All Well Again

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

The next morning, Jieun's and Yongguk's parents along with the neighbor campers, woke up and joined at the campfire.

“Are you guys leaving today?” Sunhwa asked grabbing some sticks from afar. Yongguk's mother nodded with a smile. “Ah yeh... we have to get some things done back at home. Our kids have never been out camping before so this was a great opportunity for them.” She said with a chuckle.

“Ah. I see.” Sunhwa answered with a chuckle. “I want Jun Hee to experience all she can at her young age so Kwanghee and I are traveling around with her.” She added with a smile.

“She’s still so young though.” Jieun's mother said walking towards them with a bowl of water. Sunhwa turned to face her and crossed her arms. “You’re right.” She said with a smile.

“But you’re never too young or old to learn.” She said cleverly.

 

“Good morning!!” Yongguk yelled stepping out of his tent with a huge yawn and stretch. “Ugh! My back is killing me!” He complained silently through his stretch then went to search for something in his bag.

Jieun ped her tent and walked out, struggling to wear her hoodie over her head with her eyes closed tight.

 

“So, what’s up with them?” Kwanghee asked curiously, motioning his head towards Yongguk and Jieun with an awkward look on his face. “We…” he said while glancing at Sunhwa, who chuckled.

“We can’t seem to figure them out.” He said with narrowed eyes. Yongguk's mother and Jieun's mother looked at each other and chuckled silently to each other.

“Neither can we… it’s complicated.” Yongguk's mother said looking to the ground and crossing her arms. Jieun's mother walked towards the campfire as they all followed to warm up and sat down.

“They’re basically like brothers and sisters since they grew up together.” Jieun's mother said poking at the dying fire while Kwanghee and Sunhwa stared at them in confusion.

“They were both born on the same day and all that. What we’re trying to do is…bring them together.” She added with a smile.

“Well, that should be easy then right? I mean…since they know each other so well already?” Kwanghee asked with a chuckle, glancing at Sunhwa.

“It sounds easy.” Yongguk's mother said with a sarcastic chuckle. “But they know too much about one another…they’re basically rivals.” Jieun's mother said with a chuckle.

“Well, that should keep their bond stronger then.” Sunhwa said with a hopeful smile.

 

“Good morning everyone.” Yongguk said with a tired smile, walking over to them. He sat beside his mother and got himself comfortable.

“Good morning.” His mother said with a chuckle while the rest smiled and responded as well.

“Sorry that I couldn’t join you guys last night for dinner.” He said looking to the ground and then back up to everyone. “I wasn’t feeling very well.” He added with a chuckle then looked around.

“It’s okay.” His mother said patting his back. “Jieun did a great job in trying not to burn the fish though.” Jieun's mother said with a laugh.

“No! I didn’t burn anything!” Jieun yelled walking towards them with a scowling face. “My fish tasted great yesterday.” She said sitting beside her mother, gently nudging her shoulder.

“Right?” She asked looking around to everyone, who looked to the ground.

“I’d have to agree. I thought it tasted great.” Sunhwa said with a chuckle, nodding. Kwanghee chuckled and wrapped his arm over his wife's shoulder with a laugh and nod.

“Of course! I love… crispy fish.” He said with a bit of laughter. Jieun nervously chuckled and then rubbed her neck.

“Well, I’ll cook tonight. I’m sure it’ll taste much better.” Yongguk said glaring at Jieun and scoffed with a smirk.

“No!” Jieun said standing up and jumping towards him quickly. Her eyes were narrowed and shocked. “Don’t you remember?! You’ll contaminate-“

She grabbed his hands and stared at them back and forth in confusion.

Everyone stared at them oddly as Yongguk squinted his eyes at her.

“What?” He asked curiously. His hands and wrists were healed and were perfect as before. Smooth, clear, and all the rashes had disappeared.

“Nothing.” She said examining his hands one last time, unable to take her eyes off. “I thought that- I- my- my medication worked?” She asked in a whisper leaning in to him. He looked around with a nervous chuckle and slowly backed his body away from her.

 

“What’s going on here?” Yongguk's father asked walking towards them, along with Jieun's father. “Oh! Making progress?” Jieun's father asked with a thunderous loud chuckle.

Jieun glared at them and quickly moved to sit beside her mother.

“No!” Jieun yelled in panic, stuttering. “Yesterday Yongguk touched-“

“Where were you and uncle dad?” Yongguk asked, changing the subject quickly and standing up politely. “Oh… we went to throw away all the leftover burnt fish yesterday night since we’re leaving back home today.” Yongguk's father said with a chuckle.

“Oh… you two should’ve woken me up to go with you guys.” Yongguk said with a chuckle while Jieun scoffed and stood up.

“No, you seemed very tired when Jieun rushed you to bed last night.” Her father said with a laugh, looking at her.

