Explaining

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

A/N: I just noticed.... I ALWAYS have such long chapters for this story... >.< I don't know if it's a good thing or not... ^^

But Here's ANOTHER long chapter... haha.. ENJOY! <3

================================================

 

“How can I be hung-over when I was never drunk?” Yongguk asked while walking by her. Her eyes widen and her shoulders slumped deeply thinking of all they said to each other yesterday. Yongguk chuckled silently as he looked back at her.

 

Jieun stood tall in his doorway nervously and afraid to move.

 

Before when she confessed to him through phone as Pucca, it was easier because they weren’t face to face, but now that everything was actually in reality towards one another, she felt nervous and uneasy, but a slight happiness.

 

“How long are you going to stand there?” He asked. He was standing closely behind her, leaning in a bit.

She turned around and almost bumped her head against his nose, making them blink together quickly. She backed away with wide eyes in shock.

“Yah!” She yelled with narrowed eyes at him. Her arms were by her side and she kept her eyes on the ground, too nervous to make eye contact with him.

His crossed his arms in front of him and smiled, looking down with a sad expression.

 

“You…” she looked up at him with only her eyes but her chin pressed on her chest. He kept his eyes on her and looked away when she looked up at him. He scratched his head and wandered his eyes.

“Are you…hungry?” He asked. She formed a bubble in and tried to get out of this awkwardness. “Yes…let’s go to the noodle shop.”

She walked out of his bedroom, glancing at him quickly before she left.

 

After she left, he leaned his shoulder on the side of his door and smiled.

 

 

Jieun closed the door to her room and leaned her back on the wall, breathing heavily.

“Why was he acting?” She asked herself with a strange look on her face.

“What’s he trying to do?”

 

There was a knock on her door as she shook.

“Hurry…I’m waiting for you in the car.” Yongguk said before he headed downstairs. Jieun opened the door quickly and stuck her head out.

 

“Wait!” She yelled. He turned to look at her oddly.

“Help me carry my luggage up here from my rented car before we leave. I don’t want to get them stolen.” She said. He chuckled and scoffed shaking his head.

“No! No! I need strength in order to carry your heavy bags. Plus, your bags are too hefty to even steal!” He yelled from downstairs then opened the front door to leave. Jieun scoffed and chuckled silently.

“He’s back to the way he used to be.” She said with a smile.

======================================

 

Yongguk and Jieun sat across from each other with their warm noodles steaming in front of them.

Yongguk ate quickly while Jieun watched him in astonishment. He stuffed a huge piece of egg into his mouth along with a couple strands of noodles.

 

“Why did you…do that?” She asked oddly. He glanced up at her and continued eating. “Do what? Bring you to the noodle shop?” He asked with a chuckle.

Jieun looked down with a smile, twirling a strand of noodle in her chopstick.

“Stop being silly.” She said with a quiet chuckle.

Yongguk smiled and kept eating with a mouthful of noodles. He finished what was in his mouth and then looked up at her, drinking a sip of water.

 

“What do you think would’ve happened if I…if we discussed what we did last night while you knew I was conscious?” He asked curiously.

She kept her head down, recapping all of yesterday night in embarrassment of the words she heard and said to him.

 

“We would’ve argued and got mad at each other again.” He answered himself. “That could’ve happened, but you didn’t have to play me like th-“

“I guess we’re even then.” He said with a shrug and continued eating. “Since when did I play you Bang Yongguk?” She asked, setting her chopsticks down on the table. He looked at her while shaking his head and sighed.

“Why do you act like you don’t know? Just admit it and stop denying it.” He said with anger starting to emerge. His eyes were starting to narrow and his eyes bulging.

Jieun knew this was one of the signs of his anger erupting.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about Yongguk!” She said loudly while others started to look at them.

“You TOLD Zelo that…” he stuttered and looked down, his lips into his mouth with anger while Jieun waited impatiently.

 

“Am I really just a brother to you?” He asked, looking directly into her eyes. She tensed her shoulders and widened her eyes in shock while uncontrollably hung open.

“What? How did-how did you hear that?” She asked slowly in confusion. “I-I-“

“Am I?” He leaned in towards her and kept looking in her eyes. “How did you-“

“You CALLED me! You MADE me listen to the conversation between you and Zelo till the end!” He yelled loudly in anger.

“No! It wasn’t me! I never called you!” She yelled in terror, staring at him with bloodshot eyes. He looked at her oddly, knowing that look on her face that she was telling the truth.

“Is that why you….did what you did yesterday?” She asked as he looked down guiltily.

“If it was…I didn’t call you. It must’ve been…. YAH! I was GOING to call you, but then Zelo called my name and wanted to talk, so I probably accidentally clicked the call button! I didn't mean it!” She looked down in anger, trying to remember.

“Accidentally?” He asked with a scoff. "I was only saying that because I didn't want Zelo to think anything..." she told him.

