Dara’s current reaction. And as expected, like mom she was smiling widely, but as a teasing grin.

You’re laughing at me being embarrassed huh? I thought while squinting my eyes at her, then back to face mom. One hand was holding my phone, and one hand by my face as I brush my finger tips on my lips.

“So how’s the view over there at Bali? Is it beautiful?”

“Yes. Very… It’s a dreamlike place. Next time I’ll bring you here” I told her. “We’ll have a date!”

“Eh~~ that’s good. But I’ll like it better if I go there when it’s already for your wedding” she says, knowing my dream of my marriage at this place. “When will that happen I wonder? How long would I wait? You know I am not getting any younger, Hae… I need grandchildren”

Lately mom loves to bring that matter up, like Donghwa she also wants me to see me settle down. She can’t help it, I am in the right age anyway but if it’s grandchildren she wants, should she pester Lee donghwa hyung for that? He’s married anyway…

“We’re trying, you know” Donghwa joins in the conversation, he sits next to mom and waved his hands in hello. I nodded my head up in greeting back. Though I really didn’t expect he would be at Mokpo now. “And besides, it’s easier to have children than Donghae finding his right one. Bet we can already have 3 children he still haven’t seen her”

I gave an unhappy glare. “Ya, that’s not funny”

“What? It’s the truth! You’re a slowpoke!”

Mom hits him in his arm hardly. “Ya! Don’t boast!” she scolds him then back to her smiley face to me. “Take your time, Hae-aa. Just continue searching and you will find the one eventually, okay?”

“Nae, omma” I smiled, glaring back at Donghwa like a kid sticking his tongue out for mom is on his side.

“I believe you’ll find a really nice girl that you will love very much and that will love you the same. Someone who would bring joy and ease to your heart and make you the happiest just being with her” Mom says.

And while she does so, without looking away from my family, I brought down my left hand that touching my lips and slides it down gently until it reaches Dara’s hand. I sensed her look at me.

Yes Dara it’s you… that’s what I meant for wanting to hold her hand. To me, there’s no need for searching for I know in my heart I have already found her. I strongly believe that everything that mom said, is Dara.

She hits my hand at first, even if I don’t look at her I reckon she’s blushing and hating me for that cheesy act again. But then she placed her hand on my open palm after and holds it tightly, interlacing our fingers together.

It brought a slight smile on my face.

“By the way, is Yesung there? I need to ask him about something…” Donghwa suddenly bluirted out after that semi-serious conversation.

“Huh? Uhm no he’s out by the pool”

“How about Sungmin?”

“Also swimming”

“Siwon?”

After Siwon, I felt he’s just going to ask everyone’s name continuously so I had to put a stop to it and asks what he needs.

“Are you hanging out with yourself then?” Mom asks worriedly. “Why? Did you have an argument with your members?”

“No… We’re okay. They’re just out to the pool. I just feel like hanging out by the beach alone… You know…”

“Even Hyukjae isn’t with you?” she aks, for Eunhyuk and I are always together and rarely separated she’s a bit bewildered. “How can that be?”

I tried to get away by using the excuse that Hyukkie and I cant always be together and that there’s special someone that need to spend time with too, but I only intended to say IU and him, but…

“Oh!” Donghwa took it differently and blurted out upon realizing something “Are you with a special someone then?”

“Huh?”

“You said it yourself!” He exclaims excitedly and repeating my statement from before. “Whoa! Are you with a girl, Hae??? Are you on a date!?”

Ah ottoeke… The terror starts to build up inside me, but I still stayed calm and acted innocent while mom reacted surprisingly from hearing the word girl.

She says she wants me to date but she gets frantic whenever a girl really exists. “Does Lee Soo Man know about this? Does he know you’re spending the vacation with a special someone?!”

“No mom, calm down. Donghwa hyung’s just making stories. I am not with someone…”

“Hooo lies~… I know you, bro. How can you hang out by yourself when you’re practically afraid being alone” The guy on my screen smirks evilly as he is conf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter