The First Move

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Jieun laid awake in bed that night in Yongguk's guest room with wide eyes opened. She grabbed her phone and quickly text with a smile on her face.

 

“What if Yongguk wants to kiss me?”

 

She laid her hand on her belly, waiting for Hyosung to text back.

 

After a while of waiting and almost falling asleep from tiredness of the long day, Jieun's phone quickly rang in the night.

She picked up instantly without hesitation as if she had been awake the whole time.

 

“Well, you’re already dating so I wouldn’t be surprised if he kissed you. Just kiss him back!”

“But I don’t know how.”

“It’ll come naturally! Stop disturbing my sleep! I’m turning my phone off!”

 

Jieun sighed deeply and turned her body on her stomach, snuggling the soft pillow close to her face, thinking about her leaving back home tomorrow.

============================================

 

Yongguk woke up early to go to the gym and looked in the mirror while fixing his hair in the bathroom.

He wet a white towel and twisted it dry before slipping it around his neck.

 

After getting ready, he walked out of the bathroom and past Jieun's bedroom.

He glanced back at her room and took a deep breath before taking a step back and staring at her door. He raised his hand and slowly knocked on her door gently.

 

“Jieun-ah?” He said silently, glancing down at the living room, noticing that his parents weren’t up yet.

 

“Song Cheon-cheon… I’m coming in.” He whispered and slowly opened the door.

 

He noticed she was still sleeping and rubbed his neck while walking in. She heard him walking in and slowly rolled on the bed to rub her eyes.

 

“Bang Yongguk?” She said with a crack in her voice through a quick yawn. She stretched widely in bed under her covers while he sat down and touched some of the stuff on the side of the bed. She slowly sat up in bed in confusion, touching her hair.

 

“What’re…what’re you doing in here?” She asked puzzled, looking at the time. He looked at her nervously and scratched his head.

 

“You’re leaving today?” He asked silently with his head down, toying with a piece of paper, folding the edges up.

 

“Yes…why?” She asked, slowly wakening now. She leaned her back on the headboard of the bed and placed her hands in front of her. He stood up and set his hands in his pockets.

 

“Nothing, let’s go.” He said while heading for the door. “Go where?” She asked, making him stop. “To the gym. You can leave after the gym.”

 

She got out of bed with another short yawn and her eyes closed, slightly walking over to Yongguk.

 

“No, I’m too tired.” She said with a sigh. She leaned her head down against Yongguk's back and closed her eyes again, making him tense up.

 

“Plus, you woke me up earlier than I planned.” She mumbled with her hand to his waist, grasping his shirt gently. He scoffed and turned around, cupping her face in his hands.

 

“Stop being lazy. Hurry-“

“Fine. I’ll go if you tie my hair for me. My arms are too weak this time of morning.” She quickly turned her back to him and placed her hands on her hips, closing her eyes with another yawn.

Yongguk scrunched his face at the sight of her trashy mess hair, trying to find an excuse to get out of it.

 

“I don’t know how-“

“Hurry! Or I won’t go.” She said quickly. He sighed and grabbed the hair tie on the counter beside the bed.

 

 

 

“What’s there to do at home anyways?” He asked while concentrating on untangling her hair and the band. She shrugged and crossed her arms.

 

“Not much. Just work…and maybe hang out with Hyosung and Gikwang. They’re going back home today too.”

 

Yongguk scoffed and tightened the hair tie before releasing her.

 

“You’re going to be the third wheel?” He asked with a silent laugh. She quickly turned to face him and gave him a smirk. “No… Choi Zelo will come wit-“

“YAH! Stop bringing him into our conversations!” He screamed in anger, gently pushing her head forward.

 

Jieun closed and slowly broke a laugh after looking Yongguk's angry expression over. She slowly ran her fingers along the tangled pony tail he had caused and sighed.

 

 

“Yah…I was just…playing around.” She told him. He took a deep breath and pressed his hand on his forehead.

 

“Well, don’t bring him into the subject anymore when you ‘play around’.” He said in annoyance, mocking her.

 

“Why’re you so worried anyways?” She asked with a confused look. ”It’s not like he’s going to take me away.”

 

He stared at her with a worried look and then sighed.

 

“You never know what he’s capable of.” Yongguk said. Jieun scoffed and looked down just in time for her phone to ring. She picked up quickly after looking at the caller ID.

