Dares

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Zelo sat in his bedroom with a sigh, staring at his phone with an unsure look. He stood up and walked back and forth in his bedroom with his hands on his hips.

 

“Should I?” He asked himself, bringing his phone up closer to his face. He smiled and shrugged with a smile.

 

“I heard you went to visit Yongguk?”

================================================================

 

Hyosung dragged Gikwang across the streets into a huge building, breathlessly.

 

“Why’re we in a hurry?” Gikwang asked with a confused look. “Yongguk and Jieun are probably waiting for us since the movie lasted longer than we thought.” She answered in a rush.

Gikwang scoffed and held her hand tightly, halting in place, making Hyosung's body stop instantly with her tugged hand attached to him.

 

“W-w-what’re you doing?!” She yelled loudly, trying to pull him into the building. He smiled and slowly walked towards her, lifting her chin up to look at him.

 

“Stop rushing yourself and we can just ‘slowly’ walk up there.” He said with a sigh.

 

“I don’t think you’ll be able to even eat if you’re in this kind of rush.” He slowly walked ahead in a slower pace with her by his side as she slowly nodded.

 

“Yes…you’re right. I had forgotten that we’re going to be feasting up there.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jieun walked ahead towards the building with a careful look as she stopped and turned to glance at Yongguk.

 

“Hurry up Bang Yongguk!” She yelled with a fierce look.

 

They each had 2 huge cup noodles in their hands with steam blaring through the covering.

Yongguk glared up at her and took a deep breath of annoyance.

 

“This is hot!” He yelled angrily. “And I’m not going to be like you and spill it all over me.” He said while biting his tongue to concentrate. Jieun scoffed and waited for him to catch up.

 

“You didn’t bring any napkins with you?” She asked with a chuckle. Yongguk looked at her hands and noticed that she had piles of napkins under her hand to keep the heat away from burning her.

He slowly glared at her, huffing his breath. She bit her lip from laughing and quickly set both noodles on a flat surface nearby, handing Yongguk a couple napkins.

 

“Why’re these all crumpled up like they were used already?” He asked in annoyance, slowly placing the napkins under the hot cups. “They aren’t.” She said with a guilty chuckle and held the cups in her hands again. He stopped what he was doing and stared at her in confusion.

 

“Song Jieun. Where’d you get these then?” He asked while holding the cups in his hand, standing up tall with a puzzled look. “Ah, it doesn’t matter.” She said through a stutter, starting heading towards the building.

 

“Yah!” He yelled after her quickly. She walked in while a man held the door open for her.

 

“Thank you.” She said with a bright smile towards the guy. Yongguk immediately walked in and scowled at the man.       

           

“Hey! Hey! You’re already flirting with other men?!” He yelled, walking faster towards her. She scoffed and glanced back at him, sticking her tongue out.

 

“You still haven’t told me where you got these napkins from.” He said louder. She continued walking and walked into an open elevator while he quickly rushed after her.

 

She slowly grabbed a napkin from under the cup and blew her nose with it and then placed it back under the cups.

Yongguk immediately stopped walking and widened his eyes at her. He looked down at his hands and the napkins that were placed on top of it.

 

Jieun looked up at him with a huge smile, poking her red nose at him annoyingly. Yongguk's face slowly changed into disgust and anger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hyosung grabbed her phone and stood closely by Gikwang in confusion.

 

“Where are you and Yongguk?”

 

“Why aren’t they here yet?” Gikwang asked with a sour face, looking around the area. “I don’t know. Jieun's not answering my texts. Hopefully they’re okay.” She said with an anxious expression.

 

The back door to enter the roof quickly swung open and Jieun walked in with a huge smile breathlessly.

 

“Sorry!” She yelled with a chuckle and jogged towards them. “Yongguk and I-“

“Did you get lost?” Hyosung asked with wide eyes, staring at the noodles in her hands. “And what’s that? What happened to our ‘feast’?”

Jieun looked down shamefacedly as Yongguk quickly walked through the door behind her with an angry huff. He looked at Jieun in confusion and then to Hyosung and Gikwang.

