Rescue

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

"BANG YONGGUK!!!!!!!" Jieun yelled his name loudly in fear, worry all over her eyes.

 

"You got to be kidding me." Yongguk said annoyed. He took a deep breath and took his hands out of his pockets, eyeing the man who stole her purse.

He took a quick glance at Jieun and then quickly chased after the man that was wearing a dark beanie with a black hoodie over his head.

 

"BANG YONGGUK! Please-please-please get it back!" Jieun yelled loudly through stutters, feeling fear and anger overcome at the same time.

She slowly chased after them limping slowly, wincing while others looked at her oddly and panicked at her situation.

 

Yongguk ran as fast as he could, breathing heavily and eyeing the man with Jieun's white purse.

 

Jieun sat by the bus stop with her fist tight, flicking her long hair away from blocking her face.

"My first time out in the city and I get robbed?!" She yelled angrily standing up and looking around for Yongguk.

She felt a breeze blow by her and quickly sat back down, feeling her nose started to turn pink from the cold. She sniffed and sat down with her chest down to her knees looking at her chapped legs.

Every time a person stared at her, she looked down immediately in fear.

Before she knew it, tears started to stroll from her eyes.

"Bbang bbang." She said through light cracks. "Hurry up… I'm cold." She whined squeezing her face between her knees. She cried sadly and shivered from the cold breeze running pass her.

 

 

 

Yongguk slowly walked from afar seeing her sitting at the bus stop. He tilted his head and sighed deeply, catching his breath with tiredness.

He walked closer to her and stared at her awkwardly. She kept herself sitting on the ground, motionless and wept while he gulped and squinted his eyes.

"Jieun! Song Jieun-ah!" Yongguk yelled standing in front of her. She kept her heads between her knees and continued crying and shaking.

He stood in front of her with confusion and poked her arm. She slowly looked up, her face pale and white.

He narrowed his eyes and backed up a bit seeing Jieun stare up at him with her teary eyes. He stared at her confused, holding her purse in his hand.

"Bang... Bang... Yong-Yongguk." She lightly said through cracks. He knelt down in front of her with narrowed eyes and bruises on his face along with a busted lip.

"I got your purse." He said handing it to her, wincing and catching his breath. She sniffed and slowly wiped her tears looking at him.

===================================================

 

"Yes, I understand." Yongguk's father said on the phone with narrowed eyes looking down to the carpet and sighing.

"What’s wrong?" Mrs. Bang asked while he shook his head. "Mr. Choi, the director, will be there tomorrow morning." He said grabbing his suitcase while Mrs. Bang gasped.

"Why so early?" She asked confused. He shook his head and shrugged. "I don’t know…but it must’ve been something urgent." He said.

Mrs. Bang sat down on the bed and sighed sadly staring at a picture frame of Yongguk and Jieun when they were still kids.

==============================

 

Yongguk and Jieun sat in the hotel room with 2 separate beds. He sighed and winced at the pain while she laid on the bed with a wet towel and some medicine by the bed.

She slowly opened her eyes after a while of sleep and slowly sat up feeling her head. She sighed and groaned silently.

"Go back to sleep." He told her, making her stare at him. He was sitting in front of the mirror in the bedroom with a small counter in front of him.

He stared at himself in the mirror and felt his bruises on his face and sighed.

"Bang Yongguk." She said quietly, sitting up and sniffing. He looked at her and awkwardly and stood tall. "What?" He said taking his sweater off. She sniffed and crossed her arm, glancing back at her purse on the counter beside her bed.

"Thanks for… getting my purse back." She said scratching her head and looking down. "Wow, this is a dream come true." He said laughing.

"Song Cheon-cheon is saying ‘thanks’ to me." He said chuckling then rubbed his chin and smiled. Jieun smiled and shook her head.

"Wow, this must be a dream come true." She mocked laughing. "Bang Yongguk helped bring my purse back and took care of me while I was sick." She said with a light and tired smile.

He looked down and smiled sweetly, realizing he did do that for her. She slowly got out of the bed and sighed walking towards him.

"Here, let me help you with your scars." She said smiling. He looked at her weirdly and backed away quickly. "No! That’s the last thing I’ll want you to do." He said chuckling. She stopped walking and grabbed the First-Aid Kit smiling.

========================================

 

Mr. Song stood at the door of their house with the door open. He had a sad expression and was also dressed in his pajamas.

"Well, we don’t want you guys to leave yet…but I won’t stop you if it’s urgent." He said. Mr. Bang shook his head.

