Fine

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

A/N: Okay, I feel HORRIBLE for leaving you all with that cliffhanger!!! >.< So here's the next chapter!!! ENJOY!!!!

===================================================================================================

 

Yongguk rushed out of his home in his sweats and a t-shirt, along with an over coat that he just grabbed from the counter.

As he opened the door, he realized that it was raining and the sky was dark and grey. He made sure to grab his car keys and phone, and then ran into his car.

 

“Wait for us Bang Yongguk!” His mother yelled loudly by the door step. He ignored their screams and quickly started the car, driving as fast as he could towards Jieun's city that was at least almost two hours away.

He rapidly fixed his Bluetooth into his ear and dialed Jieun's number in a flash.

 

“Please answer Jieun.” He said silently in frustration as he drove into the rain.

 

Because it was so early, there weren’t many cars in the way besides a few honks so he passed them but he tried to drive as carefully as possible through the distractions that Jieun was causing him.

He grew even more worried when there wasn’t an answer on the other line. He quickly dialed her parent’s phone and waited impatiently, taking quick turns in the slippery streets.

The dial went to voice mail making him become irritated. He grunted frustrated and threw his Bluetooth down with force.

He squint his eyes, feeling his breathing quicken in fear.

Even though he could feel goose bumps growing under his skin from the cool air, his insides were filled with heat from everything running through his mind. 

=============================================================

 

Jieun's father spoke on the phone with a loud chuckle and happy expression.

“Really?!” He said with a joyful smile. “It’s GOOD that everything is going as planned. It seems he really DOES care for her.”

 

The front doorknob turned as he quickly walked towards the door and looked through the blinds to see Jieun trying to open the door with her house keys.

 

“Okay, Jieun's back. Let’s see how this pans out.”

 

When the door opened, Jieun barged in from the rain with a chuckle.

 

“It’s raining like CRAZY today!” She said with a chuckle and took her shoes off. She winced at the pain of her legs, making her parents look at each other oddly.

 

“Are you okay?” Her mother asked, preparing some breakfast on the table. Jieun looked up and chuckled. “Yes…I’ve just been hungry and probably running around with Yongguk made my legs sore.”

Her mother smiled and continued preparing some breakfast while his father walked towards her and set his phone on the counter with a smile.

 

“At least they allowed you to come home after working only an hour to come eat breakfast.” Her father said with a smile.

While Jieun walked towards the kitchen table, her father made an okay sign to his wife, making her smile with delight.   

“Well…you DO own the company dad.” Jieun said with a scoff and chuckle.

 

Shortly after she arrived back home, there was a loud knock on the door. Jieun's father motioned for Jieun to go get it.

“Are we expecting guests?” She asked with some rice in . Her parents looked at each other with a smile while she walked towards the door.

 

As she opened it, she looked face to face with Yongguk, making her eyes widen instantly. He was wet from head to toe in his sandals, sweats, t shirt, and coat. His hair was drained, making water fall onto his face and he was shivering from the cold.

 

As he laid eyes on her, he squint his eyes and grabbed both her shoulders quickly.

 

“Song Jieun?! Are you okay?!” He asked, looking her over and gently shaking her before she can even ask him what he was doing here.

Her legs wobbled from the soreness, so she slightly winced in pain. He looked down at her feet with wide eyes.

 

“Why aren’t you at the hospital?! What’re you doing home?!” He screamed in anger, his eyes narrowing. Jieun stared at him awkwardly. “What are you doing here this early?? My legs are just…a little sore-“

“It doesn’t matter! Go to the HOSPITAL! That’s what people do when they get into car acci-“

There were loud claps behind them as Yongguk turned around awkwardly.

They heard another loud clap from behind Jieun as they both realized that both their parents were watching and were the ones clapping with huge smiles on their faces.

 

“Wow! I didn’t know my son could be in such a hurry for this!” His father said with a happy smile. He held an umbrella under him and his wife as she smiled proudly.

 

“It seems that you two really ARE serious. Now that we really know for a fact, we’ll leave you two be.” Jieun's father said with a smile.

Yongguk breathed heavily, narrowing his eyes deeper, glaring at his parents and then Jieun's parents. He slowly took his hands off Jieun's shoulders and took a step back with trembling hands.

He turned to face his parents with a strange look of madness.

 

“You-you….you guys lied…to me?” He said through stutters, blinking his eyes through the rain. His parents smiled and handed an extra umbrella over to him.

He quickly pushed it away, making it fall onto the wet ground and then took a step back into the rain while everyone stared at him oddly.

