Because of You

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Yongguk and Gikwang were setting the luggage in a cart to bring up the ladder while Hyosung went to get them some food to eat.

 

“Hey, what’s going on with you and Jieun?” Gikwang asked while they waited in the elevator. Yongguk shrugged in annoyance and sighed.

“There’s nothing wrong with me. The question is…what’s wrong with HER?” He said in frustration.

“I don’t blame her actions…” Gikwang told him. Yongguk glared at him, knowing that he wasn’t on his side.

“If Hyosung kissed another guy, I’d be pissed as well.” He said with a chuckle and pulled the cart out when the elevator opened. “Hey! I didn’t-I-“

He sighed in anger and scowled deeply, pushing the cart by kicking it with his foot. He huffed out his breath and tensed his shoulder.

He was angry with the fact the Gina lied about them kissing and the fact that Jieun and Zelo had something going on, or so it seemed.

 

 

Hyosung walked back into the resort after buying them some fast food for 4 with a smirk on her face.

 

“Hey, where’s Jieun's stuff?” Gikwang asked in confusion, looking at the bed where Jieun's clothes were previously left. “Who knows…she probably just put them away.” Yongguk said carelessly, setting their luggage on the ground.

“What’s with ALL these baggage too?!” Gikwang asked, setting Jieun's last bag onto the ground, breaking a sweat. Yongguk shrugged and sat on the bed with a grunt.

“You have no idea what I have to go through. Even though I’m living with her in her house as the guest, I always feel like it’s my responsibility to take care of her.” Gikwang chuckled and handed him a water bottle from the side of the counter.

“Well, that’s because you’re the man of the house now since her parents aren’t there. Of course she’s going to rely on you. That’s how all girls are.”

Yongguk gulped his water down and nodded. The door to the room opened as Hyosung stepped in with a smile on her face.

“I got our lunch!” She yelled with laughter. Gikwang walked towards her to grab a few of the items with a chuckle.

“Are you that hungry? What’s with the huge smile?” He asked while setting the food down with Hyosung. She set her bag down and sighed in relief.

“I haven't eaten the whole day!!” She said. Yongguk looked at her and scoffed.

"Yah, where's Jieun? Call her and tell her to come eat." Gikwang told her. Hyosung shrugged her shoulders and scoffed.

"She can come in a bit. She's probably still busy talking with Zelo..." she said carelessly. Yongguk shot a look at her and glared away with annoyance.

 

“I’m going to go look for Jieun.” He said before leaving the room. Gikwang and Hyosung looked at each other with wide eyes, wondering if they should be doing the same as well instead of eating their hearts out.

====================================================

   

Jieun sat at a designated place and took a deep breath, placing her elbows on her knees and resting her head in the cup of her hands.

She thought back to when Yongguk and her argued, but then she thought back to what Gina told them as well.

She groaned and rubbed her eyes with frustration, taking her phone out.

 

 

Yongguk walked around the Resort, trying to search for Jieun with squinted eyes. He watched through every corner he turned to and sighed with annoyance.

“Where is she?” He said in a whisper to himself. He grabbed his phone and narrowed his eyes when it rang.

“What Zelo?” He answered coldly. “Hey, where’s Jieun?” He asked curiously, making Yongguk scowl in anger.

Everything he saw earlier came rushing through his head again and he became furious, but since he's calling her, then that must mean Jieun's not with him.

He smiled at the thought and coughed, looking away with no expression again.

 

“I don’t know. Why?” His voice sounded careless and it was obvious that he didn’t want to speak to Zelo at all. “Well…I wanted to…ask her to have dinner wit-“

“Ahhh….Ahhh I can’t hear you anymore. Pshhhhhhhh!!!!…..” Yongguk made fake static and loud noises with an angry expression on his face and then hung up. He threw his phone on the passenger side and took a deep breath.

“This is bothering me too much.” He said in anger.

 

Zelo smiled when he saw Jieun turning the corner from the small store they had there. Jieun touched her phone and rubbed her finger over the call number to Yongguk's phone.

She took a deep breath but looked up with shock when Zelo called her name.

"Jieun-ah!" He yelled loudly, putting his phone away. Jieun gasped and accidentally clicked the call button without realizing it, she put her phone back into her bag.

"Oh, Zelo-ah..." she said with a smile.

 

“What? Where are you?!” Yongguk yelled angrily on the other line.

 

"Jieun-ah, can I talk with you about something?" Zelo asked. She widened her eyes and nodded as they both sat by the side.

 

"Jieun-ah?" Yongguk called her name again with annoyance that he's not responding to him.

 

“I know that you and Yongguk are really close...." Zelo said with a smile, making Jieun stop whatever she was doing immediately.

 

Yongguk became silent on the other line and listened, driving slower.

 

“Yeah.... you can say we're pretty close.” She said sharply.

