I Beg To Differ.

Revenge.


P u b l i s h e d   o n : 2 4 / 0 4 / 2 0 1 3
 Chapter Eleven  I Beg To Differ.

"You're getting weaker. I still have a chance to kill you."

 

“What the hell, I've got so many cuts I don't even know where to begin. Kai groaned as he lifted up his shirt to let Lay cure one or two more extra cuts on his lower torso. He's gotten so many cuts along with the rest of the boys that were on Hae Jung's side. He could've just let it cure by itself but he'd rather let Lay train his skills on healing. Lay chuckled before flicking Kai's head. "Be grateful she offered to instantly cure us all at once."

"What did you guys do?" Kris asked Kai as he was sitting down opposite him in the living room while the rest of the boys were somewhere in the house. It was just Lay, Kris and Kai in the living room. "We had to run all the way up a mountain." Kai groaned as he brushed his shirt before sitting down on the sofa. "That's it?" Kris questioned as Kai and Lay shot glares at Kris, causing the taller boy to lean back on the sofa.

"20 times." Kai held up two fingers up.

"In three minutes each time." Lay held up three fingers.

Kai put down one finger to put up one finger. He motioned it along when he said, "Back and forth.”

"In a zigzag pattern." Both of them said in unison, leaving Kris to gawk his mouth open. He gulped before shrugging his shoulders. "Sounds like hell."

"Oh believe me. It was more than hell." Kai hissed before shutting his eyes tight to rub the sides of his head. Before Kris could say anything, he was cut off by the thuds coming from the stairs. It sounded like someone was running down the stairs. Suho appeared downstairs as he opened the door. "Hey! You kept your word!" Suho chimed as he stepped aside so Hae Jung could come in.

"Who is i-" Kris's voice trailed off the moment he saw Hae Jung. "I don't back down on my word. Plus, I wouldn't want you to fail. That would make your teacher take that as an excuse for you to stay back more in college." she shrugged her shoulders before he directed her to the dining table in the room. All she brought along was a notebook along with a calculator. Oh, and a pencil with an eraser.

"I'll be down soon!" Suho immediately said as he realized he had left a bunch of math books in his room. She let out a soft scoff before placing a hand on his chest to prevent him from going up. "Forget it. We won't need them." His eyes widened as he gulped. "W-We won't?" He gazed down to where her hand was on his chest above his heart. She pulled her hand back slowly after realizing the boy's gaze to where he was staring at. "Yeah, we wouldn't. Just take a seat." she brushed past him to sit down.

"What are you doing here?" Lay questioned, raising an eyebrow. The other two guys in the living room were also as curious as the boy who asked that question. "Hae Jung's here to tutor me math. I..I was kind of-"

"He just didn't get it that much. So the faster we start, the faster we can finish." Hae Jung cut him off the moment he took a seat beside her. He nodded as he clasped his hands together on the table. There was a gap between the two. She shook her head slightly before pulling her chair closer towards his, making their arms press onto one another. "W-What are you doing?" He questioned with his eyes widening slightly. "Calm down? Damn it. Do you want me to help you or not?" she run her fingers through her hair and swiped it to one side before shooting a glare at the boy beside her.

He immediately looked down onto the table where she had a pencil and her notebook. Slowly the three boys in the living room came by to the dining table to sit opposite them. All Hae Jung wrote was a simple math problem that could easily cover the whole chapter Mr.Jael was teaching in the class today. She started to show a few examples and tricks on how to answer the questions easily. Kris's eyes widened as even he didn't know those tricks.

Lay and Kai’s mouth gaped open when she explained it thoroughly, making it easier for even a dumb kid in the class to understand. Within 30 minutes, she was done explaining a whole chapter to Suho with just one question that could be used as an example multiple times. “Do you understand now?”

Suho turned to face her as he ruffled her hair. “You’re pretty dang smart.” The three boys widened their eyes and glanced at Hae Jung to see her reaction but there was none. “Do what you got to do, but I’m leaving.” Hae Jung said as she got up from her seat. “Finish these set of questions. I expect to see a full score.” She placed a set of questions in front of Suho before she picked up her books to walk out from the house.

She immediately stopped walking the moment she could sense something. She placed her things down on the floor as she felt a familiar presence getting nearer and nearer. Her eyes widened and the door flung open, revealing Brian. “We need to leave! Now!” Brian shouted as the four boys shot up immediately. “W-What’s going on?!” Kris shouted as Hae Jung and Brian exchanged familiar looks. “They’re here already?” Hae Jung questioned as Brian nodded his head. “They won’t leave until they kill at least one of them.”

“I swear to God I’m going insane.” She hissed as her eyes turned purple. “Does Yunho know about this?” she questioned Brian as he nodded his head. “He told us to bring them to the other side where they won’t bother us. Meanwhile we have to kill them all and bring them to safety.”

“Bring them all down here. I’ll stall them as much as I can until we’re ready to leave.” Hae Jung said to Brian as she brushed past him to start killing a few vampires that surrounded the house. “Four of you, stay one side.” Brian whispered as the four boys moved aside to lean against the wall. They could feel a bunch of new presence nearing them. And they weren’t good.

