Playing You

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

"Huh? Are you okay?" Zelo asked with both his hands on her shoulders. She glanced at his hands and slowly smiled, shrugging her shoulders so his hands would fall away.

"Ahhh…sorry…" He said apologetically. "No, it’s okay. I’m fine." She said with a painful and forceful smile.

"You look like you’re getting sick Jieun-ah." He raised a hand to touch her forehead while she moved her head away. "No, I’m fine." She said once more.

 

"Song JIEUN!" Hyosung yelled loudly, walking beside Gikwang. Both their faces were filled with concern and they both seemed breathless as though they had been running around all day searching for both her and Yongguk.

"Oh? Hyosung unnie and Gikwang-ah, is everything okay?" Jieun asked, taking a step towards them before they reached her. "No! Everything’s ALL out of order and not as planned!" Hyosung yelled angrily.

"First off, you disappeared and Yongguk has been searching for you since 2 hours ago! And now he’s disappeared too!"

"Ahhh… Yongguk took my sister back home for some business." Zelo said in disgust.

"WHAT?!" Hyosung and Gikwang yelled loudly. Jieun slouched her back again and walked towards the elevator slowly.

"I guess there’s no need to get my own room now." She said under her breath silently.

 

"Hey Jieun-ah! Where’re you going?!" Hyosung yelled, running towards her with Gikwang.

=================================================

 

Gina smiled widely while Yongguk drove quickly, wanting to get rid of her as soon as possible.

 

"Do you want to go eat first?" She asked with a determined smile. "No. I’m supposed to only take you home." He said coldly with a scowl.

 

The thought of Jieun and Zelo's conversation was still rolling through his mind as he sighed.

 

"I know…but it won’t hurt to have a quick meal-"

"No." He answered without letting her finish. She looked at him with puckered lips, leaning towards him.

"What’s with your attitude Yongguk-ah? Why do you dislike me so much?" She asked with a pout. He scoffed and glanced at her when he parked outside her home.

"Why do you think I hate you so much?" He questioned with a calm look. "Well…you SHOULDN’T hate me because-"

"I hate you because you’re selfish, narrow-minded, and all you ever care about is you…and you." He said with a serious look on his face without yelling.

He was so drained with the day that he didn’t have the courage of arguing with her.

"You can’t change how I am Yongguk, but for you I will-"

He lean towards her, looking her in the eyes as their lips came close to meeting. She froze in place and held in her breath for the first time seeing his face close up.

Her eyes wandered around his face in happiness that this is the moment she’s always been waiting for.

Suddenly, Yongguk reached his hand over and opened the passenger side door while staring directly in her eyes.

 

"I was afraid you wouldn’t hear me clearly." He said in her face. "So I decided to get a little closer and say this directly to you." She nodded and pressed her back against the seat, glancing at his lips and then his eyes.

"W-w-what do….you want to say?" She asked silently. He gave her a crooked smile and relaxed his shoulders.

"I’ll never change my mind about you so don’t waste your time. Get out." He demanded.

Gina relaxed from her tense body and took a deep breath with a sad look on her face. Yongguk moved back into the driver’s seat without looking at her.

She stepped out of his car swiftly and held the door, popping her head back in his car.

"Hey Bang Yongguk…I-"

"I don’t care! Get out!" He yelled with a fierce tone, gazing at her with such hateful eyes that made her close the door immediately. He drove off quickly leaving brake marks on the street.

"I just want someone to love me too..." she pouted with sadness and a sigh.

=================================================

 

 

Jieun was standing outside of Clearwater resort with a warm coat and her leggings with a pair of black high boots. Her white purse was tightly in her hands, supervising the men on taking her luggage back.

 

"Do you really have to go back?" Hyosung asked with a concerned look. Jieun looked at her with a smile and nodded. "Yes…I need to see what’s up with Yongguk." Jieun answered with a sigh.

"I’ve never seen him so mad at me before. Even after all these years of hating and loathing each other, I’ve never seen that look on his face that I saw earlier before." Jieun continued with a peculiarly look. Gikwang stood beside Hyosung and smiled.

"If you need to go, then you should go. It wouldn’t be right if we keep you here." He said with a smile, understanding Jieun's situation.

"Thanks Gikwang. I’m sorry that I can’t stay here with you guys. Even though I’m going to waste my ticket, it’s okay. Finding out what’s wrong with Yongguk is much more important for me right now."

