Avoidance

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Yongguk drove quickly in his car, zooming through the street with his hands tightly holding the wheel of the car with an angry look.

 

“Didn’t you say that you like me huh, Song Jieun? All you talk about is Zelo. Zelo this… Zelo that…everything is about ZELO! What about ME?!” He breathed heavily and stopped at a red light with a deep sigh.

 

“No… I shouldn’t care.” He scowled and looked up, straightening his ahead in confidence.

“I can’t show my weaknesses.”

======================================================

 

Zelo drove while Jieun sat oddly in the passenger side of his car. She was nicely dressed in a long dress with all the accessories she needed to look beautiful. She had a sour look on her face as she held her phone and gulped loudly.

 

“Are you… okay Jieun?” Zelo asked silently while glancing at her. She quickly turned to him and nodded. “Oh…yes. I’m fine.” She said with a smile.

“It’s just that…I haven’t gone on a date in a while.”

His eyes widen and he let out a nervous chuckle.

“Liar…a person like you should have gone to dates every day.” He said without looking at her. She glanced at him with a smile and then looked down at her phone.

 

“Garu?”

 

Zelo glanced at her and then sighed when he noticed she was touching her phone.

“Ahhh…I never got the chance to ask you, but can you give me your number?” He asked. Jieun turned to him with an odd look.

“Why?” She questioned. He looked down and smiled. “Well…I’ve been thinking a lot and I really like you Song Jieun.” He said with a smile.

His eyes were sparkling, making Jieun looked away quickly with a nervous feeling in her heart.

“I want to deepen our relationship.” He added.

Jieun chuckled nervously and was about to speak, but Zelo's phone rang loudly, interrupting her. He smiled at her and answered the phone while driving slowly in the busy street.

 

“Hello? Dad?” He answered with a smile. Jieun ignored Zelo's presence and touched her phone, trying to grab hold of Yongguk.

 

“Yah, Bang Yongguk. Answer me.” She whispered to herself, quietly enough so Zelo won’t hear.

 

 

Yongguk's phone lightened up in his car once more as he glanced at it and scoffed.

“Answer you?” He mocked her with a grin. “How do you expect me to answer you?” He sighed and focused on driving.

 

 

Jieun hung up the phone right in time when they arrived at the fancy restaurant before Zelo could speak at all. He rapidly jogged over to open her door for her and then handed his key to the valet.

“Let’s go.” He said, offering his arm for her to link into. She glanced around nervously and slowly linked arms with him.

 

“Have you been here before?” He asked curiously while they walked towards the door that a man opened for them. “Yes, I have, but it’s been a while.” She said with a smile.

“Really? With who?” He asked nosily. Jieun looked up at him with a weird look, making him nervously chuckle and look down.

“With my parents. Who do you think I came here with?” She asked with a chuckle. He nodded in understanding and smiled brightly.

“I just thought that…maybe Bang Yongguk brought you here before.” He said with a jealous smile. Jieun looked up at him quickly.

“Yongguk? Why Yongguk?” She questioned curiously. He shrugged and smiled. “I don’t know…just a guess since you two seem to be getting along fine.” She looked down and sighed deeply as a lady walked them to their seats.

===============================================

 

Yongguk arrived home after a long day of driving and quickly grabbed his bags, walking into his room. He figured that his parents were near so he didn’t bother to wait up for them.

He lay down on his back and held his phone in his hand with a sigh. He opened up Jieun's number to send a text.

 

“I just got home…” he read it and squint his eyes, quickly erasing the text.

“No, why would she care.” He grinned to himself. “She’s probably having the time of her life with… Choi Zelo.” His eyes narrowed and scowled when he said Zelo's name with jealousy. He dialed a number quickly with anger and sighed.

 

“Hello?” Himchan answered his phone. “Hey, I’m back home. Let’s go to the bar.” Yongguk said quickly.

“Bar? You’re home? Right now?!” Himchan yelled in shock. “Yes…why?”

