31.

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME.....NOT
Please log in to read the full chapter

Pain of love lasts a lifetime.

Wounds bleed and heal, an aching stomach or head can fade with medicine, but the pain of love will stay in one’s heart forever.

Love isn’t love if it didn’t hurt us even once for the moment we enter its world, pain is going to be a part of everything and it can sometimes be more dominant than happiness.

Getting your heart broken is really the most painful feeling of all, most especially when you’re not ready for it. Sadly, most of us are not prepared, while some thinks that they are though they’re really not. In our minds, the person we’re with is already the one and that they love us so much that they won’t even think of breaking our hearts but unfortunately, things are not the way we think it is which leaves us crying and bleeding till its last drop.

In every fall, we’re expected to stand up again which happens, but there will be times wherein we’re still going to be bugged by the pain of our past heartbreaks even if we thought that we’ve already forgotten it and moved on.

Why is that? Why can’t we just put it behind us? Why isn’t it like a wound that heals as time passes by?

I think the answer to this is because we have given everything for that one person, that when they decided to leave, a deep mark was left in our hearts, a souvenir that will forever remind us of how painful things were. Also, we should blame ourselves for still hurting because we keep on thinking of it, we keep on bringing and digging it up. Easier said than done, but leaving the past completely and not turning back anymore can be the cure of your badly beaten heart.

It’s been a couple hours since Jiyong left and I’m still annoyed with what just happened.

I cannot believe that the trip I’ve planned almost perfectly and looked forward to with excitement has now been ruined.

OK. I’m already there. He doesn’t want this to happen, that if only he has a choice, he won’t leave, but I can’t really just drop the whole thing off for I’m totally disappointed.

I don’t even know why I’m still here.

“Hey” Seunghyun joined me on the couch with his most winning smile.

It made me smirk. He’s too obvious. I can easily tell that he’s enjoying every minute of this and even if it’s worthy of my anger for he knows so well how devastated I am, I chose not to give a damn about it since I’m sure that it’ll burst his bubble.

“I know that I’ve asked this to you for so many times already” he grabbed some nuts in the bowl on the table, ate it then asked while chewing “Are you sure you don’t want to go home yet?”

I sighed and shrugged “To be honest…I really don’t know why we’re still here when our supposed to be “bonding trip” is now ruined”

He sighed then shook his head “It isn’t ruined…look…” he moved closer to me then stared into my eyes “Things may not go the way you wanted them to be…but haven’t you thought that maybe this is really how it should go for in one way or another….we’re growing apart and the gap between us is getting farther…maybe this is God’s way of bringing us closer again”

He has a point. To be honest, I actually thought that he’s not noticing it but ever since Jiyong and I became a couple and things between them got a little intense, I pulled back a little from him and stayed on my man’s side, causing our friendship to suffer.

“So what do you want to do now? We still have three days in this wonderful place” I told him and a sweet smile appeared on his face.

Silence came after that, both of us are thinking of things that we can do.

“Ah!” he snapped, making me jerk in surprise.

“What?” I asked.

He stood up then said “Just relax there…I got this”

The way he said it excited me for some reason. I don’t have to worry about anything he’ll plan on doing for he knows my limitations and the things that I love to do and even the ones that I’m dying to try.

It’s already late in the afternoon and we’re still in my hotel room, doing nothing and just watching a horror movie that is not even scaring the out of me. I’m bored and is only a few notches away from wanting to go home.

“You got this…huh?” I teased.

He chuckled “Aigoo…are you getting bored already?”

Oh please! Isn’t it obvious? I might look like I’m really absorbing the movie when truth is, I’m just staring at the television while thinking of a lot of things.

Well, one of those is still my conversation with Karla this morning. I know that I shouldn’t really give a damn about it because she’s just giving me a warning and is making me aware that unexpected things really happen and that I shouldn’t relax and be too comfortable with the “close to perfect” relationship I have now.

Honestly, all the things that she said make sense for cheating in a relationship, no matter how short or long is inevitable because in one way or another, the people consisting this relationship will get tired and suffocated, making them want to breathe fresh air.

All of a sudden, I’m reminded of Halmeoni. According to her, people cheat not because they don’t love their partners anymore or is bored with the relationship already, it’s all because they are looking for some traits that they thought is in their partners, and that they just woke up one day not satisfied with the person sleeping beside them.

It really is a painful fact, but it happens and all we can do is go with it for we really can’t hold back someone who is struggling for release already.

If there’s one thing that I’m scared in happening, it’s Jiyong cheating on me and I just letting it slip.

 After what happened last night, I really don’t know where I stand anymore. Before, I still put some space between us for I’m not that sure of him yet but now, there’s no space anymore. One more thing is, I gave my whole self to him already, leaving me nothing for myself. This is alarming, I know, for when things go wrong, I’m sure I’ll hurt till I die.

Finally, after hours of just bumming around, Seunghyun took me out already. At first I thought we’re just going to have dinner but he really exerted so much effort on it, making me really happy.

“Wow! These are a lot” I said upon seeing a table full of delicious food.

He laughed so hard, making me look at him curiously.

“What’s funny?” I asked.

I have a strong feeling that I have to do something first just to be able to eat dinner. What that thing is? I really don’t have a clue.

“This isn’t for us Rae” he said and laughed again.

Stop me or else I’m gonna choke this man till his last breath.

Pulling me closer to him, he wrapped his arm around my waist and led me to the hotel restaurant’s kitchen.

“What are we doing here?” I asked curiously.

“We’re going to cook our dinner” he answered, shocking me to the core.

Not that I’m super hungry, but I really am not in the mood to cook.

“WE’RE” I said while pointing at us “Going to cook”

“YOU’RE going to cook” I said while looking at him in disbelief.

“Yeah” he said with a wide smile on his face.

As far as I know, Choi Seunghyun is not into cooking. He’s the worst cook ever. I can still remember the first and the last time he tried making something, he nearly burned down his house. Take note of this, he’s not even cooking some major dish, he’s just frying an egg and a few pieces of bacon. Good thing I was there coz if I’m not, the villa that he worked so hard to get became ash already.

Even if I’m not in the mood, I go with whatever for I realized that this is really going to be fun for I’m sure Seunghyun will regret doing this in the end. His enthusiasm now will turn into annoyance and hopefully not a meltdown later.

“Hi…I’m Chef Montri…I’m going to teach you how to cook and make some of Thailand’s delicious dishes and delicacies”

This is exciting.

“Isn’t it so plain to just cook together?” Seunghyun asked while waiting for the Chef to settle.

Just by looking at his eyes, I already know what he wants to happen.

“Alright! Let’s have a competition…a cook off…is that good with you?” I said confidently.

He smirked “You’re really going for this…huh?

I gave a nod “Of course!”

Seunghyun. Seunghyun. Seunghyun. You don’t know what you’re getting yourself in to. In all fairness to him, I’m impressed because his confidence is really up to the high heavens.

“Ok…deal!” he reached out his hand and I shook it like a man.

“I’ll give you the head Chef while I get his assistant” I patted his shoulder and whispered in his ear “Because I know you badly need someone to help you”

He looked at me in disbelief “Yah! Are you looking down on me?”

I didn’t answer, I just gave out my most beautiful smile.

“Let’s do this!” he shouted, making me and the Chefs laugh.

This man’s confidence is scary for he can really kick my . I

Please log in to read the full chapter