50.

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME.....NOT
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s a constant marathon.

We’ve been chasing dreams since we can remember. We keep on wanting success and running towards it no matter how impossible to catch up and far it is.

In love, we keep on looking for the “real deal” that there are even times wherein we put everything on the line just to get the person we want and make him or her love us.

Life and Love is like a constant marathon where you just keep on running even if your legs feels like they’re about to come off.

Why?

Because once you stop, you will be left behind.

It is a lot of pain, sacrifice and extremely tiring to run, but once you finish the race and reached the finish line, you will feel a sense of satisfaction and pride.

I feel really bad for leaving Seunghyun when I know that I promised to give him a “good time” this morning.

Actually, I’m a bit relieved that something came up at the restaurant leaving me with no choice but to attend to it right away than push through with our first bunny hole moment.

It’s not that I don’t want to give myself to him. I don’t know, but I still find it a little weird knowing that he’s used to be my best friend and not even once have I imagined him and I fooling in bed, but things are different now for we’re not just best friends anymore, we’re already lovers which means that no matter how we try to keep out of the ual radar, time will come that we’re gonna do it. Maybe I just need some time for reality to sink in and fully prepare for it.

Rushing home to take a quick bath I can’t help but think about how Seunghyun will react if I tell him about Jiyong’s sudden appearance in my life again. As much as possible I’m trying to keep it in for I kinda have an idea of what might happen to their already tainted relationship once he learns about it but I know for sure that he’ll know about it sooner or later.

If Jiyong don’t back out and stop, I’m sure that not only their relationship is going to be in ruins but my relationship with Seunghyun as well. I’m worried because I know that their brotherhood, friendship and work including the people around them will be affected.

One thing that will make me leave completely and cut bonds with them is knowing that I’m going to be the reason of their fall. I’d rather not love them and hurt than see them break in pieces.

“What’s going on here?” I asked the moment I walked in the restaurant.

My staffs are preparing to open, two of them are arranging the pastries, cupcakes and cakes in the display counter, one is manning the cash register while the rest are cleaning. From the looks of it, nothing seems to be going wrong.

“What’s up?” I asked my assistant who approached me right away.

She gave out a smile which I returned with a smile as well “I’m sorry for making you come here so early Ma’am” she apologized “There seem to be a problem in the kitchen”

Curious and worried, I dashed to the kitchen to check on it.

You see, if you’re running a restaurant the least that you want to happen is the kitchen having a problem like an oven malfunction or completely broken. I always go nuts whenever this happens for our service will surely be slowed down by it and that’s not how I want things to work.

“What do we have here?” I asked worriedly upon seeing two of my staffs who are in-charge of repairing things around in the middle of fixing an oven.

“Two of our ovens are not functioning well….there seem to be a leak somewhere as well but we haven’t checked on that yet…but there’s nothing to worry now Ma’am for we can do something about it though from our estimate it will only last till today”

Hearing this made me really happy for it just means that business will go on as usual and will not get paralyzed because of this problem.

“Alright…I’ll just call for a repairman to check the whole kitchen tonight or tomorrow morning…for now let’s bake as much as we can for us to have enough supply coz we’re not sure if the ovens are going to be repaired right away by tomorrow…I’ll start working in a few minutes” I said then left.

This day is going to be long and it’s all because I have to make as much pastries as I can for I’m not sure if we’ll be able to make some tomorrow.

“Gosh!” I checked my schedule and saw meetings after meetings which are already making me tired even if I haven’t started yet.

I love my job, I love how my business is running but the pressure is really getting the best of me right now. It even doubled because of Jiyong for up until now I’m still thinking of how to make him stop from bugging me.

To be honest, I feel a little strange coz before all I want is for him to look my way and see me the way I see him but after our depressing break-up and with me entering a new relationship where everything seems to be so right and perfect, I can’t even bring myself to appreciate him anymore for the things he’s done compared to Seunghyun’s is nothing. If only he were able to juggle our relationship, his work and all the craziness in his world, I’m sure he’s gonna go beyond but he weren’t able to which is so saddening.

“I need four to five trays of the chocolate chip cookies and a tray of fudge brownies by the end of this day” I instructed the other chefs.

“OK Chef…got it” one of them answered.

Why do I feel like time is ticking so fast when as far as I know I just got here?

“I need you to make twenty Lemon bars….twenty Raspberry bars and Pecan Sables...make it as fast as you can for it needs to be delivered by 2 this afternoon in Cheongdamdong”

“10 cannolis…15 eclairs….5 truffles…NOW!” I yelled.

It’s only been four hours since I started working and I’m in my monster mode already. Our deliveries are behind schedule because one of our ovens gave up on us already, leaving us with only four which is too much for a small pasty restaurant but for a big-scale, it’s already torture for we can’t produce the amount we’re needed to produce in time.

“I need these cupcakes” I scrambled with my order sheet “8 Choco hazelnut….8 triple chocolate chip…8 white velvet…and 8 mint chocolate chip…got it?” I asked and saw my assistant chef staring at me with blank face.

They are losing their marbles as well. I feel so bad for making this day hell for them but I’ve got to do what I’ve got to. Work is work.

Actually, the last call-in order is totally lovely for all of the cupcake flavors ordered are my favorites and it seems like our client is so fond of the number 8.

“Ma’am” my assistant called while I’m icing cupcakes.

I put the pipe bag down and looked at her “What?”

She looks nervous to me. I wonder what happen. Oh my! Please! Please! Please! I don’t want any problems anymore.

“uhmm…you have a visitor” she said, making me curious.

It can be Seunghyun and if it’s really him, I’m going to apologize first for flaking on him this morning.

Leaving my undone cupcakes to another chef, I sped off to my office to meet my visitor. I look like trash with my apron stained with different icing colors.

“Oh!” I gasped in surprise.

Please log in to read the full chapter