Himchan's Skills

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

“FIRST... Just don’t text back.” Himchan said with squint eyes, giving him a clever look.

“Why?” Yongguk gave them an odd look of worrisome while Himchan grabbed his phone away from him.

“Make her miss you a little.” Himchan mocked Yongguk's own words that he used to praise about, making him chuckle.

“Plus, you’ll come off clingy by texting her too much. Always end the texting conversations and calls first.” Jongup added. Yongguk slowly nodded in confusion.

==================================================

 

Jieun glanced at her phone in confusion that Yongguk hasn’t text her back yet and slipped her phone back in her purse before getting out of her car. She noticed Zelo's car and sighed from annoyance.

 

“Zelo is here too.”

 

Yongguk's eyes widened at the next text and quickly started replying back.

“Hey! Hey! Hey!” Himchan yelled, grabbing his phone immediately, forcefully.

“HEY!” Yongguk yelled reaching for his phone, dropping all his bags on the ground.

They were all on their way out of the gym, but they all stopped from Himchan's actions to Yongguk. Jongup and Daehyun held Yongguk back with a loud chuckle.

 

“What did we just talk about?! Why’re you texting her back already? It’s only been 10 minutes!” Daehyun yelled with an annoyed chuckle.

“She said Zelo is at her house!” Yongguk yelled loudly. The boys froze and glanced at each other with puzzled looks.

 

“This is MY business and I’ll text her if I want. Who cares about playing hard to get?!” Yongguk said. Jongup and Himchan glanced at Daehyun.

 

“Zelo is there?” Himchan said silently. “Zelo... as in Choi Zelo?” Jongup asked with a scowl of confusion. They quickly threw Yongguk's phone back at him.

“Text back! Hurry!” Daehyun yelled, chewing on his finger eagerly. Jongup crossed his arms tightly and stood by Yongguk's other side, looking down at his phone closely.

 

“Choi Zelo? Why?!”

===============================================================

 

“I’m back mom and dad!” Jieun said with a fake joyful tone as she walked into the door and glanced at Zelo's shoes. She looked up with a puzzled look when she realized that Zelo was helping her mother cook in the kitchen.

“Hi!” Zelo said with a huge smile and an apron on.

“Since you’re back, hurry and come help us cook.” Her mother said with a smile.

“Got back just in time.” Her father said with a smile, walking towards the kitchen.

“Since Jieun's back, you can come sit with me and chat Zelo.” Zelo glanced at Jieun with a smile and slowly took his apron off, handing it to her.

“What’re you doing here?” She asked silently while he passed the apron to her. He smiled and shrugged. “I haven’t seen you in a while.” He told her. She sighed and turned to her mother.

“What’s he doing here?” Jieun's mother asked when Zelo disappeared into the living room with her father. “I was in the middle of cooking and he appeared out of nowhere.” She added with a puzzled look.

“I don’t know mom.” Jieun carelessly answered with a sigh and set the apron down on the table.

“Yongguk's feeling insecure about me being around Zelo though.” She said while chewing on some finger food on the side.

“Bang Yongguk? Why?” Her mother asked with wide eyes and a huge smile. Jieun nervously looked at her and pouted her lips with a shrug. Her mother sighed with a smile and chuckled lightly.

“You know how long we’ve waited for this day?” Her mother asked. Jieun looked at her with a smile and scoffed. “What day?” She asked with a nervous smile.

“Oh! And why did you and dad want me to come back so early for?” Jieun asked remembering they had something to speak to her about. Her mother looked away immediately and smiled.

“We’ll all talk as soon as Zelo goes home.” Her mother said. “Whenever that will be.” Jieun said with a chuckle.

 

Jieun's father and Zelo sat in the living room with a couple snacks on a table and the television on.

“So, what brings you here today?” Jieun's father asked while chewing on a grape. “Ohhh…I just wanted to ask Jieun out on a date today.” He said with a smile.

“May I?” Zelo asked again. Jieun's father wiped his mouth with a napkin and gently coughed, sitting up straighter on the couch.

“Have you asked Jieun yet?” He questioned curiously, flipping through the channels while Zelo slowly shook his head. “No. I’m planning on today though, in a bit.” He said with a determined smile.

“Ohhh…and uncle, can I ask you a question?” He asked again. “Sure. About what?” He asked. Zelo looked down and sighed, leaning his back on the couch comfortably.

“I see that Yongguk and Jieun have been very close lately.” He said in a jealous tone.

“Yes!” Jieun's father said with a delighted tone, sitting up taller. “She even went to visit him yesterday too. It’s such a great thing that those two are finally dating.” He said with a smile. Zelo looked up at him in confusion.

“So…they really are…dating?” He asked nosily with a scrunched up face while Jieun's father nodded joyfully, popping another grape into his mouth.

“What do you think about it?” Jieun's father asked curiously with a smile. Zelo slowly nodded and gave him half a smile. “Well…honestly, I don’t really approve, but-“

“Why don’t you approve?” Jieun's father asked, cutting him short quickly.