“Jongup and I are still at my uncle’s house! We’ll be there tomorrow. Hey, you should’ve told us you were leaving so we could’ve gone with you.” Yongguk sighed and rubbed his tired eyes.

“I forgot. Anyways it’s okay. I’m tired too so I’ll just go to sleep instead.” He hung up and looked at Jieun's number, writing out a text.

 

“I’m going to sleep. Goodnight my Pucca…” He looked up and took a deep breath before erasing the text.

“No…I need to stop contacting her.”

=========================================

 

Jieun ate slowly while Zelo finished his food and was already eating his dessert.

 

“Song Jieun, are you really okay? You’ve only been picking on your food.” He told her. She slightly smiled and looked down.

“I’m just… thinking.” She said then kept her head down. “But, I can just eat dessert right now so we can leave since it’s getting late.”

Zelo smiled and nodded for the waitress to bring her the dessert she had ordered before.

 

“Can I ask you something?” He asked silently towards her. She looked up nervously at him and shrugged. “Sure…what?”

“What is…the relationship between you and Bang Yongguk?” He asked making Jieun's eyes widen. Zelo looked at her peculiarly, almost in confusion.

“I saw how you looked at him whenever my sister attempted to go near him and he looks at you the same whenever I approach you. Not only that…but…” he stuttered glancing at her.

“I saw you two come out of the bedroom together just earlier.” She looked down in embarrassment and shut her eyes tight, gritting her teeth together.

"I mean.... I know you already explained things to me when we were at Clearwater... but I really want you to clarify your true feelings to me..." he asked her.

 

“Bang Yongguk and I…” she looked around and bit her bottom lip while Zelo stared at her oddly.

“We’ve known each other for a really long time. And I mean, a really, really long time, which is why we’re so close, like brother and sister.” She told him. Zelo looked at her oddly and relaxed his shoulders.

“But our relationship is quite complicated.” She looked down and rubbed her fingers against each other.

”Sometimes it would seem that we're together because we want to… at other times it would seem as though we’re only together by force. But the majority of the time, it also seems as though we…” she looked up at him nervously.

She opened to speak and continue, but the look on Zelo's face made her stop instantly. She looked down and sighed.

“I don’t want to…hurt you Zelo…I mean, you DID just confess to me.” She said. Zelo smiled and shook his head.

“No…my confession doesn’t matter. It sounds like you’re pouring yourself out at this minute. I don’t want to interrupt you. Say whatever it is that you’d like.” He smiled widely, making Jieun feel odd, but more comfortable. “But…you-“

“Don’t worry.” He said with a chuckle and crossed his arms. He smiled widely and looked at her, motioning for her to continue. She smiled and looked down.

 

“It…it wasn’t long ago that I found out my feelings for Yongguk were developing.” She said. Zelo leaned in and crossed his arms tighter, listening closely. She glanced at him and then out the windows to the dark night in the streets.

“How…did you find out?” He asked curiously. She lightly chuckled and set her elbows on the table.

“We were always fighting, arguing, and always disagreeing. But this started to stop. We started to agree on everything. We even lived in the same home alone and survived.” She chuckled lightly and rubbed the side of her neck while Zelo chuckled silently.

 

“I was confused at first. I thought it was only me though. But I noticed that Yongguk started to speak to me differently.”

 

“Was there something that linked you two together?” Zelo asked peculiarly, really wanting to find out how they started getting along. Jieun shook her head and squint her eyes.

“No….” her voice lingered while she thought. “Oh, wait!” She said with a loud chuckle. “There actually is…” she glanced at Zelo nervously and then shut her eyes tight.

“But it’s too embarrassing for me to say.”

“What? You already told me this much!” He yelled with laughter. Jieun chuckled and shrugged her shoulders, looking around before leaning in closer to Zelo.

He leaned towards her and slightly turned his head so she would be speaking into his ears.

“Have you…ever heard of the dating site “Truelovechat.com”?” She asked with a hopeful, yet embarrass look on her face.

Zelo quickly moved back with an amused look on his face and wide eyes. Jieun stared at him oddly with a peculiar look.

