65.

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME.....NOT
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 “Aigoo Hyung” Jiyong said upon seeing me looking at wedding rings on the internet.

I sighed then leaned back “I want to buy Rae and I…wedding rings”

He wheeled his swivel chair to my side and looked at the screen “But I thought you two have agreed to not have a ring anymore since it’s just a traditional thing and doesn’t really matter at all”

I don’t know what I was thinking when I agreed with my wife when she said that a grand wedding with her wearing a beautiful gown and with people close to us witnessing our exchange of vows and being so traditional with all the things that a typical wedding has doesn’t really play a big role in a marriage for they will just cost us a lot and will eat a lot of our time. It’s not that she’s against or doesn’t want a big wedding, I think her being so simple and laid back is the reason as to why being married in a small chapel with only four witnesses and without a ring to symbolize our union is all good to her.

“Yes…we have an agreement but…I feel like something’s missing in our marriage…get me? I’m already there….we had a ceremony…we have legal papers in hand making our marriage legitimate but a part of me wants to give her the wedding that she deserves...especially when I know that she has this dream wedding in mind ever since she was young” I told him and sighed heavily in frustration.

“Yeah…I remember that” he said and I tried recalling it in mind.

About ten to twelve yeas ago, Jiyong, Rae and I randomly talked about marriage and what we want our future family to be like. Of course as guys, Jiyong and I don’t have that fairytale-like picture of our weddings for all we want is to be married with the woman we love and be happy with her, while hers is really dreamy.

Ever since Rae was young she’s been told and taught things about Love by her grandmother, the exact way that she’s doing with Katy now. According to her the old woman shared everything that’s good when it comes to love and falling in love, making her believe and hope that one day her Prince Charming will do the things that were told to her including kneeling on one knee while showing her a small box with a shiny ring in it and after that, they’ll plan their wedding in the most intricate way. I can even remember her telling us that she wants her bridal gown to be very big, balloon-like that instead of the color white she wants it Ivory. Also, she wanted her groom to look like the most handsome man in the whole wide world with his Prince Charming-like suit and brushed up hair. She wants the ceremony to be held in the most beautiful wedding hall Korea ever have with hundreds of people watching as she walks down the aisle and as she and her groom exchange vows, a choir with angel voices hums the sweetest and most romantic song ever produced.

I must say, during that time I find her totally crazy coz it’s my first encounter with a person who has planned one of the biggest days of her life in the most fantastical way – Disney-like in short. Knowing that, I just want to have our wedding on repeat for if I have the chance, I will not bring her to a small chapel for I’ll make her dream wedding come true and even top it if I can.

“Do you think I can convince her to have another wedding?” I asked Jiyong curiously.

He stopped biting his nail and smirked “Hyung…Rae has changed a lot but trust me…the little dreamy girl is still somewhere in her…I’m sure you’ll be able to convince her or if you want…I’ll also try…thing is…it’s going to be a little complicated and annoying”

This is going to be a tough challenge not only for me but for Jiyong as well coz knowing Rae, even if she loves me so much, I’m sure that she will not bend no matter how I try to talk her out of it, even if I end up begging. Oh well, I guess this is the perks of marrying a tough and stubborn woman.

“Isn’t your magazine interview today?” Jiyong who is so absorbed in our newly recorded song asked all of a sudden.

I looked at my watch that reads exactly 5 in the afternoon then stood up right away.

“!” I grabbed my bag on the couch behind me, checked my phone for any messages from Rae – there’s none – then turned to look at Jiyong who is watching me panic while he’s sitting comfortably “I’m running late” I said.

He chuckled “Aigoo Hyung…this is what I mean when I say that we shouldn’t handle our scheduls by ourselves without any help from our managers”

Five months ago, I talked with Hyun suk Hyung if it’s possible to handle my own schedule and not have any of our long time managers with every where I go. I’m not rebelling or something, I just want to try if I can manage on my own with only a little help for I’m not a newbie in this industry anymore who needs supervision almost all the time. I want to be like Se7en Hyung who is being a manager to himself once in a while for he always tells us that he feels so free by doing so.

Rushing to make it to my appointment with the magazine staffs that I promised to give a full detail of my relationship with Rae, how it bloomed to the countless challenges we have to face up till the day of the proposal and wedding. She knows about this and it’s not only her who is anticipating but along hundreds or even thousands of people.

“I’m really sorry for being late” I said the moment I walked in the editor in chief’s office.

We made an agreement that I will not grace as a cover boy for their magazine but will only have a page or two with the interview and a few recent pictures of me and Rae in it. This is a hot scoop according to the magazine people but I don’t want to make it as big as they’re expecting it to be to not stun my wife with the crazy attention that she’ll surely get once this is released.

Usual questions were asked first; “How you’ve been?” What’s keeping you busy? Is there another film or maybe an album to anticipate from you this year?” and answered all of it but didn’t break the news that Jiyong, Youngbae and I have formed a sub-unit and will release a full-length album by the end of the year coz I’m not in the position to talk about yet.

*The only thing that was said about your wife is that she’s a long-time friend of yours and that you met in YG when you’re still a trainee. Is she a trainee like you and if she is, is there a possibility that she’s in the music industry as well or one of the female artists of YG?*

I knew from the very beginning some will think that I married a member from 2ne1 that actually came out as a rumor right after my announcement of marriage.

“She was once a trainee in YG...she came a year or two after me while Big Bang is still being molded to be a group...unfortunately…things didn’t go right for her that caused her to quit” I answered.

*So she’s not a 2ne1 member or any female idol?*

I nod “Yeah…she’s not though I’m pretty sure you heard her name for so many times on television and maybe complimented her once or twice if you happen to dine in her restaurant”

*Enough of the guessing. Can we know who the lucky girl is?*

It made me chuckle. I’m actually having fun making them guess.

“Her name’s Rae Song” I said and they gasp.

*If we’re not mistaken, Ms. Song is a Pastry Chef who is best known for making celebrity cakes and catering big events in the high-end social circle*

I smiled. It really is so good to hear that she hasn’t been forgotten.

“That’s right…my wife is that Chef”

They laughed *Isn’t it a little odd that from music she end up in culinary? I’m sure nobody knows that she’s once being shaped to be an idol or an artist*

“As I’ve said…things didn’t go well as she planned them to be…she’s been through tough times because of it but was able to pull herself up after and excel in culinary which made a big name and a good reputation for her”

*Can’t agree more. I just remembered, she actually said that she’s good friends with you in one of her interviews years ago. Anyway, how and when did your relationship started?*

Because of my promise with Jiyong that I will not dig up our past anymore, I chose not to talk about how I s my way to Rae’s heart and her relationship with him as well for keeping those details are better than the three of us being judged instead of being celebrated.

“I can say that our love story isn’t that magical and lovely at first…we’ve been the best of friends for years and I must admit that I’m the first to develop feelings….it took me years to tell her about it but she didn’t accept me right away for she’s in love with another guy that time and to her…mixing love and friendship is not a good idea so I really have a slim chance…but things happened between her and the guy...and of course as a best friend I need to step up and help her get through the pain which I willingly did and even though it’s a bit shameful to say… I kinda took advantage of it…”

There’s no other way to say it. As much as I want to keep it clean, it won’t go out that way at all for no matter how we turn things around and flip it, I really took advantage and I’ve accepted that with all my heart already.

*You took advantage meaning…*

“I pushe

Please log in to read the full chapter