Awkwardness

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Jieun woke up the next morning in bed tiredly with a painful headache. She kept her eyes closed and sat up in bed.

She glanced at her purse and noticed the two touring tickets in her bag from Youngjae the day before all the chaos happened. She grabbed her phone and dialed a number weakly.

 

“Hello?” Hyosung answered. “Hey, are you doing anything this week?” Jieun asked with her palm against her forehead. Hyosung sighed on the other end and went into silence, making Jieun hear her saying something to Gikwang.

“Is your Gikwang still there?”

“No… he just got here this morning. We’re having breakfast together.” She answered with a chuckle. “Why?”

“Are you free this week to hang out with me?” Jieun asked while moving her blanket from her tiny body and standing up with a deep stretch.

“This whole week? Don’t you have work?” Hyosung asked. Jieun scoffed and chuckled. “I work in my OWN company…I can be absent whenever I want.” Jieun said.

Hyosung chuckled lightly on the other line and then took a deep breath.

“I don’t know Jieun. What are you up to?” Hyosung asked. Jieun bit her lips and hesitated, not wanting to tell her about Youngjae.

“Well…I got 2 tickets for a tour this week and if I don’t use it now, then my chances are ruin. I want you to go with me unnie.”

There was silence on the other line so Jieun knew that Hyosung was going to refuse her.

“Jieun-ah, I really want to go with you. But Gikwang and I are just a new couple…and I don’t want to-“

“Whatever unnie! I’ll just go alone!” Jieun yelled in a teasing tone. She felt disappointed, but at the same time, she understood Hyosung's strong feelings towards Gikwang.

Hyosung chuckled on the other line and then sighed.

“Hey…ask Yongguk to go with you.” She said silently. Jieun chuckled not believing what she was hearing. Jung Hyosung, the person that hates Yongguk the most, is telling her to go with him.

“Wow, am I hearing Bang Yongguk's name coming out from Jung Hyosung's mouth without the word jerk with it?” Jieun asked.

“Yah, well, there’s no one else that can go with you. Just ask him. You know you want to.”

Jieun felt a frog in and nervously coughed.

“Why? I don’t want to go on a week-long tour with him. A tour is supposed to be for 2 people that bond well.” She said, trying to come up with excuses.

“Yah, Song Jieun. I advise you to just bring him. You two need some improvement in your relationship.” Hyosung said. Jieun gasped and widened her eyes.

“What relationship are you talking about?!” Jieun yelled through a stutter.

=========================================

 

Yongguk was in the living room flipping through the channels, watching the 'Be My Date' show until his phone rang.

“Hey Himchan.”

“Hey hyung, are you doing anything today?” Himchan asked. Yongguk looked at the clock and then shrugged. “I don’t know yet. Why?”

Himchan cleared his throat on the other end and smiled.

“Jongup and I are going to go to the bar later. Did you want to go with us?”

Yongguk squint his eyes, unsure whether he wanted to go or not. He had been stressing so much about little things that the last thing on his mind was going to the bar. “I-“

He stopped speaking and flipped the channel immediately when he saw Jieun walk down the stairs, staring at him the whole time.

She had on a tired expression and seemed half annoyed, but she didn't move her stare from him.

 

She reached her hand out and handed him a ticket. He stared at it oddly and then back up at her.

“Hey man, I’ll call you back in a bit.” Yongguk said and hung up quickly.

 

“Go with me.” She finally said after he hung up.

“What is it?” He questioned, keeping his eyes on her, trying to read her body language.

He was trying to figure out if she was still mad at him or not, but he came into no resolution.

“Read it.” She commanded and walked towards the kitchen. He glanced at her and then read the ticket.

“Free One Week Tour to Clear Water Resort.” He read silently to himself. “Tour.” He repeated and stood up with wide eyes.

“Hey! Isn’t this Youngjae's?” He asked while walking towards her. She was about to drink her water but then she set it down with a confused look on her face.

“How…did you know Youngjae gave me that?” She asked with raised eyebrow. Yongguk looked down and formed a bubble in his mouth, unsure how to answer her question.

