Pretending

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Jieun jogged down the stairs with a huge smile, only to find her parents, along with Yongguk's parents, holding their luggage and talking to Yongguk with huge smiles.

She crinkled her eyes in confusion and slowed her walk, approaching them with her phone in her hand.

 

“What’s…going on here?” She asked oddly while everyone turned to look at her. Her parents were smiling while Yongguk gave her the most evil grin she’s ever seen.

“We’ll be leaving with Yongguk's parents to their place for a couple of months.” Her mother said with a smile. Jieun nodded and glanced at Yongguk, who crossed his arms and stood tall and proud.

“What about…Yongguk?” She asked, pointing her tiny finger towards him. “I’ll be staying here…with you.” He stood closely by her.

He smiled towards their parents while Jieun's expression changed from a smile to fear and confusion. She looked at her parents with a scowl and then to Yongguk.

“What?! WHY?!” She yelled loudly. “Because our parents want to spend some time together since they’ve been babysitting us this whole summer.” He said with a huge smile on his face.

 

Usually he’d be very angry if he was to ever stay with Jieun for more than a summer, but just the thought of Jieun going on tour with Youngjae for a WHOLE week bothered him so much that he wasn’t going to let that happen.

 

“What?! But… mom…. dad…” She whined with sad eyes as though she was going to cry. Her parents looked at each other and sighed deeply.

“We’ll only be gone for a few months.” Her mother said with a hand on her shoulder.

“A FEW months?! A few weeks is bad enough! Why not a few days or hours?!” She yelled loudly with a huge scowl that amused Yongguk.

“Jieun, Yongguk's parents and us are going on a cruise-“

“I’ll go with you guys!” She yelled loudly with her hand raised high up. “I’ll go anywhere but stay here with this egghead!” She screamed at the top of her lungs.

Yongguk stared at her with narrowed eyes and bit his bottom lip then pressed his lips together.

 

Their conversation ended with Jieun racing up to her bedroom and slamming the door as hard as she could.

Yongguk said bye to the parents and waited outside until they were out of sight before heading back inside.

After he closed the door, he set his hand on his hips and shook his head with a sigh.

“This is going to be…. long.” He said through a deep breath and looked around the living room of Jieun's home. He walked towards his luggage that he brought from the hotel that was sitting on the ground.

He walked towards the washing machine and threw his clothes in it then walked back to sit in the living room. His cell phone rang loudly as he glanced up at Jieun's room and chuckled knowing that she was texting him.

Yongguk lightened his phone with a smile but it slowly faded when he saw Jongup's name come up instead of Pucca’s.

 

“Dude you need to come over. We’re having another party tonight.”

“I can’t. I’ll be at Jieun's house for another couple more months.”

“What? So did you find out about Jieun and Youngjae ?”

“What about them?”

“Are they dating again?”

“I don’t know.”

 

Yongguk sat up tall and looked straight ahead, wondering if Jieun was talking with Youngjae at this second. He scanned his contact list and came across Pucca’s name and number. He squint his eyes and took a deep breath.

               

Jieun was lying under her blanket, trying to fall asleep but she was too angry that sleeping was the last thing that could come up in her mind.

Her mind kept wandering about how badly everything has turned out, yet she felt a slight happiness that she was stuck with Yongguk instead of anybody else.

She lay frozen and confused when her phone rang. She stared at the caller and her eyes went wide with shock when it was from Garu.

“Garu?” She whispered and sat up quickly. She ran her fingers through her hair and held her phone tightly.

“Should I answer?” She said in panic then raced towards her door and locked it so Yongguk wouldn’t be able to interrupt her no matter what.

She shut her eyes tight and took a long deep breath clearing before she answered after the 4th ring.

“Hel…lo?” She answered slowly with half a smile that she could finally hear his voice.

“Hi…Pucca?” Garu said curiously. Yongguk pressed his lips together from laughing and changed his voice, making it high by raising his head up a little.

Since his voice was already low as it is, she'd know immediately that he was Garu. And he didn't want her to find out.... not just yet.              

“Yes….” She said with a smile. “You sound very handsome.” She said with a silent chuckle, looking down.

Yongguk had to move the phone away and chuckle loudly. He finally calmed himself down when he heard Jieun calling his name. He coughed silently through chuckles and took a deep breath.

“Oh, I’m so sorry. Something got caught up in my throat.” He said with a chuckle.

“So how are you today?” He asked while sitting comfortably on the couch in the living room. He heard a loud sigh on the phone line as Jieun spoke tiredly.

“I’m okay. Not that great but I’ll live.” She said with a smile. “How are you?” She asked. Yongguk let out a huge smile and started flipping through the channels.

“Today... I’m doing very great actually.” He said with a chuckle. “Mind telling me why?” She asked curiously with a silent laugh that made Yongguk stop smiling instantly, trying to think of a good reason.

