Single

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

The next early morning, Yongguk got out of the shower, neatly cleaned and rushed down the stairs to meet his father and eat breakfast.

 

"Why so cheery today?" His father asked in confusion. "Ahhh…dad…do you need any help with work?" He asked while wandering his eyes and grabbing himself some breakfast.

 

"No…why do you ask all of a sudden?"

 

"Well…I need to keep busy and I’ll be more than happy to help you with ANYTHING in particular that you’re doing ALONE." He said with a proud smile. His father chuckled and shook his head.

 

"You were never interested in my work Yongguk. Why do you want to keep busy?" His father asked curiously.

Yongguk stuffed a piece of bacon in his mouth and gulped down his drink.

 

"I…I just want to." He said with a shrug. "Why? Now you don’t want me to keep busy?" He asked with wide eyes.

 

"What’re you two doing arguing in the morning?" His mother asked walking into the kitchen after grocery shopping. Yongguk instantly stood up and helped his mother with the bags.

 

"Mom…dad is hiding stuff from me." He whined and set the groceries on the counter. His father chuckled and shook his head.

 

"Yongguk wants to help with critiquing the parks in this area." He said while drinking the last of the milk in his cup. His mother looked at Yongguk oddly and then to his father.

 

"What?? Help?" She asked unbelievably. Yongguk nodded, stuffing some bread and toast in his mouth with a smile. "I don’t think I can trust him-"

 

"What?! If he wants to help them of course he should help!" Yongguk's mother yelled loudly. He chuckled and stood up from his seat, brushing his hands together.

 

"Solved!" Yongguk said with a smile, swallowing the remainder of his food.

 

"Now that we have the results I want, I’ll be going out." He said then ran up the stairs to get himself ready. His parents watched him disappear into his room before speaking together.

 

 

"Why did you do that? He’s just playing around. Work and play is different." Yongguk's father said angrily.

 

"I know…but when was the last time our Yongguk asked if we needed help?" She asked curiously. "Maybe Jieun's changing him." She said with a huge smile. Yongguk's father looked down and sighed with a nod.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later on in the afternoon, Jieun walked into her bedroom and put on some soothing music while looking through some photobook.

She ate some ice cream and fried chicken in her room comfortably to help restrain her headache that was building up. She chuckled and took out her phone.

 

 

Yongguk was at the bar waiting for Daehyun, Himchan and Jongup's arrival as a picture message came to his phone.

 

 

"Lookie here at what I'M eating :) you’re missing out!"

 

 

Yongguk looked at the picture with a smile and chuckled silently to himself. In the photo was Jieun smiling angelically, staring at the ice cream with a drumstick in .

 

"Pig." He said with a smile.

 

 

"Bang Yongguk!" Himchan yelled loudly. Yongguk quickly set his phone into his pocket and stood up.

 

"FINALLY you guys are here!" He yelled in annoyance.

 

"Hey, we just finally got back. You have no idea how tired I am right now." Jongup yawned loudly and scowled at Yongguk.

 

"Yea, we were just going to go home and rest, but we didn’t want to stand you up." Himchan said with a long stretch while Daehyun scoffed and walked ahead.

 

"Yeah, yeah." Yongguk smiled and sipped his drink. "You three can never live without alcohol. Come on…I’m treating." He added, making Himchan and Jongup look up at him with huge smiles.

 

"Oh! Since you’re treating I guess we’ll stay." Jongup said rubbing his neck with a chuckle and grabbing a drink.

 

"What’re you doing back anyways? I thought you’d stay with Jieun for a while since you two are…" Daehyun wandered his eyes and formed a bubble in his mouth.

 

"A couple?" Jongup finished. Yongguk turned to look at him with a chuckle. "Couple? I don’t know if we’re even compatible anymore." Yongguk said then chuckled and drank some more.

 

"Hey what happened?" Himchan asked curiously. Yongguk shook his head and sighed deeply.

 

"You guys argued again, huh?" Jongup scoffed and chuckled. "You two argue so much it’s not even surprising anymore."

 

"No, we didn’t argue." Yongguk said, lightly shaking his head. "Then what?!" Himchan yelled loudly.

 

"I’m tired of having to guess what’s wrong with you." He added. Yongguk glanced at them and chuckled lightly.

 

"I was going to stay another night and then follow my parents’ home, but…but it seems that her relationship with Zelo is deepening." He had an annoyed expression on his face and drank some more.

 

"What did they do?" Daehyun asked. "He came over and asked her out on a date." Yongguk told them. Himchan and Jongup scoffed and chuckled.

 

"Hey! Just because they went on ONE date doesn’t mean that Jieun has lost interest in you! Stop assuming such negativity." Jongup said in annoyance. Yongguk looked at them in confusion.

 

"You can’t expect her to only focus on you. She’s probably just being nice to Zelo. I’d be disappointed if I asked a girl on a date and she rejected me. Jieun's one of those nice girls, you know." Himchan said then drank his drink with a sigh.

 

 

Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun and Jongup walked towards their cars as Yongguk sighed loudly.

 

"Are you going to visit Jieun soon?" Himchan asked curiously. Yongguk shrugged his shoulders and shook his head with a smile.

 

"No, I’m going to make her visit me." He said conceitedly. Jongup, Daehyun and Himchan stopped walking and glared at Yongguk.

 

"What?" Yongguk asked with a chuckle. "I want her to miss me first." He continued.

 

"Yah, yah yah yah, you’re going way too far Bang Yongguk." Daehyun said with a chuckle while Himchan scoffed.

 

"With you acting like that, I wouldn’t care if Jieun ended up dating Zelo instead." Himchan said. Yongguk stiffened at the sound of Zelo's name.

 

"Plus, it seems you’re the one missing her first." Jongup said. They chuckled silently and then walked ahead of Yongguk as he stood behind and scoffed.

 

"Anyways, have you even made it official?" Daehyun asked turning to face Yongguk while walking backwards towards his car.

 

"What? Made what official?" Yongguk asked in confusion. "Make her your actual girlfriend before getting angry over which guy approaches her." Daehyun said with a sour face.

 

"As of right now, you can’t really be angry at her for going on a date with Zelo…. because… she’s still considered single." Himchan said.

 

Yongguk glared at them both angrily before slowly walking towards his car.

 

"Single?" He repeated with a scowl. "After all we’ve been through everyone still considers her single?" He scoffed and sat in his car with a sigh.

 

"How do I make this official?" He rubbed his chin and sighed.

 

A/N: Hehe... some thinking for Yongguk!!! All because of HimUp and Dae!! Haha...

Sorry if this chapter was a little erm.... dragging... >.< I tried, but... eh...

I'll have a more intersting chapter up another time... hahaha....

So.... have a nice day everyone!!! <3