Fun Day

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Jieun slept soundly, pulling her hood low over her eyes to keep the warmth until her mother’s voice loudly screamed from outside of her tent.

“Song Jieun! Wake up!” She screamed loudly, making Jieun shake and sit up in her sleep with her eyes wide opened.

“Jieun darling!” She screamed once more, ping the tent door.

“MOM!!” Jieun yelled loudly stepping out of the tent even before the door was fully zipped. “Why’re you waking me up so early in the morning-“

She stopped speaking when she realized her parents, along with Yongguk's parents standing in front of her tent with a smile on their face.

“Hurry and go get ready Jieun, we’re just waiting for you.” Her mother said with a smile on her face. “Oh…okay I-I-I’ll get ready.” She said with a stutter and nervous look on her face.

She looked towards the lake and realized Yongguk standing with crossed arms, staring at the lake in relaxation.

His fishing pole was set on the ground and he had on a huge jacket with a beanie. He turned to stare at Jieun, making her eyes turned into an angry glare.

 

Yongguk's father led the way while everyone else followed behind.

Jieun and Yongguk were the very last two followers who slowly caught up.

 

“I know where the greatest fishing spot is.” Yongguk's father said with a chuckle while Mrs. Bang glanced at everyone with a nod.

“And we always get the best fishing spot.” Mrs. Bang said with a proud smile, patting her husband on the back.

“You and dad came camping here before?!” Yongguk yelled from behind, making Jieun cover her ears. “YAH!” She whispered loudly in anger, glowering at him. He chuckled and shrugged.

 

“Yes. Your father and I camped here as kids when we were your age.” His father said with a chuckle. “Why haven’t you taken me at all?” He asked peculiarly while his father glanced at Jieun's dad with confusion.

“Well, you’re here now.” Jieun's father said with a chuckle, answering Yongguk's question for Mr. Bang. “That’s all that matters.” He added while Yongguk nodded and smiled.

“Too bad someone doesn’t want you here.” Jieun said looking up to the sky and pouting her lips. “Same here too.” Yongguk said with a scoff.

He started whistling loudly to himself, making Jieun quickly turned around.

“Can you please…stop.” She demanded with her eyes shut tight in annoyance. “It really hurts my head.” She added in irritation.

“Oh! Really? This must be perfect then? Consider this as me getting you back for causing my sickness yesterday.” He said with a chuckle then continued whistling.

He walked ahead of Jieun proudly until she realized their parents were further away already.

“I’m sure this torture is worse than your pathetic sickness. By the way, you seem fine now so you shouldn’t worry about it.” She said with a sarcastic smile and tried pushing him aside to walk ahead. Yongguk stayed put without movement and looked up to the sky.

“It’s too bad this path is so tiny.” He said looking around, faking the sympathetic tone in his voice.

“I guess you’ll have to walk behind me.” He said with a smirk and continued walking.

“Hey! I was walking in front of you first! We need to stay in-“

“Oh! And watch for these vines.” He added while lifting his foot off the path for a split second, but Jieun was blabbering too much, she didn't hearing a word he was saying.

“I need to go first because you’re too slow and we’re going to lose our parents---AHHHHH!!!” She screamed, falling to the ground slowly when her foot got caught in the vines.

Yongguk quickly turned around and caught her arm, gripping his hands tight on her to keep her from falling.

Her right palm was already faced down on the ground and one of her knees were bent on the dirty ground. She gently looked up at him who narrowed his eyes at her, gently helping her up.

“I already warned you about the VINES!!!” He screamed in bothersome, pulling her up. He stared at her and took a deep breath before letting her wrist go lose.

He looked down at her ankle, where the vines were knotted on her ankle and shook his head.

“I’m sure you can untie that on your own.” He said while walking ahead. She stared at him with confusion in her eyes and remained still.

Yongguk walked a couple feet away and then slowly turned back around to face her.

“What are you still doing?!” He asked, tightening his hands on his fishing pole.

“My-my-my fishing pole is down there Bang Yongguk.” She said turning her stare towards a bundle of bushes down below. “So?! It’s just a fishing pole! Hurry! We already lost our parents!” He yelled walking towards her.

“But my dad ordered that fishing pole from France!” She yelled loudly with the vines still knotted in her ankles.

Yongguk took a deep breath then reached her and slowly set his fishing pole on the ground. He knelt down to untie the vines on her ankles quickly.

“You can use my fishing pole.” He said grunting. “It’s not like I was going to fish anyways.” He added while he finished untying the vines.

