Sick

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Yongguk arrived home and realized that his parents weren’t back yet, assuming they’d probably arrive later after talking to Jieun's parents about the horrible act they just created.

 

As he was about to walk up the stairs, there was a knock on front door. He stopped and looked up with a deep, irritated sigh before turning back around deadly to open the door.

 

“Come in….” He said in a dead tone and opened.

Himchan and Jongup stared at him awkwardly as they brushed off the raindrops swiftly from their shoulders and hair. Daehyun jogged over after locking his door.

 

“We called you like crazy and you didn’t pick up.” Himchan said as they walked in. Yongguk closed the door after they entered without speaking.

 

“So we figured we’d pay you a visit.” Himchan said then chuckled and sat on the couch, stretching his whole body.

 

They watched as Yongguk headed up the stairs without even one greet or hello towards them.

 

 

“Yah….” Himchan said in confusion. “Sorry…I’m not feeling well. Just make yourself at home.” Yongguk said while he slowly walked up.

 

“We’re not here to make ourselves at home Bang Yongguk. We came because we knew something was wrong. What happened?” Daehyun asked curiously while Jongup waited patiently.

 

Yongguk ignored them and walked into his room, closing the door without a glance back. Himchan sighed in annoyance and took his phone out.

 

“Maybe something happened between him and Jieun.” Jongup said watching as Himchan dialed Jieun's phone number quickly.

 

“It’s weird how aunt and uncle aren’t home either.” Himchan said then looked around the quiet huge spaces and shivered.

 

“Let’s just go and find out what happened from Jieun.” Daehyun said. Himchan tucked his phone back in his pocket and shrugged.

 

“She didn’t pick up either.” He said then they headed out the door.

====================================================

 

Jieun stood at work with a tired and exhausted expression as a coworker walked towards her in confusion.

 

“Hey….are you okay?” She asked silently in concern. Jieun gradually looked up at her and sighed with a nod. “Yes…just tired.”

 

“You should’ve just stayed home instead of coming back. You look terrible.” She said with a worried look. Jieun chuckled and looked down. “Maybe it’s the rain and weather change.”

 

The coworker chuckled and fixed some of the clothes on the counter nearby.      

                                        

“Yeah…maybe you’ll feel better once it finally starts snowing.” Jieun looked up at her with a puzzled look. “Snowing?”

 

“Yes. It’s supposed to be snowing pretty soon now. Winter came by really fast this year.”

 

Jieun stood with a blank expression as the coworker smiled at her and went back to what she was doing at her own section.

 

 

 

 

 

Yongguk's parents arrived home as they both stared at his car parked on the driveway. They both sighed and slowly got out of the car with both their umbrellas by their sides.

 

“Maybe we did go too far with it this time.” His mother said with a disgraceful expression. “No… Yongguk just overreacted a little.”

 

“A little?” She asked with a scoff. “We should’ve thought of something less effective-“

“Something less effective wouldn’t have showed us the truth behind their emotions.” He said in an angered tone.

 

“Faking an accident like that was a little… startling though.” She said with pouted lips as they reached the door.

 

They unlocked the door and walked in in silence, assuming that Yongguk was in his room. His mother instantly walked up the stairs and stood outside his door. She glanced down at her husband with an unsure look and sighed, knocking lightly on the door.

 

“Bang Yongguk….” She said, trailing her voice silently. She could hear him rustling on his bed as she took a deep breath.

 

“Yongguk…son…I’m coming in.” She said and waited with her ear pressed on the door to listen inside.

 

She heard him moving some more and then a sickly cough as she narrowed her eyes in confusion and opened the door quickly.

She stood in fear as she watched her son lay sick on the bed with sweat spilled all over his head and body. His hair and body was wet as if he had just jumped out of a pool and his face was pale, worse than the time he got sick at camp.

His lips were insanely chapped and he seemed weak, too weak to even turn and toss on the bed and open his eyes to look at his mother.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

“What’s going on up there?!” Yongguk's father yelled from downstairs after hearing coughs. He slowly headed up the stairs with a puzzled look.

 

“Yongguk-ah…. are you okay?” His mother asked, sitting next to his bedside. He slowly managed to use all of his strength and turn the opposite direction, away from his parents.

His father finally appeared at his door and looked at the sight with concern. His mother stuttered to speak and finally his father uttered a few words that were somewhat acceptable.

 

“Sorry about what we did earlier, but-“

Yongguk's mother turned to glare at him, motioning for him to stop speaking. After he silenced, his mother slowly released her hand on his shoulder and stood up in disappointment.

 

“I’ll go get a bowl of water and towel-“

“Don’t bother.” Yongguk said sharply in a silent crack. His mother looked down with a deep sigh and turned to look at her husband who kept a stern look on Yongguk. She obeyed him, nodding slowly with an agonizing look.

 

“When you want to talk to us again, go for it. We know this was our fault, so we’ll quietly leave you alone…for a while.” His mother patted his shoulder lightly and then stood up, forcing her husband out with her.

 

When the door slowly closed, Yongguk turned to glance at the door and then slowly grabbed his phone beside his bed. He had put it together before he went to bed and set it on silent.

