Proof

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

As Yongguk drove into the driveway of the car, his phone rang. He glanced at Jieun before picking up.

“Hello?” He whispered so silently. “Bang Yongguk?” His mother answered oddly.

“Hi mom.” He said in a whisper again, turning his back to Jieun so she wouldn't hear his loud voice and wake up.

“Why’re you whispering?” His mother asked chuckling. Yongguk glanced back at Jieun and sighed. “Jieun's sleeping in the car so I don’t want to wake her up.” He answered.

Even though he thought she was still asleep, she was awake and heard their every conversation since it was so quiet. She smiled and turned her face away from Yongguk, listening silently.

“Why’re you guys in the car?” His mother asked suspiciously. “We just got back from the carnival mom. Did you need something?” He asked in irritation.

“Ohhh!!! You two are bonding so well! Jieun's mother WAS right!” She yelled excitedly, making Jieun widen her eyes at the thought that she’s been talked about.

Yongguk glanced at Jieun and silenced his mother with a hiss.

“Yah, omma! Be quiet. I’ll talk to you when I get inside the house. Bye.” He said quickly and hung up.

Jieun slightly stretched and glanced at him with a tired look, acting as though she just woke up. He sighed and got out of the car when he saw that she was awake. She stared at him and yawned tiredly. 

“Hey,” she said. Yongguk looked at her with a concerned look. “Give me a piggy back ride.” She commanded. He stared at her with an amused expression and scoffed.

“I’m tired too…you go on your own.” He said while stepping out of the car and walking ahead.

“Hey! I shared my cotton candy with you!” She screamed after him. He turned his back to look at her and chuckled.

“Oh yeah, I forgot to say thanks!” He said with a huge smile. She growled in annoyance and very slowly crawled out of his car, finally standing on her feet after a few minutes.

 

Yongguk got inside the house and walked into his bedroom to call his mother again to make sure they were doing fine.

 

“How’s your stay with aunt and uncle?” He asked curiously. His mother chuckled joyfully, making Yongguk smile. “Oh, it’s so magical here. We’re at a ship cruise right now. I wish you and Jieun were here with us.” She said with a smile.

“It’s okay mom. Jieun and I are going to go to a tour at a resort this week too so I’d be saying the same to you too.” He said with a chuckle.

There was a sudden silence on the other end of the line, making Yongguk widened his eyes with confusion. He coughed walking towards his closet and tilted his head.

“Mom?” He set his phone on speaker so he’d have more hands to pack. “You’re…. you’re BOTH going on a tour….at a resort?” She questioned unbelievably, her voice quieter even though she was on speaker.

“Yes…is it…okay with you?” He asked with a bit of hesitation, unsure of the situation.

“Are you pranking me?!” She yelled with a loud laugh after a while of another silence. Yongguk chuckled nervously and shook his head.

“No mom! I’m being serious! We’ll be gone this whole week at the resort.” He heard his mother continue laughing.

“Oh yeah? What resort?” She questioned in a funny tone, playing along with their scenario. “Clearwater.” He answered.

There was a gasp as his mother chuckled again, clicking her tongue.

“There’s NO way that you and Jieun will survive going on a week-“

“Yongguk-ah, remember to bring your trunks for swimming. I’m going to go cook us something before bed.” Jieun said, standing at his door.

“No, we’ll just go out and eat something since it’s getting late.” He ignored his mother and focused on Jieun for the while.

“You’re paying?” She asked with wide eyes and hands on her hips. “Duh!” He said carelessly and then turned back to his mother.

“Mom we’ll be gone next week and-“

“Hi aunt!” Jieun said walking over and sitting on Yongguk's bedside while he glanced at her and continued packing.

“We wish you guys would be able to go with us too.” Jieun yelled happily. Yongguk's mother became silent on the other line, making Yongguk chuckle.

“Mom… don’t worry, we won’t kill each other when we get there.” He said. Jieun scoffed at him and then turned her attention back to the phone.

“Yeah right, I have a list of ways to terminate your son aunt.” She said with an evil look that made Yongguk feel chills down his spine.

“Are you two really…going?” Yongguk's father asked suddenly. Jieun sat up tall with huge eyes, looking at Yongguk. He dropped his clothes and walked over to sit next to the phone on the other side of Jieun.

“Umm…hi dad.” Yongguk said politely. “Hi uncle.” Jieun said letting out a nervous chuckle. She looked at Yongguk with questioning eyes and bit her nails gently.

“Yes, we’re going the day after tomorrow.” Yongguk said glancing at her. “Are you….okay with that?” He added.

Suddenly, both of their parents laughed loudly on the other line.

“Of course we’re ALL okay with it!” Yongguk's dad yelled. “Just give us some proof that you’re not lying.”

Yongguk and Jieun both choked on their saliva, laughing out loud.

“How are we supposed to show you guys proof??” Jieun asked standing up and walking out the door with a chuckle. “Send us a picture of you two and your luggage.”

Yongguk and Jieun looked at each other with blank faces.

               

 

Yongguk was glaring at Jieun with crossed arms at the bottom of the stairs while she was standing at the top of the stairs, gazing at him with her hands on her hips in anger.

