Gym Jealousy

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Yongguk's father gathered a couple boxes filled with papers of each park as he headed for the door. Yongguk's mother quickly stopped him from leaving.

 

“Wait for the kids to help you honey.” She said with an annoyed look. “Why? They don’t want to help!” He said angrily. She grabbed the boxes and set them back in the kitchen table.

 

“I was shocked as well when I first heard that you were going to critique all 25 parks!” She said while crossing her arms and glaring at him.

 

“Who do you think you are that you can critique all these alone? By the time you’re done I’m sure you’ll only be waiting for your death.” She looked down and waited for him to say something.

 

“I should just call some workers over to deal with this.” He said while taking his phone out. She quickly grabbed his phone and glared at him.

 

“No! Just allow the kids to critique with you!”

 

“Why?!” He asked annoyed. She took a step closer to him and sighed. “You’re the only one that can critique their attitudes when they’re together if they’re with you. Confirm to us if they really are dating.”

 

“This isn’t a time for me to play around!” He said with a scowl. She looked down with a loud sigh.

 

“But…that does sound like a good idea too.” He said while looking up to the ceiling and thinking.

=====================================================

 

Himchan, Daehyun and Jongup stared at Yongguk and Jieun, who were walking into the gym side by side, in shock.

The gym was mostly filled with men as they ogled Jieun's perfect image.

 

“Hello…Jieun.” Himchan said with a shocked expression and a smile. "Hey, hey," Daehyun said with a smile and wave.

 

“What’re you…doing all the way here?” Jongup asked curiously while glancing at Yongguk who ignored their conversation and jumped on the treadmill.

“Ahhh…as the man of this relati-“

“Yah!” Yongguk yelled angrily interrupting Jieun. “If I hear you say that line once again I’ll-“

“Ok! Ok!” Jieun said with a chuckle. She crossed her arms and stared at Yongguk's angry glare at her.

 

“Fine… YOU tell them why I’m here then.” She shrugged and jumped on the treadmill beside him. Himchan and Jongup both faced them with a peculiar look.

 

“Is this a couple’s quarrel?” Jongup asked with a raised eyebrow. Yongguk gave him an evil look as he looked away and started working on the bench press.

 

Himchan worked on his squats as Yongguk glanced over at Jieun who was jogging beautifully. He looked her up and down and then stared behind him and noticed all the eyes that were on her.

He knew that Jieun had an amazing body and this made him angrier that others, besides him, were watching her. He stopped his treadmill and placed his hands on his hips, glaring at her. She glanced at him and widened her eyes.

 

“What?” She asked oddly, slowing the treadmill down. “Tired already?” She teased through a chuckle.

 

“Hey, Song Jieun.” He said with an angry look. She stopped the treadmill and sighed, catching her breath.

 

“Ah wae?!” She asked loudly with sweat dripping down her body already. Yongguk looked around with madness and then quickly took his tank top off and threw it at her.

 

Daehyun, Himchan and Jongup stopped what they were doing and watched silently in awe, knowing exactly what he was doing.

 

 

“Wear this.” He demanded, giving her a stern look. She held his crumpled up tank top in her hands and then looked back at him.

 

“Why?” She asked looking at him confused. Yongguk glared at all the men looking at her then walked towards her.

 

Since she was still on the treadmill, he placed his feet to the side of the moving rubber and glared at her before he grabbed his tank top from her hand powerfully.

He stood in front of her, quickly stuffing his sweat-filled tank top over her head, forcing her hands through. “Hey! Bang Yon-“

 

"All the men in this gym are looking at you.” He said closely by her ears while she froze. She turned to face him with a tilted head and smile, making their faces inches apart.

 

“So what? You know that I like attention.” She said sarcastically. He narrowed his eyes deeper at her.

 

“Jealous?” She asked with an amused expression. “Yes.” He answered quickly and took a step down the treadmill.

 

He glanced at her in anger and then walked towards the door to the gym, carelessly bumping into people without speaking.

She watched in shock at his answer as he left swiftly. His hands were in fists as he walked by all the men in the gym. The women in the gym stared at his perfect abs and body in awe as he walked flawlessly by them.

 

Jieun fixed his loose tank top on her that was now covering her curves and half of her thighs and walked towards Daehyun, Himchan and Jongup, glancing at all the other men.

 

 

“What’s…wrong with him?” Jieun asked silently. “Just hurry and go after him. He always gets jealous quick so don’t play him like this Song Jieun.” Himchan said with a sour look.

 

She looked down in embarrassment at what she had done and quickly jogged out of the gym. There were a couple whistles from the men as she passed, making her skin curl in disgust.

 

“Bang Yongguk!” Jieun yelled loudly as she stepped out of the gym. He was already at the car with his back leaning on the passenger side door while his arms crossed tightly in front of his bare chest.

