Be Careful.

Revenge.


P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 5 / 0 4 / 2 0 1 3
 Chapter Two  : Be careful.

"Where did she go?" he muttered softly before ruffling his own hair.

 

“Hey, Brian greeted her as he walked into her room. “I’m taking Celestial out. You want to come along?” Hae Jung shook her head as she continued to stare at the ceiling. It’s been a few days since they completely wiped out the newborns that kept entering their territory. It’s about time that the newborns gave it a rest because as long as they were around, they wouldn’t stand a chance. “Go knock yourself out, but remember that we have to take care of a few newborns later. They just never stop.” She eyed him for a moment before he nodded his head. “I’ll be back by 5.00p.m.”

He leaned in closer to give a kiss on her forehead before leaving. He ruffled her hair before he left, leaving the door open. She let out a heavy sigh before she got up. She walked over to the picture hanging on her wall. The nail was loose on the wall but it was solid to stay in place. The picture frame collected dust but it didn’t bother her at all. She smiled a little as she stared at the photo. It was very rare for her to smile but when she does, it’s the most heartwarming sight yet. “I’ll get you back.” She muttered softly before jerking up a little when she heard someone saying “You miss them, don’t you?”

She gulped and snatched the knife on the table beside her, aiming it at the guy standing by the door of her room. “Hey, it’s just me.” He grinned before entering. “God! I told you to stop doing that!” She complained before stabbing the knife on the table. “Don’t worry, soon.. You’ll be able to do with what I promised you.”

She nodded her head before he tilted her head to face him when he stood in front of her. “Plus, you’ll have to work for it.” She rolled her eyes before pushing him away. “Like I don’t know that.”

“Maybe you should go out for some air or something, you look dead.” Yunho commented as he looked worried about the girl in the same room as him. He placed his hand on her cheek to caress her cheek with his thumb. Her cheeks were pale. She would always refrain from drinking blood even though Yunho would be the one getting the blood packs for them. “Like I was even alive.” She snapped at him before gently pushing away his hand to take her jacket. “I’ll be back in a while.” She said as she wore the jacket on her way out. “Where are you off to?” He shouted at her as she walked down the stairs. “Off to feel alive!” She slammed the door shut before walking into the woods.

As she drowned herself into pure serenity and peace, a beeping sound could be heard from her pocket. She pulled out her phone, only to read a text message from Yunho.

Make sure you’re back here by tonight.
I have something for you to take care of!

From YH. Sent at 3.02p.m.

She shoved her phone back into her pocket before dodging the boy that was about to crash onto her. Her sharp instincts held onto him before he could fall flat on his face. She pulled him back and their eyes met as he stared into her eyes. She let go of him and she could tell he was a newborn, but his scent was different from all the newborns she’s been encountering lately. It seems like he wasn’t from the Carrion Clan, he had the scent of a Dynarion Clan member. Maybe he was a member from another region, that’s what she thought.

“You were focusing too much on your left leg. Give both legs the same amount of force and speed before trying to dash quickly. If not, you’ll need to protect your face a lot more.” She said before she turned around. She could already tell he had his mouth gaped mouth open. “Wait,” The guy called out, making her turn around to look at him again.

She raised an eyebrow before he gulped. Even though she was a complete stranger, he had a deep feeling in his gut to know more about her.“H-How do you know all that?” She shrugged her shoulders before he widened his eyes. “You seem new, be careful. It’s not as safe as you think.” Was all she said before she disappeared from his sight instantly. The boy that had black hair, with slightly big black eyes was left in a shock. He looked left and right repeatedly, trying to look for the girl that had gave him a worthy advice. “Where did she go?” He muttered softly before ruffling his own hair.

“Hey, D.O.! You alright?” His friend called him out, turning him by his shoulders. He scanned the whole area again before nodding at his friend. “Y-Yeah, just.. A little bit careless. That’s all.”

