Back

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Yongguk and Jieun were standing in front of the rental car grabbing each baggage at a time since they were so heavy.

“I guess there was no point of packing these.” Jieun said with a chuckle. Yongguk walked by her while she walked towards the house and chuckled.

“There was no point in the first place.” He said. She scoffed at him and gave him the corner-eyed look with a smirk.

 

"Hey lovebirds!" Himchan said walking towards Yongguk and Jieun with Jongup and Daehyun beside him.

"Oh, hey you guys..." Yongguk said looking up.

 

"Youguys need help?" Jongup asked walking over to Jieun who smiled at him. "Aw, thanks Jonguppie!!" She said ruffling with his hair.

Yongguk shot a look over and glared at Jieun then Jongup with jealousy. He scoffed and looked over at Himchan and Daehyun.

"Come on inside..." Yongguk said walking in before Jieun, brushing her shoulder and smirking at her.

 

“So…how is…everything?” Jongup asked awkwardly while Yongguk closed the door oddly. “Good.” Jieun said with a smile, preparing some drinks.

 

Suddenly, they heard a knock at the door. The boys looked at each other and stood up.

"Are youguys expecting guests?" Himchan asked heading towards the door with Yongguk who shrugged his shoulders.

 

"HI!!!!!" Gina yelled loudly once Yongguk opened the door. Everyone turned their heads to the front door and Yongguk's face dropped dead at the sight of annoying Gina.

"Oh? Choi Gina?" Himchan said. Jieun turned around and widened her eyes at the sight of Gina.

"Oh, welcome. Come on inside." She said from the living room. Yongguk sighed and walked back quickly to sit beside Jieun, overlapping their arms to show skinship.

Gina walked in and sat on a couch while everyone waited to see what she wanted.

 

"Um... I just... wanted to come and ask if Jieun can go out with me for a bit. I need to talk to her." Gina said then glanced at Himchan, Jongup, and Daehyun, sitting up in a better position.

They gave her a disgusted and annoying look and looked away, making her know they WEREN'T interested.

Jieun widened her eyes and glanced at Yongguk. She looked back at Gina and nodded her head.

"Sure... I mean, I don't think there's anything else I'm gonna be doing..." she said. Yongguk glared at her and stood up.

"Jieun. We need to talk. ALONE. Come!" He said then headed towards the front door. The boys, chuckled, realizing jealousy Yongguk is in action.

 

Yongguk stood outside in Jieun and their front lawn and took a deep breath, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

Jieun walked out and closed the door behind her. She sighed and walked over to Yongguk.

 

"Yah! What is it?" She asked. "Don't go. What if you meet Zelo?" He told her. Jieun scoffed and chuckled.

"Yah, are you crazy? She said she wanted to talk to me. No Zelo involved. So I'll go." She said then headed back.

"Yah! So you're just going to go with her?" He yelled at her. She widened her eyes and scoffed.

"Do I have to ask you for permission on everything I do?" She told him with a scoff. "Well, what if you meet Zelo? He doesn't see himself as a brother around you. You may think that, but maybe he doesn't think that!" He yelled again.

"YAH! Why are you yelling at me?!!! Zelo is just like a little brother to me! And I'm not going to meet him! I'm going to talk with Gina!!" She told him.

"But he doesn't see it as that! Why are you just going to throw me away?" He asked her. Jieun laughed and covered .

"Who's throwing WHO away?! I'm NOT going to go meet Zelo!! I'm heading out with GINA. You can even come along." She told him. "Come along?!! I don't want to be around Gina!!! Do you want to see us together?!!!!!!!!!!!" He yelled angrilly.

"YAH! Stop yelling!! My head hurts! OKAY! I won't go! I won't go!!" She yelled annoyed, not even understanding why Yongguk was getting mad over her having a talk with Gina.

 

Suddenly, a car stopped in front of the scene, but Yongguk and Jieun were too busy yelling at each other to even notice.

 

"You're being unfair!" Yongguk yelled at her. "Unfair at WHAT?! I already said I'm NOT GOING!!!" Jieun replied with confusion.

 

“WHAT is going on here?!” Yongguk's father yelled loudly, getting out of the car along with Yongguk's mother while Jieun's parents came out of a different car.

 

"Whatever. Do what you want." Yongguk finished then went inside the house. "UGH! So annoying!" She replied rolling her eyes.

=======================================================

 

Jieun drove in silence with Gina by her side who coughed silently.

 

“How does it feel to have men fighting for you?” Gina asked jealously. Jieun glanced at her with a scoff.

“Who’s fighting over me?” She asked with a shrug. Gina glared at her and crossed her arms.

“Bang Yongguk, and my brother. Who knows, maybe Yongguk's friends are fighting for you too.” She said in anger with a huge smirk on her face. Jieun chuckled and glanced at her.        

“Hey Choi Gina, you can have men chasing after you too if you give them time. Stop chasing after them and let them come to you.”

“I DO do that. Don’t tell me what to do.” She said with a grin on her face. “I tried that with Yonggukie and nothing happened.”

Jieun glanced at her and scoffed with a silent laugh.

“Want me to tell you something unnie?” Jieun asked curiously, turning slowly when she neared her house.

“What? If it’s useful then tell me.”

Jieun stopped her car outside of Gina's house and then turned to face her.

“Maybe you should start approaching men who are single.” Jieun said sharply. “You’re wasting your time around Bang Yongguk.”