“Do you…like my Jieun?” He asked again with wide eyes. Zelo looked down nervously and sighed. “Yes, I do. I just don’t know if I can compete with a person like Bang Yongguk.” He said with a smile, shifting in his seat.

“Just don’t.” Jieun's father said with a careless tone, flipping the channels some more.

“What?” Zelo asked oddly, not sure if he heard him clearly. “What do you mean?”

“We’ve all been waiting a lifetime for our Jieun and Yongguk to finally feel affectionate towards one another. It finally seems like that time has come…and I wouldn’t appreciate it if you were to get in the way.”

Zelo looked down and slowly nodded with a painful look on his face.

 

“Choi Zelo son, you’re a very good looking guy and I’m sure there’s someone better than my Jieun out there for you.” He said with a smile.

“Yes.” Zelo answered silently with his head down after a long silence of thinking.

 

Jieun and her mother hid behind the corner of the wall listening to Zelo and her father’s conversation.

Jieun's mother smiled up at Jieun, urging for her to go talk to Zelo. She slowly walked into the room and smiled at his father who sighed.

“Zelo?” Jieun asked with an unsure smile. He turned to look at her with his head down and slowly stood up. “It was nice talking to you today uncle and aunt. But I’ll be leaving-“

“Ohhh…you’ve been helping me cook all day. Please join us for lunch before you leave at least.” Jieun's mother said with a smile, popping up behind Jieun.

Zelo looked down, pressing his lips together and slowly shook his head.

“No, it’s okay.” He said with a smile as if nothing was wrong. ”I have to do something so I have to go.” He politely said good bye to Jieun's parents and rushed out the door with a slight glance to her.

He walked towards his car, placing his hand on the handle as saw Jieun rush out of the door with a coat on and her purse by her side.

“Zelo! Wait.” Jieun said breathlessly, jogging towards him. He looked at her with a dead look and put his hands in his pockets. “What.” He said silently.

 

"Please don't misunderstand. I mean... I've told you many times as well... I just-

"It's okay Jieun. I understand." He said with a smile then took a step foreward.

 

"I know that nothing can break the love between you and Yongguk. And now I won't come in between." He said then got into his car and drove off. Jieun took a deep breath and bit her lips, feeling sad.

___________________________________________________________________________

 

Yongguk and the guys sat at the bar staring at his phone, eagerly waiting for Jieun's reason why Zelo was over at her house.

 

“Why isn’t she texting back yet?!” Yongguk yelled impatiently, pounding his fist on the counter and rubbing his forehead anxiously. Himchan sat back in his seat and grabbed a drink with a chuckle.

“Jieun's sly in this relationship.” Jongup said with a smile and drank slowly. “She’s doing EXACTLY what we told you to do earlier. Now look, you’re the loser in this relationship.” Daehyun said with a chuckle.                 

“SHE should be the one waiting for you to text her. Not the other way around where you’re not even enjoying this day and rather stare at your phone all day. Desperate.” Himchan said, shaking his head through a sigh.

“Hey! I’m not… desperate. I’m just worried.” Yongguk said with a scowl. “You mean you're  jealous?” Himchan asked with a chuckle. Yongguk glowered at him and threw his phone in his pocket carelessly.

“Fine. I won’t look at my phone at all until I get home.” He said with a straight face, looking straight ahead. Himchan and Jongup scoffed.

“Let’s see how long you last.” Daehyun said with a smile, drinking slowly.

==============================================================

 

Jieun was still putting on some nail polish, trying to get her mind off of pitying Zelo when she should just forget about it.

 

When she was finished, she walked to the kitchen to get herself something to eat, and then went back into her bedroom, checking her phone.

Her eyes widened in fear, reading Yongguk's text from hours ago.

 

“It was nothing important. Don’t worry about it.”

 

Yongguk and the guys finally got out of the bar after a few hours around night time and headed home. Yongguk coughed and reached in his pocket.

“No! Wait till you get home.” Himchan said with a chuckle. Yongguk sarcastically laughed at him and got into his car with a chuckle.

“See you guys tomorrow.” He said with a wave at the boys. They waved back and quickly got to their own cars, heading home.

 

As soon as Yongguk saw them drive off, he quickly took his phone out, reading Jieun's instant text message.

 

"Nothing important? What are you hiding from me?!!"

 

As soon as he entered, his parents both sat in the living room waiting for him. They both stared at him oddly, making him frozen in place.

 

“Is there… something wrong?” He asked in confusion. “We…need to talk.” His father said with crossed arms.

Yongguk stood up tall with fear when he saw his mother smile, wiping a tear from her eye.

 

“About what?” He asked curiously. His mother slowly broke a smile and leaned in. “Your engagement with Jieun.” His mother said with a wide smile, wiping another happy tear from her eye.

“WHAT?!” Yongguk yelled loudly, accidentally dropping his phone to the ground beside his shoes.

=====================================================================

 

Jieun sat oddly on the couch when she heard what her parents wanted to talk about.

 

“Engagement??” She asked through a stutter. “Isn’t it…a little…too soon?” She nervously chuckled and looked her parents back and forth.

“What do you mean too soon?! You and Bang Yongguk have known each other your whole lives!” Her father yelled happily.

