41.

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME.....NOT
Please log in to read the full chapter

Pain is meant to wake us up.

Getting hurt is damaging, it can make or break you and sadly, some just choose to be broken than fixing themselves up.

In life and love, pain will always be felt and it even goes in different levels and has different reasons. We can ignore it and just go on with our lives or we can deal with it for a while or if you’re a borderline masochist, you can live with it forever.

But why do you even have to let yourself fall completely in hell when you have all the chance to pull yourself out of it?

If you think that there are no advantages in getting hurt, think again coz there are a lot.

Pain is something we feel and hate for it really is giving us a hard time to live again but it can also wake us up from all the stupidity that we keep on doing. If we only take time and think about it, we will realize that it’s keeping us stronger and teaching us to be wise and is also changing our views in life, that we shouldn’t let ourselves be ruined by something that we don’t deserve to feel for happiness is what we really deserve.

So if you’re hurting as of the moment, stand up and walk on the road to happiness. It is hard and not an easy journey but it’s worth it.

I woke up feeling a lot better than the other mornings. I don’t know why, but I missed the lightness and the positivity.

With a smile on my face, I walked out of my room and got shocked upon seeing a humongous bouquet of flowers on the coffee table.

“Is it my birthday today?” I asked myself and checked the date on my phone.

It isn’t for my birthday is still next week. This is weird. It seems like Appa and Oppa sent their gift earlier than usual.

Excited, I picked it up and smelled it.

There’s nothing more calming than the smell of fresh flowers. I love this day. I already have a feeling that it’s going to be wonderful.

“Oh!” I gasped in surprise upon reading the card.

Good Morning Rae!

As much as I want to give this personally to you, I can’t because of my busy schedule but don’t worry, I’ll stop by your house before going home later after work.

I love you.

Seunghyunie.

Ow. So this isn’t an early birthday gift.

I suddenly feel weird. I don’t know if it’s because I’m not used to it or because I’m not expecting this at all from him.

He’s damn serious about pursuing me when I really thought that he’s just playing with me that time. To me, he’s just doing all these because he wants me to feel better but it seems like being a rebound is really cool with him.

“No” I plopped myself on the couch and massaged my temples.

“This can’t go on!” I exclaimed and was freaked upon hearing plates and utensils clattering in my kitchen.

What is the meaning of this? As far as I know I’m living here alone, but why does it seem like someone invaded my favorite spot in the whole house?

“What the!” I was stoned. I cannot believe who I’m seeing.

“SURPRISE!”

It’s Karla.

I wonder why she’s here. The last time I checked she’s partying all night in New York just to forget her past relationship and the man that broke her heart into pieces.

“What are you doing here?” I welcomed her in my arms and hugged her tightly.

She hugged me back then pulled out after a while “Let’s just say that I’m here to help you heal”

Help me heal? Am I really that bad? Why does everybody want to help me get through my break-up?

They’re deeply appreciated but I don’t need help. OK. Fine. Maybe I do, but it’s making me feel like crap by thinking that I’m disturbing people just because of my being miserable when they have things to do and deal with as well.

“So sweet of you” I said and hugged her again “But…you don’t have to do this….daily phone conversations are good with me already” I told her.

She walked back to the stove and checked whatever she’s cooking.

“I know…but don’t you love it that I’m here?” she asked.

“I do…I really do K” I answered, earning a smile from her.

“You see…” she tasted the pumpkin soup that is boiling already and turned the stove off “I will not go here if I don’ feel like you need me but you do…so…TADA! I’m here to the rescue!”

Before I always want to be rescued by people but now that I feel like I’ve bothered them so much already, I’m good with just having them around, motivating and giving me love.

“I’m such a bother…huh?” I asked while she’s putting soup on my bowl.

She smirked “You are….but I don’t mind….after all I’m dealing with a broken heart as well…and as the saying goes….two is better than one…we can fight against pain and move on together”

I gave a nod in agreement “You’re right….we have to get over this soon coz I feel like my life is on hold because of all these”

Karla sighed heavily then shook her head “Rae…you’re the only one who is holding yourself back...”

“Look at me! I’m also broken…and I believe I’m much wrecked than you but I’m not letting it take over my whole life…”

“It is hard to deal with pain but you can do a lot of things to lessen it or keep yourself numb even just for a little while just to not feel it…you don’t have to bring it anywhere with you” she said while swishing her spoon back and forth “Locking yourself in here and just being so emotional and sentimental will not help

Please log in to read the full chapter