 

 

“Hi mom.” She said with a cheery tone. “Ohhh…right now?”

 

She looked up at Yongguk who had a concerned look on his face.

 

“Yes…I’ll be there as soon as I can. Okay…bye.” She hung up and cracked a sad smile at him.

 

“What happened?” He asked curiously. “My mom said that she wants to talk to me about something urgent.” She said with a shrug and walked towards her suitcase.

 

“About what?” He asked walking over to her with a hand scratching his back. “I don’t know. She didn’t say.” She said then started to place her clothes into the suitcase.

 

Yongguk sat down on a chair nearby and watched her after a long sigh. She stopped what she was doing and smiled at him.

 

“Can I ask a favor of you?” She asked. He nodded and smiled. “Cook something for me to eat before I leave back. I need to fix myself before I leave anyways.” She said.

 

He squint at her, not wanting to do as she pleases, but smiled with a nod and walked out of her room while she packed slowly, not wanting to leave.

====================================================

 

Yongguk's parents sat outside the backyard in front of their phone on speaker as they checked the door, making sure no one was coming out.

 

“This is the PERFECT time to depart them. They’re starting to get closer than usual now.” Yongguk's mother said with an excited laugh.

 

“Yes. While we speak to Jieun about their engagement party back at home, find some time to speak to Yongguk about it.” Jieun's father said. “Okay, make sure to let us know what Jieun says.” Yongguk's father said with a smile.

 

“Also, how was my Jieun while she was there? She didn’t cause any trouble right?” Her mother asked with an anxious tone. “No!” Yongguk's mother yelled loudly with a laugh.

 

“She and Yongguk spent all the time they could together.” His mother smiled in relief.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jieun and Yongguk walked out after eating her breakfast and saying bye to Yongguk's parents.

 

“Thanks for breakfast.” She said with a smile when Yongguk threw her luggage in the back of her car.

 

“Going to be back soon?” He asked with raised eyebrow. She chuckled and shrugged. “No. I’ll come back after you visit me.” She teased, sticking her tongue out.

 

“Whenever THAT will be.” He smiled and looked down.

 

“Be sure to let me know what your mom talks to you about.” He told her.

 

“Why? What if it’s secretive?” She laughed and crossed her arms. “Doesn’t matter. I’m your boyfriend and I should know anyways.” He told her. She nodded with a chuckle and grinned at him.

 

“Whatever you say.” She told him. He smiled tiredly as she looked at the time, realizing that it was passed the time he usually left for the gym.

 

“Oh, you’re not going to the gym today?” She asked him. “I’ll see you off first.” He had a concerned look on his face as she gave him a puzzled look.

 

“Ah, why so worry?” She asked curiously, smacking his arm playfully. “I’ll get home fine, and I’ll be sure to let my master Bang Yongguk know when I arrive.” She said sarcastically. He smiled sadly and looked down.

 

She smiled and sighed, taking a step towards him while he kept his head down.

 

She quickly grabbed the neck of his shirt with her hands and pulled him down while she leaned her head in. She smiled and pressed their lips together, closing her eyes to embrace the moment.

 

Yongguk widened his eyes in shock, not realizing what's fully happening at the moment.

 

Those soft lips against his' at the moment... are in fact Jieun's...? So soft they made him feel so weak.

 

Jieun backed away but planted another kiss on his lips and after a while of their lips against each other, she slowly backed up and smiled, looking at his stunned and frozen face.

 

Even though it was only a kiss, he felt like all the blood in his body flushed to his face. He felt himself burning up and he didn't know what to do or think.

 

She moved her strand of hair behind her ear and quickly walked towards the driver’s side.

 

“Have fun at the gym and don’t worry. I’ll keep myself loyal to you when I get home.” She said with a scoff and slowly got in her car.

 

He watched her, still traumatized at the kiss she had given him. He stared in awe as she drove away, waving joyfully at him.

 

He slowly waved and then touched his lips with a huge smile on his face when she turned the corner.

 

“Good bye…Song Jieun.” He silently said with joy.

 

A/N: Aw, Jieun made the first move... kekekeke.... poor Yongguk is frozen now! XD

This... isn't REALLY the REAL kiss scene....? This was only a peck one.....

But the kiss scene will be in the future chapters, okay?? So just a couple more to go!! ^_^

Please don't forget to leave feedbacks and let me know how it's going otay???

Until next time, saranghae yerobun! Have an AWESOME DAY!! <3