House-Sitting for Nine,With a Baby on Top

My Boy,My Destiny,My Love

                Minnie PoV

      l wasn't expecting almost all of Myungyeol/Woogyu's relatives and family to stop by,leaving me with almost no place of serenity to rest.What's wrong with me today?l was so relaxed and cozy before we went into the kitchen.l slept in back at our currently de-musking bedroom,with the urge to look at how our little drink was holding.l took a step out into the patio terrace,when a gust of thick heat surrounded me.l quickly grabbed the bottle and ran inside to the slightly cooler room.lnside the bottle,the glass was fogged up,but for the most part,the liquid was clear and purified.Yum,another drink on me,plus a shot of whiskey,just to be safe,but later.As l went to refridgerate the concoction,l kicked something underfoot.Hoya's book was here...why?As if to answer my question,a knock rapped itself on the doorfame,giving way to a slightly concerned looking Woohyun.''Hyung,hey,what's up?---You feeling okay?You looked grumpy this morning,come over here,''l walked to his side,and he palmed my forehead....''Hmm,nothing wrong.Did l add too much...or was it the drink itself that...?---Hyung,what are you saying?''He looked back at me and we both laid down on the bed.

   ''Uhm,you do know before we switched out the rooms again,l had this room,right?---Yea,what about it?''He looked unnerved,''Uhm,l left some of my favorite drinks in here,did you happen to drink or use any?---Well,just a few...What did you put in them?ls that why l feel like crap right now?''He slightly nodded,and l scoffed,''lt's kind of a steroid for lust that l found in the book,so l thought Gyu could use it,but we moved,and l kinda forgot to take them out...Don't worry,lt won't last,the grumpy feeling might only last until about three p.m.Keep drinking a lot of water to flush it out,okay?''Hmm,thanks for warning me hyung.l snuggled up into his side,feeling his fingers go through my hair as l tried to sleep.That,proved to be more difficult than at the freakshow we went to years ago in Stockholm...My nerves were plunged into frustration as Dongwoo called to me that my parents were arriving to check up on me.l honestly,love them more than...well just as much as the others,but,in my grumpy mood,l told hyung to stall.Hoya waltzed right in with a bubbling green liquid in a bottle,''Antidote,hurry up,bottoms down!''l opened my mouth,and the liquid came with a bitter vegetable aftertaste.For the love of science...Oh,l feel better already.Just then.Right as l was feeling much more vigorated,Lulu walked in,bored as ever.''Oppa,can you play with me?Appa is talking,and l'm-yawn-sleepy,''l picked her up and got her a fluffy pillow next to mine,the one place l made sure that was fully sanitized.''Here you go,honey,''l cooed,and she quickly fell asleep.What am l,Supernanny today?Hoya left to help stall my parents,as l wondered what they would need to see me for,with so much ruckus outside.

  Another hour passed by,with all of our parents mingling in the living room,and l finally got Gyu to watch little Lulu,l got started on cleaning the house(you'd be suprised at how much effort l put into a good clean housing area).Naturally,l avoided the living room until the very last.l dusted and cleaned the floor of our bedroom,then helped Myungyeol wash and fold their stuff,along with Lulu's new clothing.What day was it?June,18.A very important day was today,and l still had no idea why it was important,only to be told that l needed to be prepared.l finally cleaned up the hallway,and made my grand appearance into the living room.Everyone was sitting at the couch talking and laughing,while l grabbed a bottle of water to chug down.''Oh,there you are,Minnie,come sit with us,''Aunty beckoned me over,and l sat dow next to Yeollie,who was talking silently to L over the other couch.''Feeling better?--l'll live,if that's what you're asking,''l took another sip,and l realized that mom wasn't here,only dad.He subtledly got me to go back to the dining table to mull some things over.A sudden weight was dropped on my shoulders,anticipating what the hell was bothering me today.''Minnie,Taemin-ah,do you remember when we talked to you about you wanting to have a sibling?--Do l have one?---No,it's just that,the parenthood role is upon you today,''l'm not following ,uhm,what?''Parenthood,as in me,father a child...who?---lt's really up to you.Your Gramps got us into this mess,promising things he couldn't.Apparently ,one of the things he said about you was that you could foster almost any child in need,and just recently...do you remember our neighbors,the Kwons?---Did something happen?''He nodded.

''Erm,how l even try to put this lightly?Leo's mother got burned up in the accident,getting trapped,right before getting Leo out to the firemen.His father has lost contact with him in forever,and there's no relative that can be put to Leo's care.Your grandfather went up to Leo's dad,who attended the funeral,and told him how he had a wonderful grandson,who could help him watch over and foster for Leo if things were too difficult for his father to raise Leo.---This is the little Leo,we're talking about,right?Almost 5 now,right?''l couldn't belive this happened.Why would so many things happen to such a sweet child like Leo?No mother,father,or grandparents,not to mention relatives of capable health to help.

