19.

HE LOVES ME, HE LOVES ME.....NOT
Please log in to read the full chapter

Love like you’ve never been hurt.

Pain is inevitable, we can never run away from it no matter how we try and want to. It’s part of life. Without it, we will not enjoy happiness.

In love, being hurt is natural, a bleeding and broken heart is normal, but amidst all the sleepless-cryin’-your-heart-out-till-your-eyes-pop nights, we still continue to love. We still give it a shot with a new hope that we’ll never bleed, be broken and cry again.

To be honest, I cannot understand us humans at all. Why is it that even if we’ve been hurt and almost shredded into pieces, we still go for it and pretend like nothing happened? Why are there instances wherein when we get hurt, we’ll not even dare to do that certain thing again but when it comes to love, even if it’s so painful we still go for it?

I guess this is really how the world of love works. It cannot be explained but one thing I know is for sure, having somebody to love and knowing that somebody loves you is the best feeling. After all, wounds heal, tears dry up and pain fades away.

“Wait” I stared at him while trying to figure out how he got here.

I looked at the clock that reads 7 in the morning. This is unbelievable. As far as I know, Jiyong is not a morning person that I always as a vampire because he’s so inactive when the sun’s up and super active once it sets.

“Where did you go when you walked out on me last night?” I asked curiously.

He sighed heavily then smiled “I ran out of gas in the middle of the road….I actually thought that I’ll rot there for my phone’s dead and there’s no one around….”

Oh my!

“Good thing…an old man saw me…I don’t know how…but he suddenly popped out and offered help...and because I’m already desperate… I agreed with him…he asked his grandson to go to the nearest but still far gasoline station and buy gas…while we’re waiting…he invited me to his house and we pretty much had a great time”

Is it just me or he turned into this appreciative man all of a sudden? Well, he’s appreciative, especially when it comes to his fans, but this is the first time that he talked about a stranger with a smile that can rip his face in two already. It looks like that old man really knows how to please a dragon.

“That’s…..cool” I said, still curious.

He smiled “It is…and believe it or not…even if I can go home already…I decided to stay for the night with him and his grandson”

Seems like he got attached to this old man.

Honestly, I’m really glad that he was able to experience this because these past few years, he’s always with people in the same level as him who thinks, does and moves the same way as him. This is a refreshment.

“Where is that old man living by the way?” I asked.

“Near here…hmm…about thirty minutes away” he answered.

He didn’t share in detail what he and the old man did but I can tell that whoever that good Samaritan is, he changed Jiyong in one way or another for his aura is not as dark as it was before. It’s like he went into a retreat that completely enlightened and brought him to the right path again.

“When you arrived are my parents still here?” I asked when we walked out of my room.

He shook his head “No…only your Oppa and Halmeoni”

No wonder he was able to get to me without my mother talking to him coz if ever she’s here and Jiyong suddenly shows up and wanting to see me, I’m so sure that she will confront him which is the worst thing that can happen for I don’t want to make our issue a big deal anymore.

“Oppa!” I called my brother who is all set for work already.

He’s obviously teasing me with his smile, making me really uncomfortable because Jiyong chuckled upon seeing it.

I cleared my throat “uhmm…are you going to work now?”

Obviously.

“Yeah” he answered with a nod “Omma is needed at the hotel early....Appa went to the shop early too because of deliveries…Halmeoni is in her favorite spot again…she already had her breakfast…if you two have plans for today…you can leave her at the elders home a few blocks away from here and we’ll just pick her up after work”

Now I’m feeling how things are here. I’m aware that Halmeoni stays in an elders home while everybody’s at work, but it’s just now that I’ve realized, it’s a bit saddening because she’s already in her gray going to dark days and nobody’s there to keep her company most of the time.

I looked at Jiyong who gave me the sweetest smile that I’ve ever seen, then at my brother “I don’t have any plans for today…I’m gonna stay here with Halmeoni”

Oppa looked at Jiyong like he’s telling him something using his eyes.

Is there something I don’t know?

“Are you sure you can take care of her?” Oppa asked.

What’s with this weird question?

Halmeoni is not hard to take care of. Actually, she’s pretty independent for even if she can’t see, she can roam around the house without anyone guiding her. All I have to do is make her something to eat.

“C’mon Oppa…you can trust Halmeoni to me…go to work now” I told him and he left.

Now what? I’m here with Jiyong and Halmeoni not knowing what to do next.

“Are you hungry?” I asked him and don’t need an answer anymore for his tummy growled as if on cue.

It made me laugh, seems like the old man didn’t give him breakfast.

“What do you want to eat?” I asked while looking at the pantry.

One thing that I really love whenever I’m here is the pantry that never runs out of stock. Omma love filling it up even if it’s not yet needed.

“An eggs benedict is fine” he answered, leaving me dumbfounded.

He laughed so hard “What’s with the reaction?”