Gina looked at her and was about to speak but she caught her own words and became silent.

“The single ones are all ugly.” She said with her head low. Jieun sighed and sat up taller. “I know where you can find cute men.” Jieun said with a huge smile. Gina turned to face her and widened her eyes.

“Where?! Tell me!” She yelled loudly. Jieun smiled and turned to her. “Truelovechat.com.”

Gina scoffed instantly while Jieun stared at her oddly.

“What? Why’re you laughing?” She asked. “That website?!” Gina yelled with laughter, trying to calm down.

“I’ve been there…it’s pretty lame.” Gina said, fixing her mushed make-up and then reaching for the door to open.

“Plus…after Zelo told me that site was for desperate losers, I stopped going on it.” Gina said making Jieun look down quickly.

“Why? Have you…been on that site?” Gina asked curiously. “No!” Jieun yelled aggressively. “I don’t have time to mess around on those useless sites.” She said while moving a strand of hair off her face.

"But Jieun-ah... I just... is it okay if you come in for a bit, so we can talk?" Gina said looking around with a sigh. Jieun widened her eyes and in her lips.

"Sure..." She said then headed inside the house with Gina.

 

It was pretty quiet, so she knew there were no one home.

 

Jieun went to sit on the couch and waited for Gina to get them some drinks.

 

When she got back, she handed Gina a drink and smiled, sitting in a couch across from Jieun.

 

"I just wanted to apologize for what happened at the Resort." Gina said with a deep breath. Jieun widened her eyes and looked down and a smile.

"I mean... I just... I just wanted someone to love me in return... I mean, I'm always lonely, and no one wants to be with me." She said pouting a little. Jieun chuckled from her cuteness and smiled.

"Just be yourself, Gina unnie... as cliche as it sounds, just be yourself and people will love you for that." Jieun said with a smile. Gina nodded and looked down.

"Yongguk and I...... we...." Gina said glancing at Jieun who shot a look at her from Yongguk's name.

"We didn't...... kiss.... I only lied, to make you jealous... so I hope you'll look past that too." She said then took a sip of her drink. Jieun smiled and nodded, refreshed that they didn't kiss.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it. At least we're on good terms. That's all that matters." Jieun said setting her cup back on the platter. Gina smiled and chuckled.

"Thanks or understanding me." She said then Jieun stood up and sighed.

"Don't worry about it. But I should get going, so I'll see you soon?" She said then headed towards the door. Gina smiled and walked her out.

"I'll see-

“Song Jieun!?” Zelo yelled, running out from his car that he just parked. He glared at Gina and scowled while Jieun widened her eyes, thinking back to what Yongguk told her earlier.

 

“Why did Jieun come out of our house? Did you humiliate our family AGAIN?!” He screamed loudly. Gina ignored him and entered their house again after smiling at Jieun.

Jieun smiled at him and greeted Zelo politely.

 

“What’re you doing here?” He asked curiously, not angry anymore. “I was just dropping Gina off. I’m about to head back home though-“

“Wait!” He yelled with his hands outstretched in front of him to stop her from speaking. She soured her face up at the sight of his paint-filled hands.

“Can I show you something first?” He asked with an angelic smile.

==========================================

 

Himchan, Jongup, and Daehyun left Jieun's house with Yongguk alone with the parents.

 

“Why’re you guys back already? What happened to ‘spending a month in Paris’?” He asked curiously.

"Well, what happened to you and Jieun's 'spending a weekend at Clearwater Resort'?" His mother mocked him back. Yongguk smacked his lips and sighed, looking down.

 

“You think that we can be anywhere happily without assuring that you and Jieun are safe?!” His father yelled loudly while sitting down.

“Bring us some water.” He demanded, pointing towards the kitchen. Yongguk scowled and walked towards the kitchen.

“Why were you two arguing so loudly earlier?” Jieun's mother asked.

“Yeah! Knowing how you two are, you could kill each other and care less about what happens.” Jieun's father said with a chuckle.

“Yes, plus, we never received a picture of proof that you two were going to Clearwater. Obviously it was a lie since you’re home right now.” Jieun's mother said with a huff.

 

Yongguk had his back to all of them while preparing the water in anger that he had to endure all these questions when Jieun wasn’t back yet.

 

“No, we really did go to Clearwater.” Yongguk said with an annoyed sigh. “It’s just that some…problems came up and so we had to bail.”

“What problems?” His father asked curiously while Yongguk gave them each drinks. “Well…we…” he stuttered, staring at his parents and Jieun's parents questioning looks.

Not wanting to tell them the truth about what happened he took a deep breath and sat down, breaking a smile.

 

“I made a move.” He lied with a smile.

“Move? What move?” His mother asked in confusion. “I made a move on Jieun.” He said with a smile, twisting everything around.

He noticed the surprised and shock looks on their faces, knowing he was safe to continue.

“Song Jieun and I…are now a couple.”

 

A/N: Haha!! Yongguk had to lie! Kekeke... well, it's NOT particularly a lie, because they ARE a couple alreday...

but youguys get the meaning of it... I hope... right... :/

Well, it's no biggie anyways...  thanks for all your love and support!! You'll all be blessed!!!! XD

But... just a quick question, please answer this poll I have!!!! I just want to know how old my readers are, okay?? XD

 

 

Until next time, saranghae yerobun!! BBCnTSFAM signing out! PYONG!!~~~~~