The Man In The Relationship

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

The next morning, Hyosung and Gikwang appeared at Jieun's workplace with a cup of warm coffee on her break.

 

“Oh?! You guys came.” Jieun said with a smile, walking towards them. “Of course! Why wouldn’t we come? You asked us to meet you here.” Hyosung said with a chuckle.

 

“You should’ve seen how excited she was.”

 

Jieun looked down at Hyosung with a chuckle while she elbowed her. Jieun smiled and motioned for them to go sit at a bench in the lounge.

 

 

“But…is there something wrong?” Hyosung asked while staring at Jieun awkwardly.

“I almost forgot what I was going to say.” Jieun said with a nervous laugh.

 

“You guys are my closest and only friends, so I just wanted some input.”

“About what?” Hyosung asked curiously while she and Gikwang leaned in closer towards Jieun. She nervously looked down and held her coffee in her hand.

 

“Would it…look odd if Yongguk and I…dated?” She asked peculiarly with a sour face. Gikwang nearly choked on his drink as he laughed loudly.

“What?! Date?!” He exclaimed loudly. Hyosung quickly elbowed his arm as he glanced at her and then to Jieun.

“Why? Is it strange?” Jieun asked with a worried look. “No, no.” Gikwang said with a bizarre look.

“It’s just that… this whole time I thought you two were already dating.” He added with a chuckle. Jieun looked at him awkwardly and circled her cup with her index finger.

“Ahni.” She said while Gikwang nodded with a chuckle.

 

“Honestly, you both basically are at this point.” Hyosung said with a sigh. “Consider how you are when you’re around him. He’s always protecting and teasing you.”

“As a man, and I’ve been judging, I know that he likes you and it seemed you like him too! That’s why I assumed you two were together already. But, how do you really feel when you’re around him?” Gikwang asked curiously.

Jieun slowly looked down and formed a bubble in . She looked up at them and slowly smiled.

 

“Happy.” She squint her eyes and slowly nodded when a thought came across her mind.

=================================================

 

Yongguk woke up early and headed towards the gym as his father stopped him on the way out the front door.

 

“Where are you going?” Yongguk turned to face him and sighed. “I’m going to the gym for a few hours and then I’ll be back.”

 

“A few hours? Did you forget about our project that we’re starting this morning?” Yongguk looked down and took a deep breath. “No, I’ll be back in an hour then.” His father nodded and headed towards the kitchen.

 

“Hurry back.” His father said with a sigh. Yongguk glanced at him and nodded.

 

 

On his way towards his car, he noticed Jieun's car stop in front of him as his eyes widened in shock.

 

“Song Cheon-cheon?” He said under his breath. She slowly got out of the car and glanced at him oddly while walking towards him.

 

“Hey…what…what’re you doing here?”

“What?” She asked through a quick stuttered. She looked down and silently coughed nervously.

 

“Your…girlfriend…can’t be here?” She asked while crossing her arms.

 

“What?” He squint his eyes at her and slightly slouched his back. She took a step towards him and looked down.

 

“We… aren’t we already dating?” She asked. He widened his eyes and stood up taller, trying to speak but not knowing what to say. Jieun uncrossed her arms and looked at him.

 

“We… text regularly, we’ve lived together alone, slept on the same bed, held hands…aren’t all of these what couples do?”

 

He remained silent and wandered his eyes knowing she was correct.

 

“Well yeah…but how can you-“

“I’m just helping you Bang Yongguk. I know you were finding out ways to ask me to be your girlfriend already.” She smiled at him and noticed his shoulders relax.

 

“But you’re not so bright so I came up with this conclusion instead. Just be thankful that you don’t have to go through the trouble of embarrassing yourself.” She chuckled and stuck her tongue out at him and quickly walked towards his home.

He chuckled watching her and quickly followed behind her with a winning expression.

 

“I knew I could make you visit me first.” He said with squint eyes and a chuckle.

 

The front door opened as his father stared at Jieun and Yongguk back and forth in confusion.

 

“Oh? Song Jieun?” He asked in confusion and then looked at Yongguk. “And you? You’re back from the gym already? It’s only been 5 minutes.”

 

Jieun looked down nervously while Yongguk kept his arms by his side and looked around.

 

“Hello uncle, as the man of the relationship….” Jieun said glancing at Yongguk with amused eyes.

“I decided to take the step and visit Yongguk first. I hope you don’t mind my stay here today.” She told his father. Yongguk shot a glare at her while his father stuttered.

 

 

Yongguk's father rushed into his bedroom to look for his wife while Jieun and Yongguk were in the living room.

 

“Jieun dear is here visiting our YONGGUK!” He yelled loudly but quietly so the lovebirds won’t hear. Yongguk's mother nearly had a heart attack as her eyes widened with shock when Yongguk's father left a creak of the door open so she could see for herself.

 

“Omo! It seems they really are dating!” She said in shock. A smile came across her face as she took her phone out with a clever thought.

 

“What’re you doing?” Yongguk's father asked oddly.

===============================================================

 

Jieun's mother’s phone rang as she received a picture message. Her eyes widened in shock when she opened the picture message.

She rushed towards her husband, sliding on the smooth tile floors in her slippers with her phone in her hand.

