New Idea

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Jieun and Zelo walked in a huge museum gallery filled with echoes.

 

“By the way, I’m sorry about what happened at Clearwater and what my sister did.” He said apologetically.

“I know that she’s so annoying, but just bear with her.” He said with a sad smile. Jieun chuckled and nodded. “Yes, she’s a bit hard to get along with but it’s okay.” She said. Zelo stopped in front of a huge painting with a large canvas and smiled.

 

“What is this?” She asked curiously. “I painted this.” He said proudly. Jieun widened her eyes and took a step back to take a better view of the painting.

“Really?!” She asked in shock while Zelo nodded.

 

It was a huge photo of a pond with 2 beautiful white swans swimming in the middle, surrounded by lilies and a huge white house in the background.

 

“It’s so pretty.” She said with a huge smile. Zelo watched her and chuckled. “Thanks.” He sighed and crossed his arms.

“This is going to be my future home. I’ve always wanted to raise a swan couple in a pond with my future wife.” He said with a smile, glancing at her.

“Ahhh…she’s going to be a lucky one.” She said with her eyes on the painting. Zelo chuckled, showing his pure white teeth.

“How long did you take to paint this?” She asked. Zelo set a hand to his chin and sighed. “About 2 weeks.” He said with a smile.

“It wouldn’t have been long but since the canvas was so huge, I wanted to take my time and really figure out where and how everything was going to look.” He told her. She nodded and smiled. 

“You have a real talent Choi Zelo.” She said with a nod.

 

“Oh? Song Jieun?” Director Choi said from behind them. They both turned around quickly and smiled at him.

“Hi Director Choi.” Jieun said politely greeting him with a bow. ”How are you?”

“I’m doing good. Why did everyone leave Clearwater so early?” He asked curiously. ”Should there be something I need to change there?”

“No…no.” Jieun said with a nervous laugh. “There was just so much going on and we all had to come back home. Our short time there was very great.” She said with a smile.

“I’m glad you all enjoyed it.” He said with a smile and then looked at Zelo and Jieun oddly. “But…what’re you two doing here?” He asked curiously.                        

“I wanted to show Jieun my new painting.” Zelo said with a smile. “Ahhh right…he took so long to make this drawing.” Director Choi said with a smile. “He’s so sure that his future will look like this.”

“Anything can happen right?” Jieun smiled at them and turned back to look at the painting.

“Right… Jieun-ah would you mind having a drink with Zelo and I?” Director Choi asked curiously.

Zelo looked at his father in shock while Jieun stuttered.

“Well…I’d love to…but my parents just got back home and so I don’t want to leave them alone.” She said with an apologetic look.

“Maybe next time.” She added with a smile.

===============================================

 

Yongguk closed the door to his bedroom and quickly took his phone out.

”Where are you Song Jieun!?” He growled while dialing her number. “Does it take that long to drop that Gina off?”

 

“Hello?” Jieun answered on the other line. “YAH! Where are you?!” He yelled angrily, making her shake. “Yah! Why’re you yelling?! I’m on my way back right now.” She answered in anger.

“What took you so long?” He asked again. Jieun sighed on the other line and focused on driving in the piled streets.

“I dropped Gina off and Zelo took me to the museum for a bit. Why?” She questioned curiously, hoping nothing bad had been going on while she was out.

“What? You were with Zelo? I knew it! What did I say earlier?!” He asked with jealousy already building up.

“Yah, he was just showing me a painting. I’m almost home right now. See you.” She hung up, leaving him standing there. He threw his phone in his pocket and growled silently.

“What is she doing hanging around Zelo behind my back?” He asked himself with a scowl.

 

 

The door to the house flew open as Jieun popped in, taking her shoes off quickly.

“Song Jieun!” Her mother yelled loudly, walking towards her with a huge smile. Jieun stared at her oddly and started to back up towards the door.

“W-w-w-what?” She asked through a stuttered. Yongguk's mother appeared from behind her mother and smiled.

“I told you that it would be easy to fall in love with our Yongguk…right?” Her mother said with a chuckle. Jieun turned bright red as she looked down.