“It’s time that you tie the knot.” Her mother said cheerfully. “You two are finally dating-“

“We just STARTED dating mom and dad.” Jieun said with a chuckle.

“Give us some time to actually go on a few dates before you call an engagement.”

_____________________________________________________________________

 

Yongguk covered his forehead with his hand and sighed.

 

“Mom and dad…let me do this on my own.” He told them. “We’ve already tried that before and it never worked out. Your idea was always to get away from Jieun in the past.” They told him. Yongguk chuckled and stood up.

“That was in the past. Now I know what I want and I’ll propose to Jieun when I want. I don’t want this special moment to be planned by you guys.” He said with a serious look.

===========================================================

 

Jieun's parents walked out to the backyard after speaking with Jieun and knowing she couldn’t hear them. They dialed Yongguk's father’s number and waited patiently.

 

“Hello?” He answered. “How is it going there with my son-in-law?” Jieun's mother asked curiously. There was a loud sigh on the other end as Jieun's parents glanced at each other worriedly.

 

“He doesn’t want us to be part of this planning process.” Yongguk's father said with a huff.

“What?” Jieun's father asked loudly. “Did they know we were going to be talking about this topic already? How dare they say the same thing?!”

“What? Jieun said the same too?!” Yongguk's mother asked in a puzzled tone.

 

 

Yongguk looked at the time on his phone and noticed that it was almost 11:30pm.

 

“Sleeping?”

 

Jieun jumped on her bed and crawled under her covers, picking her phone up immediately through a huge sigh before she started texting back.

 

“No. Why?”

“Are you going to tell me why your dad wanted you home for?”

 

Jieun looked up with her phone in her hand and shut her eyes in annoyance, too embarrassed to tell him the real reason.

 

“Was it about the engagement?”

 

She read his following text and widened her eyes.

 

“Oh! How did you know?! You called my parents?”

“No. I got the same talk too. It seems our parents have been planning this all along behind our backs.”

“Cunning parents.”

“What did you say about it? Yes or no?”

“Neither….you?”

“I told them to stop getting into our business.”

“What?! That’s rude!”

“It’s the truth!”

 

Yongguk scoffed and set his phone down. He laid on his back with one arm behind his head and pouted his lips with a deep sigh.

 

“They’re still your parents.”

“Who cares. What’re you doing tomorrow?”

 

She rubbed her nose and took a deep breath.

 

“Work. Haven’t been there for a long time.”

“Haha. Wonder why? What time?”

“Haha. 6 am. So early! :(“

 

Yongguk looked at the time and widened his eyes, texting back instantly.

 

“6am?! It’s already almost 1 am! Go sleep right now!”

 

She chuckled and threw the covers over her head, along with her phone. She held on a cunning smile and grinned.

 

“No. I still want to text you.”

“Doesn’t matter. I’m going to sleep. Goodnight.”

“Yah! At least say goodnight properly!”

 

Yongguk smirked at his phone and chuckled silently.

 

“Goodnight…my Pucca.”

“Thank you! Goodnight my Garu!”

“So bothersome.”

 

Jieun chuckled and turned her lamp off before falling asleep.

==================================================

 

The next morning, there was a loud pound on Yongguk's door. He awoke instantly, sitting up in bed in shock and confusion at what was happening.

 

“Bang Yongguk!” His father screamed loudly. “What?! It’s not even 6 am yet!” He yelled in annoyance after taking a glance at the time.

The door opened quickly as his father entered with a rushed face. Yongguk stared at him oddly, since it was a face he hasn't seen in a long while.... a fearful face.

 

“W-What’s going on?” Yongguk asked concerned. “Hurry and get ready! We have to go!” His father yelled louder.

“WHERE and WHY?!” Yongguk yelled even louder with wide eyes. His father hesitated to speak and looked down with a deep sigh.

Yongguk could hear his mother grabbing stuff and heading out the door with tears.

 

“TELL ME!” He screamed in anger.

“Jieun got into a car accident on her way to work!” His father yelled in frustration.

Yongguk stood motionless with confusion, trying to process everything into his mind, trying to bear with what he just heard.

 

A/N: Da-da-tum.... Here it comes!! And YES! I'm leaving youguys with a cliffhanger!! Kekeke...

But I have something to tell youguys..... I might... MIGHT... be on a haitus soon.....

 

 

It's the end of the semester for me (college student) and I have midterms and research papers and oral presentations and exams and finals and WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just SOOOOOO many things coming up.... So... I might update slower now, okay??

Please understand!! I'll get back to this story though, obviously!! Kekeke... it'll just be slower than usual....

Thanks for all of your love and support!! I feel like sooo many people have left me and this story....

Maybe because I'm dragging on for too long or something... :/ But I mean... loves not easy to find and confess to....

But oh well... I'll still update because there are still some of you that are still sticking with me ^_^

So thank you for that!! Youguys are my inspiration and motivation... ^_^

Okay, I'm hungry and will be stuck at school until 7pm!!! >:/

I'll see youguys whenever I have time to get on again, okay? Annyeong!!!! PYONG!~~