A Lullaby.

Revenge.

 

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 0 / 2 0 / 2 0 1 3
 Chapter Three  : A Lullaby.

She pointed at the light bulb above her, "I'll kill you all once the light bulb stops flickering. Until then, you foxes can give me your best shot."

 

 

They arrived at the scene after a few minutes, only to be greeted with a big rock being thrown at their way. Brian hissed as the big rock cut open his shirt when he dodged the rock. Before the nine tailed fox could even react to anything, Brian had already killed her by twisting her neck with his bare hands.

“Well someone’s pissed today.” Hae Jung said as she brushed past him, entering the rundown building. As Brian followed behind her, he gulped. Not that he was afraid of the nine tailed foxes that dominated the whole building, but he was worried if the nine tailed foxes had laid hands on any of the twelve newborns.

“They’re on the floor below us.” Hae Jung said before making her way down with Brian following behind her.

True enough, as they arrived at the floor below them they could see the twelve newborns being surrounded by a room filled with nine tailed foxes. Some in full form, some not. The newborns looked scared at the same time they looked like they were prepared to kill anyone that was going to kill them first. She could tell that they had already killed countless amount of foxes but knowing that there were too many of them, they couldn’t possibly kill them all. Hae Jung took in a deep breath before giving orders to Brian. With a nod, Brian sprinted and soon he stood in the middle of the twelve newborns.

Usually, she wouldn't use her powers this way, but she hated nine tailed foxes the most. They're seductive yet ty. Witty but y. Swift, but totally useless. She would only use these powers on non-vampires, as it was the most easiest, yet suffocating way to kill them all at once. Certain vampires are not affected by this power, as to why she only uses this power on non-vampires.

“W-Who are you?” one of the newborns spoke as a light blue transparent force field shielded the twelve of them in an instant, protecting them all from any attacks but they could still see everything clearly.

“Keep quiet if you want to live.” Was all Brian said as he tried to keep the force field in place and stable using not even a bit of his powers.

As much as the twelve newborns didn’t want to obey the words of what Brian was saying, they followed his orders anyways. The aura Brian had around him was intimidating, but at the same time it was warm enough to let the twelve newborns know he mean no harm.

“I thought, I told you the consequences if you caused trouble again..right?” Hae Jung spoke as she walked into the room. The room was dead silent and no one dared to move. The newborns head shot up to look at who was speaking. Their gaze softened the moment their eyes laid on her. She was very beautiful indeed. She originally had brown eyes but whenever she was in the condition she was in now, her eyes would turn purple. She had brown wavy hair that covered her shoulders slightly as she was wearing a black tank top along with black shorts with plenty of pockets that God knows what she had kept in them. She had white milky skin with just a slight scar at the back of her hand.

 She smirked upon looking at the nine tailed foxes’ reactions’, there were easily twenty of them in the room.

“W-What are you doing here?” one of the girls spoke up, trying not to show she’s afraid of the vampire in the room.

“Here to clear up the mess.” Hae Jung made her way swiftly and she stood on top of the force field that Brian was controlling.

“Who is she?” One of the newborns unknowingly let out but he soon covered his own mouth when he realized he had said that out loud. Brian smirked as he found the newborn’s reaction cute. All newborns would act this way whenever they met Hae Jung.

“Why are we afraid of this ? Let’s just kill her!” Another girl spoke as Hae Jung could only let out a soft chuckle. “I’ll save you for later.” Hae Jung whispered loud enough for that specific girl to hear. “Wrong move.” Brian softly whispered as a few of the newborns turn around to look at the vampire that was literally saving their asses from being torn apart by the foxes.“I’ll give you five seconds, to transform into your full form.” She announced to some of the girls that haven’t transformed yet.

Within five seconds, the room was filled with nine tailed foxes. Those sneaky foxes with had long tails along with glaring red eyes. Hae Jung looked around the room when she realized that there was a light bulb flickering directly above her. “I’ll tell you what,”

She pointed at the light bulb above her, “I’ll kill you all once the light bulb stops flickering. Until then, you foxes can give me your best shot.”

Some of the foxes growled as they found it insulting that she was looking down on them even though she had every right to. Compared to them, Hae Jung was a lot stronger and capable of doing things they never thought it was possible. One after another started to pounce on Hae Jung as she dodged their attacks, not responding to their attacks yet.

Hae Jung jumped up high before gripping onto a loose wire on the ceiling right beside the light bulb. All the foxes froze and shot up to look at the vampire smiling down on them. “I think it’s my turn.” She whispered right after the light bulb died off but everything was still visible.

She landed back on the force field, as she started to sing in a language that the newborns didn’t understand. They didn’t even know why but they were in a trance when they heard her voice, even though it was faint.

Just like that, all the nine tailed foxes couldn’t move but they were still breathing. The twelve newborns in the force field felt dumbstruck, because they didn’t know what was going on.

“H-How is she doing that?” one of the newborns questioned as the other told him to shut up. “How are we not affected?” another newborn questioned. “What is she doing?”

“Why are the foxes not attacking her?”
“Are they stupid?”

“She’s putting them under her control.” Brian answered, causing all of the newborns to shut up. Instantly they shot their heads around to look at him. “What?!” They all chorused at the same time.

"That's crazy!"
"How?!"
"Is that even possible?!" Brian smiled softly before nodding his head once.  “Anyone that is under her voice from the beginning, let’s just say.. They won’t survive unless she lets you to. Plus, this force field has a few layers to refrain you guys from being affected.”