“No! What’re you talking about?” She asked with her shoulders shrugged and arms by her side. Yongguk came out from his bedroom and scoffed at the scene.

“Yonggukie told us that-“

“Mom and aunt…stop smothering her.” Yongguk said walking towards Jieun. He grabbed her wrist and moved her away.

“If you don’t mind…can Jieun and I talk really quick?” Their mothers were speechless as he pulled her away. She glanced back at them, blushing red and following Yongguk's lead.

 

Jieun's and Yongguk's parents huddled in the kitchen as soon as Yongguk and Jieun disappeared in his bedroom.

 

“Do you think the kids are really dating?” Jieun's mother asked with squint eyes. “No… I think they’re playing us.” Yongguk's mother said with a hiss.

“They just want to get rid of each other.” Her mother continued.

“I think Yongguk was just trying to get out of his problems by making stuff up.” Yongguk's father said with crossed arms, shaking his head. ”I don’t believe them one bit.”

“We can test them.” Jieun's father said with a serious look. They all looked at him as he stood up.

“Departure.” Jieun's father continued with a smile. All their eyes lit up and widened.

“Ohhh! Good idea!” Jieun's mother yelled silently as they all high-fived each other.

“We’ll all keep good records of their phone usage and update us on their conversations weekly.” Yongguk's father said with a huge smile.

 

 

Jieun walked into Yongguk's bedroom and glared up at him oddly.

“What did you do and why are our parents acting all crazy?” She asked with confusion. Yongguk sighed and sat on his bed.

“They were asking me all these questions while you were gone hanging out with ‘Zelo’.” He said with an annoyed expression. Jieun scoffed and crossed her arms.

“They asked why we’re not at Clearwater.” He told her. Jieun gasped, forgetting that they were supposed to be there this instant. “Oh, right.” She said and covered .

“So I had to save the say, as usual….” He said in annoyance. ”And say that…”

“What? What did you say?” She asked curiously, taking a step towards him. He looked around and scratched his head.

“I lied that we left early because... I made a move on you.” He said with a silent laugh. He noticed her fierce look and stood up, making a straight face again.

“I just told them that we were dating! Or else…we would’ve gotten in trouble.”

“I-“

The door to Yongguk's bedroom opened and his mother’s head popped in.

“Are you ready to leave, Yongguk?” She asked with an angelic smile.

“What? Leave?” He asked with wide eyes. His mother smiled with a nod and looked down, trying not to laugh out loud.

“Yes…your father and I are so overly tired so we’ll be going right now.” His mother said. Jieun turned to look at Yongguk with a sad look. “But-“

“Hurry Bang Yongguk!” His father yelled from outside. “Can’t I just come home later?” He asked, glancing at Jieun and then looking at his mother.

“Why? Didn’t you want to leave?” His mother asked with wide eyes in shock.

In the inside, she was so happy that he didn’t want to leave. Jieun's mother was hiding behind Yongguk's mother, listening to their every conversation, snickering to herself.

“Well…I-“

“Since… Yongguk and I are dating now…we want to spend a little more time together.” Jieun said with a nervous smile. “Can we?”

 

Yongguk's mother pulled Jieun's mother and their husbands towards the kitchen once more.

“I think they really ARE dating.” Yongguk's mother said with an odd look.

“Yongguk didn’t want to leave and Jieun even said herself that they were dating.”

“No… our kids are smart.” Yongguk's father said with a suspicious look. “Let’s see how strong their bond is.” He added with a snicker.

“This is like a dream come true.” Jieun's mother said with a dreamy look. “Don’t say that yet.” Jieun's father said immediately stopping her.

“We don’t know what they’re planning.”

There was a sudden knock at the door as Jieun's mother walked towards it, looking professional again.

 

“Hi Choi Zelo.” She said with a smile. Zelo was dressed in nice clothing and his hair was perfectly brushed with a dozen rose in his hands.

“Hello aunt…is Jieun home?” Jieun's mother looked towards Yongguk's room as they both came out of the room together.

