Fifty-Six.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 2 / 0 7 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Fifty-Six 

 

 
When her eyes opened, she was still tied on the board but the only thing different was her blindfold was gone. She could hear gasps and whimpers that weren't hers in the same room but somehow it was muffled. She furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to open her eyes but it was hard because a burning rod had burnt the area near her eyes, leaving a burnt mark at the side of her temples and that was what burnt the blindfold until it fell to the ground. She tried one more time again with a hiss but she managed to keep them open for a second only to see three other people in the room. However, they looked so foreign, yet so familiar.
 
When she opened her eyes again, gaped open when she could see a blurry image of a woman with brown hair let down until it covered her shoulders. There wasn't anything special about her clothes as she was wearing something that looked comfortable and casual. "H-Hae Jung!" She heard a cry of a woman's voice that had called her and her eyes shot open when the voice sounded familiar again. She gulped before squinting her eyes only to realize there was this forcefield separating her from the three other people in the exact same room.
 
Hae Jung blinked her eyes multiple times, over and over again in hopes her vision would get clearer but nothing was going her way when she tried to move but she couldn't. The strings that tied her down wouldn't break free and as she tried to use her mind to rip them apart, she couldn't. It was like something's blocking her mind. 
 
"She can't hear us properly." Alaric said as he analyzed Hae Jung's face. The elderly could easily tell she was also having difficulties in seeing now because of the place Zenon's men had burnt her with the rod earlier. "Hae Jung! Can you hear me?!" Her mother, Hae Hwa wasn't giving up on trying to make her daughter realize that her mother was here. Her mother who she thought was dead and gone decades ago, is currently alive. On the other hand, her father couldn't even grasp on the fact he got to see his daughter again. Sure, Hae Jung was close to her parents but she had a special connection with a father. One that her mother didn't understand but her father could see through her like glass and much to his surprise at first, she could read him like an open book too.
 
The moment Hae Jung came into the world, he knew she would be something different and he wasn't wrong. She was something so much more and when he had a son, he had a feeling that he connected more with his mother and it was true. Hae Jung was more on her father's side while her brother was more to her mother's side. Kwan Jung gulped before he helplessly stared at his daughter tied up. How he would love to just break the wood apart so she'd be free but he can't. None of them could because the four of them had their powers sustained when they entered the room. The only way their powers could be used again is as if they break free from the room but after decades of the three of them being trapped here (for Alaric it was much longer), if it was that easy to break free, they would've been out from here and back to the castle a long time ago.
 
But the only thing holding them back as well was what would happen if they went back? That would let Zenon have another whole new reason to create the war again. Having one brutal war was horrible enough. Having another one would be chaos. Hae Jung shook her wrists a little when she felt like maybe when she was getting burnt by the burning rods, the rods may have brushed against the ropes, making it slightly easier to shake them off with force. She kept on trying even though it was cutting her wrists slowly but nothing mattered as long as she could get them off. "She's trying hard." Alaric whispered so Hae Hwa would stop trying to get her daughter's attention who was struggling as hard as she could with her eyes shut. Hae Hwa fell to her knees before Kwan Jung walked over to follow her except he wrapped his arms around her. "She's so much different now."
 
"She blossomed beautifully." Hae Hwa breathed out before Kwan Jung let out a soft, bitter sigh as he cracked a small smile. "I wouldn't exactly say blossom."
 
"You should understand what I mean." Hae Hwa said before Kwan Jung smiled contendedly. Despite being in this whole situation where things would start to get brutal because Zenon has Hae Jung under his hands here with them, it was nice just seeing his daughter again. Imagine how hard it must've been for them? Yes, it was hard for Hae Jung to struggle all on her own, thinking her parents and her brother died thus leaving her the only rightful person to take over as queen and at her age to take over such a stressful yet honorable title. It was and is hell for a girl that young to go through that much but as the years go by, if she were to step up for the throne for the sake of the people, whether she liked it or not she would. And she would definitely make changes in a way where Zenon wouldn't be as lucky to pull off anything funny or she'll be there in an instant to cut his head off even if she didn't have that much of a chance to get out alive.
 
