Ignorance

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Yongguk slowly walked into Jieun's house when he saw her turn her bedroom lights off. His head was down and he was ashamed of himself.

He glanced at all the groceries he had bought earlier to cook for them tonight. He turned the kitchen lights off and headed for his bedroom, thinking about all that happened today.

 

He stood up tall when his phone vibrated, hoping that it was from Jieun, but the sparkle in his eyes disappeared when he saw Jongup's name as the caller. He felt the other side of his pocket and remembered that Jieun's phone was with him.

 

“Hello?” He answered deadly. “Hey, just wanted to let you know that we let Youngjae go. He said he wouldn’t come near you guys again.” He said in a relieved tone. Yongguk covered his forehead and nodded.

“Okay, like that’s going to happen. But that’s good. Thanks and sorry for not picking up your calls earlier.” Yongguk said apologetically. “No. It’s okay. We knew you were too worried searching for her.”

Yongguk sighed and rubbed the back of his neck with his eyes closed.

“Did he say if he hurt her at all?” He asked curiously sitting up a bit taller on his bed. “No. He said the only thing he did was dragged her and choke her a bit. He admitted that he was afraid of getting sued so he didn’t do any harm to her.”

Yongguk nodded and sighed when he heard Jieun's phone ringing.

“Okay…I have to go. I’ll talk to you later. Thanks to you and Himchan so much for today.” He said with a smile. They said their goodbyes and then Yongguk picked up Jieun's call after clearing his throat.

 

“Hello aunt.” Yongguk said, trying to set a happy tone in his voice.

“Oh? Hi Yongguk. How are you two doing?” She asked with a smile.

 

Even though he couldn’t see her, he knew for a fact that she was smiling and happy that they were ‘together’ at last.

 

“We’re doing…. good.” He lied with a painful expression. “How are you guys?” He asked politely. “Oh! It’s such a dream over here! Your parents took us cruising and I took a couple photos for Jieun. I wanted to tell her about it.” She said with an excited chuckle.

“Ahhh… I’ll get her on the phone. Hold on a second.” He said with half a smile and then took a deep breath before heading up towards the stairs.

He stood outside of Jieun's door, trying to think of ways to knock. He sighed with his head down and finally silently knocked.

There was no answer and so he decided to knock a little louder.

 

“Jieun-ah, your mom’s on the phone for you.” He said a little louder so she would hear. He heard a couple items moving and then the door slowly opened as her tiny hand popped out, reaching for her phone. He handed it to her and the door closed with a thud.

 

Yongguk laid on his bed, unable to sleep, thinking of what he was going to do. His car was stolen and he had no problem getting it back, but he didn’t know how to explain it to his parents.

He wanted to text and comfort Jieun, but he was the reason that caused her this sadness so why make it worse?

His eyes slowly closed when a text vibrated on his phone beside his bedside. He quickly shifted his head and caught sight of Pucca’s name. His eyes widen in shock and he quickly opened the text. He saw a picture she had sent to him. It was captioned:

 

                “My mom said to show you this.”

 

It was a photo of a tiny logged cabin in the woods that Yongguk had gone to in the late winters for his birthday.

He always liked his own privacy and rather spent his birthdays alone rather than around others. He smiled and saved the picture into his phone.

 

“Thanks.”

 

He sat still, staring at the photo, hoping that she would text him back while thoughts of his past birthdays came through his mind.

He liked the winter and so on days where he went camping in the cabins in the winters for his birthday, the majority of the time he was always outside.

He was always just sitting outside, staring at the wildlife and inhaling the fresh smell of Mother Nature.

 

Jieun looked through her text messages and noticed the missed messages that Yongguk had sent her. She read about his worries for her, asking where she was, making an uncontrollable tear fall down her eyes. She wiped it quickly and sighed deeply, shutting her eyes tight.

 

                “Why?”

 

Yongguk squint his eyes and sat up, pressing his lips together, trying to think of what to reply back. He was surprised that after today, Jieun even thought about texting him anymore.