 

He stared at her while she slowly walked towards him and took his tank top off of her tiny body slowly. A couple more men walked by, staring at her as Yongguk hissed. 

 

“No, keep it on.” He said carelessly and opened the passenger door for her. She slowly tucked her arms back in the sleeveless holes and got in the car.

 

He started the car and they drove in silence as she slowly stole a glance at his face. He seemed a bit calmer now, but the atmosphere wasn’t safe enough for her to speak.

 

 

After a while, he noticed her looking at him as he glanced at her, catching her eyes. She looked away quickly and took his tank top off of her body after a quick hesitation.

 

“Here.” She said while handing his tank top back to him. She kept her head down and rapidly looked up when she heard him sigh.

 

“What? You’re not cold?” She asked with wide eyes. He pouted his lips and shook his head. “No.” He answered shortly. She looked down and folded his tank top in her lap, making sure to crease it properly.

 

“Bang Yongguk.” She said softly with a fearful look. “What?” He asked. She took a deep breath and bit her bottom lip. “Sorry.” She said guiltily.

 

“For what?” He asked. She glared at him and scowled. “For getting you jealous! I didn’t intend to.” He glanced at her and looked down nervously, not wanting her to know he really was jealous.

 

“I wasn’t jealous! I was just…saying that so you’d be quiet.” He tilted his head and rubbed his skin.

 

“Then why’d you give me your tank top?” She asked, leaning into him. He chuckled nervously.

 

“Your fat rolls were jumping while you jogged so I was just trying to save you from embarrassment.” She felt her nose curl back in anger as they finally reached home.

Yongguk laughed hysterically and hit the brakes, getting out of the car after he snatched his tank top from her and slipped it on quickly.

“YAHHHH! BANG BBANG! YOU BELONG IN THE OVEN!!!” She yelled loudly chasing after him.

===================================================================

 

Yongguk and Jieun bumped into his father at the Bang Residence and came to a halt.

 

“Are you two ready to go?” His father asked quickly. “Go? Where-“

“Ok, we’ll go in Yongguk's car.” His father said carelessly, handing Yongguk the huge box filled with papers and Jieun a couple of left over papers.

 

“Uncle! I need to go change first!” Jieun yelled loudly. He ignored her and sat in the passenger seat.

 

“If you were able to wear that in front of a bunch of men then I don’t see why you can’t wear that out at a park.” Yongguk said with a grin, looking her up and down.

 

“Ohhh…so you WERE jealous!” She yelled with a loud laugh following him. He glared at her and quickly sat in the driver’s side.

=======================================================

 

Yongguk stopped the car in front of Golden State Park as they all got out. His father held a couple papers and two name tags in his hands as he handed them both the name tags and papers.

 

“Oh? Where’s your name tag uncle?” Jieun asked curiously. “I didn’t know that you would come so I only had the office make 2 tags.” He told her.

 

“Oh! It’s okay!” She yelled while handing it back to him. “You can-“

“Stop being lazy Jieun.” Yongguk said glaring at her. He sighed and faced his father.

 

“Okay, what’re we supposed to do?”

 

“There’re 5 papers that you both have that contain: critiquing cleanliness, customizations if needed, public personalities, if there are enough for the children to play with, if not, what should be added and last is your own comment of the park.”

Yongguk and Jieun looked at each other with tired eyes.

 

“Why so much?” Yongguk asked while Jieun waited for an answer as well. “The community relies on us to provide them with the best parks for their children. In that case, they depend on us. So, we need to show them that we care.” He said with a nod.

 

“How many are we doing today?” Jieun asked curiously. Yongguk's father looked at the time and chuckled silently.

 

“It’s only 1 pm so you both need to critique at least 5 parks today. I allow you to spend only 2 hours at each park. So you should finish 5 by 10 pm.” He said with a huge smile.

 

“10 pm!” They both yelled loudly in shock. Jieun yawned wildly with a sad expression.

 

“Can I resign dad?” Yongguk asked in irritation. “No! There’s no turning back.” His father said. “Can I-“

“Same goes for you as well.” He continued with a wide smile towards Jieun.

 

“Since there are only 2 badges, I’ll be leaving now.” He took his phone out as Yongguk and Jieun stared at him sadly.

 

“But…we…this isn’t fair dad!” Yongguk yelled loudly while Jieun nodded. “Yes, I agree with Yongguk. We’re tired and-“

“That’s why I said for us to leave this morning. If we did, then as of now, we would’ve almost been finished.” He said carelessly looking at them. He turned away when he spoke on the phone.

 

“Honey? Come pick me up at Golden State Park and let’s have lunch together.” He said with a smile.

 

Yongguk and Jieun looked at him in devastation as he quickly turned back around after hanging up.