 

“We…didn’t know what to get and so…I recommended noodles.” Jieun said with half a smile.

 

“Noodles......?” Hyosung asked with a twitching eye. “Do you….do you know…how hungry I am?!” She yelled loudly making Jieun squint her eyes, taking a step back.

Yongguk quickly walked to stand beside Jieun and stared at Gikwang, who quickly calmed Hyosung down.

 

“Sorry, we know you two are hungry, but you have no idea what… Jieun and I have to go through with these noodles.” He said, glaring at Jieun and the napkins under their hands. She nervously looked away with a laugh.

 

“Here Hyosung-ah, you can eat mine too!” Jieun said with a smile. Yongguk stared at her awkwardly.

 

“I’m not hungry at all anyways.” Jieun added. Hyosung looked at her and Yongguk back and forth and slowly sighed looking down.

 

“Are you sure?” Hyosung asked curiously while Jieun nodded. Yongguk scoffed at Jieun after Hyosung took both noodles from her. He sniffed a little and handed both to Gikwang too.

 

“Here…you eat mine too then. I’m not hungry either.” Yongguk said. Gikwang nodded and quickly grabbed both noodles from him.

 

“Hey…what’re you doing?” Jieun asked in confusion. “You’re not eating, so I’m not either.” He said while crossing his arms and walking towards the edge of the roof.

He looked down towards the streets with a huge smile and looked up to the dark sky.

 

“Aren’t you hungry though?” She walked towards him and crossed her arms, standing beside him. “No.” He told her. She looked up at him who grabbed a coin out from his pocket.

 

“Hey, what’re you doing?” She asked with a puzzled look. He placed the penny between his thumb and forefinger, getting ready to flick it.

 

“You’re going to throw that down there? What if you hit someone?” She asked with a smirk then quickly grabbed the coin and stared at it oddly.

 

She saw a green mark of dried gum on it and threw it back at him with a disgusted groan. He chuckled lightly and smirked at her.

 

“I’m not throwing it down there!” He yelled and quickly flicked it as hard as he could.

 

The penny flew high in the air, making it hard to see in the dark night as they both heard a clicking noise after a while on the roof of another building from across.

 

“Wow!!! You flicked it that far?!” She screamed excitedly. “I told you I wasn’t throwing it down there.” He said with an ‘I told you so’ look on his face.

 

She grabbed a coin out of her pocket and was about to flick until Hyosung called her name.

 

“Hey Jieun-ah! What happened to your phone?! I was texting you earlier!” She yelled with a mouth full of noodles. Jieun quickly took her phone out and noticed 2 missed messages.

 

“It was on vibrate! Sorry!” She said with a smile while Hyosung scoffed and nodded. Yongguk grinned at her and quickly flicked another penny.

 

“Doesn’t that hurt your finger?” Jieun questioned looking down at his finger. “No, my fingers are strong. Non-like yours.” He said with a chuckle.

 

“I haven’t even tried yet!” She said with a loud laugh, checking her phone. Her face slowly changed after reading the texts that was sent to her. Yongguk slowly stuffed his hand back in his pocket and stared at her.

 

“What’s… wrong?” He asked curiously. She slowly looked up at him with a nervous chuckle and handed her phone to him.

 

He read the text slowly and then looked at her with an unsure look.

 

“Let me ask you something.” He said. She looked at him with wide eyes and set her arms by her side.

 

“What?” She asked. He sighed and gently tilted his head, rereading the text again. “Do you like Zelo?”

 

Jieun's eyes widened as she quickly shook her head.

 

“No! I like you! That’s why I’m here, right?” She said with her head down in embarrassment that she had finally admit it face to face with him.

His angry face gradually changed from curiousness to happiness as he nodded with a smile and quickly text Zelo back.

============================================

 

Zelo walked back and forth in his room, waiting for Jieun to text back impatiently.

“Why isn’t she texting me back yet? I’m sure she would’ve gotten the text my now.” He said with confusion. His phone quickly vibrated as he smiled widely and read the text.

 

“Buy me dinner please? :)”

 

He glared at Gina's text in anger.

 

“Why’re you bothering me at this time?!” He asked in irritation.