“What?” Jieun asked with wide, wandering eyes. “Oh…last night…I-“

“Well, I was very tired and she was just… worrying about me I guess.” Yongguk said giving her a sarcastic dreamy look with a laugh. Their parents chuckled and looked them back and forth.

“Who would ever care for you?” She asked angrily, walking towards her tent. “Hurry up and let’s leave! I want to go home RIGHT NOW!” She yelled loudly, entering her tent and cleaning up her blankets and pillows angrily in a rush.

 

“I’ll be home in a few Pucca :) I hope to talk to you soon. I hope you’re doing ok.”

 

Yongguk slipped his phone in his pocket and looked up to the sky with a long sigh.

 

“Wow, this feels so weird. I really wonder if Jieun…. IS Pucca.” He said silently to himself.

=============================================

 

Jieun sat in the car cleaning the screen of her phone while her parents drove home slowly down the steep and dirty, bumpy roads. She sighed deeply and leaned her head back to close her eyes.

 

“Hopefully you don’t think I hate you now Garu.” She thought to herself during the drive back home.

 

Yongguk's and Jieun's mother talked about Yongguk's family spending another night at their house but Yongguk's mother insisted that they’ll crash at a hotel for the night and then come over to Jieun's house for breakfast before leaving.

============================================

 

“Hey, are you coming home today.” Himchan asked on the phone. “Yes, but I’ll be at a hotel tonight and then head home tomorrow morning. Why?” Yongguk asked curiously.

“Jongup and I are thinking about going out to the bar. You in?” Himchan questioned. Yongguk leaned his head on the car seat and sighed, thinking.

               

 

Jieun instantly ran to jump on her bed when she arrived home. She left her luggage in the back of the car, forgetting everything on purpose.

The only thing on her mind was the thought of comfort and charging her phone to text Garu. “Song Jieun! Your luggage-“

“I know! I know! I’ll get them later!” Jieun yelled at the top of her lungs with her eyes closed. “Hurry! I need to vacuum the car! There’s way too much dirt cramped in here.” Her mother yelled loudly.

Jieun gave her phone a last glance and sighed deeply, trotting out of her room and down the stairs to the car.

“Couldn’t you just a rest a bit mom?” She asked in irritation with slumped shoulders. “I mean…we did just get back.” She said tiredly grabbing her bags.

“The sooner you take your bags so I can clean this car, the sooner you get to go to Hyosung's party.” Her mother said with a clever smirk on her face. Jieun's face lightened up immediately and tightened her fists on her luggage.

“What?! Hyosung unnie?! Party?!” She exclaimed with a huge beam of smile on her face. She was smiling so huge that the ends of her lips almost reached her wide eyes.

“When mom?!” She yelled once more. “Get your stuff up and I’ll tell you when-“

“OK!” Jieun yelled, already running towards the house with all her luggage.

There were 2 bags in each of her arms and another bag hanging over her neck. Her mother chuckled and watched as Jieun jumped up the stairs.

“What’s with all the yelling?” Her father asked in confusion, dragging the water hose from the backyard towards the dirt-filled car.

“Hyosung called and invited Jieun to a party later.” Her mother said with a chuckle, cleaning the car. “Oh? For what?” He questioned, spraying the water into a bucket, squinting his eyes.

“I don’t know. She said she couldn’t reach Jieun's phone. She didn’t say much of what the party was for though.”

               

Jieun threw herself on her bed and grabbed her phone quickly with a smile on her face.

As she lit her phone up, her eyes widened with shock. She had over 20 text messages and 9 missed calls.

“Oops.” She said with a slight laugh looking at all the missed calls first. “Hyosung… unnie…and more Hyosung unnie.” She said with a smile.

She opened the text messages and took a deep breath, preparing herself for the tremendous long readings.

“Hyosung unnie…” she said reading the text and laughing:

 

“Party at the bar at 7pm!!!!”

 

Jieun chuckled in excitement and read the next text:

 

“I’ll be home in a few Pucca :) I hope to talk to you soon. I hope you’re doing ok.”

 

“Oh my… I forgot about Garu. He must me so disappointed in me.” She said to herself and read all the missed texts that he had sent her over the week. She smiled so widely and held a hand to her heart.

 

A/N: Sorry I had to stop at such a weird part... :/ Eh.... sowie.... but at least I update... right??

XD Well, I hope this chapter was okay.... and should Jieun find out yet??

Well... find out soon yerobun!!! XD Everyone will be revealed soon!!! XD

If I have time in a bit, I SMELL ANOTHER DOUBLE UPDATE!!!!!! Kekekeke...

We'll see if I have time in a bit after my next clas.. =.= So tiring..... omo.....

Until next time, saranghae yerobun!!! BBCnTSFAM signing out!! PYONG!!~~