Fifty-Four.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 0 8 / 0 7 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Fifty-Four

 
Trainings were harder and everything seemed to be more flurstered now considering Brian and Brandon were gone. They wouldn't say where they were heading to but Hae Jung sensed it was somewhere a little offside in the Dynasty side. Even with her senses she couldn't tell why they were heading there but she was more focused on training them now. They seemed to be skillful now because they could control their skills but at the same time, improvement was something they could have. Its been merely 4 days since that incident with the three vampires. Eli and AJ, the remaining two vampires were locked up with the indestructable handcuffs before Taemin, Onew, Jonghyun and Key decided to be the ones to take them back to the castle. The rest were under the care of the Praecipuus Brothers and Hae Jung. 
 
"You boys are ready." Siwon smiled when he came down to the floor all the boys were at along with Ryeowook. "We are?" Sehun breathed out and Siwon nodded his head. "We should be ready when the time comes. For the time being, we wait."

"N-No offense but why are we the ones waiting?" Tao asked and everyone turned to look at him before wondering the same thing. Why was it them waiting for the opposite side to attack and not them? Why would they need to wait here like sitting ducks?
 
"Why can't we strike an attack first before they come after us?"
 
"Because that's how we were trained." Siwon explained before Eunhyuk continued.
 
"How different would we be from them if our mentalities were alike?" 

"We, the people in the Dynarion Clan are trained to maintain the peace. Keep the peace between the vampires and the humans balance, not start a war among them. Especially not with the Carrion Clan. We hope this to be the last war once and for all." Ryeowook muttered softly as he shuddered when he remembered the previous war where he had lost five of his brothers. "And this time, we'll end it once and for all. Even if it means our lives will be put on the line. It'll be your duty from then on." Siwon explained and it was silent. "We have a few things to take care of. Therefore, I assume you all can train on your own?"
 
"I said, I assume you all can train on your own?" Siwon said with a more stern voice and the boys got up to leave the house to begin their training. When Hae Jung got out of the house, her hand was wrapped with another person's hand. A hand she knew too well. "Where are you taking me?" She asked him before he simply smirked before he pulled her away from the sight of the boys but Kris easily caught a glimpse of the two taking off into action. "That cheesy bastard." Kris breathed out as he shook his head before he faced front to see who he was up against. "Yongguk?" Kris's eyes widened before Yongguk flashed him one of his gummy smile. "Yeah, a little battle wouldn't hurt right?"
 
"Bring it on."
 
"You asked for it."
 
"Luha-"
 
"Not a word until we reach." Was all he said as he continued to drag her. They kept walking through trees and jumping over rivers just to keep on walking to wherever Luhan had in mind. Again she tried to read his mind but this damned boy had learnt how to shield them properly. "Don't worry about anything." he whispered as they past by a few more trees before they were soon standing in the middle of the forest however everything here looked a bit different. He let go of her hand and she let the fact sink in that they were on the offside of the Dynasty side. From the corner of her eyes she could see that exact same small hut she found her brother's dead body in. She froze when she saw the hut but her expression didn't give it away but Luhan noticed the change in her aura.
 
From an aura that seemed to be somewhat, intimidating, it changed slightly into a scared one as her body stiffened. "What's wrong?" he asked softly as he tried to see where her eyes were focused on but he couldn't when she turned to face him. "Why did you bring me here?" she questioned in a tone that Luhan couldn't sense whether she was happy, sad or pissed. He had no clue and he definitely did not want to make her feel anymore stressed than she already was because of everything on her shoulders. "I just wanted to get us away from everything over there. For us to be alone. Just you and me."
 
"Out of every single place around here, why here?" she questioned and he gulped. "Why not here?"
 
Not wanting to question anything else, she forced out a soft "What do you want to do here?"
 
"Fight."
 
"Excuse me?"
 
"You heard me." he sounded serious that she noticed his eye color changed red and it wasn't long before hers changed color.
 
"This should be interesting." Zenon spoke up as he got down from the cartridge only to stand from a distance as he watched the pair battle against one another. "Do we go in now?" one of the vampires who were by Zenon's side asked and Zenon shook his head before a grin snuck up onto his face. "Let's enjoy this show first." Zenon smirked before the other vampires got ready in their positions as it wouldn't be long before they would need to attack.
 
"Not so fast." Hae Jung smirked when she had easily caught Luhan's hand before kicking his hand away and soon he received a punch on his lower torso before he fell to the ground. He quickly got up and used his mind to make a shield appear around him before she easily broke it down. The moment it was broken down, he gripped onto her wrist when she hissed. She whispered a soft chant before her wrists started to burn and he growled before he let go of her wrist. It wasn't long before they started to have a combat fight with just hands and legs without involving their powers after a short agreement.
 