"Why do you still like him so much if he's such a jerk to you all the time?" Zelo asked her. She chuckled and shook her head.

“I do NOT like Bang Yongguk!” Jieun yelled loudly and rapidly with a laugh, making Yongguk hit the brakes on his car instantly with wide, bloodshot and shocked eyes.

 

"Yah, don't lie. I can see the spark whenever you two look at each other." Zelo continued with a sad sigh. "No. I really don't.... I mean... we don't..." Jieun said, even though she didn't know what Yongguk was really feeling.

“Oh yeah? What is he to you?” Zelo asked curiously with a spark of hope. Jieun looked down, trying to find the right choice of words to speak.

She didn’t want to admit that she was attracted to Yongguk.

 

On the other line, Yongguk sat dumbstruck, waiting for what Jieun was going to answer with.

               

“Yongguk is just…" Jieun said taking a deep  breath, trying to think right.

"He... he’s just…like a brother to me.” Jieun's head was low and her eyes were shut tight while she spoke.

 

Suddenly, the phone line went dead and Yongguk scrunched up his face with confusion. He tried calling the number again, but her battery had died.

He took a deep breath and leaned back against the driver's seat with a scoff and deep sigh, realizing that Jieun only thought of him as an older brother the whole time.

 

"So, now, there's nothing...?" Zelo asked her again. Jieun smacked her lips and shook her head.

“I mean, that’s what I thought for a while.” She added quickly, making Zelo look at her in amusement.

 

 

Yongguk had his luggage in his hand and had a look on his face that made everyone fear him.

 

“Bang Yongguk? You’re leaving too?” Director Choi asked from behind him. Yongguk quickly changed his angry appearance into politeness in an instant.

“Oh? Yes Director Choi. What do you mean by ‘too’? You’re… leaving too?” He questioned.

 

Just then, Gina came out of the elevator with her huge bag by her side, escorted by a man working for them.

 

“No, not me. Gina has something to do back at home so I’m bringing her there and then I’ll be back.” He said with a smile. “Why’re you leaving?”

“Ahhh…nothing. I just…I’m starting to get a cold so I just want to go back home and get a bit better. I don’t want my parents to see me in such horrible state of health.” He said cleverly.

“Of course.” Director Choi said. Suddenly, a lady working in the resort walked towards her with a fearful expression.

“Director Choi, sorry for interrupting your conversation but there was a problem with a customer about her rooms. Unfortunately, she was here a couple weeks ago and she stated that she had left her purse in there, along with all her passports and wallets.” She said with her head down respectfully.

“I can’t deal with this right now because I’m taking Gina back.”

“I know, but I-“

“No, it’s okay Director Choi. You just do your job and I’ll bring Gina home.” Yongguk said with his head down in polite. Gina looked at Yongguk with wide and joyful eyes.

“Really?!” She yelled in a screeching and excited tone. “Are you sure?” Director Choi asked. Yongguk nodded and tried to crack a smile.

               

As Yongguk and Gina walked out of the resort, they came in contact with Jieun and Zelo. Yongguk sighed at Jieun the moment he laid eyes on her and bumped her shoulder in anger while walking by.

“Bang Yongguk?” Jieun asked in confusion, wondering why he was being so mad at her still.

 

“Hello Song Jieun, Bang Yongguk and I are leaving back home…TOGETHER. See you in a week.” Gina said with an excited tone and followed Yongguk, who never turned back to glance at her.

Jieun stared at them strangely and felt her eyes drooping into sadness seeing Yongguk's back to her.

 

“Huh? Why is Yongguk doing this?” Jieun thought with a painful expression.

“And why is he leaving with Gina? Could it be that he…really DOES….like her and was just playing me?” She thought as her lips started quivering.

 

She watched as Yongguk turned to glance at her, just making sure if she would come after him.

Just one little step and he would automatically be willing to run to her, caress her, and make her clarify why she and Zelo were together and what they were talking about earlier. He’d make her clear up her feelings towards him.

His fists were tight and Gina was already sitting down in his car. Jieun bit her lips knowing that she wouldn’t let him leave so easily. She was about to take a step until someone spoke.

 

“Song Jieun! Let's go get something to eat together!!” Zelo yelled loudly with a huge smile on his face. Jieun stared at him for a split second and then turned back to look at Yongguk.

Her face saddened as his car already vanished without her even realizing it. She slumped her shoulders and pouted her lips with her head down.

 

A/N: OKAY!! HATE ME ALL YOU WANT!!! :( I'M READY FOR THE COMMENTS!!! >.<

I'm just kidding... you guys still love me after all that... right???

Sorry I had to make Zelo so annoying… Zelo baby, Saranghae though…

Plus, it makes the story that more interesting.. right?? So it's a good thing... right??

Sorry for torturing you all from this chapter, but... please bear with it longer okay??

I promise everything will get better... :/ REAL soon!!! =.= Until next time!! Saranghae!! <3