Helpers

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

A/N: Omo! After proofreading chapter, I found it to be SOOO LONG AGAIN >.

==============================================

 

Yongguk and Jieun sat by the fireplace with marshmallows on a stick, eating joyfully.

 

"How’s your leg?" He asked her softly. She held on a straight expression again and looked down. "It’s okay… it’s not very sore anymore."

 

She was about to reach for her leg but he set his marshmallow stick on the ground and set one of her leg on his thigh. She was wearing leggings, making it hard for him to see her skin.

 

"Yah…" she silently said as he softly massaged her leg. "My touch will heal it." He said with a smile, making her scoff.

 

"No, it’s going to get worse." She told him. He shook his head and smiled, grabbing her other leg, setting both on his lap. She smiled and grabbed a cooked marshmallow, eating pieces of it. She glanced at him and pursed her lips together.

 

"Were you that worried this morning?" She asked curiously, concentrating on eating her marshmallow. He continued massaging her legs and smiled crookedly.

 

"I was foolish, huh?" He said in a straight tone. She looked up at him with peculiar eyes.

 

"I ran out of my bedroom without a thought that morning." He smiled looking down, slowly rubbing her legs now.

 

"I should’ve dressed in something more suitable, but, I thought I wouldn’t make it in time to see you." He said then his lips and sighed.

 

"There was a lot that I should’ve done before I left but…yes, I was too worried. Nonetheless, I should’ve known that it was a hoax."

 

She looked down speechlessly and finished the marshmallow in .

 

"Sorry…for coming all the way to my house for nothing." She said with her head down. He shrugged and leaned back after finishing the massage. She moved her legs back and sat Indian style on the ground, putting her marshmallow stick down.

 

"No, our parents got what they wanted." He said with a yawn. She smiled sadly and stared at him.

 

"Tired?" She asked with a smile. He looked at her and shrugged while she grabbed a couch pillow from nearby and set it on her thighs.

 

"Here… sleep here." She said, patting the soft pillow with her hand. "No, I might make your legs sorer." He told her. She scoffed and patted the pillow again.

 

"They’re going to be sore anyways because you massaged them already." She told him with a smirk. He glared at her with a grin and quickly turned to lay his head on the pillow, looking up at her. He crossed his arms and ankles with a smile.

 

"What?" She asked nervously, moving a piece of her hair behind her ear. "I’m just glad it was a lie." He said while staring up at the ceiling.

 

"What’s a lie?" She asked curiously, completely forgetting about what happened that morning. "The car accident." He said after a long sigh.

 

She gradually nodded, remembering it now and glanced down at him. She looked away when she caught his eyes piercing through hers.

 

"Come here." He said with his arms tightly crossed.

 

"What?" She asked with wide eyes. "I’m already right here." She said with a nervous chuckle.

 

"No." He said with a wave of his finger. "Come closer here."

 

She stared at him in confusion and leaned down a little, gulping loudly. She stopped half way nervously, staring closely into his eyes now while he lay still on her lap, with an amused smile on his face.

 

She looked his face over timidly with her heart propelling out of her chest. He took one huge breath and smiled at the thought of having her so close.

 

"I love you." He said quickly, almost too fast for her to hear properly.

 

By the time she could process what he had said, Yongguk slowly lifted his head off of the pillow on her lap and pressed their lips together softly.

 

Time held as Jieun tried breathing and slowly closed her eyes, pressing down on his lips so he could lay his head back on the pillow comfortably.

 

This feeling..... this feeling that could never get old. This sensation in their hearts that they couldn't grasp for themselves until now.

 

This feeling was what they've been waiting for their lives.... this feeling of love.

 

He nibbled on her bottom lip softly and in return she nibbled on his top lip smoothly. He felt like his heart was going to jump off of his chest. She did too, he knew.

 

Jieun placed her hand on his chest and kissed him deeper, giving him all of her love. She didn’t want to hide it anymore. Well, she hasn’t been hiding anything.

 

Yongguk cupped the side of her face with his hand and continued to nibble on her lips, savoring her lips in his.

 

She felt him smiling while they shared their first kisses as she beamed a smile.

 

He rubbed her cheek gently and gently bit her lips gently, earning a slight chuckle from her. She kissed him back and he moved his head up to kiss her more.

 

She lifted her head up and stared at him oddly when she realized that he wasn’t only smiling now. He was somewhat laughing.