It is vital that vampires are capable of fighting without using their powers too and in this case, the two had a fairly good experience in combat skills. He jumped before he dodged the low kick she gave quickly before he tried to land a punch on her chin but she grabbed his hand and pushed him away. He lunged forward with his fist but she ducked and elbowed his stomach with her elbow, causing him to fall onto the ground. He collected himself fast before he rolled over the moment Hae Jung tried to kick him when she stood in front of him on the ground. He pushed himself off the ground and took a few steps backwards to dodge the kicks she was giving out. He swiftly caught her leg and pulled her until she fell forward. The next second he straddled behind her waist with both legs trapping her body in before he grabbed her neck with one arm from the back and pretended like there was a weapon on his other hand or if he were to use force in his hands he would easily twist or even behead her. "I win." he breathed out and she pried his arm away from her neck before she rolled over to pin him down on the ground.
 
One hand on his neck while her other hand was beside his face. "Not really." She breathed out this time and he rolled over before he was the one hovering on top of her as his legs trapped her legs and his hands pinned her wrists down firmly. "Think again."
 
She kicked him off when she saw that sly smirk on his face and he chuckled softly before things got serious again. It was just for a split moment she saw him smiling whole heartedly and she froze but she collected herself to dodge the amount of trees being thrown at her at great speed because of Luhan's doings. They seem to be carrying this on for a few minutes now but it wasn't too clear on who was winning and who was losing. The two got injured but their wounds would seal up no matter how bad the injury was. "This love fest is getting tiring. Head in now." Zenon commanded and soon Hae Jung's senses sharpened before she gripped onto Luhan's arms to stop his next attack.
 
"S-Stop, we're not alone." She growled and she knew Luhan could feel it too the moment his body tensed up. Luhan turned around to lean his back against her as the two kept watch. No matter what, he was definitely not going to leave her if she asked him to. If she were to ask Luhan to run, it would be hopeless because she could sense there was just more than two or three vampires. No, there were more than that and how could she be so careless not to notice the presence lingering around here? Especially when the place they were at was this close to crossing over to the Cattridge side.
 
She let out a soft growl when the person she'd never expect to see appeared in front of her eyes. Her lips parted but soon she pressed her lips into a thin line before hissing. "What the hell are you doing here?"
 
"Still fiesty as ever." Zenon spoke in an amused voice but Luhan was confused here, though he didn't show it in his face. Little did they know, Luhan and Hae Jung were surrounded by eight vampires, excluding Zenon. Luhan eyed the vampires in front of him and he knew that they were strong and capable of doing things he didn't want to find out. "You're breaking the treaty rules." She growled and she could feel her muscles tensing up even though she didn't want them too. The look in his eyes were coated with a hint of mockery, she didn't want to look into his eyes but to prove she wasn't afraid of him, she stared into his eyes.
 
"I don't mind, as long as I get my hands on you. Plus, I didn't kill anyone.. yet." he said in a low voice before he took a step closer but Luhan easily held her by her waist from the back to swap places with him and it became to Luhan staring into Zenon's eyes instead. "Leave her alone." He growled lowly and Zenon chuckled loudly before Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. That was one thing Hae Jung hated the most, how Zenon would just try to make a joke out of a serious situation. "My my my, and who might you be? Her little play toy? Already?" Zenon questioned and Luhan clenched his fists, ready to attack but Hae Jung sent a thought to Luhan. "Don't. You attacking him is just what he wants. We can't let that happen."
 
Luhan's body relaxed a little before he continued to stare into Zenon's eyes. "See? You don't even dare to come and attack me."
 
"You can't even protect your girl." Zenon taunted again but Luhan kept himself together.

"If I were to kill her or you, it'll be so simple because you're worthle-"
 
Luhan lost it as he lunged forward to land a hit on Zenon's jaw but Zenon easily dodged it before he gripped onto Luhan's incoming fist. "Tsk tsk tsk, so rash." Zenon breathed out and Hae Jung knew this wasn't going to end well. It was going to result in Zenon taking the two of them back and she knew it. Brian and Brandon were too far away and the Praecipuus Brothers' had some affairs to take care of for now and Onew along with the rest were still in the castle. If they were to come here now it would be hopeless as it would take too long before the leaders or any other trainers to reach here. Zenon had definitely plan to come at the right time. Soon the other eight vampires who accompanied Zenon sprang into action when this turned out to be a nine against two. It was completely hopeless to fight against them. Completely hopeless. It wasn't even a few seconds when four vampires held Hae Jung back and the other four held Luhan back. Luhan had injuries on his lower torso as well as his legs but Hae Jung was stabbed on the leg so she couldn't run as fast as she could unless the wound would heal quick.
 
