Serious

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Yongguk arrived home and looked through his phone, staring at Jieun's picture.

 

“What did you do today?”

 

He sighed after sending the text and slipped his phone in his pocket before walking down the stairs into the living room.

 

“Where were you?” His father asked, meeting him in the hallway. Yongguk looked around and nervously chuckled.

“I was at the bar with Himchan, Daehyun and Jongup.” He answered honestly standing up tall. His father walked to sit in the living room and took a deep breath.

“Come over here.” He said. Yongguk quickly trotted over and across from him.

 

“Are you really willing to help me with this project?” His father asked. Yongguk pursed his lips together and slowly nodded. “Yes dad.” He answered. His father gave him an unsure look.

 

“Alright. We’ll be critiquing all 25 parks in this area each day.” His father said.

 

“25?!” Yongguk yelled loudly. “Yes, we’ll be critiquing how clean they are, if they need customizing, and other things to keep in order to keep the children and people healthy.” He said.

 

“We’ve had complaints about these topics so we want to fix what needs to be fixed.” Yongguk's father said. Yongguk had on a painful expression while his father faced him and scoffed.

 

“Why? Backing out now?” His father asked. Yongguk glared at his father with a nervous chuckle. “No!” He answered quickly.

 

“It’s just that it’s…so….much….” he whined. His father stood up with a careless look.

 

“Well, since you wanted to do this so badly we’ll be starting tomorrow morning. Go to sleep.”

 

Yongguk watched as his father walked towards the kitchen before heading up the stairs into his room.

 

 

 

“Did you get the phone records?” Yongguk's mother asked silently while his father chuckled with a nod and took the folded up papers in his pants out.

He peeked out of the kitchen corner and noticed that Yongguk had finally entered his bedroom and closed the door.

 

“Yes! Let’s have a look.” He said eagerly with a smile. They read the phone records slowly as their eyes widened.

 

“They’ve sent so many texts to each other.” Yongguk's mother said with shock and happiness. 

 

“This is good news. We need to call Jieun's parents and discuss what to do next.” Yongguk's father said with a satisfied smile.

 

 

 

Yongguk grabbed his phone and sat on his bed.

 

“Why hasn’t she text back yet?!” He said in anger.

 

“Could it be that…she’s…out with Zelo-“ he glared at his phone and threw it on the bed in anger.

================================================

 

Jieun got out of the shower with a turbin on and walked out to the kitchen.

Her parents walked into the kitchen also and started eating the leftover chips on the table.

 

"So, what's with you and Zelo?" Her mother asked. Jieun sighed and drank some juice. "We're just good friends. Nothing more." She said.

 

"You know... I know it's out of the subject... but if you want to date him, go ahead." His mother said again.

“Yah, I never said that I wanted to date Zelo. Plus, he's WAY younger than I.” She said with a chuckle. “Good!” Her father yelled loudly.

 

“Because your marriage with Bang Yongguk is going to happen no matter what.”

 

“Marriage?!” Jieun yelled loudly with shock. Her parents looked at each other back and forth with a knowing look.

 

“Of course marriage!” Her mother gave her a funny look and chuckled.

 

“Why do you think Yongguk's parents and us work so hard for you two to be together for?” Her father said. Jieun sighed and walked up the stairs and into her bedroom.

 

 

"Aigo... parents..." she said then went to grab her phone that was charging on the bedside. She finally read Yongguk's text and smiled.

 

“I just sat around. What about you?”

 

 

Jieun's parents sat in the back yard balcony, talking on the phone with Yongguk's parents.

 

“Yes! The phone records here are the same as well! It seems they really are keeping in contact.” Jieun's father said with a chuckle.

 

“Now we need to take it to the next level.” Yongguk's father said with a chuckle on the other line.

“Level? What next level?” Jieun's mother asked peculiarly.  “Let’s starting reading what they text about.” Yongguk's mother said with a joyful tone.

 

“What?! No, no! Aren’t we taking it too far if we do this?” Jieun's mother asked in disagreement. “I believe that we should give them their privacy. Just knowing that they text regularly is enough. Right?”

 

There was silence on the other end while Yongguk's parents discussed something quietly that was hard to hear.

 

“Hello?” Jieun's father said after a while of silence. “Yes, we’re still discussing whether to agree or not.”

 

 

Yongguk walked out of the bathroom after brushing his teeth and into his room, throwing himself on the bed. He grabbed his phone with a hiss and checked if Jieun had text back yet.

 

“Oh! She’s finally texting back now?” He said with a scoff, looking at the time.

 

“So NOW you finally responded?”

“Do you know what time it is?”

“Why aren’t you sleeping?”

 

Jieun growled in annoyance reading all 3 of his incoming, non-stop messages.

 

“Why’re you asking so many questions?” She said with a scoff, sleeping with her back on her bed.

 

“Sorry, I was still charging my phone so I couldn’t respond.”

“Charging your phone? Is charging your excuse?”