Within a minute all the boys rolled down the stairs, landing on one another before groaning. “What the hell?!” A few of them cussed at the same time. “Who did this to us?!”

Their expressions of anger disappeared the moment they saw Brian in front of them. “Get up, and get ready to fight for your lives. We’re leaving this house. We’re going to depart to another place on the other side.”

“W-What’s going on?” D.O. questioned as Brian’s eyes turned into a slight shade of maroon. “Let’s just say, someone’s out to kill you boys. And you have to make sure you love your life just as much to prevent them from taking it from you.”

“You bastards never give up, do you? How many more do you have along with you? Ten?” She questioned as the vampire in front of her shot a glare. “We don’t need ten, five of us are enough.”

“Five?” she raised an eyebrow before letting out a dry chuckle. “Someone’s cocky.” she wiped the blood at the side of her lips before he tried to attack her again. He sculpted a sword with his hands before gripping onto it tight. He tried to stab the sword at her stomach but she disappeared and appeared behind him. “You’ve gotten faster.” He smirked before turning around to stab her again but a figure pushed him off.

Her eyes darted to the vampire that tried to kill her, only to see Brian on him for a short moment before he killed the vampire under him. “We can’t waste anymore time. It won’t be long until they send more and more reinforcements.” Brian grunted as he got up. The twelve boys were already battling against the vampires around them. She was panting, hard. She could sense that more and more vampires were coming.

If they don’t act quick, chances are one of them might get killed. Sty came from the sky before landing on her shoulder. At this rate, they were doing quite well. They were able to kill the vampires around them with the help of one another. It was good, but at the same time it was bad. What if they were alone? Would they be able to kill their enemies? That was the only thing that bothered Hae Jung.

She reacted quick before a knife could cut through her neck. She dodged the attack before ending the life of the vampire that tried to kill her. She pushed his body away from hers before voicing up. “Follow Brian to the van! Let’s not spare any time!”

Brian nodded before dashing towards the van where he had parked it a few meters away from them. The boys didn’t want to leave Hae Jung alone at first, but they followed orders. They followed Brian towards the van and hopped in. Brian accelerated away from the house and made his start to the new destination. It was night and quiet, but at the same time it was chaos in the back of the van.

“What’s going on?!”

“Who were those people?”

Brian gulped before focusing on the dark road ahead of him. It was quiet, way too quiet. “Those are the guys on the Carrion Clan. They must’ve known you guys are the chosen ones. There are going to be people coming after to kill you and this is just a warning. It’s usually like this, so don’t worry. We’ve got everything under control.”

“Wait,” Kris called out as he looked around him. “Where’s Tao?”

Everyone’s eyes widened in horror. They looked around and they couldn’t seem to find Tao anywhere. Brian stopped the van instantly before turning back to check. “That little-” He hissed before he continued to drive. “Don’t worry. He’ll be safe.”

“How do you know?” Kris asked with a cold voice. He had a deep feeling in his gut that something was wrong, but at the same time that was what everyone else was feeling. “I’m sure I know things when I say I do. So shut your mouth and listen to me.” Brian’s words were like sharp knives being thrown at Kris’s direction. Kris gulped before sitting back down.

“You’re pretty cute.” Hae Jung heard one of the female vampire taunt as she turned her head around only to widen her eyes when she saw Tao being wrapped up with vines. “Too bad that you’ll have to die.”

Tao was trying all in his might to stop time and break free but his hands were tied up so tight with the vines, he couldn’t even lift a finger. “Screw this.” Tao muttered softly before a tear rolled down his cheek. As much as he hated to admit it, he was afraid of losing his life. “Don’t worry boy, I’ll make it painless and quick.” She smirked before he tried not to burst out into tears.

“If you don’t want to die, beg for it.” She taunted as she made vines crawl around his body. “Over my dead body, .”

“Guess you’ll be getting what you asked for.”

Instead of feeling pain, he felt relieved. The vines on his wrists were gone and he was free from the vines. He opened his eyes only to meet with Hae Jung’s eyes. “Let’s move quick, we don’t have much time to catch up with the rest." He reluctantly grabbed onto her hand as she pulled him together with her to travel in great speed away from the vampires coming behind them. He managed to steal a quick glance at the vampire that was nearly going to take his life away. She was lying on the ground with her head torn apart from her body.

As she dashed forward she could sense vampires waiting in front of them. She was moving too fast to stop in time. “.” She cursed before expecting to crash into the vampires when she realized time was stopped. She backed away from the vampires in front of them and let go of Tao’s hand. “I’ve been practicing.” Tao smirked before she nodded her head. “Let’s kill them and move forward. Understood? Don’t leave my side.”

“Got it.” Tao nodded before he let time resume before Hae Jung begin to rip the heads of the vampires in front of them. Tao tried to take on the vampires behind him on his own but it was a bad mistake. Those vampires easily ganged up against him as Hae Jung was busy with a few other vampires. Her senses told her that he was in grave danger when she immediately wiped out three vampires in front of her before turning around to aid Tao with four other vampires.

