Telling You

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

“Oh, Youngjae-ah. It’s you.” Jieun said nervously when she found out the person who was picking her up was just him.

“Why? Did you want someone else?” He asked.

“Yeah.” Jieun thought to herself. She chuckled a little and nodded her head.

“No, you didn’t have to Youngjae.” She said with a chuckle when he shook his head.

“No, I wanted to treat you to some dinner anyways.” He said with a smile. She sat down while he closed the door shut and then jogged slowly towards the driver’s side.

Jieun smiled at him when she noticed him glancing at her. He started the car and they drove off towards Jieun's favorite noodle shop.

 

 

Yongguk arrived at Jieun's workplace at 6:45 and assumed that it was going to take her a while before she got off work.

He sat outside in his car and glanced at his watch for about 15 minutes and then decided to walk in after not seeing any sight of her. He sighed deeply and smiled when he entered.

 

Everyone in the company knew him so he blended in well with everyone and everything. He knew exactly where everything was and didn’t have a problem going through security.

“Hi Bang Yongguk.” Manager Han said with a smile as he came out of the elevator with Yongguk about to go in.

“Oh, hi Manager Han. How are you?” He asked with a polite greeting and a smile. “I’m doing great…and how are you?” He asked in return. Yongguk scratched his head with a smile. “Could be better.” He chuckled while Manager Han smiled.

“Have you seen Jieun around?” Yongguk asked. Manager Han’s smile slowly faded when he looked around the area and then took a deep breath.

“She left already.” He said with confusion. “But I saw her with a strange man earlier. I need to talk to you about that.” He said. Yongguk looked at him with narrowed eyes and nodded.

 

 

Manager Han and Yongguk sat in the company lunch room while food and drinks were being professionally served to them.

As soon as the woman finished pouring their wine and served their lunch, she smiled and slowly walked away to give them their privacy.

“So is everything okay?” Yongguk asked curiously. Manager Han took a tiny sip of his drink and sat up taller after a sigh.

“I know that I’m not supposed to judge whoever boss’s daughter is around.” He said with understanding. “But just this time…I’m going to have to say something about it.”

Yongguk sat still and paid attention to what Manager Han was going to say.

“Is there some… chemistry going on with you and Jieun… finally?” He asked. Yongguk looked up at him instantly and nearly choked on his wine.

“What? No….no…” he said with a nervous chuckle. “She’s just…she’s under my hands for a couple months so I just have to look out for her.” He explained, covering his feelings cleverly while Manager Han chuckled and shrugged.

“Sure.” He said with a smile and got quiet again.

“Do you know the man that Jieun's been hanging around with?”

“Who?” Yongguk questioned, making sure that she wasn’t seeing more than one guy that he didn’t know of. He felt a sense of jealousy rush through him as his jaws flexed.

“Yoo… Yoo Youngjun? Yungjung? Youngjae?? Something like that...” Manager Han answered with an unsure tone as though he didn’t remember his name well. Yongguk relaxed a little and sat back with crossed arms and a smirk on his face.

“Oh…yes. Yoo Youngjae. I know him.” He said with a chuckle.

“He and Jieun were little lovers in the younger years.” Yongguk said while sipping on his wine.

“That was a long time ago though.” Yongguk added.

“I don’t know…he just seemed like he didn’t know what he was talking about.” Manager Han said with concern. Yongguk leaned in a little and crossed his arms.

“What do you mean?” Yongguk asked, getting so curious now, feeling happy that Manager Han was able to recognize Youngjae's abnormality even without knowing he was a drug dealer.

“He told me he was in fashion business.” Manager Han said with a finger to his chin and his eyebrows narrowed. “But when I started asking him about the latest trend and fashion, he knew nothing about it. He chose not to talk about it.”

Yongguk remained silent and quietly smiled from the inside knowing Youngjae's lies.

 

“Jieun told me he was in fashion business too. I don’t believe him though.” Manager Han said tilting his head.

Yongguk grabbed his drink and sipped it with a quick swallow when Manager Han looked up at him.

“Why do you say that?” He asked. Yongguk shrugged and slowly stood up with a smile. “It’s a long story.” He politely left after saying goodbye, leaving Manager Han astounded and confused.

================================================

 

Jieun and Youngjae ate silently at the noodle shop with quick glances at each other. She rapidly finished her noodles and then set her chopsticks down.

“Why is this feeling so awkward?” She thought with a chuckle when Youngjae looked up at her and smiled.

“I’m just…thinking.” He finally spoke. Jieun leaned in closer curiously and squint her eyes. “About what?” She asked curiously, making him chuckle and tense his shoulders.

“About where we should go after this.” He said looking down embarrassed. Jieun moved back a little in shock and smiled looking down.