"Don't try and stop me." Luhan growled when he could sense two people following him but soon he was held back by his shoulders by Sehun. "What do you want?" Luhan hissed when he turned around to face the two younger ones in front of him. Without a word, Tao grabbed Luhan's left arm before Sehun grabbed the other as they attempted to drag him back but Luhan used his powers to push them off until they fell onto the ground. "Don't touch me."
 
Again, without saying anything the two got up and gripped onto Luhan's arms tighter this time as they managed to drag him until he took a few steps before this time he used more force to push them off until they flew onto the other side of the forest. "What are you trying to do?!" Luhan roared before Tao and Sehun did whatever they thought was appropriate now, to hell with Luhan's with them. Tao froze time before Sehun grab ahold of some vines with the power of wind and soon he had a few vines in his hands. "Hurry." Tao muttered softly and Sehun gave a nod before he quickly tied Luhan's hands together behind his back. Time resumed and Luhan's eyes widened when he realized he was tied up and Sehun along with Tao was already dragging him back towards the house. Luhan moved his shoulders roughly as he tried to free himself from Tao and Sehun's grip but there was no point.
 
"Let me go! I have to get there!" Luhan shouted but Sehun and Tao had muted Luhan's voice. They were staying calm and dragged Luhan further. Arguing now would be pointless as well as convincing him. The only plan was to drag him back there and with everyone, that's when they'll discuss. Sehun stopped walking and tugged Luhan and Tao, making them stop. "Let you go there and what? Get yourself killed before you get to see her? Do you think Zenon would follow the treaty rules of not killing you once you step inside the castle? And do you actually think it's a short distance from here? No. It's not. Don't kid anyone right now and just follow us back before you do anything stupid." Sehun spoke up and Tao gulped at Sehun's words that seemed so cold now. What happened to that person who first discovered his powers and wasn't even this close to being cold? With those words aiming at Luhan, he had completely forgotten Sehun was younger than him and just followed them back silently.
 
"Tch, you found me?" Jongup asked in a slightly amused tone when Daehyun sat down beside him by the river bank. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol followed only to stay on guard as they sat with their backs facing Daehyun and Jongup who were facing the river. "We have to get back there Jongup." Daehyun said softly and Jongup clenched his fists. "How can that bastard just care for himself? What about all the things she's been doing for us?"
 
"He's not a bastard." Chanyeol spoke up after hearing Jongup insulting his friend. True they were the chosen ones with a great bond, but there comes to limit to how you just pounce on one another's friend like that. Kyungsoo understood how Jongup was feeling but that doesn't mean he likes it when Jongup just disses Luhan like that. No one really knows what Luhan has been through, therefore they can't just judge him like that because he took things literally. "Yeah, well. You saw it with your own eyes." Jongup said and Daehyun breathed out heavily before he glanced at Kyungsoo the same time the latter glanced at him. The two gave each other familiar looks before looking away, indicating they would take actions if the argument between Jongup and Chanyeol would continue any further. It was bad enough Jongup had this argument with Luhan, now with Chanyeol? "This day just gets better and better." Kyungsoo muttered softly before the one with the low voice continued to reason out with the one who nearly lost his cool with Luhan.
 
"If so, he can't just act as if he's the only one hurting! What about Hae Jung?!"
 
"I admit, yes. Luhan is blunt and rash but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a heart. Put yourself in his shoes and see how it feels like!"
 
"I wo-"
 
"Try putting yourself in his shoes where you just gotten to be with the one you love! The one you fell for after a few months of just meeting her! And then she turns around saying that she doesn't love you because you're just useless and not worth as a vampire to take in right in front of an enemy! Try picturing all that happening to you and tell me if you can think of anything right to do at the moment! Tell me what would you say at that moment without having a single second to think!" Chanyeol's voice got louder and louder after each line and right after he was done, he was taking in deep breaths, leaving Jongup speechless with nothing to say. Jongup breathed out heavily before turning his back on Chanyeol as he stared at the river. "I'm sorry." Jongup breathed out after a moment of silence.
 