 

“Wae? What…what’s wrong?” She asked nervously. Zelo burst out laughing as she stared at him with a lost look.

“Did…did you say…Truelovechat?!” Zelo asked, trying to calm down his laughing. His face was turning red from laughing so hard and he could barely speak.

Jieun looked down with a fearful look, remembering what Gina told her that Zelo said it was a site for desperate losers. She covered her head and gave him a strange look.

 

“See! I shouldn’t have told you!” She gave him a dirty look and took a gulp of her drink. He calmed down and laughed quietly shaking his head.

“No…no…it was a good thing that you told me.” He said with a chuckle. “Don’t tell me that…that was where you and Yongguk met?” He asked with a look as though he was about to break apart laughing hysterically again.

Jieun pouted her lips and crossed her arms, turning her head away from him.

“Hey!” He yelled with a chuckle. “I promise I won’t tell anyone.” He snickered and rested his head on his arm. She glared at him and then chuckled, knowing that Zelo was enjoying this moment so much.

“Wow... over all the years that I’ve known Yongguk… I always thought of him as a serious guy.” He said with a smile.

“He always spoke so professionally and was always careful of his actions. The last thing that he ever thought of was a relationship.” He said. She stared at him knowing exactly what he meant.

“Yes…I agree with you. He was always serious…too serious actually.” She said with a chuckle.

“And that’s exactly why I want to hear about what you were going to say!” He yelled with laughter.

“Did Yongguk and you really go on the site?!” He asked curiously. Jieun set her cup on the table with a loud clank as Zelo sat up with a smile.

“Yes, we did!” She said annoyingly glaring at him. Zelo tried his best to stop from laughing.

“How??” He questioned. “My friend made me create an account. As for Yongguk…I don’t know-“

“Yongguk heard it from me.” Zelo said proudly, patting his chest with one hand. Jieun looked at him with wide eyes.

“You? Really?” She asked unbelievably. Zelo nodded and chuckled sitting back on the chair.

“I can’t believe that he actually went on the site.” He said with a smile and explaining to Jieun about the situation before.

============================================

 

Yongguk slept soundly after a few hours of arriving home as his phone rang loudly. He tossed and his bed and grabbed the phone.

“Hello.” He answered tiredly. “Sleeping?” Jieun asked with a slight chuckle.

Yongguk opened his eyes widely at the sound of her voice. He lay on his back and rubbed his eyes.

Even though it felt good to hear her voice at the end of the day, he was still made at her for leaving him and going to Zelo.

 

“No…I’m too busy to be sleeping.” He said carelessly. “Oh? Busy doing what?” She asked with a silent laugh.

He looked around and noticed the lights to the hallway switching on. He sat up and walked towards his door to check who it was.

 

“I don’t think that it’s necessary for you to work on this project alone.” Yongguk's mother said worriedly.

“This is something that has to be done on my own. I don’t trust others handling these kinds of situations because I’ll still have to critique the areas anyways. So why not just do it on my own?”

“Do you know how many parks there are in this area?” She asked almost in anger. Yongguk closed his bedroom door with a sly smile and walked back to sit on his bed.

 

“Hey Bang Yongguk! Are you okay?!” Jieun yelled for the millionth time on the other line. “I’m hanging up-“

“I told you that I was busy.” He said while clicking his tongue. “Psh….” Jieun scoffed with a chuckle.

“What’re you so busy with? I bet you were still trying to think of excuses.”

“Who said anything about excuses? I’m helping my dad on a project.” He smiled proudly of himself.

 

A/N: OMO!!! Such a LONG chapter!!!! As always, but WHEW /WIPES SWEAT/

Sorry to stop on such an unexciting part though! But things will happen... obviously... =.=

But a little NoonaxMaknae moment with Jieun and Zelo... kekeke...

I just thought I should add that in so that youguys will know Zelo's letting her go... XD Kinda... :/

Well, I hope youguys enjoyed this chapter!! Hahaha... Please be patient for my next update that will be up soon!!!