“Well…I’m going to the bar tonight with my friends so I’m pretty excited about it. I haven’t seen them in a while.” He said while scratching his head and nodding his head.

“That’s funny… I went to the bar last night.” She said with a chuckle. “Oh…how was it?” He stood up from the couch and walked towards the kitchen to grab a drink.

“Well, I met an old friend…or a past boyfriend I should say.” She said with a nervous chuckle. Yongguk almost choked on his water, coughing violently.

“Whoa! Are you okay?” Jieun asked with a chuckle and a concerned expression on her face. “Yes! Yes I’m fine.” He said with a chuckle and a hand to his chest.

“Sorry I saw… a rat and choked on my water.” He lied with his eyes shut tight.

“So who was this… past boyfriend?” He asked curiously. Jieun took a deep breath and sighed with a smile.

“Well, I hope you’re okay.” She said with a chuckle. “And…he was the guy with the braces I was telling you about before.”

Yongguk nodded and finished his water with a loud gulp.

“You’re interested in him?” He asked curiously, wanting to know exactly what she thought of Youngjae. He didn’t realize it, but he was holding in his breath, hoping that she had a negative effect on him.

“Well, that’s a hard question to answer.” She said with a long sigh. “Why’s that?” He asked.

“You know… I just have a lot of things going through my head right now and I can’t be sure of my feelings.”

Yongguk nodded and looked down with narrowed eyes.

“Well, I’m your friend Ji-Pucca.” He said through a stutter, almost blowing his cover.

“You can talk to me about anything and I’d be more than glad to be able to give you my own personal advice on anything.” He said then smacked his head, trying to focus.

 

Jieun sat up on her bed and started rocking her body while wrapping her arms around her legs. One of her hands was dangling by her ear to hold the phone still.

There was a long silence and Yongguk thought she had hung up. He slowly crept up the stairs to check on her, hiding behind the wall when he saw her jog back out of the bathroom back into her room with some tissues in her hand.

She left the door open a little creak so Yongguk could see a little part of her back while she jumped back on her bed.

“Pucca?” He asked in confusion when he saw her grab her phone on the bed again. “I’m right here Garu! I’m sorry I had to… throw the trash out.” She lied with a happy tone in her voice. Yongguk squint his eyes and slightly shook his head.

“It’s okay. I just thought there was something wrong.” He stood across from her half opened door, far enough so she wouldn’t hear him talk or be able to see him unless she tried.

“There actually IS something wrong…. I just can’t seem to figure out what it is.” She said in devastation.

Yongguk could see her covering her forehead with her tiny hands as he leaned his back on the wall and slipped one of his hands in his pocket.

“Well, what’s going through your mind? Tell me about it and I’ll help you figure it out.” He insisted. Jieun covered with one hand and took a long deep breath.

“I don’t even know how to start it.” She said with a chuckle while Yongguk smiled.

“Have you ever been confused about your feelings? Whether you like…this person…or that person?” She asked. He looked down and sighed.

“I guess. It’s always a hard choice, I can tell you that.” He said with a silent laugh. “Why?” He added.

“That’s where I’m stuck at right now.” She told him. Yongguk looked up and stared at her oddly trying to figure out what she really meant.

“Who’re the two lucky guys?” He asked curiously. He heard Jieun silently chuckle as he watched her shake her head slowly with a smile.

“There’s Youngjae.” She answered quickly without hesitation. Yongguk looked down immediately in sadness. “And then there’s someone else.”

“Which is……?” He asked curiously.

Jieun sat back on her bed, pressing her back on her headboard, making it totally visible for Yongguk to see her. He had to move over to another wall just in case she caught him staring at her.

“Remember that… enemy I was…telling you about? A while back?” She asked. Yongguk's eye’s widened and his jaw dropped a little in shock.

There was a bit of happiness in his heart that was building up but he denied that feeling.

“Yes…I remember. I don’t think you ever gave me a name though.” He said, still in shock and standing motionless.

“Bang Yongguk.” She said. His eyes went wider and he pressed his back hard on the wall, slowly sliding down to sit on the ground.

He glanced to look at Jieun's face through the crack and noticed that she was blushing. He was curious as to why her expression was like that and kept his eyes on her.

 

A/N: Aw!!! He’s the other choice… finally he knows!!! And JIEUN ADMITTED IT!!! Was that chapter just amazing??? Kekekeke... XD

I hope you all loved it... I was feeling like crap earlier this morning because I got into an argument with my mom.... :,(

But now that I'm fed with Kpop, I think I'm feeling better... I just need to think of a way to apoligize to her.... >.<

But here's a double update today!! Just... to leave yallz with a smile!! Or a squeal?? Kekeke...

Have a nice day at school or work, or where ever you are yerobun!!!! Saranghaeyo yerobun!! <3

Until next time, saranghae yerobun! BBCnTSFAM signing out! PYONG!!~