Hyosung nodded and glanced at Gikwang then to Jieun who walked towards the rented car with all her baggage in. She stood at the driver’s side with the car door open.

"Drive safely Jieun-ah. I’ll keep in contact." Hyosung said with a smile. Jieun nodded with a wave and strapped herself in before driving off.

=================================================

 

 

Yongguk drove in silence, trying to listen to the radio and music to keep his mind off of Jieun, but everything that came up, every song reminded him of her.

He angrily shut the radio off and scowled, tightening his grip on the wheels. His phone rang loudly as he looked at the caller and picked up after a long deep sigh.

"Hey, you guys going to the bar tonight?" He answered before letting Himchan speak. "What? Dude, you didn’t even let me speak first!" He yelled with a chuckle. Yongguk remained silent and stopped his car outside of Jieun's house.

"Wait…why do you care? Aren’t you at Clearwater with Jieun?" Himchan asked with a chuckle, snickering to him when he said Jieun's name.

"Let’s go to the bar tonight. 7 pm." He demanded then hung up with a scowl, throwing the seatbelt off and walking into the house with his luggage. His phone rang once more as he halted and answered angrily.

"What?!!! I said let’s meet there at 7." He said sharply. "Why are you always, always yelling!?" His mother yelled on the other phone line. He stood up tall and sighed in shock.

"Oh…sorry mom…I was-"

"Where’re you and Jieun meeting at 7 for?" She asked curiously. Yongguk scoffed and continued walking towards the front door. "What?" He asked.

"Well…you were talking with Jieun just now right?" She asked curiously. Yongguk looked around and shut his eyes tight. He didn’t want to tell his parents that he had ditched Jieun or else he’d be in huge trouble.

 

"Yes, I was talking to her." He lied while he took his shoes off and locked the door. "She just keeps forgetting all these little things that I have planned for her."

"Oh?! What do you have planned?!" She yelled excitedly. "I’m not telling you mom." He said, faking a laugh. His mother cleared on the other line and smiled.

"Guess where I’m at right now." She said with a funny tone that made him chuckle a bit, forgetting all his worries.

"Where?" He questioned. "Paris." She said with a chuckle. "I really want you and Jieun to be here! Get 2 flight tickets and be here tomorrow!" She yelled excitedly. Yongguk narrowed his eyes and bit on his lips.

"No mom. We’re still…having too much fun in Clearwater right now. Paris sounds great, but Jieun doesn’t want to waste the ticket." He said while sitting down on the couch.

"Are you sure? We’re going to spend the month here." She said with a smile. Yongguk nodded and pursed his lips together. "You guys have fun mom. Send me pictures too." He said with a smile.

===============================================

 

Jieun arrived at her home and looked around the empty area with confusion.

"Where is he? Did he not come home?" She asked herself and got out of the rented car. She grabbed her keys, leaving her stuff in the rented car and headed towards the door.

 

As she entered, a tiny smile came across her face when she noticed Yongguk's scent lingering in the room.

 

"Where is he?" She walked around the living room and kitchen and then to his bedroom. She sat on his bed and took her phone out with a sigh, seeing that it was dead.

"Dang it... I didn't charge it yet." She mumbled then headed out.

 

She got into her car again and charged her phone while driving off.

 ======================================

 

 

 

 

"Hello?!" Himchan yelled from the other line of the phone. There was loud blaring music on his line as Jieun squint her eyes and moved the phone farther away from her ear.

"Him-Himchanie?" She asked. "What?! Jieunnie?!! I can’t hear you! Who is it?!" He yelled loudly. Jieun sighed and shut her eyes tight. "Never mind…I was just looking for Yongguk but I don’t think-"

"Hey BANG YONGGUK! Get down from there!" Himchan yelled loudly. "Yah, go get him!" Jongup yelled. "You! I’m on the phone! I’ll come in a bit." Himchan said.

"Hyung! You're embarrassing us right now!!" Daehyun yelled with worry, trying to get him off the table.

 

"Yongguk?" Jieun repeated, still on the line when she heard Himchan say his name. "Yah, Kim Himchan! Where are you guys?!"

He hung up on her by accident making Jieun slouch her shoulders in confusion.

 

Himchan slipped his phone in his pocket and jogged towards the bar counter where Yongguk was standing.

