12.

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME.....NOT
Please log in to read the full chapter

There will come a time that the universe will take from you someone who is really important.

Each one of us has special people in our lives that we can’t let go and live without. I, as a part of this human race also have people who I treasure the most. In fact, I’ve got lots, but there are only a few who I really can’t live without and just by thinking that one day, they’ll be gone is already killing me.

Rae is one of those “few”. What we have is something that can’t be replaced by anyone. I may have friends who I’m really close with as of the moment, but our bond is on a different level. There’s something about our relationship that only I can have with her. With this in mind, I’m starting to fear. What if one day, she’ll just wake up realizing that she’s done with me already?

If that happens, I don’t know how to pull myself up for I’m so sure that I’ll fall, face front on the ground in misery.

“I love you Jiyong and I hope you love me as much as I do”

The moment I heard this, my body went cold in a snap. My mind suddenly stopped functioning and my heart just keeps beating so fast that I cannot keep up with it at all.

What is she saying? Where did all of those come from? Is she being serious?

For goodness sake, she’s drunk! How will I be able to grasp all of what she said when I know that the person in front of me is so wasted?

“Rae” TOP hyung faced her to him “I’ll take you home now…you’re talking already” he said.

She chuckled “I am ?” then asked.

Hyung shook his head “No…you’re not...it’s the alcohol that’s making you talk non-sense” he explained.

“I’m not because I’m stupid…admit it Seunghyunie…I’m stupid...all because I fell in love with the wrong person when I should just love you coz you love me so much” she told him.

Hearing this hurt me for reasons I know not.

“Rae…please…come with me now because you’re too worn out and needs to rest badly already” TOP hyung insisted but she’s not listening at all.

Frustrated, he looked at me as if asking for help. To be honest, I’m in need of clearing and some help as well for I really don’t know what’s going on. I’m not sure of this, but I have a strong feeling that TOP hyung knows something about what Rae just confessed to me.

Finally, after almost half an hour convincing Rae to go home, she agreed. Actually, I don’t want her to leave yet for I want to have a talk with her even if she’s badly whacked because I remembered that drunk people are the most honest and maybe from there, I can find some answers to the questions in my head.

“So….Rae…” Siti, the girl that I especially invited for tonight to introduce to Rae, said.

I looked at her, still feeling lost “What about her?” I asked.

“Is she really just a best friend?”

Siti knows about Rae for I keep on telling stories about her, even if I’m not sure if she’s interested at all.

“Well…” I looked at blank space and think for a while.

Is she really just a best friend? I’m going to fool myself if I’ll answer yes for I know so well that I see her more than just a best friend.

“Yes” I lied.

I can see in Siti’s eyes that she’s not buying my answer and is just going with whatever I said.

“Really…then why did she act like that a while ago?” she asked, twisting my mind up once again.

Honestly, I’m not in the right mood to answer questions that I myself don’t know the answer to as well. All I know is that the best friend I have special feelings with, confessed that she loves me and it’s making me totally insane.

I shrugged “I don’t know”

“You know what?” she looked straight into my eyes then gave out a small smile “I saw sincerity in her eyes a while ago”

“I’m also a girl Jiyong…and guys should really know that our hearts can easily give in…especially to our best guy friends…most of us will not even say a word about our feelings and I’m impressed with Rae because she was able to voice her feelings out even if it’s out of consciousness”

I guess having a girl with me right now is a good thing for I will not hear these things from my guy friends because we can never relate to a girl as much as another girl relates to her.

This talk is making me more lost but even with that, I want to continue because I have to understand whatever happened, in a girl’s perspective.

“Truth is…I saw that in her eyes as well but with her sudden burst out…I wasn’t’ able to see through her...I don’t know what to do anymore….I can’t even explain what I’m feeling right now” I told her, making her look at me intently.

I shouldn’t be talking to Siti about this because I’m courting her and my issue with Rae is going to put our budding relationship is going down a notch for she might take her as a threat or a competition.

Brushing my thoughts aside, I forced myself to have fun just for this night not to be spoiled. Siti and I are getting to know each other well. Not to brag but I have a feeling that I have her under my wings already.

“I had fun” she said after I pulled up in front of her house.

I smiled “That’s a relief…I was afraid that what happened a while ago ruined the fun for you”

She caressed my cheek “It didn’t…so don’t worry about anything…well…I’ll be honest with you…”

Why do I have a feeling that what she’s about to say will shock or surprise me?

“I’m a bit threatened by Rae for she has confessed to you and knowing that you’re so close is really worrying me…but…I realized that there’s no reason to feel that way because I can see in you that you’re not going to bend to her...that she’s just a best friend to you”

“Jiyong” she held my hands then looked into my eyes “I know tha

Please log in to read the full chapter