"We don’t want to leave either, but there was a last minute call." He said shaking his head. Mrs. Bang and Mrs. Song hugged each other good bye.

"Please let my Yongguk know that we left and for him to come home as soon as he gets back." She said worriedly. Mrs. Song nodded then Mr. and Mrs. Bang left.

 

 

 

Yongguk sat on the bed with Jieun standing in front of him. She had some ointments on a cotton ball, dabbing at the bruises and cuts on his lips.

"Hey, what made you so afraid to travel by yourself out in the city?" He asked her. She slowly stopped and sighed deeply.

"Don’t breathe in my face!" He yelled scrunching his nose, making her laugh.

"Well, what happened earlier is a perfect example why I don’t know my place in this city." She said lightly opening a band aid. Yongguk just sat there and watched her silently.

"My parents don’t go out with me so the only person I know that can protect me is Hyosung unnie."

"Protect you?" He said opening his eyes and looking at her face so closely. He looked at her long eyelashes and nicely trimmed eyebrows. He looked at her whole face and gulped slowly taking his eyes off her face quickly and looked down.

 

 

 

In the morning, there was a knock at the door making Mrs. Song quickly run to open it.

"You guys are back!" She yelled excitedly watching Jieun shake her head.

"Mom, NEVER do that again." She said while walking straight to her bedroom with an irritated sigh. Yongguk watched as she walked up the stairs and chuckled.

"Are you guys ok?" She asked with a hand to her chest and a worried look while Yongguk walked inside and nodded. His face was slightly healed with little bits of band aids to cover his wounds.

"Yes Mrs. Song, we’re fine." He said chuckling while she kept a perplexed expression on his face, staring at Yongguk's wounds. "Where are my parents-"

"Bang Yongguk?" Mr. Song said walking down the stairs. Yongguk quickly looked up. "Yes Mr. Song?" He asked standing tall while Jieun's dad approached him, fixing his tie.

 

 

Jieun landed on her bed and threw her high heels on the ground. She wrapped herself in her blankets and laid her head on her comfortable pillows, closing her eyes and slightly relaxing her whole body.

She opened her eyes and thought about last night and how Yongguk helped her. She sat up and walked to sit at her desk, opening her diary and writing in it happily:

Bang Yongguk…isn’t as bad as I thought. <3

-Song Jieun

She reread what she wrote and smiled, standing up and stretching her arms. She heard the front door close and quickly looked towards her door, breaking her stretch.

 

Yongguk carried his bags and walked outside the house, slowly looking back at Jieun's room window. He slightly smiled with a sigh then headed towards his car and threw his bags in.

Jieun hid from the window while he looked up to her room and fixed on a confused expression.

"Where is he going?" She thought worriedly looking to the ground with a concerned expression.

She watched as Yongguk drove off and then slowly walked towards her bedroom door. She stood at her door and straightened her clothing and then took a deep breath.

"Let’s not make this awkward." She thought to herself trying to break a smile.

 

"Mom." She said walking down the stairs and looking around while her father appeared from the corner. "You’re back." He said smiling with a chuckle. Jieun scoffed and shook her head.

"Surprised?" She said chuckling, sitting down on the couch. Her father smiled and drank his coffee. Jieun slowly looked around and crossed her arms.

"Um…where’s Mr. and Mrs. Bang?" She asked confused. "There was an urgent call last night when you and Yongguk were gone." Her mother said drinking some juice.

"So they left last night already." She said. Jieun slowly nodded with a confused face.

"They wanted Yongguk to leave as soon as possible when he got here." Her father added. Jieun looked to the ground making her parents chuckled.

"What’s with the face?" Her mother asked with a confused, yet happy smile. "You guys never got along so I didn’t think you would think much of it." She said. Jieun looked up and laughed sarcastically.

"I don’t care." She said fixing her hair. "It just feels… awkward now that the house is so quiet again." She said smiling and getting up.

"Mom and dad, I’m going to go shower and then go out with Hyosung unnie ok?" She said then her parents nodded and smiled.

Jieun ran up her stairs and closed the door to her bedroom. She sighed sitting on her bed and smacked her lips sadly. She took a glance at her phone and smiled, biting her lips.

 

 

Yongguk drove in the car with a sigh until his phone rang and broke his train of thought. He put on his earpiece and slightly coughed.

"Hello?" He answered with a clear tone in his voice.

 

A/N: Hmm, shall it be Jieun??? Kekekeke... Frenemies building... XD

I hope the story's getting interesting so far.... :/ Please leave comments yerobun!!

Until next time, saranghae yerobun! BBCnTSFAM signing out! PYONG!~