 

Yongguk turned the lights out, leaving his phone light to illuminate his dark bedroom. He sighed deeply waiting for a text.

 

“No! I’m being serious.”

“Ok…I’ll believe you this once. What did you do today?”

 

Jieun chuckled and shook her head at his random question.

 

“Nothing. I just basically spent the day with my parents.”

“I’m surprised you didn’t spend the day with Zelo.”

 

Jieun scoffed and growled at her phone angrily.

 

“Why’re you being like this about Zelo and me?”

“Why can’t I?”

“We’re just friends.”

“Not in my eyes.”

 

Yongguk closed his eyes after sending the last text and took a deep breath.

 

“Oh? Is my dear Bbang jealous??”         

 

Yongguk read the text and opened his eyes wide, biting his lips and holding the phone tightly in his hands.

“Jealous?” He said through a stutter. He scoffed and started texting.

 

“He’s got to be jealous.” Jieun said with a chuckle, turning her lights off before laying down on her side with a smile.

 

“Well, aren’t we dating? If so, you should know my answer.”

 

Jieun widened her eyes and looked up to her ceiling. “Dating?” She said silently.

 

“Who said I’d be your girlfriend?”

“Me.”

“You never asked.”

“Fine. I’ll ask right now.”

“Why not face to face?”

“Hey Song Cheon-cheon, you expect me to fly there in an instant? I’m not as fast as a flash of lightening you fool.”

 

“Pabo?! Yah, if you don’t want to say it face to face then just say so!” She yelled to her phone with a glare.

 

“Call me then.”

 

Yongguk wandered his eyes wildly and sighed.

 

“If I call, I might choke from nervousness.” He said with an irritated look.

 

“No…it’s too late and I don’t want to talk too loudly at night or my parents will wake.”

 

Jieun scoffed loudly and laughed silently.

“Liar! You sleep on the top floor and your parents sleep on the bottom floor! How can they possibly hear you?!”

 

“Fine…start.”

“Start what?”

 

Jieun sighed with a scoff and shook her head. She blew air out of and moved her hair out of her face behind her ear.

 

“Now I see why you don’t have a girlfriend.”

 

Yongguk smiled and coughed silently with a laugh. “I’ve had more girlfriends than you’ve had boyfriends.”

 

“How are you sleeping?”

 

Jieun squint her eyes and reread the text with a sour expression.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“How can someone be so stupid?” Yongguk said with a scoff, texting quickly with an irritated expression.

 

“Are you sleeping on your back, stomach, right or left side? Stupid.”

 

“Ahhh…be more specific next time….” she said in frustration while texting quickly.

 

“My right side…why?”

“Ok…then I’ll sleep on my left side so it’d be as though I was facing you.”

 

Jieun softened her eyes and smiled with a silent chuckle. “So childish.” She said quietly.

 

“Why? I knew you wanted to sleep with me, you sicko.”

“You’re the sicko! I wanted to face you so we could talk.”

“About what?”

“Look at me and I’ll tell you.”

 

Jieun scoffed and chuckled with a huge smile.

 

“How?!”

“Use your imagination thickhead! I’m already looking at you but it’s hard to see you.”

 

Jieun sighed and looked up in front of her phone as though Yongguk was lying beside her. She smiled and reminisced about all the times they’ve slept together when they were younger. Only that, this time was much different.

 

“Ok, I’m looking at you. Tell me.”

“Come closer.”

 

Jieun chuckled silently and covered . She felt her heart jumping as she slowly scooted over a little on the bed.

 

Yongguk smiled and waited for her to text back with a sigh.

“How should I do this?” He asked himself silently with a thinking expression.

 

“Ok! Ok! Too close! I’m suffocating!”

 

Jieun stopped what she was texting and read Yongguk's text with a loud chuckle.

”Who’s suffocating who?!”

 

“Just tell me what you want to talk about before I turn my back to you!”

“Fine! Listen closely.”

 

Jieun chuckled texting quickly with her shoulders shaking while she tried her hardest not to laugh out loud.

 

“Hurry! You’re breathing all over my face. It’s disgusting!”

 

Yongguk chuckled silently and took a deep breath.

 

“We…what would happen if we really dated?”

 

Jieun stopped her chuckling instantly and bit her lips thinking. “Dating? Does he really actually think of dating me?”

 

“Our parents would be happy.”

“I know, but…would you be happy?”

 

Jieun held her breath without realizing it and stared at a blank wall with overlapping thoughts.

“Happy? Would I be happy?” She asked herself silently. She held her phone in her hand and thought deeply as she slowly closed her heavy eyelids and falling into a deep sleep.

 

A/N: Haha, lazy her… never got to answer Yongguk's question… instead she slept.. XD

<> I want this story to be real… When you read this fic, close your eyes and picture it all happening…

Then you’ll want to read it even more… especially with Bangsong in it.... right??? /sighs dreamingly/   

Hehe... please don't forget to leave a comment okay? Until next time, much love! <3