"I just want her to be alright. It's been a long time since I've been attached to people who mean so much to me and.. I just don't want any of them to be hurt, injured.. or dead. Even you guys." Jongup admitted sheepishly before he glanced up at the sky. Chanyeol sighed when he noticed that Jongup wasn't a person to just act or blurt out things without thinking. Jongup too, was a person with heart and feelings who understood people well. "I'm sorry too." Chanyeol whispered and all they wanted was for Hae Jung to be alright, and for them to get through the war safely. There might be chances that a few of them will get killed but.. he just wanted Hae Jung to be safe now.
 
Zelo gulped as he looked up into the sky as he was on the highest branch on the tree. He lifted his chin only to sigh as the sky when he saw birds flying through the sky so freely. He let out a bitter smile before blinking the tears away. "I'm sorry, mom and dad." He breathed out as he leaned his back against the tree trunk. "I knew I should've calmed myself down and not burst out like that, but I couldn't take it." Zelo murmured softly before he shook his head. "No wonder you guys gave up on me." he chuckled bitterly before his laughter died when he realized it wasn't all that funny. It wasn't funny at all. Is it funny when his parents abandoned him after using him as some sort of science experiment test? His parents were known to be some sort of scientists as they were trying to find out some sort of potion or chemicals that can produce extraordinary powers in human beings.. as well as for vampires, secretly.
 
One thing leaded to another, Zelo's parents had used their own son as their test. They injected various types of chemicals that can't kill him but did harm him for a while until all those chemicals mixed up in his body thus giving him the powers he has today, bone manipulation. Somewhere during the process of him transforming into something horrifying to his parents eyes, they disposed him. However, one of the leaders in the Dynarion clan discovered Zelo's body lying on the ground in an abandoned alley. The leader saw the mark on Zelo's lower torso and recognized that mark well. He was one of the chosen ones and his parents mistaken that as some effect after the chemicals. Even with all of this didn't matter because Zelo came to love his powers but he still didn't enjoy recalling back the memories when he would shout, run away from his parents from all the needles but it was pointless.
 
The memory of his parents locking him up in the room with chemicals and needles everywhere, made him scared to the bones that he tried pushing away all the needles that came his way but was hopeless when other staff came to hold him down. Up until now, he couldn't forgive his parents for what they've done to him, not that he didn't like his powers nor did he didn't accept himself. He began to love himself a lot more after the leaders gave him a talk, a talk of encouragement but sometimes the past does bite him in the neck. He doens't know about his parents' wereabouts and call him heartless but he can honestly not care anymore. "I should probably get back." he muttered to himself before he looked down to jump down but Yongguk was already standing down there looking up to him. "You should get down by now, yeah?"
 
Zelo scoffed before he jumped down, only to stand up in front of Yongguk. "Why did you-"
 
"Because you're family." Yongguk simply stated before he turned around and pulled Zelo by his arm as they started walking back to the house.
 
"Is everyone here?" Kris asked and they did a head count. Exactly eighteen of them were here, including Luhan. After a little while of settling down, the three leader-like guys decided to have the discussion now.
 
"Why are you all looking at me?" Luhan asked and some of them cracked into a smile. "We're in." Suho said as he furrowed his eyebrows. "You're in? In what?" Luhan asked, not aware of what was going on. While Luhan was away, everyone had agreed to follow Luhan's decisions on how to head to Zenon's castle, possibly starting another war but this time, it didn't matter to them as long as Hae Jung would get back safely. Possibly bringing back her parents (if they were alive) while they're at it and God knows how many other vampires on the Dynarion clan have Zenon been keeping in there.
 
"What we're saying is, you want to head to Zenon's castle right?" Yongguk asked and Luhan nodded his head once slowly.
 
"To save Hae Jung?" Kris added and Luhan eyed Kris for a moment before nodding his head again.
 
"Well, tell us what we need to do." Suho said as Luhan's eyes widened a little but his expression remained calm. "W-What?"
 
"We want you to lead us, Luhan. Lead us to our way to Zenon's castle and fight for our name. It won't be easy getting there and it sure won't be easy to fight against the vampires there but we're going to try."
 
"Even if it means we won't get out there alive, we'll fight to the end."
 
Luhan smirked before he looked at everyone around him. "Looks like we've got some planning to do."