Yongguk's eyebrows narrowed quickly when he laid eyes on Zelo and the roses in his hands, as well as how he was dressed.

"Again....?!!" Yongguk yelled to himself in his mind.

 

“Hi Zelo…what’re you doing here? We just met...” Jieun asked with a smile, walking towards him oddly. Yongguk crossed his arms in anger and leaned against the wall, watching them. “I wanted to ask you to dinner tonight.”

Jieun widened her eyes and turned to glance at her parents, who were shocked. She turned to look at Yongguk and noticed that he had taken his luggage out.

 

“Mom and dad… aren’t we going to leave?” He asked without looking at them. He walked towards Jieun's parents and said farewell politely before walking by Jieun and Zelo without a word.

His parents stared in shock as he left in anger. Jieun watched him get into his car and rev away as she sighed deeply. She looked down and rubbed her forehead.

 

“Umm…I don’t think I-“

“I reserved a really special spot for us at the new restaurant that just opened. You have to go with me Jieun. Please?” He begged with a childlike look on his face.

Jieun watched Yongguk's car disappear then looked up at Zelo with a little smile.

 

“Sure… if that’s fine with you mom and dad?” She turned to her parents who looked somewhat happy and sighed. “Of course it’s okay.” Her mother said with a smile.

“Just get home before 10 pm.” Her father said. Zelo smiled widely and handed Jieun the roses.

“I almost forgot…these are for you.” He said with a smile. She smiled and took the roses. “You can come inside. I’ll go get ready right now.” She said with a smile before heading up the stairs.

Zelo entered the home while Yongguk's parents respectfully dragged Jieun's parents to the kitchen.

“Umm…excuse us for a minute.” Yongguk's father said to Zelo, who walked to sit in the living room patiently.

 

The elders surrounded each other in the kitchen with Jieun's parents smiling and Yongguk's parents in confusion.

“This is PERFECT!” Jieun's father whispered loudly with a silent clap. “What?! This is a disaster!” Yongguk's mother yelled with a shriek.

“How can we check on our children if Zelo gets in the way?”

“This is how we TEST Yongguk and Jieun.” Jieun's father said with a determined smile. “We just need to see how much Yongguk likes Jieun if they REALLY are dating.”

“Yes….yes….yes!” Yongguk's father said silently with his eyes slowly widening while he thought.

“If a man loves a girl, he would do anything for her…he should try to get her back.”

“No, no, no.” Yongguk's mother said shaking her head. “By doing this, we can hurt Zelo badly. We can’t use him.” She said in disagreement. Jieun's mother held Yongguk's mother’s shoulders with a sigh.

“This is the only way we can tell if our children are really in love or not. Our children are smart…they can outsmart us whenever they want. Plus, Yongguk left already without a word. Maybe his leaving was a sign that Jieun could go on a date with Zelo?” She said with wide eyes.

“Or maybe he was jealous.” Jieun's father said, crossing his arms with a nod.

“Or he just wanted to go home.” Yongguk's father said with squint eyes.

“Home is Yongguk's resting place.”

“See…see…there’s so many possibilities.” Jieun's mother said while Yongguk's mother looked down.

“Choi Zelo will be fine…he’s a strong and good looking guy. We just need to use him for this moment… for our children’s sake.” Yongguk's mother looked up at them with a long sigh and pursed her lips together.

 

A/N: Don't worry though, things won't get out of hand... Zelo's not gonna be a jerk...

I love him, so I'm not gonna make him annoying... much... keke... so no worries!!

Well, I'll see youguys on Friday!!!!! Kekeke, don't miss me so much!! Haha, jk...

 

But um... about my poll last chapter...... O.O I didn't even know that MAJORITY of people on AFF are 10-15 YEARS OLD!!!

WHAT?!!!!!!! I mean, I only wanted my READERS to answer that, but it actually went THROUGHOUT AFF!! >.<

It's okay though... I guess... haha... but DANG!! I'm 19 by the way!

My birthday is tomorrow, but I'm counting myself as turning a year older today... haha...

Well, have an amazing day today!! And be safe my dear saengs!! Kekeke... <3