“Don’t lie-“

“I’m NOT lying! I’m serious Yongguk! I would NEVER say that about you sincerely. You’re…much more than…” she looked down nervously.

“You’re much more than just a brother to me.”

He looked at her with a serious expression.

“What AM I to you then?” He asked curiously, setting his chopsticks down. She looked up at him nervously and looked away quickly when she noticed his stern expression.

“You… Why do you ask when you already know?” She looked up at him, trying not to look away from the awkwardness state they were in.

===========================================

 

Yongguk and Jieun walked towards his car slowly, not walking too closely towards one another.

The distance from the car to the noodle shop was a while away so they had to walk a distant longer.

He glanced at her and wandered his eyes nervously when she looked up at him. He sniffed and clasped his hands together, tensing his shoulders, thoughts running through his mind.

 

As if the atmosphere wasn’t odd enough, he reached his hand down and grabbed her tiny hand in his. He walked faster towards the car, twining their fingers together.

“Baliee. It’s getting cold.” He said while locking their fingers together and dragging her. “What?” She asked in confusion, looking up at the sun so high in the sky.

The afternoon was quite hot and only filled with a little breeze that was rather refreshing. She glanced down at their hands with a slight chuckle, playing along with him as she held stronger and jogged beside him.

Yongguk kept his hands tightly on hers and smiled like a child.

 

 

 

Daehyun, Himchan and Jongup ate barbecued pork skin in a store happily with full mouths. Himchan took his phone out.

“Hey, maybe we should check up on Jieun and Yongguk hyung.” He asked. “Oh, yeah. Hurry before they kill each other.” Daehyun said in a hurry, flipping the pork on the grill.

 

“Hello?” Yongguk answered on speaker in the loud room from Himchan's phone. “Hey, did you guys kill each other yet?” Himchan asked with a chuckle. Yongguk scoffed from the other line and chuckled.

“Ahni. Jieun went to hang out with Hyosung and Gikwang, so I’m on my way to the gym.” He answered. Daehyun and Jongup gasped and ate quicker.

“Oh! We’ll be there in a bit!” Jongup yelled loudly, stuffing food into his mouth.

==============================================

 

Jieun walked through Hyosung's door with Gikwang greeting her. Their luggage was still unpacked and the smell of cooked food was filling the room.

 

“Why did you guys come back already?” Jieun asked after taking her shoes off. “Ahhh… Clearwater was filled with horrible memories after you and Yongguk left like that.” Hyosung said with crossed arms. She smiled sitting down on the couch while Gikwang walked towards the kitchen.

“You guys should’ve just stayed to sort things out.” He said loudly from the kitchen. Jieun shrugged and sighed.

"We're good now..." she said with a smile, looking down.

“Ohhh….did something spark between you guys? Finally?” Hyosung asked, pointing her finger at Jieun with a huge smile on her face.

“Did you two… share the same bed again?” Gikwang asked with a smirk. Jieun stood up quickly and set her arms by her side.

“No! No….” her voice got quieter when she said the second ‘no.’ She could hear Gikwang chuckling from the kitchen.

“Yah, really! I won’t do that dirty thing. And Yongguk wouldn’t too. How can we at such a young age. So much to live for still.” Jieun stuttered.

"Well, I wasn't even referring to that... I don't know what YOU'RE talking about." Gikwang spoke in a playing tone at the kitchen with a snicker.

Jieun glared at Gikwang and hissed with annoyance and placed her bag on the couch. She glanced at Hyosung and entered the kitchen.

 

“Ahhh, even though Yongguk and I just ate noodles, I’m hungry again.” She lied, trying to change the subject.

“Oh? You and Yongguk even went to go eat?” Gikwang asked with a sly smile at her. Jieun glared at him and grabbed the spoon from his hand, trying the soup that he was stirring.

“Mmm! This I delicious! Let’s eat!” She said with a smile and her lips, reaching for the bowls already.

Gikwang and Hyosung smiled at each other, knowing everything would be fine... for now.

=========================================

 

Yongguk was on the treadmill running quickly as if he was running a marathon. Sweat was rushing down his forehead and to his bare chest. His tank top was soaking wet as he spotted Daehyun, Jongup and Himchan walking towards him with odd expressions.

He stopped the treadmill and took his soaked shirt off, throwing it with his bags. He grabbed his water and drank slowly, panting from the run.

 

“You guys finally got here?” Yongguk asked after his huge gulp of water. Daehyun, Jongup and Himchan stared at him oddly and then glanced at each other.

Yongguk grabbed a towel to wipe off his sweat and stared at then awkwardly.

“What's up?” He asked. “You... you're okay? You're all right?” Himchan asked with a strange chuckle, giving him an odd look. “Yeah…I mean…I’ve never seen you so drunk-“

“I wasn’t drunk.” He said with a smile and drank another sip of his water. Daehyun closed his mouth from talking and scoffed.

“What?” Himchan asked oddly with a chuckle, glancing at Jongup.

“I wasn’t drunk.” Yongguk repeated with a chuckle. Jongup chuckled and looked away with a loud laugh.