“What language is she singing in?”
“It sounds foreign.”
“It somehow sounds familiar.”

“Spanish.” Brian answered directly, causing most of them to gawk their mouths open.

“Spanish?!”

Hae Jung repeated the lullaby again, this time, slower as she raised her hand up in the air. She looked like she was gripping onto something, but there was nothing there. Her hand looked like she was crushing something hard but again, there was only air. At the same time, all the foxes in the room struggled for air. They looked like someone was suffocating them. “Painful, isn’t it?” Hae Jung questioned before she smirked.

She slowly clenched her fists and the nine tailed foxes bodies shook violently. Soon she clenched her fist tight, causing all the foxes in the room fell to the ground. They spitted out blood from their mouths except for one nine tailed fox that was still standing. That was the girl that called Hae Jung a . She smirked before sliding down from the force field. That fox changed back into its original form, thus changing back into a girl again. She crouched down to the ground and clenched her fist on her chest. “Why didn’t you kill me?”

“I want answers.” Hae Jung said as she stood in front of the girl. “Speak.”

“What makes you think I’ll talk to a like you?”

Hae Jung smirked before she pinned the girl down, with a dagger lingering at her neck. “Are you sure, you still don’t want to speak? I have all day.”

The girl fought the urge not to blurt out any information, but she was doing a horrible job at it. Hae Jung slit the knife in her pocket before tilting the girl’s head to meet her eyes. “If you don’t talk, you know what I’m capable of.”

“And it’s not,” Hae Jung leaned in closer to whisper in the girl’s ear, “-going to be pretty.”

“She sent us to kill them! They were here to kill us so we got orders to kill them first! Because they’re the chosen ones!” the girl let out as she cried. “That’s all I wanted to know.” Hae Jung whispered before she leaned away and stood up, facing the girl on the ground. “Please don’t kill me! I know somewhere deep down inside you’re still kind!”

Hae Jung scoffed as she let her back face her. The exact same girl from the ground got up with a terrified face on that soon turned into a glare. She got ready to pounce on Hae Jung from the back when Hae Jung turned around to toss a dagger right on the girl’s forehead, piercing directly onto the girl’s brain. The girl’s eyes rolled back as she fell backwards onto the ground, letting a loud thud to be heard.

“Kind..” Hae Jung muttered under her breath before turning around to face the newborns.

Before she could say anything to them, there was something beeping in her pocket. She pulled out her phone and it was a call from Yunho. She answered it and demanded for some answers.

“I’ll explain to you when we meet, meanwhile you and Brian have to take care of them.”

“You owe us one.” she snapped at the older vampire as the force field disappeared, letting the newborns move around and Brian made his way towards Hae Jung.

“I told you, I’ll explain everything. For now, they will follow you and Brian back to your place. Keep them safe. Answer to all their questions, well unless it’s really personal then it’s up to you. I’ll be there soon. Be nice.” Yunho said before he hung up.

“Hey!” she raised her voice a little as she pulled the phone away from her ear. “He’s really unbelievable.” She mumbled before looking up at Brian. “What did Yunho say?”

Before she could answer, one of the newborns interrupted her by saying “You mean Yunho? Jung Yunho?” She let out a heavy sigh before looking at Brian. “Looks like they're under Yunho's care.” Brian’s eyes widened before he started to analyze the faces of the newborns. “Based on how they look like, it seems like they only have two weeks of training. Are they..?”

“I think they are.” Hae Jung answered Brian even though he didn’t fully ask her the question. She would figure that these twelve newborns they had to babysit for a moment, were the chosen ones.

“H-How do you know that we’ve been training for two weeks?” one of the newborns asked. Brian smirked as he continued to ignore his question.

“You have to bring them out of here, now.” Hae Jung announced instantly when she could smell more nine tailed foxes coming. And it wasn't just a little pack this time. Growls could be heard from the door as more nine tailed foxes entered the room. “These foxes just won’t give up. Bloody hell.” Hae Jung cussed before shoving her phone into her back pocket. “Take them back to the van. Get Sty to keep watch in the sky and get Celestial to head back to the van. If I’m not back within five minutes, blow up this place and leave.”

“We can’t just leave you here alone!” one of the newborns spoke as Hae Jung glared at Brian.

“Hurry! There’s not much time until the nine tailed foxes surround the way out!”

Brian punched the wall, causing a big hole to form. A few of the newborns looked at him in awe but Brian just focused on keeping them safe. “Out here, now.” Brian called out as all the newborns followed him except for one. “I-I’m not leaving you here alone.” Her glare disappeared before placing a hand on his cheek. As much as that newborn wanted to back away, something was telling him to stay. “What’s your name?”

“S-Sehun.”

She pulled her hand back before sharpening her glare. “Well Sehun, leave. I know what I’m doing.”

“B-But,” Hae Jung turned her back to face him as she got ready to attack the nine tailed foxes that started to flood the room. “You can’t fight them alone!” Sehun shouted but he got dragged out by Brian out the hole he made on the wall. She smiled a little before she turned around to greet the foxes entering the room. Her smile instantly fell and was replaced with a glare in her eyes again. One fox in particular, caught her eye as she didn’t transform into her full form.

“Nice to meet you again, Hae Jung.”

“Wipe that smirk from your face Victoria. You won’t be smiling when I’m done with you.”

“Do you really think you can kill me?”

“Honestly?” she raised her eyebrow before reaching for her sharper knife in her back pocket. “Yes.”