21.

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME.....NOT
Please log in to read the full chapter

A good relationship doesn’t need any promises, just two people who trust and understand each other.

Entering a relationship is like letting some stranger who at the same time is familiar, to take over you and in one way or another own you. All of a sudden, you get to open everything up to this “stranger” and let him or her be part of every decision and move you make.

Having someone to run to, love and take care of is really one of the best things in life. We may screw things up, mess here and there, and fool around, but if there’s understanding and trust, these things wouldn’t even be a big deal.

We are human, we make mistakes and stupidity hits from time to time but if your other half knows you well and have confidence that you’ll be able to redeem yourself in the end, problems and challenges wouldn’t shake the two of you.

Promises are usually meant to be broken but we can’t help to not make one. Some go extreme with giving the sun, moon and stars and going from one mountain to another just to get to the person they love, that sounds ridiculous, but hey, a lot of women are captured by these sugar-coated and totally whimsical promises. But you know what? They really don’t believe that the man they’re with will give them the sun, moon and the stars or even the whole universe because to them, these promises are only to show and make them feel that their partners will do everything just for them  and make the impossible, possible, but at the same time not expecting anything.

It’s only a matter of committing your whole self to someone. After all, what makes any relationship is trust and understanding. There are a lot more but these two are the most essential and important because it’s not just all about love.

This shouldn’t be happening. What’s gotten into me?

She pushed me away, breaking the kiss that’s been going on for some time now.

“Jiyong” she called with her fingers touching her soft lips.

Like her, I’m shocked. I’m not expecting this to ever happen.

“Rae” I walked near her but she moved away.

We’ve never kissed, even before when we’re still teenagers I’m all ready to teach her how it’s done and make her feel how it is because she’s so curious about it.

“I’m sorry….I should’ve…”

Goose bumps on her arms are showing, a stunned expression is plastered on her face with her eyes glued at me. This is really going to be hard. I don’t know what to do and how to calm her down.

“Why did you that?” she asked after a while.

I shrugged “I don’t…know”

She walked towards me, closing the gap between us “You don’t know? What the Jiyong! How can you not know? Why do you have to shake my whole being up and make my heart beat so fast when you know so well that I’m trying my hardest to not give my feelings for you any attention? GOSH!”

Just by her voice I can tell that she’s fuming in anger because of what I’ve done. Actually we’re on the same boat coz I’m also angry at myself for being so careless. I cannot even believe that I confessed my love for her when like her, I’m also trying my very best to not give a damn to it at all.

“Rae…I’m sorry…I’m just….” I gripped her shoulders then stared straight into her eyes.

“Why did you do that?” she asked once again.

As much as I don’t want to tell her the truth about my feelings for her, I’m left with no choice, anyway I’ve already voiced myself out a while ago but she’s taking it as a joke and is not believing at all.

“I already told you Rae” I closed the gap between us then lifted her chin up “I love you”

She smirked “Yeah…whatever Jiyong”

This woman. How can she be so hard?

“I’m serious” I told her sternly.

“How can I believe you when all this time you’re not even making me feel like you love me? Not only that….if what you’re saying is true…you will man up and have the balls to tell it right into my face just like what Seunghyun did…and also…”

“How will I believe you when you’re with someone else? You keep on dating all these years….you keep on running to me for advices and help...and I keep on hearing how much you like or love this certain woman….”

“Now tell me…how  am I going to believe whatever you’re saying now when there’s not even a drip of proof that they’re true?”

All the things she said really beat me badly. She’s making sense for not even once have I shown love to her. I care about her but it’s not enough to make her feel special.

“You know what? Let’s just forget that this happened and move on…after all…it’s just a kiss…it’s nothing” she said then forced a smile.

I shook my head “No Rae…it’s not just a kiss”

“Gosh! Why do you have to prolong this nightmare?!” she exclaimed.

“Look me in the eyes and tell me that you didn’t feel anything during that kiss…tell straight into my face that you didn’t feel my passion and sincerity…once you’re able to do that…I’ll brush whatever happened off and completely move on from it” I told her.

She’s speechless. I can tell just by the way she looks that she’s nervous and doesn’t know what to do. I’m confident that she cannot do what I wanted her to do for I know so well that she felt my heart during the short time that our lips are locked to each other.

“What? You can’t do it?” I asked, sounding cocky.

“Jiyong please! Don’t play with me! I’m done with your games!” she exclaimed.

“I’m not playing here”

Silence enveloped us. None of us are talking and she’s not even looking at me. She’s confused and I hate to make her feel like that.

“Good heavens! Why do I have to be in this freakin situation?” she speaks out all of a sudden while looking up the sky.

It made me laugh. Rae is really one random human being who never fails to surprise everyone around her.

“Look Jiyong” her face is so serious “I don’t know what’s gotten into you for fooling around like this…but if you’re just trying to see if I’m gonna be shaken by you…FINE!” she raised her hands up in surrender “I’m shaken and totally captivated by your kiss…coz you’re good”

I cannot believe this.

All I can do is smile. She’s serious but is so funny because of what she’s saying.

“Now you know” I told her, completely satisfied with what I’ve heard.

She hissed “Yeah…now I know why you can get whoever you want…those lips…that tongue…it can really make wonders”

“I’ll take that as a compliment” I said then caressed her cheek “I didn’t do that to prove how a good kisser I am…I did that because I can’t hold my feelings back anymore…I’m being honest here Rae…I love you”

She didn’t give any reaction and shocked me when she pulled me by the collar, wrapped her arms around my neck and claimed my lips. I don’t know what’s going on inside her head.

I kissed her back with my a

Please log in to read the full chapter