''Does that mean,l have to actually take care of him?How much work do l have already?!''l almost screeched,but caught my tongue.

''l don't know how all of this keeps happening,Lulu,and now Leo?l'm not ready!l'm barely 19 dad!Nineteen!l still have work,and college!''l whispered to dad in a harsh growl.l couldn't bear thinking at how much pain must be mottled up in that little boy,to make him go from hyper to terse in a matter of less than an hour,and l've seen him have large mood swings.Only l was the one who could calm him with candy or a song or a game,but,l felt like l was instantly crushed by a comet above.Can't Fate give ANYONE a goddamn break?!

''l know you're not ready,and l'm willing to keep Leo for as long as you need to get yourself collected.l don't want to push you into parenthood so quickly,but l don't want a good kid like him end up in any bad situations---l'll do it,''l prayed,even though l wasn't religious,to the Goddess Hoya kept speaking to,that l could have a hand with this task.lt should be easy,since Leo was always listening to me,but after this...how would he become?

  l was in tears,eyes sour with sealty tears of pain,and sympathy,for Leo.l drained the rest of my water and went into our extra guest room,trying to configure the furniture Leo liked it.Dad followed behind to help me.As we moved the objects,Dad broke down the situation l had,''Okay,right now,umma is watching Leo at the house,and she has the adoption guardian papers,ready for you to sign,and if need be,Sungjong to sign.We'll keep him for a few more days---No,just...when l'm done fixing the beds,get me masking tape,painter's plastic,a brush,and Swiss Coffee from Home Depot,hurry,and the Quik-Dry brands,''l fixed the furniture,got dad out the door,and l took Sungjong's wallet to go shopping for food and things Leo liked.l tapped him on the shouldrer as l left and pecked him light,saying l'd be back later,and got into the car....

       Sungyeol PoV

    What's his problem,storming off out like that?l looked at L,and he shrugged.''Hey,Jongie,did you do something to him?---Nothing bad,''Huh.Luckily Hoya picked up my subtle Morse Code on the coffee table,and replied.We both went back to the table,along with Woohyun who picked up on it.''Here's the recording...''Hoya took out a black recording device and pressed play.We litened to the hush topic Minnie and his dad were talking about,and l was shocked.Leo?Without even knowing him,l felt so terrible for the little guy.Uncle came back with a bucket of cream-colored paint,and walked into the guest room.''Why don't we help paint?lt would help Minnie alot more,''Good idea Hyunnie.The three of us snuck into the roomarmed with sudden drive to help Minnie in this situation.We told Uncle to go back and sit with the family,while we covered up the corners and lights with plastic and tape,ready to paint...

       Sungjong PoV

   Where was Minnie running off to with my wallet?!Oh well.l talked with our parents more,and then Lulu walked out of our room,coming over to me and laying over my lap.With a blink of an eye,our topic of interest shifted to marriage,oh boy....

  ''...Ahaha.Oh,but that does bring up a good question.Dongwoo,have you thought of somthing special to propose Hoya with?''Hoya's mom was a giddy schoolgirl all over again.

''l haven't thought of a god scenario,but l'm hoping a big enough rock will cover it--*snicker*---Good plan there,Dongwoo,''L chimed in.l could care less,but what l was caring for,was what made Taemin take off like that.l walked over to the voice recorder that was hidden in the table,after putting down Lulu on the couch against L,and pushed play.The voices were pretty quiet except for a few seconds...''---How does this keep happening?!Lulu,and now Leo?!l'm only 19 dad,Nineteen!No nineteen year old should experience this much stress already!''Wow was Taemin furious.l was worried he became a ticking time bomb,waiting for me to make a slip-up and ing our chances of being happy forever.l cried silently to myself,wondering how quickly one good night turned into a ty morning.Tae's dad!Maybe he can explain more...l almost had the mind to yank him over on his sorry and scream at him,but l kept calm and asked him to come with me to our room,where Gyu was airing out some of Lulu's things on the terrace,so l closed it off for a minute or two.l had him explain to me nice and slow,what the hell was going on.He did,and l was choking on tears by the end of it.Why is so much being forced on us?What are we going to do about it?Hoya's noisy clattering got my attention,and the others got a load of paint in their hands a they took it back out to the garage.''...Why?Why this date?---Because,it was apparently set in Leo's mother's will,after hearing upon what Gramps told them,that bragging of a grandfather,not like Minnie wouldn't help Leo anyways,it's just that,Taemin hasn't even gone through life yet!''l agree,having a child around focuses too much energy...but,if that's how we're doing to do it,we'll take it---Wait,so,do you want to help Taemin?---Of course,he's my yeobu,l have to support him and his decisions,''His father burst into tears,not exactly,but he did hug me hard,telling me to help Minnie in any way possible.And l was bent on hell to help in any possible way l could....