His friend that went by the name of Chanyeol smacked his head, making D.O. whine a little. “Hey! What was that for?!”

“You know we should be more careful! We can’t afford to make mistakes!” Chanyeol hissed before D.O. smacked Chanyeol’s arm. “Well you’re not that careful either when we had to climb the mountain.”

“Shut your face idiot, and let’s get going.”

“Backfired.” D.O. snapped at him before dashing quickly away from Chanyeol before he could hit him.

 Hae Jung took in a deep breath before she climbed the tree. When she reached to the highest branch on the tree, she sat down comfortably. She rested her back on the tree trunk as she let the cool breeze run through her skin. At this moment, it would feel like heaven to close your eyes. But for Hae Jung it would be the opposite. She tried not to close her eyes unless it was necessary, apart from blinking. She scanned the whole forest even though she knew the forest at the back of her head, she can never be too careful.

Her eyes landed on one newborn that was sitting on the tree opposite her. His scent assured her that he was also a member in the Dynarion Clan. He had blond hair, with a slightly muscular body. From afar, he absolutely looked like a deer. He looked so serene as though nothing else mattered. She wondered how she would look like if she were to just close her eyes and relax. Then again, it probably wouldn’t happen to her. She heard a slight crack, and her eyes darted back at the same boy sitting on the tree opposite her. She heard the crack again but this time she saw the branch he was sitting on lower down just an inch.

She didn’t knew what came over her but she climbed up higher on the tree she was on before taking a huge leap towards the tree the boy was on. Before the boy could react to the tree branch breaking completely, she had already supported herself onto the tree branch above him. She gripped him by his arm, pulling him up until he was standing on the tree branch she was standing on.

His eyes widened so wide, she thought something was wrong with him. It was even weirder considering that he had such huge eyes already. She frowned a little before letting go of him when she noticed he could balance himself on the tree branch that was high off the ground. If it wasn’t for her, God knows how injured he would be even though he’s a newborn. She could tell it’s been only a few weeks since he’s turned into a vampire. If he’s not careful, and if his body isn’t fully developed, he might get seriously injured. “As much as it’s nice to be in a Zen mode, it’s also preferable if you could find a safe spot.”

“For instance,” She started out before pointing at a few trees in front of them. “-try those few trees. They’re really stable and less likely to break off like how the one you were sitting on did.”

He was debating whether he should ask for her name but he was too caught up at staring at her as she pulled out her phone from her pocket. “No, well..no harm done. I’m safe, don’t worry. Yes, I’ll be there.” Was all he could hear her say to the other end on the phone. She put her phone back into her pocket before patting his shoulder. “Be careful.”

Just like that, she disappeared again. He spun around to only check whether she was really gone. He let out a heavy sigh before he slapped himself. “Damn it! Luhan! You should’ve asked her for her name!”

He punched the tree, causing the tree to grumble. “Woah woah woah. Why is someone taking out his anger on a tree?”

“Put a sock in it Chen, I’m not in the mood.” The older guy snapped at him before looking around one last time, confirming that the girl was gone.

Hae Jung opened the door, only to be greeted with her pet eagle flying towards her. Her eagle was a Kentraski eagle. There was only a few left existing in the world, and hers was one of it. Since the gender of her eagle was a male, so she would usually use the term ‘he’ instead of ‘it’. His name was Styrke, which meant ‘strength’ in German. For short, she would call him Sty.

She sat down on the ground in the living room as the eagle got off her shoulder, only to stand opposite her on the ground. She his head gently before pulling her hand back. The door opened and Hae Jung didn’t even bother to get up and check, she could already sense it was Brian. “Hey, don’t you need to check around? What if someone else were to come in?” He already started to nag at her the moment he came back. He was always nagging and protecting her as if she was his own daughter.

“Sorry mother.” She rolled her eyes before he sat down beside her, in front of Sty. Celestial, Brian’s pet tigress laid down on the ground beside Hae Jung. Celestial is a white Benestial tigress. But this tigress and the eagle were no ordinary animals. They were just as powerful as vampires. One of the reasons how these two animals could kill many vampires was because vampires would underestimate these animals.