 

“Dad…can’t we eat first too?” Yongguk asked in hope. “Yes, I haven’t eaten ever since I came and-“

“You can eat after you finish. Oh right…and please don’t slack off. This is very important and it has to be accurate.” His dad said cutting Jieun off.

 

“Why don’t you do it then?” Yongguk said. Jieun elbowed his arm quickly, making him become silent as his father looked them back and forth.

 

“You’re lucky Jieun is here…or else…” he said with a scowl.

===================================================

 

Yongguk's mother drove excitedly in the car on the way to the park with a couple of food items beside her. She stopped in front of the park and got out with the food in her hands.

 

“Mom!” Yongguk yelled happily walking towards her. Yongguk and Jieun walked side by side while she carried the food with a smile.

“Want to eat now before we start?” She asked while her lips. “Yes, I’m starving.” He said with a chuckle, placing a hand on his stomach.

 

They sat on a bench while Jieun set the food up on the table. She was about to sit across from Yongguk but a few little children ran by and sat on her seat. She pouted and smacked her lips with sadness.

 

“Hurry and sit next to me.” Yongguk said while moving over and patting on the seat next to him. Jieun quickly sat beside him and grabbed her chopsticks with a smile.

 

“Your mom is the best!” Jieun said while stuffing a huge piece of omelet eggs in . He looked at her and smiled while slowly eating a chunk of rice.

He looked ahead and watched a couple walking by hand in hand, laughing to themselves.

 

“Hey Song Jieun.” He said with a straight face, looking at her. She looked up at him with a mouthful and finished what was in when she noticed the seriousness on his face.

“Yes?” She asked oddly. “Let’s be serious for a while.” He set his chopsticks down and took a deep breath. She looked down and slowly nodded.

“I’ll…try….” She said with a nervous chuckle, lingering her voice. He smiled and looked down, rubbing his fingers together.

“Can we… act like girlfriend and boyfriend?” He glanced up at her blank expression. “All we do is argue and I know I have…attraction towards you, but…I want more than that.”

“What…do you want?” She asked slowly with curiosity. He looked up at her with a tensed smile. “I want…to be closer to you…mentally and physically.” He told her.

She looked at him with wide eyes and felt herself warming up. He kept his eyes on her and reached his hand down to hers. She looked down at their hands and tensed her shoulders feeling his touch.

“Let’s try not to argue…for today at least.” He said with a chuckle while she bit her lips and smiled with a short nod.

===========================================================

 

Yongguk's parents arrived home with a smile as his mother looked up dreamily, sitting on the couch.

 

“Did you see how happy they looked just now?” She asked with a wide smile. Her husband nodded and chuckled lightly.

 

“I think it was just because you brought them food.” He said with a laugh while she glared at him and chuckled.

================================================================

 

Hyosung dragged Gikwang with all of her might outside of her home while he held a tired and frustrated look on his face.

 

“Hurry!” She yelled loudly. “Why?!” He screamed in irritation.

 

“Why’re you trying to disrupt their bonding moment?” He asked. Hyosung released him and stood up tall.

 

“Jieun FINALLY has a boyfriend and I’ve always dreamed about going on a double date with my best friend.” She said with pouted lips. “Please! Let’s go!”

 

“Fine.” He said after a deep sigh. Hyosung's face lightened up as he quickly stopped her.

 

“BUT….did you at least call her yet?” He asked in his low voice. She smiled and quickly grabbed her phone with a smile. “I will right now-“

“Hyosung-ah…did you not think about where we’re going to stay while over there?” He asked in frustration. “We’ll just stay in a hotel.” She answered after sending Jieun a quick text.

=========================================

 

Yongguk walked slowly, writing a few things on the papers as he glanced up over to where Jieun was.

She was by the jungle gym, gently scraping the paint on a pole that was peeling off. He chuckled watching her scrunch her face up with the result of the rusty paint while she quickly wrote a few things down.

He sat down on a bench after finishing his critiquing paper and watched her. He slightly tilted his head and crossed his arms.

He watched as Jieun ran her finger through her curled ponytail, trying to make it curl again. He smiled and noticed her pulling her shorts down below her hip to scratch her side. He looked away quickly and smiled.

He took a deep breath and noticed a man by the tree looking at her. He narrowed his eyes and took his phone out swiftly.

 

“Hurry and come over here.”

 

He held his phone tightly in his hand and watched as she took her phone out.

 

Jieun ignored Yongguk's text without reading it and read Hyosung's text first:

 

                “Want to go on a double date?"

 

Jieun smiled and placed a hand on her hips, leaning her back on a pole nearby. Yongguk glared at her angrily, noticing that she was texting someone else.

 

“Already ignoring my text messages, huh?” He said with a smirk. “It hasn’t even been 15 minutes and I’m already getting angry.”

 

“You and Gikwang are coming right now?”

                “Yes! We’ll be there in 30 minutes.”

