Peaceful Beside You

This Is What We Are: Frenemies

“You want to…do something for me in return?” He asked silently with a kid smile on his face that made Jieun unsure if she should say yes or no.

“Depends what you’re thinking of.” She answered with a hesitant look on her face. He leaned back on his chair with a smile that made her heart warm. He crossed his arms and smiled.

“Sing me the lullaby that my mom used to sing to us before we sleep when we were still younger.” He said with a smile. She smiled staring at his face, knowing that he was thinking back to that time again when they were younger.

“I want to hear it tonight before I sleep.” He told her. She chuckled and shrugged, stuffing a chunk of meat in . “Fine.” She answered with full.

Yongguk watched as she ate faster and laughed silently, grabbing his chopstick and giving her a last glance before eating his food with a warm and happy heart.

 

It was the first day ever that they both felt sincere towards one another rather than rivals and feeling hate and disgust.

               

Jieun sat in her bedroom on the phone with Hyosung after cleaning up.

“I feel like I haven’t talked to you in so long.” She said with a smile, wiping from the after taste of the pork ribs.

“It does! How have you been?” Hyosung's voice was full of excitement and happiness that made Jieun smile so widely.

“I’ve been…..” Jieun reminisced about her days with Yongguk and smiled. “I’ve been good. Hey are you doing anything tomorrow?”

“I have a date tomorrow.” Hyosung said with a smile. “Ahhh… that explains the tone in your voice then!” Jieun said with a chuckle.

Hyosung laughed with a gasp and blushed. Jieun heard a man’s voice on the background at Hyosung's place and smiled with a gasp.

“Is that him?” Jieun asked shocked. “Yes…his name is Lee Gikwang. I’ll tell you all about him some other time.”

Jieun nodded and they hung up after their goodbyes.

 

Jieun walked out of her bedroom and down the stairs with her phone in her pocket. She chuckled when she spotted Yongguk starring at a photo of her and him when they were still younger.

She took a deep breath and walked over to him, standing closely beside him with their arms lightly touching.

“When was this?” Yongguk asked with a snicker, knowing exactly when and where this photo was taken. “Well, if you MUST know…this was before my facial hair was all burnt.” Jieun sighed angrily then took a deep breath.

“Hey, you have to be honest, it was a great moment!” He had a huge smile on his face filled with laughter while Jieun's angry smirk slowly turned into a silent laugh.

“You SHOULDN’T have told our parents about what happened!” She yelled with an embarrassed chuckle, slapping his arm. His eyes grew wide and his shoulders shrugged.

“I thought you told them about it!” He yelled with a chuckle. “I thought you told them everything.” He repeated. Jieun crossed her arms and glanced at him.

“Well, you thought wrong.” She said silently with her head looking down.

Yongguk kept his eyes on the picture and noticed Youngjae on the background of the picture. He was unsure whether this was a good timing to ask Jieun about her and Youngjae's relationship at the moment or not.

He turned to look at her and noticed she was still staring at the picture with her face filled with relaxation. He smiled and opened his mouth to speak when he was interrupted by Jieun's ringing phone.

“Oh, Youngjae-ah,” she picked up her phone with a smile. Yongguk closed his mouth and looked down.

He took one glance at her while his lips before pursing them together and slipping his hands in his pockets. He sighed and walked into the guestroom with his head down.

 

“Hi Jieun. Are you doing anything tomorrow?” Youngjae asked curiously. She glanced over at Yongguk, who closed his door slowly and shrugged with a smile.

“Well, I have to work tomorrow in the afternoon. As for the rest of the day, I’m not sure yet.” She said then smiled hearing Youngjae chuckling.

“Oh, you didn’t tell me that you’re working! Where do you work at?” He asked her. She smiled and walked to sit in the living room.

“Yeah, my mom got me at job in the fashion section at our company.” She said with a chuckle.  “That’s really great. I might stop by to visit you at work then.” He told her. Jieun looked down with a smile.

 

Inside, she felt an odd feeling of sadness and awkwardness, but all at the same time, she couldn’t figure out why. She hung up the phone after they talked then walked up to her bedroom and yawned deeply before sitting on her bed.

 

She slightly tilted her head and walked to her desk to take her diary out. She read all the entries she wrote about Yongguk in the past.

A smile came across her face, as well as a couple of laughs when she realized how much she had hated him.

She looked up with a peculiar look on her face and sat up tall when she realized that she didn’t feel any hatred towards him anymore.

She her cheeks in and stood up, walking out of her bedroom and down the stairs.

               

Yongguk was lying on his bed, fully awake with his phone by his pillow. He sighed and squint his eyes, trying to put all the pieces of his feelings together.

He didn’t want himself to seem weak, but he was feeling weak in the inside and it made him feel helpless.

 

There was a knock at his door as he slightly shook and closed his eyes tightly, making it seem as though he was asleep.

“Bang...... Yongguk?” Jieun's quiet voice said. Yongguk remained silent and listened to the sound of her voice that brought a smile to his face. He kept quiet until he felt her walking towards him.

His back was facing her so she couldn’t see his face at all. He in his lips when he felt her sitting down on his bed, sagging the opposite side of the bed.

He kept his eyes closed, trying to listen to what she was going to do, but then he felt her tiny fingers touching his hair.

“Yongguk.” She whispered so silently again. He remained silent and breathed slowly, feeling her soothing and comfortable touch.

 

Out of the blue, he heard her starting the melodic lullaby that she promised to sing to him earlier. He instantly opened his eyes, certain that she was unable to see his face at all.

She was unaware that he was awake and continued her soft singing while her fingers ran through his hair over and over again.

He lay silently, listening to her gentle voice and the way she sang so perfectly. She sounded just like his mother, which brought a warm feeling to his heart.

As she sang, he smiled and closed his eyes, processing her peaceful singing and voice into his mind. He felt her voice crack a little and realized that she was relaxing her head on her arm that was lying on his bed.

She cleared and sang again but a yawn broke her singing.

Yongguk chuckled silently and endured his silence when she finally stopped her lullaby.

 

After a few minutes he turned around to glance at her and noticed that she was already sleeping soundly by his bedside. He was still fully awake, therefore he slowly moved the covers off of him and walked to stare at her with a smile.

He was shirtless with his sweats on only, and this brought an unusual feeling to his heart, but he sighed and slipped his hands in his sweat pockets.

He walked towards her and effortlessly carried her onto his bed. She laid there peacefully and immediately cuddled her body into his pillow and blanket.

He watched her and noticed her smile when she inhaled his scent.

“So….beautiful.” He said in a whisper while staring at her. He bent down a little to take a closer look at her and gently lifted a finger to touch her face.

He moved his hand back when she slowly moved, hugging his pillow in her hands. He chuckled and scratched his neck.

“Bang Bbang….” she said tiredly in her sleep with a smile. He narrowed his eyes at her and smiled at her actions, rubbing his lip with his thumb.

 

A/N: Aw!!!!! Lovey Dovey Bangsong moment!!!!! Kekekeke... Feeling too much love today!

/SIGHS/ I just can't control it!!! XD Welcome new subs and current subs!!!

Please don't forget to leave feedbacks and let me know how it's going for yallz otay?

Until next time, saranghae yerobun!! BBCnTSFAM signing out!! PYONG!!~