The Plan

Still You, Just you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
. The Plan .

Dara’s POV

“Aigoo seriously… what’s wrong with you… So clumsy” Chaerin says while she looks for some clothes I’ll change into.

Bommie and Minzy were sitting on our bed, talking about something that has seem to be discussed while I was away.

I, for being soaked, am standing in the bathroom, with my face resting on my hand that’s holding the side of the door, peeking my head out.

My lips pressed on the back of my palm.

My heart has calmed yet I’m still feeling his warmth. I can’t believe such thing has happened. I don’t know what has gotten into me earlier.

What brought us there?

If last night I was crying nonsense about Jiyong… I completely forgotten about it and anything else in the world when I was kissing Donghae.

All day long while they were gone, I used that time to things over. I sat on the shore and just looked blankly over the horizon, hugging my knees to my chest.

After seeing how perfect that little moment we had in his bedroom. How it felt so calm and peaceful. How it made me feel that it’s what I want things to be.

I realized that it’s only I who’s complicating things between us.

I’m thinking too much. Worrying about things that I shouldn’t. Why should I think about Jiyong when I have Donghae here with me today? I should atleast focus on him now, right when it seems that we were somewhat brought by the heavens together.

That’s what my Bali getaway is all about anyway, right? To look for answers and to sort my feelings and figure out if my feelings for him are real and strong enough for me to accept his confession.

In regards to Jiyong’s case, if he really wants me back then he should have come here too. Although it’s impossible, still fate would bring his way.

So tonight, I totally have broken my wall down and was able to let Donghae in and give it a chance.

And I guess it’s the right thing to do. For I felt a heavy load got lifted from my shoulders.

I felt relaxed. Relieved. And happy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

“I didn’t know you brought that dress!” Bommie suddenly exclaimed while looking at where Chaerin is. My eyes also turned to the one the leader is holding. It’s a dress I have once used in an Etude Summer shoot.

“You should wear that atleast tomorrow, unnie” Minzy says.

“Why? Where are we going tomorrow?” I asked. “Aren’t we doing underwater adventure?”

“Change of plans, unnie. We’ll do that on Day 6. Tomorrow we’ll visit temples and go sightseeing.” Minzy informed me while she scans through her phone, studying ahead of the temples we’ll be going to.

“Why the sudden change?” I asked.

“Apparently Super Junior who suggested it” Chaerin says in a chuckle. “They say they want to get away from the beach and waters for a change”

“Are we going there with Super Junior????”

They looked at me ridiculously as if asking me, why am I even surprised? Of course we will be with them.

“They’re also incharge of arranging the ride” Bommie says. “Call time is 5:30 AM. The shuttle will leave early at 6am.”

5:30AM!? 6:00 AM!?  My eyes widen. Why is it so early? And what about breakfast?

“We’ll eat on the way. We need to be early so we can tour everything and have enough time to take pictures and etc.”

Chaerin comes up to me and gives me the pajamas I’ll be wearing tonight. She pointed her finger at us three respectively. “So you… You… and you… must go to bed early. I don’t want to have a hard time on waking you up”

“You don’t have to worry about me, I can wake up fast” Minzy says.

“I’ll sleep early, I promise” Bom says raising her right hand in a promise.

CL’s head turns to me last, causing me to smile modestly. “Ya… You should sleep right after you change, alright?” the leader tells me. “Enough of Donghae oppa~ You can still see him tomorrow anyway, arasso?”

“Nae” I answered without any seconds of delay.

For I am an obedient member, friend and wifey to Chaerin, I did what she said, I went inside the bathroom, washed up, changed into clothes she gave me, climbed up the bed and prepared to go to sleep.

However… As I already have closed my eyes and call it a day.

The phone rang.

 

* * * *

Normal POV

 ‘Let’s just hung up. This is so awkward” Dara says chuckling over the resort’s land line phone.

“Why? This is actually nice…” says Donghae, from the other line.

It’s been minutes since their call started yet they been conversing nothing. They’re both lying on their beds with phones pressend on their ears, not speaking or anything, just listening to quiet sounds from the other line and their silent breathing.

Even with that quietness the two are still smiling beautifully for no apparent reason.

One may think the other has hung up but no, they know he/she’s still listening and just thinking.

“What are you thinking?” Donghae asked, while playing his fingers on the phone cord.

“Hmmm….” Dara hums long while he pretends to contemplate. What else is there to think about really? It’s a given their minds are filled of the event earlier.

Of course she doesn’t want to be the first one to bring it up. She’s a lady.

“You first”

“Me? Hmmm…” Donghae did the same. Pretending like he has to think about it long “…how clumsy you were…”

Dara frowned. “Ayooo… If you’re just going to bring up the fail fall, stop now”

Donghae chuckled. “He he he… I’m just teasing you.... But… I need my shirt back though”

“No. Finder’s keeper. Loser’s weeper~”

“You didn’t actually find it, you know. You took it of---“

“Ya! Stop!” Dara felt so flustered, remembering it again. It was so embarrassing to her to think that she actually was driven to take his shirt off.

“Sorry...” he says, realizing it could make her uncomfortable.

Dara sighs and looks at to where she has hanged the shirt to dry.

But indeed.

If it really wasn’t for that shirt or her clusiness who knows what could have happened next? It’s not like they’re going to do it there, but how can she ever stop kissing him? Will she be able to? She felt so out of control.

How much she felt so heated up.

The overwhelming feeling almost drove her crazy.

So what now?

Are we a couple?

Does that moment signifies that I have chosen him?

I guess… we wouldn’t be in that intense situation if I still don’t love him that much right?

While Dara thinks over those stuff to herself, Donghae was thinking about something else. On his side, he was just staring at the seconds-hand of the analog clock on the side table beside him, watching it as it turns clockwise slowly.

15…

14…

13…

He has been doing that since the conversation has started, counting down inside his head. He takes more heavier breathes as the numbers goes lower and lower.

“Hm? Is something the matter? You sound like you’re holding your breath… Why?” Dara pointed.

“Aniyo… It’s nothing…” he says. Then turned silent again.

5...

4…

3…

2…

As soon as he saw all the hands of the clock pointing up to 12, he closes his eyes, takes a deep breathe and sighs again.

“Hm… really what is it?”

“Nothing”

“Ya that’s not nothing…” she says in suspicion. “You sighed when it striked 12 AM… Why? Are you Cinderella? Or is it someone’s birthday?”

“Ani…” he says. “It’s just that the day was a really really good one… Me waking up with you in my sight… then me hearing what you’ve said earlier… they all feel like a dream…”

His voice sounds like he both wants to say it and not, for his words have so much honesty… he’s also feeling a bit shy and uncertain whether it’s alright to say it.

“I was truly happy… but then I was worried if the day would still end with you thinking about GD…” He says. “But seeing how it’s now 12 midnight, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter