Lies

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Jieun sat on the couch with a huge blanket covering her with a sad expression.

"I’m not going! You can’t make me!" She yelled covering her face madly. Her mother walked up to her and took a deep breath.

"We let you go out with Hyosung!" Her mother screamed. Jieun looked down guiltily. "But I-"

"Song Jieun!" Her father yelled loudly.

 

 

PRESENT

Jieun walked on the sidewalk in her pencil skirt and blue blouse with her high heels clicking while she walked. She glared at the air and scowled angrilly.

She slowed her walk when she heard a car driving up from behind her. Heading up to her house, she knew the car HAD to belong to Yongguk.

"He better come and pick me up." She thought with an angry expression, but the car passed her by. She turned to look at Yongguk, who had his huge gummy smile on his face, driving by her with a hand waving up to her.

"YAH!!" She screamed loudly. Yongguk continued driving along, ignoring her while she stomped on her high heels.

======================================

 

Yongguk arrived at Jieun's house and knocked on the door until his mom opened the door.

"I’m back." He said walking in. His mother looked around and behind him confused. "Where’s Jieun?" She asked confused. Yongguk shrugged his shoulders and walked to the kitchen to get a drink of water.

"Hi aunt and uncle." Yongguk said drinking his water.

 

"She wouldn’t let me drive her home. She said she wanted to walk back home and catch up on her exercise." He said with sympathy then shrugged his shoulders.

"It’s fine. Our Jieun likes to stay active." Mrs. Song said smiling then Yongguk and his parents joined them in the living room.

====================================================

 

The front door slowly opened and at the doorway stood breathless Jieun, panting with her purse hanging on her hand.

"Are you okay dear?" Her father questioned standing up confused. Jieun slammed the door shut and took her shoes off, throwing them down.

She narrowed her eyes and dropped her purse on the ground by her feet. Yongguk chuckled lightly to himself, trying not to laugh out loud when he saw that her hair was everywhere from the warm breeze.

"Hey Bang. Yong. Guk." Jieun said through gritted teeth, walking towards them. "I-"

"Honey, why didn’t you let Yonguk take you home?" Her mother asked. Jieun froze in place with shock and confusion.

"That was a long walk. You should’ve just come with Yongguk and go exercise some other time." Mrs. Bang said smiling, walking towards her.

"Let’s go get you cleaned up." She said leading her up the stairs. Jieun stuttered and kept her glare on Yongguk angrily.

 

 

Jieun sat in her bedroom after washing up with a towel over her hair to dry it. She pulled out her diary from her secret place and groaned, opening it.

 

A couple more months and I’ll finally escape from this Bang Yongguk JERK for another 5 years. Maybe I should come up with a better excuse so he won’t have to come back here again. I HATE BANG YONGGUK!!! BANG YONG BBANG (BREAD)!!!!!!!! That's all he IS!!! A piece of BBANG!!!!!

-Song Jieun

 

Jieun took a deep breath and quickly closed her diary madly. She set her pen down when a knock was heard at her bedroom door.

"Yeah?" She said sitting up and looking at the door while it slowly opened. "Who is it-"

"Me." Yongguk said peeking his head from the side of the door with a smile. Jieun's expression gradually transformed from calm to anger once again.

"YAH! What are you doing in here!?" She screamed holding her pen in the air, standing up now. Yongguk walked into her room with the door still open and sighed while squinting his eyes.

"I don’t want to be in here either." He said annoyed then scratched his head. "I was told to bring your... dirty trash back to you." He said taking a step outside the door and grabbing her purse and shoes.

"You need to wash your feet Song cheon-cheon (child-like Song)..." he said throwing her stuff on the carpet floor beside her bed.

"Yah! Don’t call me that! Only my parents can! Who gives you the right! And you’re the one who needs to take a shower." She said walking over and grabbing her stuff and setting them quickly on her bed.

She walked to sit at her desk and opened her diary again hearing Yongguk chuckle lightly.

"Are you still writing in that stupid diary?" He asked chuckling and standing by the door. Jieun quickly shot an angry glare at him.

"How do you know about my diary? You went through my stuff?!" She screamed looking around her room quickly. He tsked and shook his head.

"You’re really scatterbrain Song Cheon-cheon." He said shaking his head. "It’s Song Jieun. How am I a scatterbrain?" She asked while holding her diary to her chest. He sighed and stuffed his hands in his pocket.

"Walking all the way home from the park." He said rubbing his chin. "Hmmm, can you tell me how many miles that was?" He said chuckling lightly looking up to the ceiling. Jieun stood up quickly.

"About that… why did you leave me?!" She screamed walking towards him who stood tall. "You were supposed to pick me up-"

"Pick you up?" He asked scoffing. "Now why would I ever do that?" He asked rubbing his chin and staring at her who stood in front of him with hands on her hips. "You-"

 

"Song Jieun!! Bang Yongguk! Where are you guys?!" Mrs. Bang yelled coming up the stairs.

Yongguk and Jieun both looked out the door annoyed. He gathered his breathing and sighed deeply shutting his eyes tight.

"In Cheon-cheon's room mom!" Yongguk yelled stuffing his hands in his pockets, walking out the door. His mother arrived at her door and smiled.