“Wow, you are a good actor! Maybe you need to start making movies. Even I fell for your act yesterday.” He said with a chuckle.

“But…why?” Daehyun asked curiously with a raised eyebrow. Yongguk wandered his eyes nervously and shook his head with a shrug.

“I just…wanted to mess with you guys.” He said with a chuckle and jumped on the treadmill again. “But-“

“Hurry up and get on a treadmill. We all need to lose these beer bellies.” Yongguk said with a chuckle, interrupting Jongup quickly.

They both chuckled looking down at their flat and muscled toned bellies and took their shirt off before claiming a treadmill.

===============================================

 

Jieun lay in bed after she got home from Hyosung's with a blank look on her face, looking straight up ahead on the ceiling. She had spent the whole day with Hyosung till night time and figured she’d bring her bags in her rented car tomorrow morning.

She just felt too awkward to be in the same room with Yongguk filled with love instead of hatred. She knew he felt the same way as well since he’s been gone longer than she.

She clasped her hands together above her blanket on her belly as she took a deep breath, recapping all that had happened today.

She heard the door open and knew it was him.

Even though he was all the way downstairs, her shoulders tensed and she laid perfectly still. She was about get out of bed to go check if it was him but then she heard footsteps approaching up the stairs towards her room.

She quickly sat up and grabbed her laptop, opening it and staring at the black screen.

She glanced at the door and turned towards the mirror by the side of her bed, fixing her hair and the mushed make up on her eyes until the door opened.

She turned to her laptop, making her hair fly over her shoulder forcefully and acted as though she was typing. She was facing the door and so the laptop couldn’t be seen by him. She looked up and saw Yongguk standing by her door with a smile.

 

“Not sleeping yet?” He asked with a warm smile. She stuttered at his smile that she’s never seen so much and looked down acting as if she was busy. She closed her laptop and set it on the counter.

“Yes, I’m going right now.” She said with a smile and getting under her covers. “Okay…me too.” He looked down and glanced at her before slowly closing the door.

Jieun heard his footsteps leaving down the stairs and lay on her back again, taking a deep breath with narrowed and confused eyes. She slowly sighed and closed her eyes when her phone suddenly rang. She opened the text and smiled widely.

 

“Goodnight my Pucca.”

 

Yongguk smiled after sending the text and turned to his side, closing his eyes when his pone vibrated in return.

 

“Since when was I ‘your’ Pucca?”

 

He chuckled and lay on his back, holding his phone in both his hands.

 

“Since…now.”

 

Jieun smiled and felt her face warming up.

 

“Then…can you be…’my’ Garu?”

“I’ve always been your Garu.”

 

Jieun softened her eyes and held her phone tightly, not sure of what to say next.

 

“Really? Since when?”

 

He chuckled and set his phone on his belly with an odd look on his face, trying to think back of all their days together. He smiled and grabbed his phone.

 

“Ever since we were born together in the same hospital.”

 

Jieun chuckled and bit her lips.

 

“Impossible. We hated each other.”

“How dumb are you Pucca? That was my way of flirting.”

 

Yongguk smiled and realized that it was always a true fact. He must’ve always been messing with her because that was his way of showing her that he likes her.

Knowing how she was, she would’ve never known. He smiled as his phone vibrated.

 

“You at flirting then Garu.”

“Tell me how you wanted me to flirt then Pucca?”

 

She smiled and looked up with a quiet chuckle.

“Hmmm…how DO I want him to flirt?” she asked herself with a chuckle.

 

“You figure it out.”

 

Yongguk chuckled and looked at the time, realizing that it was almost 2 am already.

 

“Ok…ok…but Pucca. Don’t you have work tomorrow?”

 

Jieun looked at the time and gasped loudly. She finally remembered that she works tomorrow at 6 am and hissed.

 

“You kept me up!”

“Not my fault. Goodnight Pucca.”

 

He smiled and re-read his text with a smile.

 

“Hey…you forgot to write ‘my’ Pucca :( “

“Ok, ok sorry. Goodnight MY Pucca :) ”

 

Jieun chuckled and rolled to her side on the bed with a smile.

 

“Goodnight…my Garu.”

 

Yongguk smiled widely before closing his eyes and sleeping so happily.

 

A/N: Aw!! Bangsong love and PuccaxGaru love!! Kekekekeke... <3 I hope you all loved that chapter!!!! <333

But wasn't that a LONG CHAPTER?!!! Haha... I told youguys!! But, I mean... it's better, right??

Or is it too tiring for long chapters....? Let me know, okay?? Kekeke...

So, I won't be able to update until Monday... T.T So please be patient with me!!!

I have a festival to attend, and then my church youth is performing at a concert that SAME night...

THen I have Church on Sunday... So, I can just rest a bit... right?? Kekeke...

Well, have a safe and awesome weekend yerobun!! Saranghae!!!! BBCnTSFAM signing out! PYONG!~~