He checked his phone and read the few calls and texts from Jieun and his friends.

 

“Garu….?

“Please explain to me what happened earlier.”

“Sorry…I really wasn’t part of the plan.”

“Please answer me…..”

 

Yongguk read through Jieun's texts and then read Himchan's and Jongup's.

 

“Bar tonight?”

“Let’s go drink!”

“By you not answering your phone OR this text, I consider the answer from you is ‘YES’.”

 

Yongguk lightly chuckled and shook his head tiredly from his immature friends. He quickly dialed Jongup's number with a deep sigh.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey…sorry to you and the boys about earlier…I was just in a bad mood so I didn’t hang out with you guys when you came over.” Yongguk said with his eyes closed, lying on his back.

 

“No, it’s okay. We all have bad days, but what happened?” Jongup asked curiously. Yongguk let out a loud and irritated groan and shrugged. “I’ll tell you whenever.”

 

“Himchan hyung tried contacting Jieun earlier after we left and she wouldn’t tell him either.”

 

Yongguk slowly opened his eyes and coughed as her presence entered the conversation. He looked down at his hands and coughed silently.

 

“Well…you and the boys have fun at the bar tonight. I’m feeling a little tired so I’ll stay home today.” He told him.

 

“Oh, okay, but are you really okay? You sound sick.” Jongup asked. Yongguk coughed and chuckled with a crack. “No, it’s just because I had a longer nap than I usually have.”

 

“Okay, well sleep it off and we’ll see you whenever.”

 

Yongguk smiled and hung up then fixed on his saddened face again. He checked the time and realized that it didn’t take long for it to already be noon.

 

“What do you want?”

 

He quickly sent a text to Jieun and then closed his eyes in irritation, waiting to see if she had the nerve to text back after what had happened.

 

                “Are you okay?”

 

Yongguk read her text and exhaled with a careless look.

 

“I always am.”

                “Fine, I’ll get to the point. I didn’t know anything about what our parents planned earlier.”

 

Yongguk looked up, wondering if he should believe her or not and coughed, sweat still dripping from his forehead.        

 

Jieun was on her lunch break, picking on her rice as she kept her eyes on her phone and finally setting her chopsticks down after realizing that she wasn’t going to eat anyways.

 

“Sure.”

                “I’m serious…please believe me.”

“How can I believe you when you played a part and even lied that your leg was hurt?”

                “I said it was ‘sore’, not hurt. And it was sore because of my walking with you all day when I was over with you. You should know that I don’t normally walk so much.”

 

Yongguk read her text with squint eyes, knowing that what she said was a fact.

The night before, they were hanging out with Gikwang Hyosung all day and Jieun was wearing her high heels all night.

He pressed his lips together and slowly got out of bed, feeling a little lighter.

 

“Really?”

 

He reached under his bed and pulled out a huge bowl of water along with towels that he had prepared to get himself looking sweaty before his parents arrived.

He grabbed a dry towel and started wiping the soaked water from his arms and head and then drank some water to rehydrate himself and his lips.

 

“So thirsty.” He said before taking huge gulps of water. He wiped the powder he had gotten from his mother’s room off his face that he had applied on to make himself look pale. He looked towards his door when he heard footsteps.

 

 

“Yongguk?” His mother’s voice called from behind the door. He quickly jumped back on his bed and rapidly set the bowl of water back under his bed after throwing a wet towel on his face again, making a plopping noise.

He threw the towel on the ground and faked a cough then cleared his throat.

 

 

“What…..” He said in a sickly voice again. “Can I come in?” His mother asked. Yongguk turned his back to the door and sighed.

 

“Yes.” He spoke then the door opened and his mother slowly walked towards him.

 

“Please just stay there and speak if you have anything to say mom. I’m too tired to argue.” His mother stopped instantly and looked down.

 

“We’re…sorry for tricking you like that.” She said in a silent tone, almost in a whisper. Yongguk remained silent, with his back to his mother.

 

“It’s probably not worth saying sorry right now, but I just wanted to let you know that Jieun wasn’t a part of this at all. She was just…there when she wasn’t supposed to be.”

 

Yongguk widened his eyes a bit more and lay silently.

 

“Take a good rest.” She said before stepping out of the room and closing the door tightly. He glanced back at the door, making sure his mother was really out before he quickly read Jieun's text and sat up instantly.

 

                “Yes…it doesn’t matter if you believe me or not. It’s just a good thing you got home safely.”

 

Yongguk glanced at his door once more and made sure it was tightly closed before he quickly wiped his drenched face with a dry towel and got out of bed to open his closet for some nice and dry clothes.

He took his shirt and pajamas off, standing in nothing but his boxers. He lightly smiled and grabbed his phone and text Jieun.

 

“If you’re not lying then go home and pack your bags.”

 

A/N: Hmm... what is Yongguk planning??... Bangsong revenge it shall be!!! Muahaha....

I mean, it's the least Bangsong can do after what their parents did, right?? Kekekeke...

Sorry for being long for so long.... thanks for your patience though!!! <3

Please don't forget to leave feedbacks and let me know how the story's going for yallz!

Until next time, saranghae yerobun!! BBCnTSFAM signing out! PYONG!!~~~