Distractions

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Youngjae dropped Jieun off at the company and walked with her up to the elevator to her exact location.

“So you must be very familiar with everything here?” Jieun asked, holding her white purse in her hand tightly. Youngjae glanced at her with tilted head.

“Huh?” He asked in confusion, not understanding what she meant. “Well, you told me last time that your line of business was in fashion….right?” She questioned with an odd look. Youngjae shook his head, realizing that fact, and nodded immediately.

“Yes! Yes, you’re correct. Sorry I just…it’s been a long day.” He said with a nervous chuckle. “You don’t work today?” She asked  him. He looked to the ground and slipped his hands in his pockets.

“I have the day off. I kind of wanted to spend it…with you.” He said with an unsure tone. Jieun looked at him with a chuckle and smiled. “Is that an…ok?”

“I don’t know. You didn’t ask me anything.” She said with a chuckle. He smiled at her and leaned his back on the elevator wall. “Will you-“

The elevator door dinged and opened slowly as the manager of the company walked in with a smile when he spotted Jieun.

“Oh! Hey Jieun!” He said in a happy tone and then glanced at Youngjae while the elevator door closed. Jieun greeted him politely along with Youngjae.

“And who is…this?” He asked curiously. “This is…my friend Yoo Youngjae.” She answered with a smile.

“Oh, nice to meet you.” He said with a smile while Youngjae did the same. “So are you two….”

“No! No….” Jieun said instantly, making Youngjae glare at her in an angry way. “We’re just friends-“

“For now.” Youngjae interrupted in annoyance. “Maybe something with spark soon.” He said with a smile to Jieun that scared her a little. She hid her fear away and chuckled nervously.

“No need to be shy Jieun.” The manager said. She smiled and shrugged. “What line of work are you in?” The manager asked Youngjae. Jieun stood up straight and smiled widely.

“My job isn’t very…professional.” Youngjae said with his head down nervously. Jieun chuckled loudly and playfully slapped his arm.

“No! Manager Han, Youngjae is in the line of Fashion as well.” She said with a smile. Youngjae chuckled at her, but inside, he was feeling uncomfortable with the fact that it was just all a lie.

“Oh, is that right?” Manager Han asked in astonishment. “Which company are you with?” He asked with a smile. The elevator door opened as Jieun smiled and stepped out.

“You guys have fun and talk. I’ll see you later Youngjae.” She turned around and walked away. Youngjae tried to follow her but Manager Han pulled him back for some information.

               

Jieun clocked in and set her purse and phone in the locker before leaving. As she was reaching for the door to leave the locker room, she turned back around to her locker and grabbed her phone in her hand.

 

                “I need your opinion on something after I get of work :( “

 

Yongguk read Pucca’s text and then threw his phone under his pillow before getting out of bed and walking to the kitchen to fix something to eat.

He opened the refrigerator and stared at the empty fridge. He sighed deeply when his stomach growled and walked to sit in the living room after taking a drink of water.

He flipped through the channels and came across a dating show.

 

“When you first meet a girl, what attracts you to her most?” The game show host asked. Sitting across from him were 2 girls and 2 guy contestants talking about each other’s lives.

 

Yongguk leaned in a bit and rubbed his chin with his finger.

 

“Her smile.” One of the guys said.

 

Yongguk scoffed with a loud chuckle. “Liar! Her face and body is the most attractive.” He snickered while shaking his head.

 

“Interesting. I find that men rather lust after women on the first glance rather than actually looking into her heart.” One of the women said.

“You’re right, we men DO lust, but not all of us are like that.” A guy said. “The majority of men do this.” A different girl said with a scoff.

“Whether you deny that fact or not, it all depends on you.”

 

Yongguk narrowed his eyes and took a deep breath when they went on commercial.

“Lust?” He repeated in confusion. “I’ve never lusted towards Jieun before.” He crossed his legs and sat back on the couch, resting his back with a confused expression on his face.

The show came on again as he turned the volume up.

 

“What can a man do that you find most romantic?”

