Let's Go Camping

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Yongguk's door flew open with his father standing in front of him. He slowly stared at his father and stood up confused.

"What?" Yongguk asked. "You want to go back to visit Jieun-"

"No! Dad please…I want to spend this summer with Jongup and Himchan. I haven’t hung out with them in a long time." He said.

"It’s okay son. Jieun and her family are going camping too. Since you don’t want to go then it’s fine." He said.

"Camping?" He said smiling while his mother turned the corner into his room. "Change of plans! We are going camping!" His mother yelled loudly. Yongguk looked at his laptop and frowned, thinking of Pucca.

"Mrs. Song said they are leaving tomorrow morning now so we can join them." She said excitedly.

"Please tell me there is Wi-Fi at the campsite!" Yongguk screamed loudly in shock.

=============================================

 

Jieun packed her bags happily, stuffing her clothes in it with her teeth slightly biting on her tongue.

"Camping…camping…I love camping." She said with a smile. Her mother walked towards her door and gently knocked it.

"Yeah?" Jieun asked continuing her packing. "Excited?" Her mother asked with her arms crossed. She walked in and sat beside Jieun's soft bed.

"Of course I’m excited mom!" She said happily, looking at her mother. "I’ve never gone camping yet at all because I'm always busy on summers." She said rolling her eyes at her mother who smiled and looked down.

"Well… you’ll have fun. This will be your best first year of camping because a special family is joining us too." She said smiling. Jieun's eyes brightened up.

"Really?! Did you invite Hyosung's family?!" She asked standing with her hands on her mother’s knees. Her mother slowly shook her head no.

"Bang Yongguk's family." Her mother said with enthusiasm.

Jieun's happy face started to slowly frown. Her warm and soft eyes turned into hatred and harshness.

 

"Hi Garu."

"Hey Pucca."

 

Jieun lay on her bed sadly biting her lip.

"Should I tell him that I’m going to go spend time with 'Yongguk'?" She said confused. "He might think that I still like Yongguk." She said shaking her head.

 

"What’re you doing?"

 

Yongguk sighed deeply and ran his fingers through his face with frustration.

"I think I should keep this to myself." He said as he started typing.

 

"I’m going to go visit my friends in a bit, so I'm getting ready to leave."

"Oh that’s great."

"I might be having a guy’s hang out for the week so I won’t be able to talk to you for a week."

 

Jieun slightly frowned and slouched her shoulders. "Aww, jinja…" she said sadly.

 

"This is going to be a long week. It’s funny how I’m going to go visit my long lost friend’s house for a couple days also. So I won’t be able to talk to you too."

"Well…this really is going to be a long week for me."

"For me too."

"Can I ask you something Pucca?"

"Sure I guess."

"Can I get your…phone number?"

 

"He wants my number?!" Jieun said quietly gasping as she covered frozen in shock.

She felt a rush of excitement and fear run through her body at the same time as her mind danced in tangles and circles in her head trying to think of what to say.

"Should I give it?" She thought taking a deep breath with her hand on her chest.

 

"Hmm…why?"

 

"Why?" Yongguk repeated, scratching his head as he slowly typed.

 

"Can I be honest with you Pucca?"

"Yeah?"

"I come online all the time only to check if you’re online. And when you’re not, I usually log out and come back online for a bit to hope that you would come online."

"So you kind of miss me?"

"I guess."

 

Jieun smiled so widely as she took a deep breath and typed.

 

"098-475-6254"

 

Yongguk quickly wrote the number down with a huge smiled.

 

"I’m logging out now."

"Me too."

 

Yongguk smiled happily as he logged out of the site and lay on his back with his phone in his hands.

"For some reason, I’m kind of nervous." He said taking a deep breath as he saved her contact number naming it "Pucca."

 

 

Jieun lay on her side on the bed and stared at her phone, waiting with anticipation. Her eyes were wide opened and she felt her heart thumping loudly as she gulped down her saliva.

Her phone quickly vibrated as she smiled and stared at the unknown number on her phone screen. She read the text:

 

"Pucca?"

 

Yongguk laid his phone on his stomach and waited for her reply, breathing heavily and feeling his heart pounding.

 

Jieun saved the new contact number and named him "Garu". She slowly text back through excited gritted teeth.

This felt so awkward, yet exciting for her as she had a huge smile on her face.

 

        "This is Pucca…Garu? :)"

"Yeah."

 

Yongguk text happily then sent the text.

Jieun rolled into a ball and smiled widely feeling herself warm up. She her lips and held her phone to her chest.

 

        "This feels so funny texting you through phone instead of chatting through the internet :)"

 

Yongguk chuckled and started texting until his door flew open.

"Yongguk dear! Hurry!" His father yelled leaving the door open. "We’re all waiting for you." He said then walked out of the room.

Yongguk sighed and stuffed his phone in his pocket, carrying his luggage out the door.

 

Jieun stared at her phone checking the time each time each minute passed by.

"Oh? Where’d he go?" She whined to herself with pouted lips.

 

After a few minutes of waiting she grabbed her phone and set it in her pocket grabbing her luggage. Her face was filled with sadness as she closed her bedroom door.

 

A/N: REMINDER: Yongguk and Jieun don’t have each other's number personally since they hate each other. They only have it as Pucca and Garu.