“This…this was just a set up?” He asked unbelievably, flaring his nostrils. Jieun stood in confusion, staring from Yongguk to their parents.

“Well…” said his mother looking down. “We wanted to test…how much you liked Jieun because no matter how much we look at it, we still feel like you two are faking a rela-“

“What?” Yongguk asked with an annoyed chuckle, taking another step back.

By this time, Jieun's eyes were widen with shock and confusion. Yongguk looked from her parents and then to Jieun. He looked at his parents and clenched his fists.

“How many times do you have to TEST me to know that I LOVE Song JIEUN?!” He screamed in anger. Jieun stood up taller and felt her heart pumping faster at the words that just came out of Yongguk's mouth.

“Lying like this doesn’t do you any good! Do you KNOW how WORRIED I was?! This time you all pushed it too far.”

“What’s…going on-“

“You!” Yongguk yelled loudly, cutting Jieun off. “You… can shut up.” He said. She slowly closed from his harsh words and stared at him abnormally.

“If I knew this was just a ‘test’ and set up made by ALL of you, I wouldn’t have budged at all this morning.”

He walked away quickly in rage without a glance at anyone and got into his car, driving away quickly, leaving brake marks of anger behind.

 

Jieun felt her eyes warm up and she broke a silent gasp of misunderstanding. She turned to look at Yongguk's parents and then to her own parents in awkwardness at the state they were in.

“W-w-what…happened?” She asked through a crack in her voice. Everyone was silent as they all looked down in shame.

“Why is Yongguk acting like that? WHAT was a set up? WHAT happened?!” She screamed at the last word loudly when she knew no one was going to answer her.

===================================================================

 

Jieun stood in her bedroom with her hand on her waist and her phone by her ear.

“Hello?” She answered with a smile. “Oh…I can’t come back into work today.” She waited for the other person to speak on the other line as she covered her forehead.

“Yes…sorry. I’ll be in tomorrow though. Yes. Thank you so much.” She sighed deeply and set her phone down. She slowly sat on her bed and laid her head on her pillow.

A rush of tears gushed out of her eyes as her parents explanation earlier rang in her head.

 

“We thought that you guys were trying to get out of becoming engaged since we weren’t sure if you were both really in a relationship.”

 

The words rushed through her head as she held her pillow and sniffed, grabbing a tissue from nearby to wipe her tears.

 

“So we lied to Yongguk that…you got into a car accident on your way to work.” Yongguk's father said.

“We didn’t think that he would rush so much. That really showed us right then that he…really did care for you.” Yongguk's mother said with a painful look on her face.

“Sorry that he thought you were part of this.”

 

Jieun took a deep breath and closed her eyes, wiping the remaining tears away.

 

After she had calmed down for a while, she grabbed her phone and took a deep breath, taking the chance to contact him.

 

“Garu….?”

 

Yongguk sat in his car parked outside Jieun's workplace with his head leaned against the back cushion of the driver’s seat.

He crossed his arms and turned his engine off, just sitting and watching as everyone with umbrella’s passed by.

Beside him on the passenger seat was his phone, broken apart, with his battery and phone in different pieces so no one could contact him.

 

Jieun walked out of her room with enough make up to cover her puffed eyes from crying and wore well-dressed clothing for work. Her parents looked at her in confusion and stood up from the couch when she walked down the stairs slowly.

“You’re still going in to work?” Her mother asked shamefully. She nodded with half a smile and walked towards the front door without speaking to them at all. She stopped before going out the door and sighed, looking at her parents sadly.

“I’ll be back later.” She said before walking out the door, and then making sure she had locked it.

 

Yongguk slowly began to start his engine after a while of waiting and assuming that Jieun wasn’t going to come in to work.

As he placed his foot on the brake pedal, he saw Jieun's car turn the corner into the company parking lot. He relaxed, watching her slowly park her car and then getting an umbrella out before stepping out of the car.

As she walked towards the company building, he sighed sadly watching her and slowly started his engine, driving off and glancing at her through his rearview mirror.

 

A/N: BangSong's Love has been revealed!!! So, the parents DId go a little too far...

In that case, should Bangsong revenge for their parents?? Keke... Muahahahaha >:D

I wasn't going to make it like this... but then HECK NO is Jieun going to get into a REAL car accident!!

So here's the result for it... kekekke... hey, it's better than her REALLY getting an accident... right??

Kekeke... okay... now that I've procrastinated enough, I'll go study for my test... kekeke...

Thank you so much to each and every one of you who've commented! You'll be blessed! <3

 

Until next time, I'll try to update soon!!! Saranghae yerobun!! BBCnTSFAM signing out! <3