“YOU bring YOUR luggage up here for the picture!” She yelled angrily with a scowl.

“WHY?! We’re going to have to bring them down anyways so why not just bring YOURS down here?!” He answered back quickly.

“YOU come carry them then.” She walked down the stairs with her chin up high, stepping correctly on the stairs without falling.

“Are you serious?! How much luggage do you have?” He asked, taking a couple steps towards her. She stopped walking after hearing his question and crossed her arms, tilting her head to the side. She let out a nervous cough and gently scratched her earlobes.

“Ohhh….not…a lot.” She said anxiously glancing up at her room with hesitation in telling him the truth.

               

Yongguk stood at Jieun's door with eyes so huge that she thought they were going to pop out. She was standing next to him with a smile and crossed arms in amusement at his expressions.

“WHAT…..THE…..HELL?!!!!” He yelled staring at all her luggage.

There were at least over 10 bags laying all over her bedroom. She pursed her lips and smiled with a chuckle.

“They ALL have to go for a reason.” She said carelessly, staring proudly at her luggage. He glared at her with narrowed eyes and sighed.

“Are there THAT many reasons?!” He yelled in disbelief. “Well….” She pulled her fingers up one at a time to name each purpose of the luggage.

“The biggest one are all my shirts, the next are all my jeans, next are my bikinis, my sneakers, sandals, high heels, bras, underwears, technology, my different kinds of hats, and finally….” She said with a huge smile and grabbing her huge white purse by her elbow.

“My purse.” She said with a smile. Yongguk covered his forehead and was about to faint before she even started.

Because they have known each other for so long, words such as, underwear, bra, and sleeping in the same room was no problem for them, besides for the fact that they would always fight.

“Is it really necessary to put EACH item in EACH different bag? Why couldn’t you put your shirts with your jeans… bras with underwears, sneakers with sandals and high heels, and bikinis with hats?” He asked in annoyance. She stepped into her bedroom with a huff and grab hold of her shirt suitcase.

“I need to be organized.” She said before rolling the suitcase towards him without lifting it. He glared at her and reached his hand out. “Is it THAT heavy-“

He grunted as he tried to lift her bag.

“What the hell!? How many shirts are in there?! You’re only leaving for ONE week Jieun, not for a whole YEAR.” He said angrily heading down the stairs. She ignored him and chuckled walking down the stairs with only her purse by her side.

 

By the time Yongguk finished carrying all her bags into the living room, he was already sweaty and taking his second shower before going to bed.

Jieun walked into his room and noticed that he only had 1 bag packed that he was going to bring.

“Eww…is he planning to not change his clothes for a whole week?” She said in disgust, carrying it out to put with hers.

She walked back into his room after setting their bags together then took a deep breath looking around his room. She placed her hands on her hips and smacked her lips, glancing at how messy everything was.

She sighed and took a step out of his room until something caught her eyes from the corner of the room. She walked over and grabbed his phone from the counter beside his bed.

“Garu…” she said silently. Her eyes started to slowly narrow. She grabbed her cellphone from her pocket and text him a quick message just to ensure the fact.

Suddenly and evidentally, his phone rang loudly in her hands. She quickly silenced it by looking at her own message. She noticed that he still kept her contact number as Pucca and sighed in devastation.

The bathroom door opened, so Jieun knew Yongguk was out. She quickly stepped out to meet him halfway with her hands on the entire luggage.

He walked out of the bathroom with wet hair and a towel in his hand to dry it off still. He was shirtless with a short on, rubbing his itchy eye.

“Everything is here so the day after tomorrow we’ll just have to transfer them.” She said with half a smile and then headed up the stairs.

“No, I’ll call someone to bring these over tomorrow so we won't have to bother carrying them. I’m not wasting my time carrying all of these.” He said in irritation then headed towards his room. She chuckled and agreed before leaving.

“Goodnight.” She said from the top of the stairs. “Goodnight.” He replied after a while of savoring the moment.

Yongguk sat down on his bed and called up some of his father’s workers to come over and help him tomorrow as they happily agree.

He was good to them and in return, they chose to be the same to him as well. They both went to sleep not remembering about dinner and the photo.

 

A/N: Kekeke, I couldn't help it, so DOUBLE UPDATE!! <3333 And OHEMGEE!!! The kiss scene is NEXT CHAPTER!!! KYAA!!!

I wanna update it SOO BAD!! But it's only like... one paragraph! So I'll update it on Friday once I have everything typed out!

BUT!!! MY BANGSONG FEELS!! And my Block-B FEELS!!! Kekekeke.... I feel like I just got a boyfriend... I'm smiling like a pabo!

/Singing 2AM's song/ BABO CHEOREOM!!! Wae mwolla neunji?!!!!!

Okay, I'm going too excited.... Ahem.... well, here's another chapter!! I hope you all love me! Cause I'm flying through this story!!

But DON'T WORRY!!!! The worst is YET TO COME!! Muahahahahhaa!!!!! Evil Author to destroy your world!! In.... the future coming chapters...

I'm just playing... I mean, thing's have to happen, but.... you'll see soon.. sheesh, this author's note is LONG!

Well, until Friday, Saranghae yerobun!! <333333 Have a nice day!! <33