 

“Why? You get your own food. Stop bothering me.”

 

His phone vibrated quickly again. He picked it up with a scowl but his anger went away and his face quickly relaxed with a sense of jealousy when he read Jieun's text.

 

“Of course I went to visit Yongguk. He’s my lovely boyfriend. :)”

 

Jieun widened her eyes reading the text Yongguk had sent for her as she glared up at him.

 

“What?! He’s got to know the truth.” He said with a proud smile. He reached in his pockets for more pennies and ignored Jieun's scowls.

 

“You could’ve written something else! You know how embarrassed I’ll be the next time I see him again!?” She yelled in embarrassment.

 

“Oh? You’re planning on meeting him again?” He asked with wide eyes in suspicion. “No! I’m just saying…. in case he... pops up again.”

 

He turned his body to face her and crossed his arms tightly across his chest.

 

“Let me tell you something.” He said in a stern voice. “If I’m your boyfriend, you can’t look at anybody BUT me. I won’t allow you to run off smiling or talking to other guys BUT me…. unless it’s our fathers, Himchan, Jongup, Daehyun and/or Gikwang.”

She smiled up at him with an amused look and crossed her arms with a chuckle.

 

“So limited!” She yelled with a chuckle as he smiled and nodded.

 

“Ahhh…so can I say something too if you want to be my boyfriend?” She asked with an angelic look. “I’m already your boyfriend so it doesn’t really matter. But, sure, go ahead.” He said while staring up at the sky.

 

“If I’m your girlfriend, then go to the building across from here and pick up the penny you just flicked earlier.” He stared at her unbelievably.

 

“What?! Why would I do that?!” He asked with a huff of breath.

 

“What do I get in return?” He asked smartly with a smirl. She looked at him with a puzzled look. “In return, I’ll respect your wishes of me being your girlfriend.” She said with an odd look. He shook his head and sighed.

 

“That’s good…but not good enough.” He said with a deep inhalation.

 

“How about…if I get it back…you give me a…kiss.” He said with a huge smile on his face. She quickly looked at him with wide eyes and scoffed.

 

“What?!” She yelled loudly, feeling herself warm up. She looked up at his serene face while he looked up at the sky.

 

They both thought back to the flashback that happened earlier and that made them both nervous. She quickly looked away when he faced her again with a smile.

 

“I knew you wouldn’t do it anyway. You’re too chicken to.” He said with a light laugh, making her glare at him.

 

“I’m too tired to go get the penny anyways, let’s hurry and just go home.” He said through a yawn. She glanced over at Hyosung and Gikwang who were hugging and watching the night lights down at the street.

 

“Fine…I was actually considering the…kiss. But okay let’s just go.” She said with a calm and serious look on her face.

She walked towards the back door to get down from the building. Yongguk glanced back over at Hyosung and Gikwang and chuckled.

 

“Hey, if you just want to kiss me then go ahead. You don’t have to make up silly excuses to do so!” He said with a laugh, following after her. He turned to Gikwang and Hyosung and waved at them.

 

“We’re heading back first!” They waved back with a smile while Jieun screamed from the stairs.

 

“Bye you guys!!!!!” She screamed at the top of her lungs, echoing in the small hallways. Yongguk covered his ears in irritation and caught up to her.

 

A/N: Keke.... Yongguk is too cute... Bangsong are too cute!! XD

Thanks to everyone who've commented and upvoted this story!!!!! You'll all be blessed!! XD

And don't worry about the kiss everyone!! It's coming up next chapter... I'm planning for it to be!  ^_^

But we'll see if I make it long or not... muahahhaahhaa!! 

I mean, I already have a kissing scene in mind, but it won't come in until later-ish...????

So please be patient with me okay? And once it comes, I'll try to make it as romantic as possible! <3

Welcome new subs! I lost a sub last week, but I gained another one so I'm back at 80 subs!! ^_^ YAY!!!!!

Thanks for all of your love and support!! I don't know what I'll do without you all!! So thank you so much!

Until next time, saranghae yerobun! BBDnTSFAM signing out~ PYONG!~~~~