"Who NEEDS girls right?!" He yelled loudly with a huge beer bottle in his hand. He was obviously wasted and drowsy with the sleepy look on his face.

"They’re USELESS!" He yelled louder, making most of the women glower at him.

"Hyung! Hurry and let’s get out of here." Jongup said when Himchan finally reached them. He had a huge scowl on his face while Himchan tugged Yongguk down.

"Why?! I’m still toasting-"

"Hey! What the hell happened with you?" Daehyun yelled loudly, dragging him out with Himchan and Jongup. People were giving them corner-eyed looks and an angry glare.

"You’re making us look bad here hyung." Jongup said in a whisper, looking around nervously.

They finally made their way outside as Yongguk slurred, laying his head on Himchan's shoulder after having it bob everywhere. Jongup's phone rang as he picked up.

"Jongup?" Jieun asked. "Oh Jieun-ah…" He said uncertain. "Uh, what happened to Yongguk? He-"

"Where are you guys right now? I called Himchan and he kept yelling and yelling." She said in confusion. "I don’t understand what’s happening."

"I don’t know what happened to Yongguk hyung but as of right now…." Jongup glanced at Yongguk who was now lying on the floor with Himchan trying to get him up.

"He’s totally lost it. Plus, what happened to Clearwater???" He asked in confusion. Himchan looked up at Jongup.

"I-Something…happened so he bailed." She said nervously. "I came back to look for him."

"Something happened so you guys bailed??" Jongup asked. Himchan squint his eyes in confusion and looked down at Yongguk.

"What could've happened?" Daehyun asked with confusion. Himchan shook his head and took a deep breath.

"Yes…but where are you guys? I need to talk to him."

"Talk to him when he’s sober. We’ll bring him home or did you want to come pick him up?" Jongup questioned. "I’ll come. Where are you guys?"

 

Jieun was already in her car, almost at the bar already after trying to look everywhere for him. "We’re at-"

"Never mind I see you guys." She hung up the phone and parked the car on the side of the road. She got out of the car and looked at Yongguk with a pitiful look on her face.

 

 

"Oh? How did you get here already?" Himchan asked in confusion.

"What happened to him?" She asked in a quiet tone, staring at Yongguk oddly.

"That's what WE want to know." Daehyun mumbled with worry.

 

She’s never seen him so drunk at all in all the years that she’s seen him.

The scary thing was he never got drunk. However mad or frustrated he was, however much he drank, he never got this drunk.

 

Jongup, Daehyun, and Himchan both turned to look at him with a long sigh.

 

"Whatever it was, it must’ve been really bad. I’ve never seen him this bad before." Himchan said shaking his head and crossing his arms.

 

Yongguk was now standing against a tree, knocking on it as though it was a door. He laughed and fell onto the ground with his arms and legs wide open in relaxation.

 

Jieun slowly walked towards him with a worried look.

"Bang.... Yongguk." She said silently. Jongup and Himchan stood back and watched them. Yongguk slowly rocked his body and head without opening his eyes.

"Bang Yongguk." She said in a louder tone, gently kicking his arm with her heels. His eyes slowly opened as he looked up at her blurred face.

"Maybe we can just take him home for you Jieun. I don’t think you’ll be able to carry him inside. And with him like this, I don’t want anything bad to happen to you." Jongup said while they both walked towards her and Yongguk.

 

"Huh? Song…Cheon-cheon?" Yongguk said pointing his fingers at her. She stared down at him without speaking.

"How did you get here, you stalker? Did you follow me?" He asked, looking up at her with an amused look and trying to get up from the ground.

 

"What’re you doing Yongguk?" She asked in confusion. "What am I doing? This…is what YOU did to me." He said with a chuckle, pointing to himself as he tried to walk but stumbled. Himchan and Jongup caught him slowly and walked him towards Jieun's rented car.

 

"Yah, I gotta go, man. My mom's calling me. Let me know what happens." Daehyun said then left.

 

"You made me do this." Yongguk said quieter, closing his eyes.

 

Himchan and Jongup pushed him into the car while Jieun got to the driver’s side.

 

"Thanks you guys." She said gratefully.

 

"Please take care. He’s drunk so don’t mind the things that he says." Jongup said. "And if anything out of the ordinary happens, call us immediately." Himchan said with a smile.

"Drive safe and we’ll check up on you two tomorrow." Jongup said with a worried smile.

 

 

 

 

Jieun drove the car slowly while glancing at Yongguk in sadness.