 

“Let’s talk about this.”

                “We ARE talking about it right now.”

“You know what I mean. Face-to-face Jieun.”

 

He flinched when he wrote her name out in the text. This was the very first time he has ever felt so awkward texting a girl, especially when it came to Jieun.

With the fact that he’s been referring to her as Pucca this whole time made it hard for him to keep writing Pucca and then erasing to correct himself.

 

                “No. I don’t want to see you right now.”

“Please Jieun.”

                “Just tell me why.”

“Why what?”

                “Why did you not tell me you were…Garu this whole time?”

“I had my reasons.”

                “Which were?”

“I was afraid of telling you. I KNOW how you are Jieun.”

                “You KNOW how I am so you should’ve known my reaction before time if something   like this happened.”

“I didn’t intend for this to happen.”

                “Where was this leading to then?”

“I don’t know. I was going to tell you who I really was…but you were so caught up with…trusting Garu. I didn’t want to disappoint you.”

                “I told you all my secrets Yongguk…”

“And I’m sorry that I didn’t expose myself earlier.”

 

Yongguk shut his eyes tightly with worry when Jieun didn't reply back to him. He covered his forehead and took a deep and frustrated breath.

After 10 minutes, she didn’t reply back making him more worry. He was afraid she did something out of the ordinary so he slowly got out of bed and crept up to her bedroom.

He walked up the stairs on his tippy toes, trying not to make a sound. He held his phone tightly in his hand as he reached her door.

 

Jieun had gotten out of bed to grab a drink downstairs and because she didn’t want Yongguk to hear or know she was down there, she walked in complete darkness since she knew the way around her house.

She was about to walk up the stairs until she spotted Yongguk standing in front of her door with his hand on her door knob.

She squint her eyes, trying to get a better view and shook her head, looking down. She headed towards the stairs and took her phone out, making sure she hid so he wouldn’t be able to see her.

 

Meanwhile, Yongguk shook rapidly and almost dropped his phone when it vibrated loudly.

 

                “Where are you?”

 

His eyes widen strangely, wondering why she would want to know where he was. He sighed deeply, feeling a bit happier that she at least text him back.

 

“I’m in my bedroom. I thought you fell asleep.”

 

Jieun lightly smiled but hid her smile when she caught sight of him, after peeking her head out of the corner of her eyes.

 

                “No…I just came out to get myself some water.”

 

She hid her huge chuckle under her breath and started to slowly walk up the stairs, making it a clearer view for him to see her. He was too focused on his phone that he didn’t even see her approaching him.

 

“Mul? Jigeum?”

                “Yes.”

 

Before he could even read the text, he noticed a light approaching him up the stairs and widened his eyes in fear. He started to walk towards the bathroom to hide when he heard her speak.

“Yah… I know you’ve been standing there.” She said in a raspy tone. He turned to look at her and then looked down to the ground, nervous and unable to speak.

She finally reached him and stood in front of her door while he stood across from her.

 

“What’re you doing Bang Yongguk?” She asked in an annoyance. She kept her stare on him, noticing his nervousness as she took a deep breath, understanding he was unable to say anything.

“Well, goodnight.” She said then walked into her bedroom and closed the door quickly.

Yongguk looked up and opened his mouth to speak. He closed his mouth and then looked down with a sour expression.

“Damn….” He whispered before walking slowly back down to his bedroom with a tight hold on his phone.

 

A/N: Well..... Yongguk is going through a rough time..... :/

How about this.... since I'm not a fan of dramas and you all have shown me so much love, I'll make the problem short... XD Kekekeke... I know! I'm cool like that XD

So... I'll try to make it as short as possible, arraseo??? So please anticipate it! XD

I'll  have it up on Monday because I won't have access to AFF over the weekend on Computer... so yeah...

Until next time, saranghae yerobun! Have a nice weekend!! BBCnTSFAM signing out! BYE YEOM!~