“We’ll leave in a few.” Brian said as he got up. She groaned as she decided to lay her head on Celestial’s body that was covered in white, soft fur. The tigress let out a soft growl before feeling good that Hae Jung was laying down on her. Hae Jung would rarely do it, but whenever she did it would make Celestial feel loved as at first, both of them got off the wrong foot. It was amusing to Hae Jung on how they became close instantly.

“Get up lazy , or we’ll be late. And when we’re late, we-“

“Oh shut up, I’m getting up.” She cut him off as she pushed herself up with the help of the tigress that pushed up slightly so she could stand on her feet.

Both of them took off towards the forest nearing the border of the Dynasty territory and the Cattrige territory. Within a few minutes, they were already in the forest. They could easily smell the scent of newborns from the Carrion Clan. “This is going to be easy.” Brian smirked as he already spotted a few coming towards their direction.

She kicked off the young man that tried to pounce on her, causing the young man to crash onto the tree that was a few meters away from her. She smirked before wiping the blood at the side of her lips. “You must be a newborn.” She could easily tell how long he’s been training. Say about..three months? She could see it all in his eyes.

The newborn gulped as he tried to get up with his eyes still not tearing away from her purple eyes, but he was too slow. She was already in front of him. “I’ll end this, slowly.” Her voice was so delicate, yet dangerous that it sent chills down the newborn vampire’s spine. He didn’t dare to move an inch, even though he was trained to excel.

“Hae Jung, stop it. End it quick. We have somewhere to be now.” A guy hissed at her as he just arrived at the scene. A loud roar of a tigress could be heard. Fast and quick footsteps past through the forest and soon stood a white Benesta tigress beside guy that snapped at her earlier.

“Plus, Celestial’s hungry.” He said as he patted his tigress’s head affectionately, despite his clothing being covered in blood.

She rolled her eyes before letting the sound of a man’s neck being twisted to be heard. “Fine, let’s go.”

“Where now?” She questioned as suddenly a cry of a Kentraski eagle could be heard from the sky. The eagle flew down directly to the girl and rested on the girl’s shoulder as she walked side by side with him. “Yunho has some matters to take care of. We have to help twelve newborns.” he stated simply as they both made their way out of the forest.

“What about the rest? Can’t he get Jonghyun or Kibum? I heard they’re his favourite.” She shrugged her shoulders, causing him to slap her arm softly. “Stop saying that, you know we’re all his favorites.”

The eagle on her shoulder made a slight chirping sound, agreeing with the young lad. He smiled before he glanced at the eagle. “Even Sty is agreeing with me.”

“To hell with the two of you. But really, why us?”

“Because we’re the closest to where they are right now. We might even have compromise a few things just to keep them safe. Jonghyun and Key are taking care of a few newborns at their region as well.”

“Where are they?” She questioned as she stopped walking. He raised an eyebrow as he stopped walking a few steps away from her.  “Since when you cared about the two of them?”

She let out a soft scoff before cocking her head sideways a little. “I meant the twelve newborns.” He pressed his lips together before rubbing the back of his neck, as he was a little embarrassed. The eagle on her shoulder was prepared to fly and the tigress got on its heels, ready to dash to where the boy was going to say.

“They’re at Luna Kris.”

She let out a soft groan before taking out one of her daggers that was slipped in her right boot. “What are those nine tailed witches up to now? Didn’t we warn them last time?” She hissed as the boy could only shrug his shoulders as he patted the white tigress’s head before bending down to whisper something into the tigress’s ears. As he leaned away,  the tigress dashed off. The eagle soon let out a cry before flying up to the sky as if it heard the whispers of its owner’s orders. Within seconds, the eagle and the tigress were out of sight.

“Ready?” He questioned her, even though he already knew the answer.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.”