 

 

"What’re you laughing about?" She asked with an unsure chuckle. He looked up at her and held her hand that was resting on his chest with a smile.

 

"Remember that time when you tried to kiss me while I was asleep?" He asked with a chuckle as her eyes widened in guilt.

 

"What?! I NEVER did!" She yelled and moved her hand away from his, crossing her arms tightly and sitting up tall while he lay on the pillow in her lap.

 

"Liar! I was ACTING like I was asleep and smelled your face so close to mine." He said with a chuckle and crossed his arms across his chest with a ray of smile. She scoffed at him and forcefully pushed his head away from her lap, making him roll away, and stand up.

 

"Hey! You acting like that just prove that I was right!" He yelled after her as she glanced back at him with a smirk.

 

========================================================

 

Later on in the evening, there was nothing to do, so Jieun went to lay on the bed Yongguk told her to go sleep at if she was tired.

 

She looked away and laid on her side and smiled when Yongguk walked in and laid beside her on the bed, making them face each other.

 

She chuckled and he smiled, scooting closer to her.

 

"I'm cold..." he told her. She laughed and scooted closer to him, placing herself in his chest while he closed his eyes and held her, kissing her temple.

 

He backed away and looked at all her beautiful features and blinked, looking into her eyes again. Jieun was staring into his eyes with slight confusion but at the same time happiness.

 

There was no feeling of lust nor hatred. No. None of that. This feeling they both were feeling. It was love. This feeling was love. They both know it clearly now.

 

"I love you... Bang Bbang..." Jieun finally spoke softly, making Yongguk tense up from her words and her breath that brushed against his lips.

 

He looked at her with love and slight shock that she had told him how she felt.

 

"I was the first to say that. I win." Yongguk told her with a smirk. She chuckled a little and kept her eyes on him. She never wanted to leave his sight. Never.

 

"I guess I'll give you props to that..." she told him with a slight chuckle.

 

"What props? You're supposed to give me more..." he told her. She chuckled and just looked at him again.

 

They both just slept in bed and looked at each other as if time had froze. They never knew things would turn out like this in the beginning. No one knew. But they happened...

 

Jieun leaned her head in and kissed his chin softly. Yongguk closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her firmly. He looked down at her who kissed his chin again and his eyes softened up.

 

She kissed the corner of his lips, and then lastly, pressed her lips against his again. Yongguk cupped her face in his hands and leaned down to kiss her lips, closing his eyes to savor the moment.

 

Jieun smiled through the kiss and closed her eyes, grasping Yongguk's shirt in her hand. She tilted her head up and kissed him back warmly.

 

Yongguk backed away slowly and looked into her still-closed eyes. He kissed her forehead then kissed her eyelids while she chuckled and kept her eyes closed.

 

Yongguk smiled and kissed the tip of her nose, and last but not least, he kissed her lips again. Those lips that kissed him back not because of force or hatred or lust, but because of love.

 

Jieun nibbled on his lower lip slowly until Yongguk bit her top lip gently and playfully, causing them to both chuckle a little.

 

He kissed her lips tenderly again and rubbed her hip with his thumb while her hand roamed from his chest to his neck. He shivered from her touch but just continued kissing her.

 

Yongguk backed away again and pressed his right cheek on top of her right cheek also. He looked down and sighed with his eyes closed.

 

Jieun lifted her head up and cuddled in his arms, gently planting a kiss on his neck. She closed her eyes and placed her head on his chest.

 

=================================================================

 

Yongguk's mother and father were in the kitchen eating their dinner until a knock came at the door. She slowly walked to open the door and smiled when she saw Daehyun, Himchan and Jongup.

 

"Hi aunt, we’re just here to bring Yongguk some food." Jongup said with a smile. She nodded and sighed in devastation.

 

"It’s nice to know he has such nice friends like you guys." She allowed them to enter as Himchan and Daehyun sighed deeply.

 

"Sorry that he’s ignoring you guys like this." Himchan said with a sad expression.

 

"But don’t worry, time will heal." Daehyun finished then they headed upstairs with a smile after greeting Yongguk's father politely.

 

============================================

 

Jieun's mother was on the phone with Hyosung while sitting on the couch in agony.

 

"Is Jieun feeling a little better?" Her mother asked. "Yes, don’t worry about her. She’s just feeling a little upset as to what happened earlier." Hyosung lied, trying to comfort her.

 

"I know we went too far earlier so I don’t blame her for being so upset." She answered with her head down.

