Fly Away

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

Yongguk smiled and grabbed a nice pair of jeans and a plaid shirt, along with a leather jacket connected with a hoodie. He grabbed his baggy black beanie and slipped on a black scarf to warm his neck up.

 

"Where’re we going?" Jieun text him.

 

"Somewhere. If our parents have the heart to trick us this badly without warning, why can’t we do the same?"

 

Yongguk smiled evilly at his last response and slipped his phone in his jean pocket. He heard speaking in the backyard and looked out his window, realizing that his parents were both outside, probably talking on the phone with Jieun's parents.

He scoffed with a crooked smile and hurried out of his room, slid down the stairs, and out the front door along with his car keys.

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun looked around and bit her lips, realizing that her break was over. She held her phone tightly in her hands and took a deep breath, shutting her eyes tight. She quickly walked into an elevator just in time for her coworker to see her.

 

"Hey Song Jieun! You’re not working!?"

 

"Sorry! I have to leave!" She yelled before the elevator door closed. Jieun smiled and stood impatiently with her phone tightly in her hand.

 

 

When she arrived home, she slowly opened the front door, in hope that her parents wouldn’t see her since this was to get them back for what they did.

 

She walked in, noticing that they were nowhere in sight and sighed nervously. She heard speaking from the backyard and chuckling, knowing that both their parents were gossiping on the phone together. She smacked her lips and headed up the stairs as fast as possible.

 

 

 

Yongguk was already 15 minutes away from Jieun's house until he got a call from her. He quickly slipped on his Bluetooth and sighed, hoping she didn’t reject what he said.

 

"Hello?" He answered. "You’re on your way?" She asked. "Yes, why? Did something go wrong?" He asked worriedly in anticipation.

 

"No, I’m at Hyosung's house. Just come over here so my parents won’t be suspicious."

 

Yongguk sighed from annoyance and looked down as Jieun chuckled on the other end.

 

"And don’t worry. Hyosung unnie and Gikwang aren’t going to tag along this time." He looked up and smiled with a sigh of relief.

 

 

 

Yongguk's parents spoke on the phone outside their backyard terribly with worried faces.

 

"How are we going to tell Jieun that Yongguk got sick because of us?" Yongguk's mother asked in concern. "I believe we did pull it too far this time."

 

"It’s okay. Jieun gets off work at 4pm today. We’ll notify her about Yongguk's condition till then." Her father said.

 

"How is Yongguk doing though?" Jieun's mother asked curiously. "He wants us to leave him alone so we’re not bothering him. He’ll talk to us when he wants to." His mother said sadly.

 

"Don’t worry, he’s a big boy, he’ll be fine." His father said with a huff.

 

 

================================================

 

Yongguk arrived at Hyosung's house and smiled when he saw Jieun's car. He jogged towards the front door and knocked slowly.

 

The door slowly opened and behind it stood Jieun who looked up at him with huge round eyes, not sure whether she should smile or not.

 

He nervously looked down from embarrassment at what he had said to her before at her house. He sighed and glanced at her.

 

"You ready to go?" He asked.

 

"Where are you guys going?" Hyosung asked from behind as Yongguk glared at her. "None of your business." He said with a smirk. Jieun gently pushed his shoulder from speaking to her rudely as he coughed.

 

"We’ll be back soon." He said with half a smile. "Be careful and I hope you get your parents back for what they did." Gikwang said with a chuckle beside Hyosung. Yongguk looked down and smiled.

 

"Where’s your luggage?" Yongguk asked, staring at Jieun with curious eyes. "It’s in my car. Why?" She asked.

 

"We’re going in my car." He said and then looked at Hyosung.

 

"Is it okay to leave Jieun's car here for a while?" Hyosung looked at Gikwang and smiled.

 

"Am I…allowed to drive it?" She asked, looking at Jieun with friendly eyes. Jieun scoffed and nodded.

 

"Just be careful with it." She said with a chuckle.

 

"Oh! Then yes! You can leave the car here."

 

Yongguk and Jieun waved as he went to grab her baggage, putting it in his car before they drove off. She slowly buckled her seatbelt peculiarly, glancing at him as he started the engine and drove.

 

 

"Where are we going?" She asked inquisitively. He glanced at her and sighed deeply.

 

"You’ll see." He answered quickly and leaned his head back on the seat, driving briskly.

 

They sat in silence all the way till they got near to the place as it started snowing. Yongguk looked out the window and watched the flakes slowly hit the streets while Jieun looked at him oddly.