"What are you guys doing here so long? Go and get yourselves ready, we’re going to go out for a movie." Mrs. Bang said smiling brightly.

"Why?" Yongguk whined with a disgusted expression on his face. "Ohhh! I love movies!" Jieun yelled excitedly, jumping in excitement.

"We’re just waiting for you both." Mrs. Bang said laughing and placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Hurry up." She said chuckling then walked back down. Jieun nodded while Yongguk remained motionless still in disgust.

=========================================

 

Yongguk walked beside his mother as they arrived at the theaters.

"Mom, you know I hate watching movies." He said scratching his head. "Why’re we here for?" He asked. His mother stopped walking and glanced back at Jieun who was just getting out of the car. Jieun stood in front of the car door and sighed looking around with huge eyes.

"Yongguk dear, all this is for you and Jieun's good!" She said hissing at him angrily. Yongguk sighed annoyed.

"Mom! How can I fall in love with her?!" He said angrily looking at Jieun who just wiped her nose and picked her ear. He shivered in disgust.

His father walked behind him and patted his back as they continued walking.

"Bang Yongguk, don’t you ever say something like that again. Song Jieun is a beautiful girl and if you can’t fall in love with her, you must be blind." He said calmly. Yongguk glanced at him annoyed. "Dad, I’m-"

"AHHHH!!!!" Jieun screamed loudly in pain at her foot that fell in a hole nearby the grass, making her twist her ankle.

"Mom!" She yelled half crying. Her parents came running towards her along with Yongguk's parents. Yongguk stood from afar and shook his head irritated.

"Are you okay?!" Her mother asked as they helped her up from the ground.

"How can she be so clumsy?" Yongguk said silently to himself, wincing and looking down in embarrassment.

"Yongguk-ah! What are you doing over there?! Come carry Jieun! We’re going back home!" His father yelled. Yongguk slowly made his way to them and stared down at Jieun. "Why do I have to carry-"

His father gave him an angry glare, making him quickly stop speaking.

"Here." Yongguk said squatting down. Jieun gave him a dirty look and slowly jumped towards the car.

"I can go by myself." She said. Yongguk let out a relieved smile and stood up, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Song JIEUN!" Her father yelled loudly. She shook and turned around confused. He grabbed Yongguk's arm and dragged him towards Jieun.

"We are going to leave home while you two walk home." He said. "But DAD!! My ankle is hurt!" She whined. Her mother walked over and shook her head.

"Yongguk, just carry me to the car!" Jieun yelled patting his back for him to turn around. "Yeah, mom and dad, I’ll just carry her to the car. She’s hurt." He said getting ready to piggy back her. She slowly limped over to him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

"Yongguk will carry you home." His father said. He gasped and stared at him shocked. "Dad… it’s a long ways to get back to Jieun's home." He said worriedly. His mother shook her head and dragged Yongguk's father to the car.

"You two WILL get along one day and it has to be SOON!" Yongguk's mother yelled angrily with scowling eyes.

 

 

 

Jieun and Yongguk stood in the dark road in front of the movie theater quietly watching the car revved off, leaving them motionless. She silently made a weeping noise and glanced around.

"Now look what you caused with your clumsiness." Yongguk said in annoyance, sighing angrily and looking around with a wince.

Jieun remained on the ground in her high heels and blouse. She kept her gaze on the ground while Yongguk stood tall near her.

People walked by and stared at them while Jieun gave them an evil look and sighed angrily. She looked up and stared at the city nights.

"Yah, Bbang bbang, do you know the way to my house?" She asked quietly. He froze and looked down with narrowed eyes.

"What did you just say?" He questioned slowly with anger, tension building up while she looked at him with sorrow.

"What? Bbang bbang?? Bbang bbang... it's the nickname I gave you... remember Bbang bbang? Bbang bbang for bread... that's what you-

"I KNOW!!!!!! You don't have to repeat it a million times!!!!!" He yelled at her. She widened her eyes and glared at him.

"Then WHAT?!" She asked. "Why are you asking me if I know the way to your house?" Yongguk asked her. Jieun looked down and bit her lips, fiddling with her fingers nervously.

 

 

Jieun's mother sat in the car with a smile, laughing to herself while Yongguk's parents shrugged.

"Yah, what’s so funny?" Mrs. Bang asked. Mrs. Song chuckled and turned around to face them. "My Jieun cheon cheon doesn’t know the way home." She said chuckling.

"This is the first time she’s ever been on her own in the city." She said chuckling. Mrs. and Mr. Bang looked at each other.

"How are they getting home then?" Mr. Bang asked curiously. Mr. Song coughed nervously and shrugged. Mr. and Mrs. Bang looked at each other with huge eyes in shock.

 

A/N: Omo!!! Ottheokae? How are Bangsong gonne get home??? Kekekeke... parents...

Song cheon-cheon and Bbang bbang are lost forever!!! XD

Double update for today!!! Kekeke... I hope it was a good two chapters!!!

Please leave feedbacks and let me know how the story's going for you guys otay?!!!

Until next time, saranghae yerobun!! jessicathao signing out! PYONG!!~~