 

"Yes, don’t worry too much about it aunt so you won’t be sick. This is just a phase. They’ll get over it eventually."

 

 

Gikwang opened Hyosung's front door with his own keys and walked in when she was saying bye to Jieun's mother. He set some food that he bought on the kitchen table and waited for her while getting a drink of water.

 

Hyosung finally hung up and set her phone on the counter.

 

"I feel horrible." She said while covering her forehead in shame. He smiled and set his cup down, rubbing her back.

 

"It’s okay…we’re just helping them out." He said while taking the cooked food that he bought out.

 

"I just hate lying to them. Jieun's parents are just too kind." She said with a sad look. Gikwang chuckled and shook his head.

 

"Have you heard about what’s happening at Yongguk's house?" He asked through a silent laugh. Hyosung looked at him oddly and shook her head.

 

========================================================

 

Himchan lay on Yongguk's huge bed with his body spread all over the bed, his mouth wide open.

 

"Hey Jongup-ah! Hurry and throw a grape in my mouth! Daehyun-ah! Read me a bedtime story!" He yelled silently.

 

Jongup clicked his tongue in frustration and grabbed a small grape in his hand, aiming it at his opened mouth while Daehyun ignored him.

 

Jongup hit Himchan's forehead and laughed annoyingly while Himchan sat up quickly.

 

"Hey!"

 

"Shut up! Why’re you being so loud?!" Daehyun spoke in a whisper and looked at the door. Himchan rubbed his head and ate some pieces of meat beside the bed next to him. Jongup chuckled and set the food down then stood up.

 

"Can’t we leave now? It’s been at least 15 minutes already." He whined. Himchan looked at the time and rolled out of Yongguk's bed.

 

"No, Yongguk hyung said to stay for at least 30 minutes. We have to cover for him." Himchan said then walked over to Yongguk's book shelf and looked through them.

 

"Fine, tomorrow youguys can come on your own and ‘bring Yongguk breakfast’ then." Jongup said in annoyance and ate a grape annoyingly.

 

"What do we even get out of this?" Daehyun added in frustration. "We get the opportunity of helping a great friend. Must we always get something out of the things we do?" Himchan said cleverly, looking through a book.

 

"Hey…I’m just saying that eating in Yongguk's room is a bit…unpleasant." Daehyun said with a click of his tongue, glancing at Jongup.

 

Jongup widened his eyes and coughed, placing the grapes to the side and looking elsewhere.

 

"Let’s just tell his parents that he’ll be hanging out with us for a couple of weeks. That’s what Jieun's said to her parents." Jongup suggested.

 

"Yes, but they’re going to have to SEE Yongguk step out of his room in order for us to say that." Daehyun told him. Jongup sighed in irritation and ate another grape.

 

"Fine, then let’s just stay here till his parents sleep and then we’ll just call his parents tomorrow morning and tell them that he came with us."

 

 

 

Himchan and Daehyun slept on Yongguk's bed, snoring loudly until they felt a sharp slap hit them across the side of their head.

 

"Wake up!" Jongup yelled loudly. Himchan and Daehyun sat up from the instant slap immediately.

 

Their eyes were half open and their hands were covering the side of their head with pain. They winced and rubbed their eyes in annoyance.

 

"What the hell Jongup?!" Himchan yelled loudly when Jongup clicked his tongue at him.

 

"Freaken Jongup! Don't be hitting your hyung's head!" Daehyun shoulted.

 

"Sorry!!! But did you guys forget what we’re supposed to do?" Jongup asked in irritation. Himchan slowly looked around the room and remembered that they were in Yongguk's room.

 

"Yes…sorry we were just..." Himchan stared at Jongup with unbelievable eyes while Daehyun got up carelessly with a yawn.

 

"NEVER slap a person when they’re sleeping! Especially when it's KIM. HIM. CHAN.! I have to take care of my beautiful face... unlike you!" He yelled in a whisper pointing threateningly at Jongup who ignored him and quickly gathered their stuff and food.

 

"Hurry and let’s go." Jongup said.

 

"Hey…won’t aunt and uncle suspect something?" Daehyun asked oddly while Jongup handed some of the baggage to him.

 

"No, I did all the work while YOU were sleeping." Jongup said with a glare at him.

 

"I told aunt that Yongguk will go sleep over at my place since you two were coming over too. I assured her that we’ll probably go late like this because Yongguk hyung cares about his looks too much to be seen in public in a sickly state." He said with a clever chuckle.

