Long Awaited Reunion.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 6 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Thirty-Nine  : Long Awaited Reunion.

She crouched down with a tear rolling down her cheek before she reached for the note.

 
Jae Jung! she shouted and the boy turned around only to widen his eyes. "W-Who?" he croaked out softly as he turned to look at Hae Jung's direction. Hae Jung gulped before she looked at Brandon. "Go, I'll give you time with him before we send you back. We'll give you some time with Kyle too. You're safe here." Brandon assured before he left her alone in the big hall with just Kyle and Jae Jung as anyone else remaining there left to give her some privacy. They've been waiting for her and now that she's here, they have to step up their protection around the castle. She looked at Kyle and he weakly waved at her. She took slow steps towards Jae Jung and he immediately ran to hide behind Kyle. "J-Jae Jung, it's me." she croaked out softly as she reached in front of Kyle and she got down on her knees. Her brother was only up to a few inches below Kyle's shoulders and it seems like her brother's soul still remained as the twelve year old boy he was.
 
"W-Who are you?" he called out softly behind Kyle and he peeped through Kyle's legs when he crouched down to look at Hae Jung. She held back the tears as finally, after so many years she finally got to hear her brother's voice again. "I-It's me, Hae Jung." she could see his eyes widening behind Kyle and his mouth gape open. "H-How do I know you're not lying?" she smiled at her brother's stubborness. This was something the two of them had in common. She lifted her wrist and showed him a birthmark on her wrist. "Remember this?" she asked softly and he slowly came out behind Kyle and he lifted up his wrist to reveal the same birthmark. "N-Noona." his voice cracked as a tear ran down his cheek. "H-How did yo-" she didn't waste anymore time to pull him in for a hug.
 
She had one hand behind his head and the other hand to place it behind his back. Her heart ached when she heard him cry even louder. He wasn't the kind to cry like this but he couldn't help but lose it. "Noona.." He cried out softly as he whimpered. He threw his shorter arms around her as he hugged her tight. "I thought I'd never see you again." he cried as she his head. She too, was crying silently as she tried to keep her brother silent. "Shh.. Stop crying Jae. Stop crying." she continued to repeat the same words but it was pointless because he wouldn't stop crying.
 
His last wish was to see his sister one last time before he left the underworld. He's been waiting for her to come down here but she was never informed of this. Seems like it was a blessing in disguise for her to come to the underworld. "T-Thank you, noona." he whispered softly as she croaked out a soft "What do you mean?"

She broke the hug to place it on his waist as he placed his hands on her shoulders. "I know.. what you've done for me to save me. Thank you." he sincerely thanked her with the tears streaming down his face. Hae Jung couldn't hold back the tears as she started to cry even more. His smaller hands cupped his sister's face as he wiped the tears away. "Noona, I love you." gaped open but she couldn't say anything back. Instead she pulled him in for one last hug as she knew this was the last time she'll be seeing him. "Jae Jung." she breathed out his name as she hugged him tight.
 
She slowly started to lose contact of his body when he started to fade away. She pulled away from him only to realize he was slowly fading away with light emitting from his body. "J-Jae Jung!" She shouted but he only smiled as he held onto her hand one last time before he gave a kiss on her hand. He flipped her hand over to place a small bracelet. She clutched onto the bracelet tight as she couldn't tell what was going on. "Where are you going?!" She shouted and he only smiled at her with tears streaming down the little boy's face. "I'm finally going to the light, Noona." he whispered and she shook her head.
 
"N-No! Please! Jae Jung! Just stay a little while longer!" she begged to have more time with him but he shook his head.
 
"I've waited for so long and the Gods were already extending my time to stay down here just for you. Now that I've seen you one last time, it's time for me to go, Noona." She sniffed as she looked down on the bracelet he had placed on her hands. "That bracelet will let you call me anytime you wish to hear me but it may not work sometimes. I will try to come down and be there for you but even the Gods won't allow that sometime. Whenever you need me, I will try my best but at the same time, this bracelet is.. just something, Noona." he whispered the last part softly before his figure started to fade away. "Goodbye, Noona. I love you." he whispered one last time before he waved. "No Jae Jung please!" she shouted as she tried to reach for him but his body just emitted light. It was so bright she shut her eyes tight.
 
When the light dimmed down she opened her eyes only to find her brother gone. His voice still lingered in her head. She pressed the bracelet onto her chest as she remained kneeling on the ground, crying her heart out. She knew she could cry as much as she wanted down here because when she went back to the real world she would probably go back to hiding it all in. She felt arms around her and she knew it was Kyle. She could finally feel his arms around her and she hugged him back. "He's gone for the better, Hae Jung." he whispered into her ears as she felt lips on her forehead. "K-Kyle." she breathed out as she pulled away from the hug to look at his face. She managed to place a hand on his face before she smiled a little.
 
"I..I can feel you." she whispered onto his face and he leaned into kiss her after all these years. He pulled away and smiled. "It's time for you to go back." he nodded at her and she shook her head. "What if I don't want to leave?" she asked and Kyle gulped. She could stay in the underworld with him if she wanted to but he didn't want to drag her down with him. "No, you can't. You have to get back to the real world. They need you."