 

By this time, Yongguk was so in tune with everything that he sat right in front of the television set as if he was unable to hear a word they were saying.

“Romantic?” He repeated after the host in a questioning tone.

 

“I’ve experienced that even though a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant is said to be romantic, the majority of the time, it’s only done to LOOK good. Something that I find most romantic about a guy is if he knows his partners likes and dislikes and combine them all together into a project. It shows that he actually was trying to do something for you.” One of the ladies said.

“Just something simple to show us that he worked hard to make or do something for us shows so much already.” One of the other ladies answered with a smile.

“I hope you’re all listening to this men.” The host said with a chuckle. “Alright, one last question to both men and women.”

All four of them tuned in, listening to the last question with eager smiles.

“How do you know when you have developed strong feelings for your partner?”

 

Yongguk sat up instantly with almost wide eyes, waiting for their answers. He didn’t realize it, but his hands were in fists, eager to hear their answers with his stance almost in a crouch.

 

“I’ll answer first.” One of the guys said with his finger on his chin, thinking deeply with a good answer.

“Most of the time, love is uncontrollable.” He looked up at everyone who was thinking on their own while the host nodded.

“It’s all a matter of timing and your own sense to realize the fact that your feelings for a person are stronger than usual.”

“How is that feeling like?” The host asked curiously while the same man shifted in his seat and smiled with a shrug.

“Indescribable.” He smiled and looked down as though he was thinking of someone of his own.

 

“Indescribable.” Yongguk repeated with his mouth half opened. “Is that how I am right now? My feelings are….indescribable?” He questioned himself.

 

“As for me….” said the other guy with the same expression as the other guys. “When I first met my current wife, I didn’t know I could ever feel this way. Like how he said, the feeling is indescribable, but I just felt….at ease.” He said with a chuckle.

“Everything finally felt complete and looking at other women brought no sense in me anymore. As soon as I stopped looking at other women, I realized that the women I stare at everyday was, in fact, ‘the one’.”

 

“The one?” Yongguk said with narrowed eyes. “Have I stopped looking at other women?!” He said in almost a fearful tone, knowing that ever since he’s been trying to figure out his feelings for Jieun, he HAS stopped all contact with any other women besides Jieun.

 

“Ladies?” The host asked. One of the ladies smiled and looked up with a deep sigh.

“When you blush every time you mention or hear his name, it obviously means that you have some feelings going on there.” She smiled and placed a finger under her chin while she crossed her legs.

“You always feel that rush of excitement at the thought of meeting him. This feeling is always good, especially if you know he’s expecting you too.” She finished with a warm smile.

 

“Jieun blushes when she says my name.” He said with a half-smile.

 

“Everything you all said are very true.” The last lady who hasn’t spoken yet said.

“But I think that the only way we KNOW that our feelings for a person are sincere, is if we can picture them in our future…forever. Are we able to cope with their flaws? Are we able to forgive them for anything? Are we willing to risk our lives for them?"

The girl shifted in her seat and smacked her lips, scrunching up her face.

"All these answers are based on your feelings for that person and if you answered ‘yes’ to all, then you should know for a fact…that you are in LOVE.”

 

The show ended and Yongguk sat dumbfounded in the living room with all these new thoughts that are now forming in his head.

“Can I picture Jieun in my life…forever?” He said silently to himself. “I didn’t have much of a choice. She HAS been in my life since forever.” He said with a chuckle then leaned his back on the couch.

“Am I able to cope with her flaws?” He questioned himself. He gulped loudly and thought deep and hard with this question.

“She doesn’t….have any flaws.” He said with a huff and shrugged his shoulders.

“Am I able to forgive her for anything?” He sighed and smiled. “I always have.” He said calmly.

“Would I risk my life for her?” He closed his eyes and thought of the moment when he ran after the robber for her purse and got beat up pretty badly.

“Already risked my life before. Wouldn’t hate to do it again.” He said proudly. His proud expression turned in to confusion when there was no other question left to ask himself.