Tao kept dodging the attacks being thrown at him as she fought against the remaining three. Tao hissed in pain the moment there was a stab on his thigh. “Damn it.” He cussed as the vampire that tried to kill him smirked. Hae Jung could smell Tao’s blood as she pried off the vampire that tried to pounce on Tao. The vampire under her managed to stab her in the stomach right below her ribcage before she ended the vampire’s life. She shut her eyes tight before pulling out the silver knife. “Bloody bastard.” She threw the knife away from them before she got up. Tao was struggling to stand up but he pulled himself together. His eyes widened the moment he saw blood dripping from her lower torso. “Are you alright?!” He shouted as he tried to run towards her but he fell down because of his thigh.

She managed to pull him up to sling his arm over her shoulder. “Let’s move quick. They’re not far from where we are.” She hissed before a fast force came towards their direction. Her eyes darted to the white tigress beside her. She pushed Tao, making him land on top of the tigress. “Take him back to the place on the other side. The one where we used to go. Brian should be waiting for you there. Go now.” She ordered Celestial as she glanced at Tao. “Hang onto her tight.”

“What about you?!” He shouted as she glared at the boy. “Hang onto her tight!” She shouted at him as he hurriedly wrapped his arms around the tigress’s body. “Run Celest. And don’t stop until you reach the house.” Celestial didn’t hesitate to sprint towards the place where even she could remember at the back of her head.

Hae Jung gulped before she pressed her hand on her injury. That knife that the vampire had used to stab her was melted with silver poison that could easily spread through a vampire’s immune system. The poison could kill a newborn instantly but since she was an experienced vampire living in the world for many years, the effect would only take place a little while later.

She felt a burning feeling spreading through her veins and she knew the poison was starting to react, but slowly. She tried her best to stop it but she couldn’t the moment a vampire pounced on her from the back. She pushed aside her injury to kick the vampire off her. The vampire hissed before taking out his sword. Even though she was in pain, she managed to smirk at the vampire in front of her. “You’re the last one.”

“So? That doesn’t mean I can’t kill you.” The vampire shot her a glare before eying her closely. “You’re injured.” The vampire smirked before trying to make his first move in killing Hae Jung. He dashed towards her as she dodged his attacks. She jumped up high and lifted her legs up higher when she realized that the vampire below her tried to grab onto her legs. She landed on the tree to lean her back against the tree trunk. She felt her body tremble just a little as she eyed the vampire below her. “You’re getting weaker. I still have a chance to kill you.”

“I beg to differ.”

The vampire below her hissed before he jumped to be on the same level as her on the tree. She tried to kick him off but the moment she did, he grabbed onto her leg to pull her down with him. She landed on the ground on her back as he managed to land on top of her. “Let’s see if this will hurt.” He smirked before using his sword to stab in further at where she was previously stabbed.

She tried her best not to let out a scream but she let out a whimper before her eyes turned red. She held onto the boy’s wrist before transferring some of the silver poison into his veins. He withdrew the sword before it dissolved into thin air. Within seconds his face was pale and he fell backwards onto the ground. His eyes turned white and his body was shaking slightly before he stopped moving. She shut her eyes tight before trying to get up. She fell back down immediately the moment she tried to get up.

She was breathing hard, and she could smell her own blood. She was losing a lot of blood, and she knew that. A loud cry of an eagle could be heard and she knew it was her eagle. The eagle dashed down to her side before letting out a soft growl. Hae Jung tried to smile, but she couldn’t. She looked deep into the eagle’s eyes and the eagle felt what his owner felt.

Hae Jung tried to push herself up one more time but this time she succeeded with the help of her eagle clutching onto her shirt. She held onto her eagles claws as her eagle tried to lift her up. The eagle tried his best to carry her as far as he could but it was no use. The eagle was feeling weak and as much as he tried, he fell down to the ground along with his owner.

She hissed in pain the moment thorns were cutting her wound at her stomach. She rolled over to sigh in relieve the moment she was laying on her back. She felt a presence coming towards her and she didn’t even bother to get up. At the corner of her eye she could see Celestial beside her even though it was dark as the moon was the only light source. “You came back..” she whispered before the tigress let out a soft whimper. She tried with all her might to push herself up. Once she got up, she hugged Celestial tight. The tigress could feel the pain in Hae Jung’s body as the tigress sprinted back to where everyone was.

“But she’s back there all alone!” Tao cried as he tried to push off the boys holding him down. “She’ll be here, she-“ Brian’s voice trailed off the moment a loud roar of a tigress could be heard. Brian along with all the boys got up to walk towards the door. The moment the door opened, their mouths gaped open with their eyes widening in shock.

Hae Jung’s shirt was ripped on her lower half revealing her lower torso. She had cuts on her legs along with a deep wound at her stomach. Her own blood dripping from her wound down to her ankle as well as dried blood on her hands. Her face was smudged with blood and dirt. Her face was also pale as the poison was starting to take effect. Her eyes slowly turned from purple to brown.

“I..I made it.” She managed to say with her last breath before she fell to the ground.