36.

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME.....NOT
Please log in to read the full chapter

Love yourself before anyone else.

What kind of person are you when you’re in love? Are you the kind who spares even a bit of yourself to yourself or are you the one who gives your all and sometimes even more than that? How much can you give and risk for the person you love?

Most of us will deny that when we’re in love we forget ourselves that next thing we know it, we’ve given everything we got to the point that nothing, not even a drop of our being and sanity is left for us. Some of us are afraid that once our “partners” leaves us, we will not have a life anymore, our world will crush and crumble because he/she is all you got, he/she is the only person who can keep you sane and functioning. Not just that, there are some who falls deeper than he/she should, that once things fail, he/she will be in ruins in every angle.

Sad to say, these people don’t love themselves. Well, maybe they do, but it’s not enough because they are letting their broken hearts and other people ruin them when really, there’s no point in being wrecked. If you love yourself more than your relationship and your partner, you will be able to go on with anything, moving forward is not gonna be that hard and you will not going to be so harsh on yourself and to everybody around you.

“He’s the only person who can anchor me”, “She’s my life, “He brings out the best in me”, “She’s the only one who loved me for who I am”, “He knows how to push my buttons, he’s perfect, what we have is perfect, there’s no one like him anymore”, “She changed me, how am I going to find someone like her again?”

These are the usual things we hear from people who just gone into a break-up or even after years of being separated but still hasn’t moved on.  

Once again, they don’t love themselves more than they should. Simply because if you love yourself, you will grieve for a while and start healing right after. After all, who would want to cry and be in pain for so long and stop his/her world just for a person who possibly left you for someone else or who fell out of love with you?

After a break-up, it’s normal to put your life on hold for a few days or weeks max (fine, a month or two max), but after that, the only way to go is forward, don’t you dare to look back anymore.

Why?

Because if you love yourself, you wouldn’t let history repeat itself.

Let’s say, he cheated on you and to top that, he’s a douche since day one. You broke up with him because you can’t stand his being a cheater and totally , so you broke up with him even if your heart is saying “I can still handle a few more hook ups from him and so on and so forth”. The moment things end, you feel light not because a heavy weight is lifted off your shoulders but because the people around you are so happy that finally, their daughter, friend or whoever you may be in their lives, has untangled herself to someone who doesn’t really deserve her. And then one day, he showed up with a sweet smile on his face and pleads for you to come back to him.

If you love yourself, you will slam the door right to his face, shrug off what happened and move on, but if you don’t love yourself enough, you will be touched by his action, be captured by his “puppy eyes”, and make you believe in every word that comes out from his mouth, risking not only your heart but your whole being once again.

You see, you have to learn how to love yourself first before giving your heart to somebody again because in that way, you’ll be able to live happily even if things doesn’t go the way you wanted them to be. And the most important thing is, if you love yourself, you will be able to give sincere and true love to other people as well.

“Hyung! Hyung!” Seungri keeps calling out.

“HYUNG!” he catches up and hold on to my shoulder while panting.

“What?” I asked.

“Have you heard already?”

The moment I heard this, I just rolled my eyes for I know so well what he’s about to say because I’m the first person who knew about it right after it happened.

“Heard what? Jiyong and Rae breaking up?” I said plainly, as if it’s nothing to me.

He gasped in surprise “Oh Hyung! You already know”

I smirked “No I don’t...I just guessed it” I replied sarcastically.

He chuckled “Aigoo…Hyung…they ended way too fast”

This is funny. Why is Seungri affected by Jiyong and Rae’s break-up more than the two?

It’s been days since that happened and I can say that the two are really keeping their cool and pretending they’re fine in front of people.

Jiyong is not saying anything about the break-up, all he does is work, you cannot even tell that he’s going through some tough time right now for everything is normal. Rae on the other hand is the most affected for she’s immobile at times, especially when she’s alone. She locks herself in her room, cry her heart out then zone out for the rest of them time but when she’s at work, she puts on a mask that is so good in hiding her grieving face.

“Oh! Hyung is early” Youngbae said when I walked in the rehearsal studio.

Big Bang is going to perform in Jiyong’s final concert weeks from now that’s why we’re rehearsing. This is the first time that Jiyong and I will be in one room together for ever since

Please log in to read the full chapter