“Let me talk to Yongguk first.”

 

She quickly jogged towards Yongguk who was already starting to walk towards her.

 

“Hey why didn’t you text me back? Who were you texting? A man?” He questioned rapidly. She glared at him and chuckled silently.

 

“I was texting HYOSUNG UNNIE.” She said while walking ahead and sitting on the bench Yongguk was previously sitting on. He slipped his hand in his pocket and followed her slowly.

 

“Hyosung? Why?” He asked. She looked up at him as he sat down and sighed. “She…wants to go on a double date.” She told him. Yongguk froze in place and blinked slowly, staring at her.

 

“And….what did you say?”

 

She tucked her phone in her short pocket and watched the children swing and play in the jungle gym.

 

“I said I’ll ask you first. Plus, I don’t know if we can go since uncle said we have to critique 5 parks. It’s already almost 2 hours since we’ve been here so we have to get going anyways.” Yongguk stared at her and leaned back on the bench.

 

“Do you…want to go?” He asked curiously. She turned to look at him with a smile and shrugged. “Doesn’t matter. I’m not much into double dating.” She said with a chuckle. Yongguk laughed silently and crossed his arms.

 

“Yes…I know you just want to spend time with me ALONE. I understand.” He said with a huge smile as she glowered at him and gently punched his arm.

 

“No! It’s not like that!” She said with a chuckle and stood up quickly. “I just…” she glanced at him and then turned back to walk towards the car.

 

“Hurry and let’s go! We need to go to the other parks.” She yelled at him. Yongguk stood up and watched her stomp away as he silently chuckled, taking his phone out.

 

“Fine…let’s go on this double date.” He said with a smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Why’re you calling me? The only time you should contact me is if you both finished early.” Yongguk's father said on the other line.

Yongguk had his phone by his ear while he watched Jieun stand against the car, waiting for him to unlock it.

 

“Dad.” Yongguk said with a smile on the phone. “What?!” His father asked loudly.

“Dad, can you find someone else to do this? I know that you’re capable of finding someone else to do it, you just don’t want to.”

“Why? Why should I make someone else do it? You volunteered to do this.” His father answered with a huff. “I know…I know…and now I pay the consequences. But…”

 

“But what?”

 

“Jieun wants to go on a double date today.” Yongguk said with a hopeful look on his face. “We’re going with her friends who are coming down here.”

 

“Oh that’s great! You can ALL critique and finish more than 5 today then-“

“Yongguk?” His mother said stealing the phone from her husband.

 

On the other line Yongguk could hear his father trying to fight for the phone but he chuckled and breathed a sigh of relief that his mother had stolen the phone.

 

“Yongguk-ah! Hurry!” Jieun yelled with all her might, crossing her arms. She watched as he ignored her and spoke on the phone with a huge smile.

 

“Are you guys on your way already?”

                “Yes, we’ll be there in less than 5 minutes. Where are you guys at?”

 

Jieun shut her eyes tight with irritation reading the text.

 

“What’s wrong?” Yongguk asked, walking towards her with his phone in his hand. “Hyosung and Gikwang are already almost here.” She said in devastation. Yongguk grabbed her phone from her and text Hyosung quickly.

 

“Hey!” She yelled, snatching her phone back right when he clicked send. She read the text and narrowed her eyes.

 

“Hurry and come over, we’re at Golden State Park.”

 

“Yah, we can’t go. Your dad is expecting us to finish-“

“I know. My mom is talking him out of it right now.” He said with a smile and opened the car door for her.

 

“Really?” She asked curiously. “Yes. So don’t worry and just get in. We’ll wait for them in the car.”

 

He walked into the driver’s seat and took a deep breath. She sat slowly and shifted on her seat to get more comfortable. He glanced at her and noticed that she looked afraid.

 

“What’s with that look?” Yongguk asked. Jieun slowly looked up at him and then turned her whole body to face him. “I’m afraid your dad is going to scold us.” She said worriedly. He scoffed loudly.

 

“Hey Song Jieun,” he said with a smile. “…I already said don’t worry. Our parents have always dreamed of this day that we’d be willing to go to dates without force and they’re finally getting it. My dad’s not angry. He was just trying to play his part to hide his happiness.”

 

Jieun looked down with a smile and then looked him in the eye.

 

“Okay. But…we’re going to go home to change before we leave right??” She asked with a sour look, pulling her shorts down a little to cover her thighs. He chuckled and looked her up and down.

 

A/N: Ta-DA!!!! A fun double date with Kisung!! XD Hopefully Bangsong will have fun! XD

And this chapter was WAAYYYYY Longer than I expected it to be... so you're welcome!! ^_^

Thanks for all your love and support!! You'll all be blessed!!! XD

Until next time, saranghae yerobun!! BYE YEOM!! PYONG!!~~~~~~~~~~~~