"What do you want with us?" Luhan growled when Zenon stood in front of the two vampires. 
 
"Hmm.. I guess bringing you back for my collection wouldn't be that bad."
 
Luhan's eyes widened but Hae Jung remained collected. She didn't want to expose anymore emotions than she already have in front of Zenon. "Or maybe I should kill you so that I wouldn't need to bring you back with me."
 
"That's against the treaty rules." Hae Jung growled lowly and Zenon smiled. "Over protective so it seems?"
 
"It couldn't hurt killing your little love toy." Zenon said as she scoffed. “Love toy? Him? You’ve got to be kidding me.” Her voice sounded so serious, even Zenon's eyes widened slightly and no one caught that but Hae Jung. Luhan’s eyes widened as he gulped. “Hae Jung.” He breathed out and she rolled her eyes when she turned to look at Luhan. The only thing in his mind now wasn’t the fact that Zenon was going to kill him, it was the words that was coming out of Hae Jung’s mouth now. 

“He means nothing to me.” She said and Luhan furrowed his eyebrows at her. “What the hell are you talking about?” Luhan spoke up and Hae Jung let out a chuckle. He felt a pang at his heart and suddenly felt betrayed, hurt along with the feeling of being backstabbed. He definitely wanted to know what she meant. “My my what do we have here? What do you mean?” Zenon asked in an amused tone as he came closer towards Luhan. “He’s nothing. He was just one of the chosen ones but he’s not all that good either. I just needed someone to get along with and he was the one to proof to the others that I could get along well with the chosen ones.” She said and Luhan’s eyes changed back to its original color.

He gulped as he tried to hide the fact he was getting hurt now. Not physically but emotionally. He clenched his fists as he tried to push away the vampires holding onto him but it was no use. “Oh my god. Is this true?” Zenon asked calmly as he came towards Hae Jung. There was always this hint of mockery and vain in his voice that Hae Jung hated a lot but of course for now, she'll mute it all out. “Of course it’s true. Why would I lie about being with that useless vampire?” Hae Jung snapped back and Luhan took a step back when the vampires behind him pushed him forward.

"What are you saying?" Luhan's voice was cold, and he demanded for answers from the girl who was so different around him but now, he doesn't even know who she was.

"Take a hint."

"I don't believe you." he snapped at her when he glared at her but she wouldn't even turn to face him.

"That's up to you if you want to believe on false hopes."

A moment of silence filled in between the two and Zenon was just enjoying all of this. He was sick in the mind, as well as in the heart. He would enjoy just watching young hearts getting crushed.

 “All those nights with me, those meant nothing to you? At all?” he asked and he was hoping she would just change her answer. Please don’t do thi- “Of course not. Do you think those nights would mean anything to me? You mean nothing to me. Nothing at all. You can never replace Kyle. He will be the only one I love and you will never be up to his level.” Her words were like knives just aiming at Luhan and as much as he wanted to dodge them, he couldn’t. His heart was just beating slower in his heart and if it was possible, he would want his heart to stop pumping.

“I can’t believe you.” Luhan breathed out as he stared at Hae Jung.

“Alright boys, let him go. It seems like Hae Jung has made it clear he means nothing.” Zenon ordered and the vampires didn’t want to let him go but Zenon made them let Luhan go. “So I was just a little, toy? A little game? Those nights, were all lies? How could you be so heartless? Do you even have a heart?!” Hae Jung couldn’t stand to hear his voice any longer. “Just take me away Zenon. I can’t stand to be around someone as useless as him. As worthless and as unworthy as him. I don't know why he was a chosen one in the first place. I really don't.” Hae Jung said monotonously and Zenon smirked. “Very well.” Zenon clapped his hands and the vampires following Zenon pushed Luhan away until he fell to the ground and they went to lead the way. Luhan breathed out after he scoffed.

The vampires gripped onto Hae Jung before they brought her towards the direction of the castle. Zenon smiled at Luhan before he sighed. “What a pity. I was looking forward to kill you. But I guess I could just kill her instead.” Zenon said before he leaned closer as he injected a needle into Luhan's arm. Luhan's eyes widened but before he could react to anything, the needle was pulled out by Zenon before he disappeared in a blink of an eye after a dirty smirk. Everything in Luhan's mind now became haywire. "Hae Jung." He breathed out before he fell to the ground with his eyes half-opened that slowly closed fully as he saw nothing but darkness.