“But your fishing pole is grey! I want my purple one.” She whined with a sad face. Yongguk stood up after throwing the vines aside and glared at her.

“Song Cheon-cheon,” Yongguk said. “Stop calling me that! It annoys me! Stop it right now!” She yelled at him. “No, I like calling you that because you act like one.” He said.

“Then it’s alright for me to call you Bang bbang too.” She said with her head up high. Yongguk scrunched up his face and looked at her confused.

“Bang... mwo???” He asked. “Bang bbang! Get me my purple fishing pole!” She said. Yongguk chuckled and scoffed at her nickname for him.

“Does color really matter right now?” He asked in irritation. “No! But MY purple fishing pole that my dad ordered from France does!” She screamed loudly, making the birds caw from a distance and echoing.

 

 

Yongguk's father raised his fishing pole in his hand and the bucket in his other hand in the air.

“And this is the place!” He yelled with excitement in his voice and happiness on his face.

“This is beautiful!” Jieun's mother yelled, astounded with excitement. “Of course. It’s still the same as before.” Yongguk's mother said chuckling, staring at her husband. He chuckled and threw an arm over her shoulder.

“This place never changes.” Yongguk's mother said with a smile. “It’s been over 10 years at least, and this place still looks the same.” She added with a chuckle.

“We should’ve camped here instead.” Jieun's father said with a chuckle.

“Where’s Jieun and Yongguk?” Jieun's mother asked, finally looking behind them and realizing they weren’t there.

 

 

Yongguk took another step on the ground, further from the path, filled with vines and all sorts of plants. He had a sour look on his face but neared Jieun's fishing pole within minutes.

“Explain to me why I agreed to get your stupid fishing pole for you again?!!” He yelled, keeping his head down low in case he tripped over something he didn’t see.

“Because you made me lose grip of my fishing pole! And if you get it to me, I’ll stop calling you Bbang-bbang.” She yelled loudly with wondering eyes.

Yongguk quickly turned back around and lost his balance, catching himself on the ground with his palms facing the dirty and vine-filled ground. His eyes widened and angered.

“How is losing your grip on your stupid fishing pole MY fault?!” He yelled keeping his stance on the ground. “Well…. you—what’re you doing Yongguk?” Jieun asked with a confused look on her face.

“Why’re you posing like that?” She asked oddly. He was in a frog position with his focus on his hands.

“Hey Bang Yongguk!” She yelled once more then took one step. “STOP!!” He yelled glaring at her. She stared at him in fear, hearing anger in his tone.

“I-I-I’m sorry Bang Yongguk.” She said silently backing up, standing on the trail again. “It’s just that I-“

“Song Jieun, you remember nature class right?” He asked staring at her with almost a serious and fearful look on her face. She nodded quickly and shrugged. “Yes! Why?” She asked peculiarly.

“How many leaves does poison ivy have?” He asked slowly. Jieun kept her stare on him and gradually held up 3 shaky fingers.

 

Jieun's father threw his fishing pole in the water and chuckled.

“It’s okay! Let’s enjoy! They’ll eventually find their way here. Plus… it's the only that path gets to here. It shouldn’t be hard to follow.” He added.

Yongguk's father nodded and shrugged, throwing his fishing hook in the water. Their wives just sighed with unsure tones, but sat down in their seats.

 

“If I DIE…YOU’RE NEXT!!” Yongguk yelled walking behind Jieun, making sure she doesn’t cause any more problems for them. He forcefully pushed her forward when she stopped walking.

“Hurry! Before we-“

“If you’re already dead… how can you still kill me?” She asked in confusion while looking up to the tall trees. Yongguk pushed her angrilly with frustration. She chuckled and walked quickly ahead, glancing at her bruised up ankle.

“It’s just a question!” She said through a chuckle while he kept his angry glare on her back. “Ask any more questions and I’ll break your ‘worthy’ fishing pole in half!” He screamed in annoyance.

She gave him an angry glance and turned back quickly so he wouldn’t see her face. He clicked his tongue at her as she walked ahead, keeping her grip tight on her fishing pole.

 

 

The birds chirped from above the trees while Jieun's and Yongguk's parents fished happily.

“Where are the kids? It’s been a while already.” Jieun mother said worriedly, looking behind her shoulder back at the trail. There was a sound on sticks cracking as Jieun's mother chuckled.

“Oh! That’s probably them.” She said with a smile, focusing on the hook she was trying to throw in the water.