 

"Jieun-ah? Are you okay?" Her mother asked curiously walking towards her. Jieun's shoulders were slouched and her lips were slightly pouted like a kid again.

Her mother stared at her awkwardly and tilted her head to look Jieun up and down as she finally looked up and slightly smiled with a nod.

"Yes mom." She said thinking of an excuse. "I just don’t want to leave." She said looking down and checking her phone for a text.

Truth was she really didn’t want to leave because she didn’t want to spend any time with Yongguk. She’d rather spend every hour of her day talking to Garu and finally getting to meet him.

"We’ll be back in a few days-"

"A whole WEEK mom!" Jieun yelled unbelievably with a slight chuckle while her mom smiled and tilted her head.

"And I’m sure I won’t be able to use my electronics at all either." She said holding her phone out in front of her mother’s face. Her phone rang with a text as her mother squinted her eyes reading the name.

"Garu?" She read with confusion. Jieun widened her eyes and quickly pulled her phone back into her chest.

"Who’s Garu?" Her mother asked curiously. Jieun nervously chuckled, ignoring her and ran down the stairs with her bag, happy that he finally sent her another text.

"Hurry mom! Dad’s waiting for us!" She yelled excitedly from downstairs then ran out the front door with a chuckle. Her mother smiled at her bipolar attitude and shook her head with a chuckle.

Yongguk packed all their bags into the back of the car and closed the trunk.

"Yongguk son?" His mother said. He stared at her and brushed the dust from the baggage off his clothes. "Yes?" He answered politely.

"Do you have Jieun's phone number?" She asked curiously, stuffing a couple more bags in the back seat. Yongguk scoffed and sighed deeply with a straight expression.

"No. I don’t have her number and I don’t want it." He said walking to open the back seat of the car after glancing at his father who closed the front door.

His mother took a deep breath and sighed in irritation at his attitude towards Jieun. His phone rang as he read the text after a long sigh:

 

                "I’m leaving right now. I don’t know if I’ll have service to still text :( "

 

Yongguk chuckled and smiled texting back happily.

"Who is that?" His mother asked with her chin up high, staring at his phone while he text. "No one mom." He said chuckling and moving his phone away.

"Stop being so nosy." He said scowling at her.

"Is it Jieun?" She asked curiously with her eyes bright. "No!" He yelled angrily.

"Hurry and get in the car." He said, trying to change the subject. His mother scoffed and watched as Yongguk's father finally made his way to the driver’s side.

"Honey, Yongguk doesn’t have Jieun's number so I had to call Mrs. Song. They said they’re on their way here right now and so we can all just go together since we’re closer to the campsite." She said with a smile while Yongguk's father nodded.

"Well, we’re going to have to wait at least 3 hours before they get here then." He said looking at his watch and feeling his stomach grumbling. He gazed at Yongguk who text diligently.

"Yongguk son, go buy us some dinner while your mother and I go check if we forgot anything else." He demanded while they walked back into the house. Yongguk sat up and scoffed with a gasp.

"Why dad?! There’s so much luggage in the car already-"

"Drive your car then." He said motioning his head towards Yongguk's car. He sighed deeply and covered his forehead. "I would but I ran out of gas." He whispered in annoyance.

 

 

Jieun sat, outstretched in the back of the car with her phone in her hand.

"Song Jieun. Why have you been so attached to your phone lately? Shouldn’t you be planning ideas for us to do at camp?" Her father asked with a chuckle while she scoffed and sat up straighter.

"Dad, you guys always say that I chose boring games. Why not just go hiking?" She asked with a shrug while her mother turned around to glare at her.

"Are you making us go hiking so you can’t tag along?" She asked. Jieun nervously chuckled and shook her head.

"We all know you can’t hike Jieun." She added with a chuckle. Jieun shrugged and continued texting.

 

"Are you ever going to tell me your real name?"

 

Jieun chuckled and bit her bottom lip reading the text message from Garu.

 

           "I don’t know. How about you?"

"Maybe when the time comes. But as of now? Maybe not."

 

She was wondering why he was being so secretive about telling her his name but she didn’t want to tell him her name as well so she decided to go along with it.

Plus, forcing someone is unacceptable and who knows, if she bothers him about it he might just give her a fake name. She smiled with her thoughts and shrugged.

 

          "I’ll say the same too then."

"Pucca…can I hear your voice?"

          "My voice? Why?"

 

Jieun held her phone to her chest and shut her eyes tight with anticipation.

"He probably wants to hear how beautiful my voice is and compare it to my flawless face that he’ll never see yet." She said with a giggle.

 

"Because I’m driving and I can’t text right now."

 

Jieun slumped her shoulders and puckered her lips.

 

      "Just text me when you can."

 

Yongguk threw his phone on the passenger side and watched the road while he drove quickly. He glanced at the rearview mirror and sighed deeply.

"Dang it…too much luggage. Can’t see anything." He complained in annoyance.

He didn’t know whether Pucca’s voice was low, high, or perfect pitched. He was unsure why she was being so secretive. But as the top company owner’s son, he didn’t want to blow his cover just yet.

A/N: Aw... if only Bangsong knows about each other, right??? Kekeke...

Please don't forget to leave feedbacks and let me know how the story's going for you!! XD

Until next time sarang's!!! BBCnTSFAM signing out!!! PYONG!!! BYE YEOM!!! /WAVES/