Friends

This Is What We Are: Frenemies
Yongguk's parents and Jieun's parents laid in the sun on a huge cruise ship with shades on, enjoying the company of the hot sun. 
 
“How do you think our kids are doing?” Yongguk's mother asked in an excited tone. “They should be doing good.” Jieun's mother said with a chuckle. 
“Last night when I called Jieun's phone, Yongguk answered for her.” She added happily. Yongguk's mother sat up instantly in shock. 
“What?! Really?” She asked with wide eyes, taking her sunglasses off. Jieun's mother nodded with excitement. 
“What happened?” Yongguk's father asked curiously. Mrs. Bang turned to look at him with a huge smile on his face. “It seems our kids are bonding quite well.” She said satisfied. 
====================================================
 
Yongguk finished setting up their bowls of noodles and took a deep breath staring at their bowls with a contented smile. 
 
“JIEUN-AH!!” He yelled loud enough so she’d be able to hear. 
 
Before he even finished calling her name, he already heard footsteps running down the stairs. He chuckled and started to eat his bowl of noodles quickly. 
 
“Yes! You put eggs in mine!” She yelled, her tongue and picking up her chopstick before sitting down. 
“I remember that time when you were praising my mother for putting eggs in your noodles.” He said proudly in remembrance of that day. 
 
They were still in high school and it was when Jieun realized her love for the noodle shop in the town. They made the best noodles, specifically because they always put at least 3 eggs in their noodles. 
 
“Ohhh? Bang Yongguk remembers something about me?” She said with a chuckle, winding the noodles up onto her chopstick. 
He had a mouthful of noodles and chuckled, making him almost choke on the noodles. She laughed loudly, covering and handed him some water. 
“Here! Drink this.” She said. He grabbed it quickly and drank down the remaining of the noodles in order to breathe. She chuckled and ate her noodles with a chuckle. 
 
"Oh, Yongguk..." she called him. He looked at her and raised his eyebrows. "What is it?" He asked. She formed a bubble in and sighed.
"Um... my cousin is coming back from the States tomorrow with her friend. You mind if... you take me to go pick them up?" She asked. Yongguk scrunched up his face, hoping it was a girl.
Not so that he could hit on her, but so that he'd be okay. He didn't want another man trying to get to Jieun, let alone have any skinships with her. Youngjae was enough and he didn't want to see another one.
 
"Cousin? Man or woman?" He asked. She scoffed and  glared at him for making such childish assumptions. "Does that matter?!! Just drive my car tomorrow and take me to go pick them up."
"And where will they be staying?" Yongguk asked. "Here." She said eating some noodles again. "So, it must be a girl?" He asked. She sighed and gulped down her noodles.
"Yah, are you willing to or not?!!!" She yelled angrilly. He chuckled and nodded his head. "Yeh, I'll do as what my master says." He said drinking some water. She fixed her hair and smacked her lips.
"That's what I thought." She said coolly then continued eating.
 
“Knock, knock, knock?” Jongup and Himchan's voice said together walking towards them. Yongguk and Jieun both choked on their noodles as they both stood up, swallowing their food. 
“Hey you guys, how did you two get in?” Yongguk said with a chuckle while Jieun politely greeted them. 
"The door was unlock. Way to be safe." Jongup said walking over. Himchan scoffed and walked over as well.
“Whoa… just like a newlywed eating together in the afternoon… how jealous I am?” Himchan said. Yongguk and Jieun chuckled and shook their heads.
“What’re you guys doing here?” Yongguk asked. Jieun coughed and sat back down in her chair and continued eating.
“Did you guys want some?” She asked, glancing at them. Jongup and Himchan chuckled, shaking their head. “No, we just ate some pizza. We wanted to hang out with you guys before you leave.” Himchan said with a chuckle. 
Jieun stopped eating and looked directly at Yongguk. Even though she didn’t say anything, he knew exactly what was running through her mind. 
“I told them this morning.” Yongguk said. Jongup chuckled and stared at them awkwardly. “Aye, why’re you two acting so strange suddenly, huh?” He asked. 
Yongguk and Jieun glanced at each other and ignored the question. He sat down across from her and ate quietly. 
“We're not leaving until the day after tomorrow. But what do you guys have in mind?” Yongguk asked slurping his noodles. Jongup looked at his watch and smiled. 
“Well, there’s a carnival going on and it’s only 1pm.” He said, hoping that they’d go. 
“It’ll be fun…please go with us Jieun-ah.” Jongup said after seeing the look on her face. She shook her head and swallowed the noodles in . 
“No. I don’t want to cause trouble for you three. Plus, I think of this as a guy’s night out and-“
“Nonsense!” Himchan yelled loudly with a chuckle. “You’re going with us no matter what. You guys will be back home before 6. Promise.” He assured. 
Yongguk looked at her and smiled. She looked down with a shrug and smiled, trapping a huge piece of egg between her chopsticks.
=================================================
 
Jieun sat in the passenger side of Yongguk's car while Jongup and Himchan both drove in the same car. 
“If you don’t want to go, it’s fine.” Yongguk said before starting the car. Jieun glanced at him and took her phone out, sliding through a couple more pictures that her mother had sent to her. 
“No, I have to babysit my guest.” She said through a quiet chuckle. He shook his head with a laugh and quickly drove after Jongup's car. 
 
 
When they arrived at the carnival, there were so many people around that they had to stick together in order to not lose one or the other. 
“Why is it so packed?!” Jongup yelled loudly. 
 
During their time there, they all went on all sorts of rides with huge smiles on their faces. The day was filled with screams, laughter, and comfort as Yongguk and Jieun became closer than ever together. 
This was the first time that they ever spent some time laughing rather than arguing. Before they knew it, it was already almost time for them to leave. 
 
“Gosh Jieun, why weren’t you like this before?!” Himchan yelled with a loud laugh when they walked back to the car. “Wae? How was I before?” She asked with a chuckle, sharing her cotton candy with Yongguk. 
“We’d rather not say.” Jongup said with a fearful laugh. Jieun opened the door to Yongguk's car and turned to look at Jongup and Himchan with a smile. 
“I’d rather not comment then.” She said with a chuckle. “Anyways thanks for inviting me out to join you guys.” They both nodded with a smile. 
“You should come more often. I’m surprised you and Yongguk didn’t fight over that cotton candy.” Himchan said with a chuckle. “Yeah, there definitely is something going on.” Jongup said with wide eyes. 
Jieun scoffed with a smile and sat down with a short wave. Yongguk said goodbye before getting into the driver’s seat and headed back home. 
He glanced at Jieun while he drove and realized her eyes slowly closing as she fell asleep. 
 
 
A/N: Eh, a kind of weak chapter..... but at least they're bonding well again righ?? Kekeke...
I'll try to make it more intense in the next chapter... then there will be a un...
**COUGH** KISS **COUGH** SCENE **COUGH**
Um... what??? o.O Haha.... well, I'll update as soon as I can! Please anticipate it!! <3
Please continue to support Block-B's new song "Be The Light" Under Seven Seasons Agency!
Thank you so much for you love and support!! Annyeong yerobun!! Saranghae!! <3333 ^_^