“I… love her?” He concluded slowly in fear until his phone rang loudly. He picked up without looking at the caller. “Hello?”

“Umm…Garu?” Jieun asked. Yongguk's eyes widened and he raised his head up a little to change his low voice.

“Umm…yes it’s me…Garu. Hi Pucca.” He answered in a nervous tone.

“Yeah, did you get my text earlier?” She asked. Yongguk nodded and cleared his throat. “Yeah, I did. How’s work?” He asked.

Jieun sat in a coffee shop by herself, swirling a spoon in her coffee as she took a deep breath.

“It’s…okay.” She answered. Yongguk sat up taller with the tone in her voice and crinkled his forehead.

“Are you okay? What was it that you needed advice on?” He questioned awkwardly, scratching his head.

“Garu… I want to see you in person. This will be easier to discuss in person.” She said in a devastated tone that almost made Yongguk choke.

“Why? Is it that bad?” He asked curiously, not wanting to blow his cover just yet.

“I’m just… so confused and I need a shoulder to lean on right now.”

He could tell by the tone of her voice that she was completely drained.

“The only person I can lean on and talk to right now is… Yongguk.” She said with a sigh. He smiled at the thought.

“But HE is what is causing me all this confusion. Turning to him will only make me even more hurt and confused.” His smile slowly faded at her last words as he took a deep breath.

“I WOULD meet up with you Pucca, but I’m out of state right now and so I can’t. Maybe when I come back, but I think you should just…. talk to Yongguk about your feelings.” He said in a hopeful tone.

“I don’t think he likes me. He’s just going to end up teasing me like usual again.” She said sadly.

Yongguk looked up to the sky and closed his eyes in irritation because that’s what he did in the past every time.

“Okay, I have to go back now. I was only on my lunch. Now I need to call Yongguk to pick me up later but I don’t have his phone number. Maybe I’ll get it from him later.” She said with a light chuckle.

“Alright, bye Garu.” She said before hanging up. Yongguk hung up and then text her before she left.

 

“What time do you get off?”

                “6:30.”

 

Yongguk stuffed his phone in his pocket and sighed deeply at the thought of her asking for his actual number, only to realize that he has been Garu all along.

He tried to keep those thoughts out of his mind until he noticed it was already 4:00 and Jieun is getting out in 2 hours and a half.

 

He planned a couple of things for tonight and before he knew it, it was already almost 6 as he quickly headed towards his car.

 

 

Jieun stood outside of the company in lost and confusion, wandering if she should call Hyosung or Youngjae.

As she was getting ready to dial Hyosung's number, she remembered that Hyosung was going on a date today so she didn’t want to interrupt her.

She stared at Youngjae's number and took a deep breath. She was about to dial ‘call’ when she heard a car coming up behind her and a honk.

She smiled widely turning around and her smile faded when she saw Youngjae stepping out of the car and popping a piece of gum in his mouth.

 

“I thought you could use a lift.” He said while walking over to the passenger side of the car and opening the door for her.

 

A/N: Hehehe... :D Sowie yerobun... it's not Yongguk... Aish, I'm really sorry!!

I had to make Youngjae appear.... BUT WELCOME BACK TO ME!!!

I mean, it's only been like.... 5 days... but that seems long, right? Did youguys miss me?? ^_^

Well, since I've been gona for 5 days, I've been cramming in studying and writing my fanfic!

=.= I can't ever stop thinking about AFF! I HAVE to like, write a chapter for a story EVERYDAY!!

Or I have to come on every day! I'm just so addicted to AFF... AFF is my drug... o.O

Anyways, I've decided to double update today!!!! Because I have SUCH AWESOME READERS!!!

Like seriously!! I can't believe I have such amazing readers and chingus, and saengs here!

Yah! Saranghae yerobun!! And in a couple of hours, I will update another chapter to show my love! <3

I think it's going to be kind of intense.... =.= so yeah... intense Bangsong coming up!!

I have something in mind actually... >:D Muahahaha.... be RIGHT BACK!!! <3333