"What happened?" She said silently, trying to think of what she did wrong. "Does he think that… Zelo and I like each other?" She said with a confused look.

"He DOES know that Choi Zelo's younger than I am, right???" She said shaking her head.

 

After a while, she glanced back at him and smacked her lips.

"What really happened?" She was getting angry with her unanswered questions as she pressed harder on the gas pedal.

 

"Why?" Yongguk said with his eyes closed, crinkling his eyebrows. Jieun glanced at him and tried to focus on driving.

 

"Why did you let me hear what you…said to…to Zelo?" He asked while Jieun reached their house and stopped outside, staring at him in confusion.

"Say what?" She asked quietly, unsure if he had heard her or not. "I thought you…you were supposed to like me back Song JIEUN!" He yelled, tossing and turning in the seat. He laid eyes on Jieun's shocked expression and pointed at her.

 

"Who are you? Why’re you blurry?" He asked with a chuckle, trying to reach for her face.

 

Jieun got out of the car with a deep breath and opened Yongguk's side of the door. He tried rolling out of the car but got caught on the seatbelt.

"Aiya, I’m stuck." He said then chuckled. She sighed and leaned over to take it off. He remained still while she unbuckled him.

 

"You smell like sweat." He said with a laugh, his nose brushing her shoulder. "That’s because I was chasing after you all day, pabo." She said in annoyance and tried pulling him out. He stayed put, leaning the side of his face on the comfortable seat.

"Why were you chasing me?" He slurred on the seat. "Because I was worried." She told him looking into his eyes.

"I thought something bad happened to you." She said fixing his shirt that was pulled up from their struggle, showing his waist. He looked up at her with a tired look as she grabbed his arm again.

"Hurry, let’s go home." He slowly got up and put an arm around her shoulder while she kicked the door close and pulled him into the house.

 

After she closed the door and turned to face him, he threw his whole body on her and hugged her close. She nearly fell onto the ground along with him but she held him up by wrapping her arms tightly around him.

"Yah…." She said nervously looking at his neck. "I hope you didn’t mean what you said earlier." He said with his face buried in her neck. "Please…tell me you didn’t mean it."

"What’re you talking about?" She asked in confusion trying to pull him off her. His hold was too tight it started to become hard for her to breathe.

"Please…just…stay with me…Jieun." He said as she felt her neck starting to get wet. She realized that he was crying and pulled him away a bit to look at his face.

She cupped his face in her hands and looked at him with a worried look, seeming as if she was going to cry with him too.

"Yah, Bang Yongguk. Of course I’ll always be here with you and for you. I should be the one asking you that. You’re the one who…kissed Gina. Tell me what’s going on with you?" She asked quickly wiping his tears away.

He started to walk away from her after moving her hands off his face and walking towards the living room.

"Please….just stay…with me." He said quietly before letting his body fall onto the couch.

=====================================================

 

 

Jieun rolled on her bed the next morning and gasped when she remembered Yongguk was drunk.

She ran down the stairs without fixing her hair or clothes then opened his bedroom door forcefully. Her eyes widen as she spotted Yongguk sitting on his desk chair, reading a book intently. She looked at him with shock and astonishment.

 

"Why-you-you-are you okay Bang Yongguk?" She asked, pointing at him. He turned to look at her with that same serious and conscious face he had.

"Yes…why?" He asked, not looking at her. "You... you’re not hung-over?" She asked in a nervous tone, tilting her head to the side. He stood up and walked towards her with a smile and shrug.

"How can I be hung-over when I was never drunk?" He asked while walking by her. Her eyes widen and her shoulders slumped deeply thinking of all they said to each other yesterday. Yongguk chuckled silently as he looked back at her.

"I got played?" Jieun thought to herself.

 

 

A/N: Keke... Yongguk fooled you all!!! He was never drunk the previous night... hehe....

I know... it's getting better right?? Hehe... I mean, I DID say I'm not a fan of drama....

And especially after all those comments about hurrying it up... kekeke.. HERE IT IS!!

I hope you all loved it!!! I'll try to add in more fluffy moments now, okay?? Kekekek...

Oh, and I know I said I'll update on Friday... but I mean.... what's so bad about an update on Thursday?? Kekeke... the earlier the better, right?? Haha....

Otay, I'll see yallz tomallow!!! Until next time, saranghae!! <333