37.

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME.....NOT
Please log in to read the full chapter

Whatever you do, whatever mistakes you make, learn from them and grow.

Nobody’s perfect, some may aim for perfection or are thinking that they, or some people they know are, but really, no one, not even the richest is.

Humans are made to bring life and put a whole lot of fun to earth. We hate our flaws, we curse ourselves to the core in every stupid deed that we made, but you know what? These are the things that make this place we’re living in, colorful.

You may be asking, why?

In every stupid decision or action and all the flaws we can point out, we are making and trying to be better.

Life includes stupidity. In fact, ever since we learned how to walk and talk, we have done something stupid already. You may think this is ridiculous but it’s true.

Who didn’t stick their finger in an electrical outlet? Who didn’t pick their noses and tasted the sticky and gooey “goodness” you get from it? Lastly, who tried riding a bicycle, a skateboard or rollerblades when you know in yourself that you can’t ride one or any of them?

I can imagine some of you shaking their heads or saying “Na-uh…not me” or “No…I didn’t do these things” or “It’s called curiosity and not stupidity”

Yes, we are curious but still, it can be counted as one of the most stupid things we’ve ever done.

If you are one of those “some”, you can deny all you want or if you can’t remember and want to be sure of it, better ask your parents, trust me, you’ll get shocked by their answers.

Our drive to correct our flaws and lessen our stupidity in all aspects is what molds us. Along the way we’ll realize a lot of things, like we do not repeat the same things for we know what will happen if we do it again. We learn and move on from it.

This is not only applied in life for it can also work for love. We may have kissed wrong frogs or maybe kissing one as of the moment, but instead of thinking how dumb, blind and stupid you are, take a seat, live in your head for a while, recall the mistakes and all the things you’ve done to your lover and to yourself while in a relationship. In the process you’ll want to slap yourself for some of the things you did are beyond stupid, but there’s no need for that because you should treat these as lessons, something that will make you a better person and a motivation to grow.

Remember, we are not like Benjamin Button who grows backwards. Life is fast and all we can do is go forward and be on every track available.

Why does a relationship that feels so right, end? Why did we even get together if we’ll only be separated and broken one day?

A couple of days had passed and I’m still grieving for lost love. Up until now I still cannot believe that the fairytale that has barely started just ended in just a snap of a finger. I blinked and it’s all behind me now, haunting me and I’m sure it’s going to make me regret for a long time.

I must admit, I should’ve think for a billion or trillion times first before breaking up with him, but what’s done is done. I was carried away by my emotions and hurt to the bone that I don’t even want to listen to any explanations and not even planning to forgive. Now here I am, shattered into pieces, feeling like the world has lost its colors.

Waking up and thinking that another long day is waiting for me, . It really is a challenge to even move a muscle. Dragging myself out of bed, bathing and dressing up feels like a job more than a usual task for I really don’t want to do anything or go anywhere at all.

What I want is to just stay in bed and cry while replaying my short relationship in my head. Sadly, this cannot be possible for I’ve got things to be done and heavy responsibilities on my shoulders.

*phone ringing*

It’s my assistant. I wonder what she’s up to. This call can only mean one thing; something wrong is happening or has happened that I’m needed in the restaurant already.

“Ma’am…where are you?” she asked nervously.

I cleared my throat and sat up “In bed” I answered plainly.

My eyes got big after seeing my reflection on the mirror in front of my bed. I really look like trash. My hair looks sticky like I haven’t bathed for years, my eyes are swollen badly from all the crying that I did last night and just a few minutes ago, and my face is so thin that my cheekbones are sticking out madly. To sum it up, I look so ugly that it’s gonna be much better if I’ll just wrap my face with a scarf or cover it with a paper bag, or better cut my head off.

“What do you need? Isn’t it my free day today?” I asked lamely.

“Ma’am it is….but you have emergency appointments scheduled for today” she answered.

Oh it! How am I going to pull things off if I’m not in my element?

I gave out a sigh “Read them all to me”

I can hear her scrambling through her notes on the other end, while I continue staring at myself in the mirror.

“uhmm…you have a client coming by nine this morning for a wedding cake appointment….another will come again by eleven for the planning of the surprise proposal that the restaurant will hold and cater next month…another one will come by one in the afternoon for a bridal shower cake that is rushed for next week”

Seriously, this is insane! How ironic can things be? I’m brokenhearted and here I am, forced to face people who are so much in love. What’s worse is they trusted me with, if not the biggest, one of the biggest events in their lives.

“Anything more? Don’t we have clients who want a cake as a celebration for his or her broken heart or a party for getting divorced?” I talk , leaving my assistant speechless.

She cleared after a long silence “I’m sure in the future there will be Ma’am” she said and I just rolled my eyes “hmm…you have another appointment though…and I think it’s one of the biggest our restaurants will hold”

A wave of curiosity hit me. From the way she said it, I have a strong feeling that a big company wants to book an event with us. If my hunch is right, the hurt I’m feeling will lessen even just for a bit because it really is a good opportunity.

“Spill it” I said excitedly.

Thrilled, she said “We just got a call from YG Entertainment half an hour ago….they set an appointment with you at six in the evening….according to the representative that I talked with…the event will be a launch of their newly produced show for a new idol group”

My day hasn’t even started and I’m already going crazy. Why out of all times, YGE wants to book me to do an event with them?

“I’m sure the meeting will be at the restaurant” I said while trying to grasp everything.

She took a deep breath “I’m sorry Ma’am but they want to do it at the YG headquarters….because they’ve got no time to go here”

I’ve never given any special treatment, not even to my friends (except for two) when it comes to business. All the people who want my service go to my restaurant to meet me and here’s YGE, bending what I’m used to.

“Ma’am….are you good with it? If not we can cancel” my assistant really knows me for she can feel my hesitation even over the phone.

I stayed silent for a while. I’m trying to think well but I can’t even get anything good out of my mind.

“We’ll do it!” I snapped.

At this point I nearly slapped myself so hard in the face because I made a decision that I’m not really sure I can handle.

“I’m going crazy! Seriously!” I exclaimed over the phone.

Karla laughed “Oh my gosh Rae! Not even in my wildest dreams have I imagined you like this…I mean…you’re going nuts just because the company where Jiyong is under wants your service….what’s the matter with that? Why is it a big deal to you?”

Her questions made me think (AGAIN). I found myself zoned out while digging deep in my brain at least one good reason as to why this soon-to-be-commitment is a big deal to me.

“OK” I took a deep breath then exhaled heavily “This job isn’t directly working for Ji

Please log in to read the full chapter