“I…overheard you on the phone.” He answered honestly, thinking back to that, which was the reason why they’re stuck together in her house. She looked down and then sighed with a shrug.

“Hyosung unnie wouldn’t go with me… so she recommended that you go instead. You should feel lucky.” She said while drinking her water, not daring to look at his excited expression.

“Me? Why?” He asked. He was curious as to why Jieun would out-of-nowhere want him to go with her after what had happened last night.

“Because I don’t want you to rot in my house while I’m away.” She said while opening the fridge.

“And you’re my guest so you HAVE to tag along.” She said. Yongguk chuckled behind her and stuffed the ticket in his back pocket.

“Either way, you have no choice.” She said smirking at him. He crossed his arms and watched her with a grin.

“Good excuses Song Cheon-cheon. Good excuses. I see that you’re advancing in your excuse skills.” He said with a huge smile that made her shake her head and chuckle.

He kept his stare on her and wanted to talk to her about last night but he didn’t want to ruin the good moment they were having just yet.

 

“When are we leaving?” He asked curiously. “The day after tomorrow.” She said without a care.

“WHAT?!!!” He yelled loudly with his hands by his side.

 

               

Yongguk sat in his bedroom and called Himchan up with an excited tone in his voice.

“Hey, I can’t hang with you and Jongup this whole week because-“

“This WHOLE week?! Why?” Himchan yelled loudly. Yongguk shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath from the interruption.

Himchan always interrupted his sentences whenever they talked, especially if it was about going to the bar.

“I was JUST about to explain.” Yongguk said through an annoyed chuckle and clenched teeth. “Um…Jieun and I are going on a tour at a resort so-“

“You AND Jieun?! You DO like her huh?! Did you hear that Jongup?!” He yelled loudly. Yongguk sighed hearing Jongup and Himchan laugh loudly on the other line together.

Yongguk shook his head and chuckled when finally realized that he was on speaker this whole time.

 

Jieun sat in her room and took a deep breath, looking through the kinds of clothing she should bring. She grabbed the ticket from her bed and stared at it.

“Free swimming in the beach, pool, Jacuzzi…” she smiled at the thought. “One free hotel for the whole week.”

She set her ticket down with an annoyed expression on her face and sighed deeply.

“Oh great.” She said sarcastically.

 

The last time Yongguk and Jieun had to share a room together, they fought and didn’t get any sleep at all.

 

“Hey cheon-cheon.” Yongguk's voice spoke from outside her door. She looked up and continued looking through her closet.

“What? Just come in.” She said carelessly.

 

They always had no problem barging into each other’s rooms and were too comfortable with each other to care. She took a second glance at him when she noticed he had a sour look on his face.

 

“What’s with the face?” She asked in awkwardness. Yongguk looked down at his ticket and pressed his lips together.

“Do you mind if I… get my own room at the resort?” He asked. She looked at him with a scoff and grabbed a couple clothes, taking the hangers off while she laid them on her bed.

“I don’t care.” She said carelessly. “I was going to get you your own room anyways.” She said. He chuckled at her and then held a serious expression when he saw her grab a bikini from under her drawers.

“Hey, what do you need those for?” He asked, pointing at the white bikini she held up and set in her suitcase. She glanced at him and squint her eyes at her.

“What do you expect me to wear to swim?” She asked in annoyance. He looked down and scratched the back of his head, not sure of what to say.

She looked at him and noticed his nervousness, feeling awkwardness in the atmosphere. She wiped her forehead and coughed to rid the awkwardness.

“Hey, can you go make us some noodles?” She asked quickly. He nodded instantly and walked out of her bedroom with one last glance.

She gave him a quick smile and nodded, turning her back to him. She placed her hands on her hips and took a deep odd breath, tilting her head to the side.

 

A/N: I've been in SUCH a good mood when "Be the Light" came out and I heard Zico's singing...

/sighs/ My day can not be any better... this day is the best ever..... 

So, I made a happy chapter for everyone!! Kekekeke... They GET ALONG AGAIN!! <3333

Now, back to spazzing on Block-B's coming back! The song is a MUST listen, so if you haven't, you should ^_^

Please help support our Block-B boys... Until next time, saranghae yerobun! <3