 

“Honey…who is that?” Yongguk's mother asked tapping her husband’s back in panic.

There was a couple walking hand-in-hand with a daughter around the age of 3 with them. Yongguk's father looked at them and shrugged.

“They’re probably just campers walking by.” He assured with safety while Jieun's father agreed.

 

“Hello!” The man yelled walking towards them. He and his wife were around their late 20’s and young looking.

“Hello.” Mr. Bang said walking towards them while Mr. Song greeted them and followed.

“Hello. How can we help you?” Mr. Song asked peculiarly. “Oh…this is our first family camping trip and we’re just looking for best sites to camp at.” He said with a smile looking around the area and the lake.

“Is this place…taken?” He asked while his wife smiled. Mr. Song and Mr. Bang glanced at each other and chuckled. “No. We’re just here to fish for a while. We already have a camp site a couple miles back where you guys came from actually.” Yongguk's father said with a smile.

“Really? We searched everywhere and all we found were stick-filled grounds that weren’t good to place our tents.” The wife said with a nervous chuckle.

“You know…if you don’t mind, you can camp with us back at the site if you’d like?” Jieun's father said looking at the young couple and then to Yongguk's father who shrugged and nodded.             

“Yes, that’d be great if the 3 of you could join us.” He said with a chuckle. The man looked at his wife and smiled with a nod.

“Sure.” He said with a slight chuckle. “By the way, I’m Kwanghee and this is my wife Han Sunhwa.” He said with a smile.

“And this is our daughter Jun Hee.” He added picking up his daughter from standing beside him. 

“Well, we’re all very pleased to meet you.” Yongguk's father said with a welcoming smile.

“I’m Bang Chun Soo and this is Song Han Soon.” He said with a smile while their wives made their way over. “And this is my wife Bang Da Hae and Mr. Song's wife Hye Ri.” He said with a smile.

 

A/N: I didn’t know what names I should put as their parents, so those are obviously fake names. It’s just for now, so it shouldn’t be a problem… Okay, continue reading!

 

“Well, it’s great to meet you all.” Kwanghee said with a huge smile. “It’s great to have met you here rather some other-“

“HURRY!! It’s already getting dark you IDIOT! Can’t you walk faster?!” Yongguk's voice yelled loudly from the path. “I’m trying my best Bang Yongguk! It’s not my fault that my ankle is bruised up!” She screamed throwing her fist over her head at him, making him flinch.

 

“It’s funny to see couples so young camping out here alone.” Sunhwa said with a chuckle, running her fingers through her baby’s hair. Mr. Song and Mr. Bang coughed with a laugh and looked down.

“Those are actually our kids.” Jieun's father said with a laugh, rubbing his neck.

               

Kwanghee and Sunhwa stood afar from Yongguk and Jieun's family oddly.

“Are you sure we can trust them with Jun Hee?” Sunhwa asked peculiarly. She stared at Yongguk and Jieun who were throwing bits and pieces of rocks at each other.

“They don’t seem like bad people.” Kwanghee said with a chuckle. “They’re just…kind of silly.” He added with a smile.

“I don’t trust my child with silly people, honey. You never know what can happen.” She said with a serious expression on her face.

“Yah, Sunhwa, do you not know who these people are?” He asked with a chuckle, leaning in closer to her. She stared at him oddly and shrugged. “You know them?” She questioned while he stood up tall and chuckled.

“You need to watch the news more!” He whispered with a laugh and nodded. “Yes…that’s Mr. Bang and Mr. Song. They’re tied for the best running company in Korea. If anything happens to our baby, they’d be humiliated!” He whispered and chuckled.

“Nothing can go wrong. I’m sure honey.” He said assuring her. She kept her eyes on his and slightly nodded.

“So…are you saying that…they’re rich?” She questioned, tilting her head a bit with a crack smile.

“Extremely rich.” He said with a chuckle. She kept her smile on her face as he slapped her shoulder and walked by her.

 

A/N: Another update!!! YEEAAAHH!!!!!!!! So much love!! Thank you so much everyone!! XD

Bangsong is awesome, aren't they? Omo... can't get enough... XD

And a new couple in the story!! Sunhee!! Kekeke... they're REALLY MINOR, so they won't be in here much.......

If I have time, I'll probably do a double update today...... YEAH, RIGHT?!!! Kekekek.... but we shall see!!! >:D

Please don't forget to leave feedbacks and let me know how it's going otay??

Until next time, saranghae yerobun!! BBCnTSFAM signing out!! PYONG!!~~~