1.

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME.....NOT
Please log in to read the full chapter

There are too many mediocre things in life and LOVE, shouldn’t be one them.

We tend to fall in-love and get tired of it right away. We take this beautiful word for granted thinking that there are still a lot of people who are going to fall crazily, deeply and madly in-love with us. But you know what? You can never tell, for there are people you love the most who can’t see through you, like they’re numb even if you nearly slap the truth on their faces already. Then here are some who gives it all-out in love but is not getting much appreciation and worst, always being ignored but still hoping that one day, they’ll get noticed.

Hi! I’m Rae Song, twenty-four years old, a pastry chef and a hopeless romantic. I dream big, do everything to make them all come true and hope that things will work good for me.

I’m living the sweet life. My family is intact, we’re happy and not to brag but all of us are successful. I came from a clan of Chefs. We live off food. It started with my Grandmother that pretty much influenced her children. Both my parents are Executive Chefs in one of the biggest and most popular hotels here in Seoul, while my big brother is a Sous-Chef. I on the other hand had been through a lot of searching before finding the right career for me.

During my younger years, I was a star performer in school. I dance, sing and act, which brought me popularity back then. My parents supported me all throughout but got in the way when I decided to drop school and be a trainee to one of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea now. To them, performing should just be a hobby and that it isn’t counted as a career and because of that, they sent me to New York where I was forced to study culinary.

At first I hated what I’m doing. I love to cook but my heart is not with it. I dropped out of the University and secretly enrolled myself in a performing school. I was doing good in everything, I never failed any subjects and excelled a lot. Then one day, a wave of guilt washed me out. I realized that lying to my family is not going to bring me anywhere, that my parents are working really hard just to give me a good education and that I’m wasting it because of my selfishness.

With that in mind, I dropped out of the performing school and went back to the University to continue Culinary. I forced myself to love it and as time passes by, I finally fell in love with it. Baking has always been my favorite that brought me to being a pastry Chef.

Right now, I own two pastry restaurant-cafes and is in the process of establishing my third. My career is on a high but my love life, is in its lowest.

I don’t know why, but it seems like the saying is true “Love and Career doesn’t jell well”. I’ve fallen in love and been in a few relationships, but all of them fail and it’s because I can’t handle work and my man at the same time. Some say that I just have to learn how to juggle them, but up until now I still haven’t figured out how to work it which is totally frustrating.

Not because I’m always a failure when it comes to love means that I already gave up. Truth is, I’m in-love and it’s always been with the same person. I may have had boyfriends in the past but for some unexplainable reason, this guy can still make my heart beat wildly even if he’s merely doing nothing.

Like some girls, I tried getting his heart, but it seems like he’s not going to see me as a woman who can be his lover coz to him, I’m just a best friend, someone who is always there to catch him in every fall and support him in whatever he wants to do, a shoulder to cry on in every frustrating moments, failures and heartaches, a listening ear in every rant, love joys and crazy stories. We’re so open to each other that we know everything, even the dirtiest sides of us.

“Eggs….heavy cream….vanilla bean….vanilla sugar” I pointed at the ingredients in front of me while remembering if I left some out.

“That’s just it” I said and started baking.

Early this morning, I got a call from another best friend saying that he’s gonna stop by for dinner tonight and because I haven’t seen him for a long time, I prepared a lot for him and even disturbed my Omma to help me with the cooking.

“I’m gonna let you cook for a while” I said as I put the Crème Brulee inside the oven.

*phone ringing*

I grabbed my phone on the table and picked the call up right away “Hello”

“I’m on my way there already” he said.

“Alright…I’m almost done with dinner” I replied.

While waiting for our dessert to finish, I head to the bathroom for a while, took a quick shower then dressed comfortably.

*doorbell ringing*

Just right on time. The table’s set and dinner is ready.

“Long time no see!” I jumped into him right away.

“Aigoo” he welcomed me in his arms. His warmth is really comforting. I missed him so much.

He stared at me from head to foot then chuckled “Seems like you gained weight?”

Like everybody, he noticed it too. I think I’m in need of intense exercise already.

I sighed “I did gain a few pounds…do I look horrible?” I asked worriedly.

He burst out in laughter “You don’t” then caressed my cheek “You still look stunning even with flabs”

I don’t know if he’s playing around or what, but hearing that I don’t look bad as a size four is pretty comforting. I may not have my slender body as of the moment but at least there are still people who takes my weight gain in the lightest way.

“Prepared a full course meal just for you” I told him while we’re heading to the dining area.

He gasped in surprise upon seeing a table full of foods and treats. This dinner “date” is a late notice for he just squeezed it in his schedule but I was able to pull things off by planning and working fast.

“Wow!” his eyes got so big upon looking at the dishes.

It made me chuckle “Called Omma to ask for recipes an

Please log in to read the full chapter