33.

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME.....NOT
Please log in to read the full chapter

To find the love you want, you have to be willing to work for it.

Love is wonderful, and once you found it after a long time of searching, you will feel satisfaction and contentment.

Each one of us wants to find true love. We want to live a fairytale life where the Prince found the Princess, fall in love at first sight or after a cheesy song, fight the villain and succeed, and finally live happily ever after. Sadly, these scenarios don’t happen in real life for reality is so far from fantasy.

In reality, finding love is really a lot of work. Yes, we sometimes fall for a person at first sight but unlike fairytales, we can’t tell or feel if we have already found the one with just some cheesy song and sweet poetic dialogues. It takes time for us to say if he/she is sincere and true.

Also, we are not going to fight only one villain for there are a lot of them in real life. Sometimes we even have to go through a needle hole just to win a fight and if we’re not lucky enough, we will not win at all no matter how much effort we exerted.

A true love’s kiss can’t solve a cheating problem and glass slippers can’t fix relationship issues because just like when you’re finding love, these things needs to be worked on, slowly but surely.

The phrase “Happily ever after” is really good to hear and that’s what we desire as well, and for us to be able to live like that in fairytales, we must work hard for it and most especially, not give up the hope that one day, we’ll be living a life that is not Disney made but written and beautifully executed by us.

Make fairytales an inspiration, but don’t wish to live it, instead, you should make your own.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Yeah right, it sure does.

It’s been what? Five straight days since I’ve last seen Jiyong and it really is driving me crazy because I’m expecting phone calls or video chats with him throughout our time apart but because of his busy schedule, there was only one time where we talked without him being tired and in a hurry. One thing that’s driving me crazier is that even if he’s already back here in Seoul, we haven’t seen each other yet.

I get it. He’s busy to the point that his schedule is so packed, eating and sleeping can’t be squeezed in it anymore, but if only he can at least send me a message just for me to know what’s going on with him, it’d be great. Sad to say but I haven’t received one single message from him, enough to annoy me the whole day.

On the brighter side of things, I’m thankful to have Seunghyun with me for he really helped me accomplish the things that are doubling the stress that I’m feeling. Aside from talking me out of my love issues, he ran errands with me and has been a big help in conceptualizing and planning the look of my new upcoming restaurant.

As expected, his good taste in things and furniture awed and amazed me for he really is high standard, making me agree on making my new restaurant look like a millionaire’s villa than its usual cozy and laid back interiors.

“Hyung!” Seungri called out, making me look at his direction.

My eyes twinkled and my heart jumped upon seeing him walking in the studio with a sweet smile plastered on his face. All of a sudden my irritation and annoyance has been washed away.

He greeted s, joined me on the couch, give me a tight hug and a peck on the cheeks.

“I thought you’re not going to come” Youngbae told him.

“It’s just now that I was able to read Rae’s messages to me saying that she’s here with you guys…that’s why even if I’m still in the middle of rehearsals…I immediately went here to see her” he said.

Truth is, I can’t remember how many messages have I sent and how many voice messages I left for him this day only.

Seeing him for the very first time in days is really refreshing. Thing is, he looks so worn out, making my heart ache for him because I can easily tell just by the sound of his voice that he’s already done with everything, it’s just that he doesn’t have a choice but to go on with what he’s doing.

To not disturb the boys from their recording, we decided to go to the YG cafeteria to talk and catch up on each other. I feel so warm because he’s holding me really tight as if he’s afraid that I might just disappear in thin air.

“How are you?” he asked while staring straight into my eyes.

I gave out a smile then sighed “Like you….I’m busy but not SUPER busy…a little stressed because my new restaurant in the works and there are a lot of things to be done and worked on…I’m just so lucky because people are willing to help…”

“Seunghyun is one of them…I’m telling you….he made wonders for me a while ago…he nailed everything to the point that all I can do is nod my head in agreement in everything he chooses and suggests”

He’s silent after that. He just gave out a small smile and stared at blank space after.

I cleared my throat “hmm…how’s your day going? I heard from your manager that you’re extremely packed once again”

He sighed heavily “I really don’t know how I was able to keep up with this day coz as usual…it’s filled with activities...my mind and body are actually just a few inches away from giving up”

Hearing this really give me so much pain because as much as I want to lift even just a bit of weight off his shoulders, I can’t and if ever I can, I don’t know how. If only I can kidnap him and bring him to a place where he can relax and sleep even just for a few hours, I already did.

“You know what? I think…you should tell Sajangnim to give you even a whole day off…I know that your comeback is so near and you still have a concert by the end of this month…but you need a break”

“Just take it from Seunghyun....a while ago he told me that even if he’s busy…he really makes it a point to give himself time to breathe…it’s hard to ask for a break but if you feel like you badly need it…go and ask for it…after all…a day is not going to make a huge impact on your work”

At this point, all I’m praying is for him to listen to me.

“Aigoo…can we not talk about work?” he asked and I nod in agreement.

How stupid can I be? I can already see that he’s tired from work and here I am, tiring him more with talking about it.

“I’m sorry for sleeping on you last night…I was too knocked up” he said, making my heart beat painfully again for he really looks so apologetic when I was in rage a while ago coz of what he did.

I sighed then caressed his cheek “It’s all good”

He smiled “hmmm…what were you saying that time? I wasn’t able to grasp even a few words coz my mind has shut down already”

So my effort in recalling all the things that I’ve done in Thailand when he left is just a waste of brain juices because nothing registered in his mind at all.

“I was telling you about my days in Thailand…the things that I did and tried there and whatnots” I answered.

“Go! I wanna hear them!” he snapped, making me chuckle.

How am I going to dig up and organize everything again?

“Where do I start? Hmm…” I started thinking “Ah!” then snapped “Seunghyun and I had a cook off…he brought me to the hotel’s restaurant and had a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn Thai dishes and delicacies from two of the best chefs in whole of Thailand…I swear Jiyong…it brought out the competitive side of me coz losing against Seunghyun is going to be a big slap on my career…”

“We keep on sabotaging each other…he was messing my dishes and I’m messing his…and to bring the competition up a notch…we picked a family to judge our cooking...”

“And you know what?” I asked excitedly “You will not believe this…but Seunghyun won...only two family members chose my food and it really broke me into pieces…after that...we ate each other’s dishes and I must say…his really tastes so good...but of course…Seunghyu

Please log in to read the full chapter