 

Himchan and Daehyun scoffed with a silent laugh knowing that that would’ve been Yongguk's excuse as well.

 

"And she was okay with it?" Himchan asked unbelievably. Jongup nodded and headed towards Yongguk's bedroom door.

 

"Yes, they just said for us to remember to lock the door."

 

=============================================================

 

Jieun stood on the front porch dressed in sweats and her warm slippers, watching the snow fall softly on the roof of the cabin and ground.

 

"Beautiful isn’t it?" Yongguk asked, walking up behind her with a smile. He was dressed in his sweats and a t-shirt without a coat. She turned around and her eyes widened immediately.

 

"Yah! Wear a coat! Aren’t you cold?!" She yelled, pushing him back into the cabin. He stumbled and stood his ground with a chuckle. He turned her body around so that her back was to him.

 

"No." He said with a smile and slowly wrapped his arms around her tiny belly.

 

"Standing like this... I’m positive that I’ll be warm in seconds." He said with a short chuckle. She smiled and brought her hands down to cover his while he laid his chin on her shoulder, watching the scene with her.

 

"How long are we staying here?" She asked curiously, rubbing his cold arms back and forth.

 

"I’d rather not say." He said with a deep inhalation and looked up to the sky, reaching his hand out to catch a flake of snow.

 

"Why? What’re you planning?" Jieun asked. He glanced at her after softly letting the snowflake in his hand fly away into the slight breeze.

 

"I always spend my birthdays here, so I thought that, for a change, you can join me this year since we have the same birthday anyways." He said in a hopeful tone. She turned around immediately to face him and taking a step back.

 

"Our birthday?" She asked in a stunned tone. He released her and rubbed his neck with a light nod.

 

"Our birthday is not till another 1 and a half month, Yongguk." She said with a nervous chuckle while he shrugged.

 

"So what?" He asked carelessly with a quick shrug, walking towards a pile of snow nearby and bending down to pile them in his palm.

 

"Well, I don’t think it’d look very good if we were to hide from our parents for almost 2 months." She told him. Yongguk clicked his tongue and looked down. "They won’t find out-"

 

"You never know." She said with worried eyes, her arms by her side. He threw the snowball he created into thin air, hitting a tree as he brushed his hands together and sighed.

 

"Fine, since you’re so afraid, why don’t we drag our friends into this too then?" Yongguk asked. "What? And make them involved in this?" Jieun asked with a scoff while he chuckled amusingly.

 

"Hey, did you forget? They already ARE a part of this." He said carelessly and took his phone out in annoyance. Jieun bit her fingernails, realizing that he was, in fact, correct.

 

"I know…but-"

"Hello? Himchan?" Yongguk spoke while he held his phone by his ear already. She stared at him with an unsure look and crossed her arms, listening to his conversation.

 

"You guys want to head over?" He said then chuckled at Himchan's response and looked down.

 

"Just pack your bags and get here with Jongup and Daehyun. I’ll explain when you guys get here." He said quickly and hung up. Jieun stared at him with wide eyes.

 

"Hey…you’re being serious?" She asked. "About what?" He asked as if he didn’t know what she was talking about.

 

"Staying here till our birthday? Our parents will be worried." She said in concern while he scoffed and walked back into the cabin.

 

"I BET you that our parents didn’t even have a second thought about how we’d feel when they planned their lies the other day." He said in a sharp tone, making her look down quickly.

 

"Plus, it’s not like we’re thinking about departing. So even if they find out or not, they’ll be happy that we’re together at least."

 

 

Jieun sat in her own separate room in the cabin and sighed deeply, playing with her blanket.

 

"He wants us to stay here till our birthday." She whined. "What?! That’s still a while away." Hyosung said in confusion.

 

"I know, that’s what I told him, but…he really wants to get our parents back." Jieun said. "If you really DO want me and Gikwang to come then we’ll be more than glad to." Hyosung said while Jieun sighed.

 

"Of course I want you guys to come. Just be sure to bring enough things that’ll last almost 2 months." Jieun said. "Okay." Hyosung said cheerfully.

 

A/N: Okay, so I know that there should at least be only some Bangsong left...

Also, the ending SHOULD be here already... but I want to prolong this for just a while...

Just a teeny bit more... keke... so I hope it's okay with youguys...

I mean, the longer, the better, right?? >.< But more Bangsong later!!!!!

Please leave feedbacks and let me know how it's going otay?? Saranghae yerobun!!! <3