"I don't need them! I need you!" she shouted as she could grip onto his shoulders after so long. "Hae Jung, you don't understand. They need you." she scoffed and she pushed away from him as she walked towards the seats nearby to get away from him. "You love someone else, don't you?" she murmured under her breath and he sat down beside her. She scooted away but he pulled her closer. He lifted her up until she was on his lap and he tightened his grip around her waist tightened. "I love you more than anything in the world, you should know that." she gulped and he went on.
 
"You should probably listen to how much I talk about you to the people here. Even Dis is beginning to think I'm irritating with my life stories." he joked and she managed to crack into a smile. "You should know very well why I acted the way I did before I died. I didn't want to drag you down with me an-"
 
"You weren't dragging me down with you. I wanted it for you Kyle. I did. I would do anything to save you."
 
"Then who will save you if I'm not there if you don't save yourself first?" he asked and she kept silent. She was going to say Brian but even she knew she would be the one saving Brian instead. Brian wasn' weak but she was just a little bit more experienced than him. She was also going to say the leaders but after what she's heard from Brandon, she doesn't want to rely on anyone but herself. Just then a thought came through her mind and she was thinking of mentioning one of the chosen ones but she couldn't when Kyle smiled. "You see? You need to save yourself and the ones around you in the reality. You have a choice to go back to reality, take it and don't let it go." she scoffed as she pushed his hands away before she got up from his lap. "What if the positions were reversed?" she asked and his eyes widened. "What?"
 
She walked down the hall with him following behind her as they walked down the corridors. It was empty and quiet, just the way she likes it. She walked down the corridors as she ran her fingers through the rough walls that didn't hurt her fingers. "What if I was the one who died for you and you haven't seen me for ages? How would you feel?" she asked and he felt like a lump was in his throat, just refraining him from speaking. "What if you longed to see and kiss me but you couldn't because I was just a spirit appearing from time to time just telling you to stay alive? What if I appeared in your dreams constantly and that would make you remind of how sweet our love was?" she smiled bitterly and she sighed.
 
"How would you feel if you finally saw me in the underworld and you could finally touch me and feel my kiss again?" she asked softly and he pulled her by her hand to spin her around until she came into his embrace. He took the bracelet from her hands that Jae Jung gave her to put it around her wrist along with something small, above her birthmark. He hugged her tight after doing so and she buried her face into his chest. "I know I hurt you a lot. But it was all because-"
 
"I love you." The two of them whispered in unison and she hugged him tighter. "But you have to get back to the real world. The people need you and, someone else needs you back there." she shook her head as she broke the hug. "I promise you that when you get back there, there will be people who longed for you to wake up. I promise you that." he nodded his head and she smiled at his words. "You promise?" she asked and he nodded his head. "I'll pinky promise you that."
 
He lingered his pinky in front of his face but she pushed his pinky away to seal his lips with hers. He smirked into the kiss and pulled her closer until he pulled away. "I like the way you make promises." he smiled before he tucked strands of her hair behind her ear. "Hae Jung," he breathed out before he took a step back from her. "I don't know how to tell you this but, it's my turn."
 
"Y-Your turn?" she croaked out softly and he nodded his head. Just like Jae Jung, light emitted from his body. She gulped and she let tears streamed down her face as she placed her hand on her chest while the other she used to hold his hand. "Shim Hae Jung, thank you for making me the luckiest man to ever live in this world. I will love you forever more as I watch above you from now on. Let me go, and find your new happiness." She nodded her head as she cried softly. He leaned in closer to let go of her hand and cupped her cheeks to wipe her tears away even though he was slowly fading away. He leaned down to press his lips against hers and she shut her eyes tight to feel his lips for one last time.
 
She could feel the brightness increasing and he was leaving, she knew that. When she felt like the brightness has died down, she opened her eyes only to find a note on the ground right at where Kyle was standing before he left. She crouched down with a tear rolling down her cheek before she reached for the note. She opened the note only to smile again.
Look at your bracelet and tell me what do you see?
She looked away from the note to look at the bracelet on her wrist along with a ring on it. Her eyes widened as she looked back at the note.
That was the ring I was going to give to you on our 100th year of being together but since I couldn't give you then, I thought I'd give you now. Wear that bracelet always, you promise me?
She nodded her head, as she knew Kyle was watching above her now. 
I know I'm late but, happy 100th year anniversary Hae Jung. I loved you all my life and now someone else will have the chance to. It's your turn to finally be happy. I love you.
Another tear rolled down her cheek as she folded the paper to put it in her pocket. "I love you too, Kyle." she whispered before she heard her name being called from down the hall. She turned around only to allow Brandon wipe her tears away. "Stop crying. I hate it when girls like you cry." he whispered as she scoffed. "Girls like me?"
 
"Girls who stay strong for too long." he cupped her cheeks before he pulled away. "Come, it's time for you to go back." Brandon said as he extended a hand. She held onto his hand as he pulled her towards where they would do a ritual to send her soul back into her body.