I rolled my eyes at him “That’s so technical for someone who was awaken so early and is not yet in her right mind”

Seriously, his laughter just made my day. I swear, this is the first time in a long time that I heard him laugh so purely.

And because he’s a guest, I made him what he wanted and gave my all in making one of my most hated breakfast dishes because it’s a lot of work.

“So….what time are you going back to the city?” I asked in the middle of breakfast.

He swallowed his food then shook his head “I’m not going back today”

“What? Are you serious?” I asked in shock.

He gave a nod with a smile plastered on his face “I am”

“But….how about your work? Aren’t you preparing for your comeback?” I asked curiously.

From what I remember, Seunghyun told me that Jiyong is going to be so hectic for the upcoming weeks because he’s going to promote his album soon. Not only that, he still has a couple of concerts to hold by the end of the month.

“Yaaa…why do I feel like you don’t want me here?”

I sighed then chuckled “It’s not that I don’t want you here…it’s just…weird…because you don’t usually stay long here and you’ve got a lot of things to do as well”

To my shock, he touched my hand “I just thought that it’s been a long time since we spent the whole day together with just the two of us….so yeah….I cancelled my appointments and schedules for today to cope up and bond”

Should I slap myself to make sure that I’m not really dreaming?

Here we go again, I’m bending and melting just because of his sweet and nice talking when I’m always told to not fall for every sugar-coated talking that he always use to get me.

“Jiyong…”

I’m about to protest when he interrupted me.

“We will have fun today….I already have a plan and all you need to do is go with it” he said, leaving me with no choice.

“But…I can’t go anywhere coz I’d be taking care of Halmeoni” I told him.

He gave out a smile “Who said that she’s gonna be left behind? We’re tagging her along”

This is crazy. Not in my wildest dreams have I thought that we will do whatever with my grandmother with us.

After breakfast, he left to somewhere and just told me to prepare for our “fun day”. I’m still clueless of what he got in store for us but not nervous at all for I know how he works, he’s really good in surprises and planning that you’ll be amazed for he’s like a woman that is so detailed and prepared when it comes to these things.

“Jiyong is here” Halmeoni said when I went to her at the porch.

I crouched down in front of her then caressed her cheek “Yes Halmeoni….I know”

She held my hand then smiled “I can feel your happiness from here….were you able to talk?”

“Yes…and I’m happy to say that we’re already good again”

“Aigoo Rae…you really love him…huh?” she asked.

I sighed heavily. Why is this question so hard to answer even if I’m sure of my feelings for him? Is it because I’m afraid to admit it to myself already?

“Silence means yes” Halmeoni said and I just stared at her.

“Look” she reached for my face that I moved it closer to her “I know that we always tell you to be aware of Jiyong because he can break you into pieces…but…there’s no need for you to listen to us because you’re already old enough to think and decide for yourself…not only that…you’re smart…and strong...I’m so sure that you will not make any decisions that will make you suffer in the end…and when all else fails…I have no doubt that you can get through it…”

“All I want is for you to be happy and it’s just a great feeling because even though I can’t see you…I can feel how light your mood is right now”

I must admit, my heart is jumping in glee because Jiyong is here and we’re back to being friends again. Truth is, I was wavering a while ago if I should accept him in my life again or not because I really don’t want to hurt no more for it’s too tiring already, but I reminded myself to give second chances, making me change my mind and risk once again.

Thinking of it, there’s no need for me to hide or run away from him because no matter what I do, I’m sure he’ll find me. Not only that, if I’m going to cut connections with him, my friendship with Seunghyun is also going to be affected and he’ll be torn in between us. Of course, I don’t want that to happen for he will just be burdened by it.

“Where are you taking us Jiyong?” Halmeoni asked him while we’re on our way to somewhere I don’t know.

I’m sitting at the back of the car while my grandmother is the one on the passenger seat beside him.

“As much as I want to tell you where we’re going Halmeoni…I’ll keep it for a while coz I want it to be a surprise” he told her, making me more curious.

Daejeon is not that big but there are a lot of good places to go to. I wonder where he’s taking us. I just wish that it’ somewhere fun. Ow one more thing, I do hope that he prepared a good disguise for I don’t want us to be followed by people everywhere while watching our every move.

If there’s one thing that I’m not comfortable is being with Jiyong and Seunghyun in public for it always ends up crazily. Truth is, whenever we go out, it’s either I’ll pretend that I’m not with them or I’d be in disguise like them as well. I can still remember, there was this one time where Seunghyun and I are caught dining in a restaurant by some fans that we just saw pictures of us with the caption “TOP of Big Bang is already dating”. It’s totally nerve-wracking for I feel like my judgment day is already coming coz I might get killed by fans. But then again, their fans are more mellow now and not that scary as well.

“Wow!” my jaw dropped when I stepped out of the car.

I can smell the freshness

Please log in to read the full chapter