 

“No wonder why Jieun left so early this morning!” She yelled through a chuckle while Jieun's father smiled widely with a nod in happiness.

 

It was a photo of Yongguk and Jieun sitting beside each other, fighting over the remote while flipping through the channels.

 

“Should we go over?” Her husband asked with an excited expression. “No! Give them their privacy.” She said happily and tucked her phone in her pocket. She took a deep sigh and looked up with a dreamy expression.

 

“I can’t believe that our dreams are really coming true.”

================================================================

 

Yongguk's father walked towards them in the living room with a smile and 2 sodas in his hand.

They both set the remote control down with scowls at each other and silently cough.

 

“Always fighting even when you’re dating, huh?” He asked with a chuckle while handing them both a drink. Jieun looked down nervously and took the drink.

“Thank you.” She said politely. Yongguk scoffed and grabbed the soda from his father.

 

“Dad, don’t you know the meaning of arguing?” Yongguk asked cleverly while his father sat down and crossed his arms.

“What? That arguing is part of a couple’s everyday life?” His father asked with a knowing look. Yongguk looked down and opened his soda while Jieun glared at him and scoffed.

 

“Am I right?” He asked with a smile. “Yes.” Yongguk pouted his lips and drank quickly from his soda.

 

“Don’t try teaching me what I taught you.” His father said with an irritated look. Yongguk was about to argue back but his father turned his attention to Jieun.

 

“Have you heard about what Yongguk and I are working on today yet?” He asked with a warm smile.

“Mmm, last night Yongguk mentioned a little about it, but he didn’t tell me briefly. What is it?” She asked curiously. Yongguk's father gave him a corner-eyed look.

“I WAS going to tell her but I forgot-“

“Don’t ever rely on him Song Jieun.” Yongguk's mother said coming out from the bathroom with a chuckle. Jieun stood up quickly to greet her.

 

“I was wondering where you were.” Jieun said with a chuckle and a bow. His mother placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

 

“What brings you here today?” She asked with a curious look, even though she already knew why.

 

“Jieun is the man in their relationship.” Yongguk's father said with a nod and chuckled.

 

“Hey! Stop saying that.” Yongguk said with an angry look, standing up. Jieun chuckled and ignored him.

 

“What’s the project uncle?” She asked curiously. “Oh yeah…I almost forgot. I’m critiquing all the parks in this area. Therefore Yongguk volunteered to help. I wouldn’t mind another helping hand.” He said with a smile. Jieun's eyes widened with shock.

“ALL the parks?! So much!” She said with a nervous chuckle. “See dad! I said the same too!” Yongguk yelled so loudly that made Jieun shook a bit and leaned her body away from his.

 

“Forget it! I’ll just go alone!” Yongguk's father said angrily after giving Jieun and Yongguk annoyed glances.

 

 

 

Yongguk headed towards his car with his keys in his hand and took a deep breath.

 

“Bang Yongguk!” Jieun yelled loudly chasing after him. He turned to look at her and noticed she was dressed in a black tank top and black short shorts with white stripes on the sides.

Her curled hair was tied into a tight pony tail with a small poof in the front to keep her hair out of her face.

 

“What?” He asked looking her up and down. “Where do you think you’re going?” He asked again.

“Where does it look like I’m going to go?” She asked with a shrug and opened the passenger side of his car, slipping her tiny body in with a quiet chuckle.

“Hey!” He yelled loudly at her actions.

 

Yongguk took quick glances at her while he drove slowly in the busy streets.

 

“Why’s there so much traffic today?” Jieun asked curiously. He scoffed and shifted his seats.

 

“You make it seem like you roam this street every day to know that THIS day has the most traffic.” He said with a chuckle. She glared at him and crossed her arms. He breathed loudly and tapped his hand on the wheel as the car came to a stop.

 

“There must’ve been an accident.” She said with her head looking up high in order to see the orange cones and the lines of cars ahead.

 

 

“You… are you serious about us?” Yongguk asked out of the blue. She quickly looked at him and sat back on the chair, looking straight ahead.

“Well… if I wasn’t serious I wouldn’t have come all this way.” She slightly chuckled and quickly stopped when she felt his eyes piercing through her.

 

“Are you doing this because it’s what our parents want?” He questioned while the car slowly moved ahead. “No!” She yelled instantly, facing him quickly.

“I came on my own and I made my own decision.”

“Then why didn’t you answer my text last night?” Jieun looked down and bit on her nails. “Ah, about that…sorry.” She said nervously.

 

“I was thinking of something proper to reply to…but I fell asleep.”

 

“You could’ve text me in the morning.” He told her.

 

“I was going to….” She said with her head down. She quickly looked up at him with an angry look.

 

“But I was too busy getting ready to leave early so I could catch you before you went to the gym.” She said with a scowl then crossed her arms, turning back to look ahead.

 

A/N: So, obviously the next chapter will be based on them at the gym...

I still need to work on it, so I'll try to update asap okay?? Kekeke,

but the Man of the Relationship shall achieve her goals in making the relationship work!! XD

Thanks for reading this story and chapter! Much love everyone!! 80 SUBS!!! WAH!!!!

I'm going crazy from sooo much love!! So thank you so much!!!!! Saranghae yerobun!!!

I'll update soon!! Please be patient with me!!! <333