 

"We’re coming all the way up here to the mountains? Is it safe since it’s snowing a lot? What if we get stuck??" She asked one question after another. He glowered at her and reached his hand over to push her forehead, forcing the back of her head to lie on the seat.

 

"Mmm!!" She grunted from his force, trying to sit back up. "Stop asking questions and sleep! I’ll wake you up when we arrive." He said in annoyance.

 

She scoffed then leaned her head back against the seat, taking a deep breath. She glanced at him with a chuckle and slowly closed her eyes even though she wasn’t tired at all.

 

"Fine. You better not leave me in here." She said with a smile and closed her eyes. He chuckled and glimpsed at her every now and then, trying to concentrate on getting safely to his beloved cabin home.

 

 

 

Yongguk finally stopped his car outside a snow-filled area and a huge cabin.

 

The cabin was huge and made completely out of huge logs with a few huge windows for beautiful sceneries.

 

"I know this place." Jieun said, watching his relaxed expression with a smile. He opened his eyes and stared at her while the soft snow slowly fell onto their clothes.

 

"Really? How?" He asked unbelievably as he opened his side of the door and got out. She chuckled and opened the door, stepping out with him.

 

"Well, I’ve never been here before…but…isn’t this the cabin your mother took a picture of that one time?" She asked, staring at the huge cabin with a smile. He glanced at her and walked over to her side with a chuckle.

 

"I’m surprised you remember." He said then crossed his arms. She scoffed and brushed the snow off her shoulders and hair. He looked at her and noticed that her nose was turning red from the cold air.

 

He glimpsed at her bare neck and recognized that she wasn’t wearing a scarf. He stood across from her and slowly took his scarf off of his neck. She took a step back when he held her still and clicked his tongue from annoyance.

 

She looked down while he stood closely in front of her and carefully fixed the scarf around her tiny and cold neck.

 

 

"This is my secret hideout." He said with a chuckle as she scoffed. "It’s not very much a ‘secret’ hideout if your mother took a picture of it." She laughed silently as he gently choked her neck with his scarf.

 

"Ah, sorry!" She yelled with a chuckle and looked up at him with a smile. He focused on the scarf and brushed off all the snowflakes.

 

"I come here every year for my birthday." He said with a smile and took a step back from her, heading towards the stairs and front door.

 

"Birthday? And how come I wasn’t invited?!" She yelled loudly, following after him.

 

"No one celebrates their birthday with their worst enemy." He said with a scoff, taking his key out of his pocket. She stood behind him and fixed his scarf on her after a huff and scoff.

 

"What’s there to celebrate alone here anyways?" She asked as they walked in. Her eyes widened in shock once she laid eyes on the perfect brick walls in the inside of the cabin building along with a huge fireplace that warmed her up instantly.

 

There were fake leaf vines lined up along the corners of the cabin inside vases and candles lit almost everywhere, making a sweet scent come out of the room.

 

"This is… so pretty." She said with a smile, fixing her hair. "I know…I designed it." He said with a proud smile.

 

Jieun chuckled and took the scarf off as Yongguk went to sit on a couch nearby. She walked towards a pot of flowers and smiled, feeling the soft petals.

 

"You designed all of this?" She asked amazed. "Yes." He answered with a yawn and stretch. She turned to look at him and smiled, walking towards him.

 

"When was this ever here?" She asked curiously, sitting down on a separate couch and taking her coat off, revealing her long sleeve. He shrugged and lifted his arms behind his head, relaxing.

 

"After I started driving I plotted this place and made it my own." He looked around with a proud smile at what he’s created.

 

"Amazing aren’t I?" He said proudly. She scoffed and lightly nodded with a shrug. "I should’ve thought of this." She said with a chuckle and looked beside her on the counter. She saw a photo of Yongguk with his parents, making her face him quickly.

 

"Oh! What if our parents find out about this?" She asked worriedly. "Did you do what I told you to do?" He asked while standing up and taking his coat off. She nodded and sighed. "I felt horrible lying, but yes.

 

"Ok, that’s all that matters then." He headed towards the kitchen and glanced back at her. "Let me show you around."

 

A/N: So they've fled for the revenge!! And during their time alone, they'll have many sweet moments!!!! Kekekekekke... Welcome new subs! I hope everyone's caught up!! Keke...

I'll try to do a double update today, since it's been such a long while since I've updated..

But I'll try my best, since I'm at my sister's place, I can only update now!!! Kekeke...

Plus, I have been updating outside of AFF on my laptop, so I have two chapters written!!

I'll update again in a bit, okay?? Thanks for all your patience!!! Until next time!! ^_^