“Oh….I assumed you were just going to take me home.” She said with wide eyes at him. She saw his face sadden a little and looked down, afraid to hurt his feelings.

“Did you…. want to just go home?” He asked sadly. Jieun looked up at him and nervously chuckled, rubbing her neck.

“Well…I wanted to…check up on Yongguk because of what happened this morning.” She looked down before the last few words. She saw Youngjae forcefully set his chopsticks down in his bowl of noodles.

“Why do you care for him so much?” He asked, in almost an angry tone that made her look up at him rapidly. “What?” She asked in confusion.

“You make it seem like you’re both more than just….” His hands were gesturing and his eyes wandered with shrugged shoulders while she stared at him with narrowed eyes.

“You guys HATED each other since you were young.” He leaned closer to her with a louder tone of voice.

“Well, we’re not YOUNG anymore. We’re both more mature now and know right from wrong.” She said in a sharp tone, making it clear that she was unhappy with him. He looked down while she kept her stare on him.

“Yongguk is a guest in my home and it’s my responsibility to know that he’s okay.” She said in a calmer tone.

“You don’t NEED to Jieun. He’s a grown man!” He said with an annoyed chuckle that made her stand up quickly.

“I DON’T CARE Youngjae!” She yelled loudly. “Yongguk and I are in a deeper level in our relationship now and I’m starting to….to….” she looked around nervously not realizing what she was about to admit.

“To what Jieun? You’re starting to…like him? Huh?” He questioned, standing up to level up to her.

 

“Hey Pucca…how’s work?”

 

Yongguk smiled after sending the text and then took a deep breath, waiting for her to reply back, hoping that she wasn’t running into trouble.

 

 

Others were staring as Jieun grabbed her bag and turned to say sorry to the people around them.

She ignored Youngjae and walked out of the noodle shop without looking back. He quickly followed behind her with clenched fists and angry fierce eyes.

 

“Pucca?”

 

Yongguk felt uneasy when she didn’t reply back after a few minutes. Usually it’d only take her at least 3 minutes the longest to text him back. He was at home walking back and forth in Jieun's huge home.

 

 

“Hey Song JIEUN!” Youngjae yelled after her. She walked quickly with her head down as Youngjae walked behind her, sprinting.

He was getting breathless and slipped his hand in his jacket for his pack of cigarette. He lightened his cigarette and smoked it.

“JIEUN!” He yelled angrily, his veins popping out of his neck and forehead. She glanced back to look at him and fear overcame her.

 

“Pucca please tell me that you’re ok.”

 

Yongguk slipped on his jacket and the thought of Youngjae hurting her came into his mind. The thought of her feeling fear made himself feel fear of his own.

He grabbed his keys and walked into his car with an angry expression, not knowing exactly why he was angry.

He didn’t know whether he was angry because she wasn’t picking up or because he knew something was going on with her.

               

 

Jieun turned the corner to a building and shook, feeling her legs weakened as the sight of Youngjae came across her mind.

He didn’t seem like the guy she saw a few hours ago. He looked like he lived in the streets, his hair was a mess from all the wind blowing and his collared dress shirt was now wide open with his tank top showing under and his shirt flying.

His mouth was huffing and in the huff of smoke that kept coming in and out of his mouth.

She shook when her phone rang loudly and gently ran when she felt him reaching her.

There were a lot of people around, which made it harder for him to catch her. She looked at the caller and took a deep breath and glanced back before answering it.

“Garu?” She answered with her voice cracking a little from her fear.

“SONG JIEUN! Where are you?!” Yongguk's low and loud voice yelled in the car with anger.

 

Jieun stopped walking instantly when she recognized the sound of Yongguk's low voice on the other line.

Her eyes grew wide and she stood frozen, feeling Youngjae near her with her every breath. Her legs felt frozen with her phone pressed up against her ears in shock.

 

A/N: OHMYGOODNESS!!!!!!!! Spazz attack!!! I think this is like... the WORST cliffhanger YET!

Well, things are gonna get rough........ /sighs/ And  to top off the cliffhanger... I have some news...

So um... I'm kind of like... failing my Chemistry class... so I pronounced myself to go on a Haitus...

I dont know how long it's going to be, but only until I get my grade up.....

I mean, there's like, a freaken exam every other week!!!!!! =.= So I'm sorry for being such a bad author...

But leaving youguys with a cliffhanger AND going on a haitus!!! Please don't hate me!!

I'll try to be back soon after I get all my college classes handled out okay??

Because I really want to do good in college/school for my parents... and myself.... so yeah... =.=

Well, until next time, saranghae yerobun!! Please don't leave me and be back when I'm back as well okay?? :'(

 

BYE YEOM!!!! <3